For god sake pass it....

Now here it goes....recently in FM si claimed to have enhanced the match engine and in a way they have...New animations,improved graphics excetra BUT and its a big but why in gods name do they not fix the moments where player 1 is through on goal theres a Teammate besides him with only the goalie to beat but instead of passing it like real life he decides to blast it into the heavens just for me to look baffled...oh and BTW player 1 had 15 teamwork.

Hopefully SI fix it in a patch or FM13!!

I don't think there is a huge issue here. There is a lot more to it than just one attribute. PPMs, tactics, player roles, player personalities... I could go on.

A player shouldn't have to be told to lift his head and pass the ball, nor should PPM's have to come into it. A simple thing like squaring the ball when through doesn't have to be treated like some special move !

PPM's are just there to cover the tired and dated ME.

I have noticed this happening quite a bit but it also happens in real life. From my experiences players with good teamwork, decisions and passing seem to be much more willing to slide the ball to an open player than blast the ball over the bar. I do get extremely annoyed when my wingers who have through balls often decide to kick the ball out of the stadium instead of pass.

The 3D is just a representation of what the ME is programming. The ME decides what your advancing player is going to do. It decides from 1: Does he score 2: does he miss.

On this occasion the ME decided your player is going to miss, so the ME then decides how he will miss 1: Play it straight at the GK 2: Play it wide of the either post 3: blast it over.

On this occasion the ME decided you player was going to sky it.

The ME decides this on a number of contributing factors. Your players Decision attribute, Your players Teamwork attribute, Your players Finishing attribute, Your players passing attribute, your players technique attribute, your players composer attribute, your players preferred foot (if he is left footed on the right-hand side his best option in the heat of the moment is to shoot).

If SI *fix* this *problem* there will be threads started saying that to many one-on-ones or two-on-ones in this case are scored. I think the balance is right.

my wigian is messed up. they play a passing game to front in real life, i havn't modified that team that much, and i play that with every save. so what is going on. that and no one tackles either :/

then when i get to 1 on 1's get wilfreds, rooneys hernandez etc missing them.

The 3D is just a representation of what the ME is programming. The ME decides what your advancing player is going to do. It decides from 1: Does he score 2: does he miss...

Just like team talks that are said to be so powerful that you are absolutely forced to engage in them even if you wouldn't want to and/or would like to (role)play a less hands-on manager; just like scripted events and cheating AI that wouldn't let you win a game even after numerous reloads; this is one of the community theories that keep on getting posted so often that despite the officials denying them continously and users debunking them via save games being swapped around, they are being accepted as fact regardless.

I wish Nani in real life would pass from anywhere, let alone 1 on 1 with rooney waiting for a tap-in.

100% this. Utterly infuriating when Nani hogs the ball, I'm sure Fergie's had a few words with him about it, and yet he still does it - because that's what he does, like a real life PPM.

I have a pretty god like full back who has very good stats for a winger so I sometimes use him as an AMR if my usual players are injured for that position (trained him to accomplished in the AMR position).

The only problem is that he has atrocious finishing (5). I've taught him the PPM of looking for the pass rather than the shot, but he still blasts the ball miles wide every time he is in the box and a striker is just waiting for the pass.

I don't play him very often for this reason, but he would be godlike in assists if the PPM worked.

This reminds me of the time period of 2006-2008 when any tom dick and harry that knew anything about football used to complain that Arsenal would improve if they 'stopped trying to walk the ball into the net' and would just shoot more readily.

The first thought of a lot of players who play more advanced positions is 'can I score from here', if the answer is no, that's when some players then look for the pass, but if the answer if yes, the player is going to shoot as soon as possible even if he knows he has a teammate free. So in that sense I think FM is pretty much on the money. Also, it's not as if you never see a player play is square. Sometimes in the lower leagues you see a player to the right thing and try to square it, but bugger what looks to be a simple pass.

well they would. you get into the box, work/create opening then shoot.

arsneal did that... then carried on passing.

if FM did what you said, my striker who is through on goal with only keeper to beat would not then pass to a guy who is behind him, and defenders.

nor would a defender run up the pitch to the edge of the area then have a shot when the pass is on. that isn't thier job.

Archived