Goals of the month/year...

Despite in FM11 scoring 150 goals a season on average and sometimes up to 175 for 13 or so seasonns i never won goal of the month or goal of the year and the goals were by no means just tap ins. I think at most i won runner up in goal of the month twice and maybe once was runner up in goal of the season. It seems to be the same with this game. I've already scored 45 goals and it's just half way through November and i am yet to get on any of the goals of the month even 2nd or 3rd despite many being exceptional goals. In order to make sure i wasn't simply losing out to far superior goals i often watched the goals of the season/year in FM11 and in FM12 and many weren't anything special.

Has anyone else found the same thing? If i remember correctly it's been like this for some time.

When I was in the lower divisions I seemed to regularly get goal of the months.

In the premiership it does seem very rare though, although I have had a few top 3 in the goal of the month (never for the season though).

I've noticed this in all the saves I've played in both FM11 and FM12. Even when Wilshere was scoring screamers, he wouldn't get GotM, and it's the same for City. Even Sam Hatton's wonder goal, a freekick from 35+ yards out, didn't get anywhere.

Despite in FM11 scoring 150 goals a season on average and sometimes up to 175 for 13 or so seasonns i never won goal of the month or goal of the year and the goals were by no means just tap ins. I think at most i won runner up in goal of the month twice and maybe once was runner up in goal of the season. It seems to be the same with this game. I've already scored 45 goals and it's just half way through November and i am yet to get on any of the goals of the month even 2nd or 3rd despite many being exceptional goals. In order to make sure i wasn't simply losing out to far superior goals i often watched the goals of the season/year in FM11 and in FM12 and many weren't anything special.

Has anyone else found the same thing? If i remember correctly it's been like this for some time.

My B team won every single goal of the month and year award (first through 3rd) for 5 seasons on the trot in last year's version. They play in the nations second tier.

My first team generally got them in the top tier as well. My sides haven't achieved that dominance yet in this version though.

My B team won every single goal of the month and year award (first through 3rd) for 5 seasons on the trot in last year's version. They play in the nations second tier.

My first team generally got them in the top tier as well. My sides haven't achieved that dominance yet in this version though.

What nation's laegue was this in?

I agree, its the same with manager of the month I think. In my first season with Blackburn I finished 6th massively overacheived not one MOM and not even mention in manager of the year. Second seaosn finished 5th won league cup and Euopa League still no mention of me getting anything. Now i'm 4 points off first and again still no mention

See i've never had a problem with Manager of the Month/Year at all, if anything in the last game i got it maybe a bit too eays. Then again i won the premiership 13 years in a row form the first season to my last, about 7 C/Ls, numerous L/Cs and quite a few FA Cups (plus all the dumb trimmings Charity Chield, Fifa World Cup Club) any my win % was something like 80+.

Also as is what made me find the problem with goal of the month/year i used to score about 3-4 goals a game on average and concede only about 0.8. So i can understand why they maybe had to give me manager of the month, esp as only one, maybe two of the seasons were close, only one went down to the final day and the rest i was infront frmo beginig to end generally with a couple of games margain that then extended to about 8 or 9 towards the end.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone think it hads to do with the fact that most of my goalscoerers win player/young player of the month or are at least 2nd/3rd. A lot of the time 1st, 2nd and 3rd and the computer jyst doesn't want to give all the awards to the same people?

I can't believe nobody has said "It's your tactics".

How many of your 150+ goals were headers from corners? ;)

I can't say I've seen any bias towards the AI in my games. I have had players win goal awards on previous versions but also usually watch the goals of the winners and they normally looked like they were deserving.

Can't really say for FM12 though since I don't have any awards in my edited game.

My team had first, second and third last year, but i dont usually win them often. Most of my goals are worked into the box tho, not a huge number of mazy runs or long shots. The one that won first last year was my first ever overhead kick goal in FM12. :D

Brought this memory back :p

overheadkick.png

I can't believe nobody has said "It's your tactics".

How many of your 150+ goals were headers from corners? ;)

I can't say I've seen any bias towards the AI in my games. I have had players win goal awards on previous versions but also usually watch the goals of the winners and they normally looked like they were deserving.

Can't really say for FM12 though since I don't have any awards in my edited game.

I can't believe you've not even read the opening post "Despite in FM11 scoring 150 goals a season on average and sometimes up to 175 for 13 or so seasonns i never won goal of the month or goal of the year and the goals were by no means just tap ins."

By no means just tap ins.

No means just tap ins.

No just tap ins.

No tap ins.

No taps.

No.

Archived