Turning off transfer budgets at the start if the game for added realism?

I'm sure i read somewhere, maybe in the booklet or maybe online somewhere that you can turn off transfer budgets at the beginning of the game for 'added realism', meaning no one will have money to spend on players until January comes along... i like this idea so i went ahead and did it. i was hoping no team in the game would sign anyone and i would go into the season just like IRL with the same players at the same teams and the same players without a club ...

that is until i spotted on my news feed teams signing players on free transfers who currently don't have a club .. i thought since i turned off transfer budgets that none of the teams would be able to sign anyone no matter what .. this just doesn't add to the realism i was hoping for because i wanted to see how teams managed with the same squads as we see IRL. Hope this can be put into the game someday so i can start a game and not have any teams buy or sign any player at all so i get more sense of realism i was told i could have...

Seems odd, haven't seen free transfers move myself. I know the transfer budget is set to £0 to prevent you from buying players, but didn't notice if the wage budget excess was set to £0 as well.

If both are set to £0 then you have to wonder how clubs are signing players on free transfers :D

Seems odd, haven't see free transfers move myself!

i don't think you ready my post fully :p i know there's an option but it was after remembering about this article i read or maybe if i could be bothered to get off my arse and look it was in the booklet. something to do with added realism

i don't think you ready my post fully :p i know there's an option but it was after remembering about this article i read or maybe if i could be bothered to get off my arse and look it was in the booklet. something to do with added realism

Yeah apologies, i'm reading on my phone and the post was cut off :D

Try taking over a couple of other teams and see if the wage budget excess is £0. If it is, then clubs shouldn't be signing free transfers if they can't pay them the wages. Might be a bug, or could be as designed.

Wages are different from transfers, they have different budgets. Free transfers are allowed over a different period than normal transfers. Lower leagues are allowed to make free transfers all season.

The transfer budget will be set to £0 but your wage budget can be set to anything the board feels like giving you. What should not be happening is clubs signing contracted staff because they have to pay compensation which comes out of the overall transfer budget (this used to happen in previous FMs but I think they fixed it) the also fixed the Interact with board option during the first transfer window if the game was loaded not to allow transfer budgets.

I'm sure i read somewhere, maybe in the booklet or maybe online somewhere that you can turn off transfer budgets at the beginning of the game for 'added realism', meaning no one will have money to spend on players until January comes along... i like this idea so i went ahead and did it. i was hoping no team in the game would sign anyone and i would go into the season just like IRL with the same players at the same teams and the same players without a club ...

that is until i spotted on my news feed teams signing players on free transfers who currently don't have a club .. i thought since i turned off transfer budgets that none of the teams would be able to sign anyone no matter what .. this just doesn't add to the realism i was hoping for because i wanted to see how teams managed with the same squads as we see IRL. Hope this can be put into the game someday so i can start a game and not have any teams buy or sign any player at all so i get more sense of realism i was told i could have...

We're aware of this and I believe it's something we'd consider for the future. I agree that those who would want to use this feature would, on the whole, prefer there to be no transfers at all during the first window.

Archived