+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goals of the month/year...

Amateur

Default Goals of the month/year...

Despite in FM11 scoring 150 goals a season on average and sometimes up to 175 for 13 or so seasonns i never won goal of the month or goal of the year and the goals were by no means just tap ins. I think at most i won runner up in goal of the month twice and maybe once was runner up in goal of the season. It seems to be the same with this game. I've already scored 45 goals and it's just half way through November and i am yet to get on any of the goals of the month even 2nd or 3rd despite many being exceptional goals. In order to make sure i wasn't simply losing out to far superior goals i often watched the goals of the season/year in FM11 and in FM12 and many weren't anything special.

Has anyone else found the same thing? If i remember correctly it's been like this for some time.

Amateur

When I was in the lower divisions I seemed to regularly get goal of the months.

In the premiership it does seem very rare though, although I have had a few top 3 in the goal of the month (never for the season though).

Part-Timer

I've noticed this in all the saves I've played in both FM11 and FM12. Even when Wilshere was scoring screamers, he wouldn't get GotM, and it's the same for City. Even Sam Hatton's wonder goal, a freekick from 35+ yards out, didn't get anywhere.

Amateur

It's without a doubt a real problem.

Third Team

I got goal of the month last season with Crusaders

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Despite in FM11 scoring 150 goals a season on average and sometimes up to 175 for 13 or so seasonns i never won goal of the month or goal of the year and the goals were by no means just tap ins. I think at most i won runner up in goal of the month twice and maybe once was runner up in goal of the season. It seems to be the same with this game. I've already scored 45 goals and it's just half way through November and i am yet to get on any of the goals of the month even 2nd or 3rd despite many being exceptional goals. In order to make sure i wasn't simply losing out to far superior goals i often watched the goals of the season/year in FM11 and in FM12 and many weren't anything special.

Has anyone else found the same thing? If i remember correctly it's been like this for some time.
    My B team won every single goal of the month and year award (first through 3rd) for 5 seasons on the trot in last year's version. They play in the nations second tier.

My first team generally got them in the top tier as well. My sides haven't achieved that dominance yet in this version though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy! View Post
    My B team won every single goal of the month and year award (first through 3rd) for 5 seasons on the trot in last year's version. They play in the nations second tier.

My first team generally got them in the top tier as well. My sides haven't achieved that dominance yet in this version though.
    What nation's laegue was this in?

Part-Timer

I agree, its the same with manager of the month I think. In my first season with Blackburn I finished 6th massively overacheived not one MOM and not even mention in manager of the year. Second seaosn finished 5th won league cup and Euopa League still no mention of me getting anything. Now i'm 4 points off first and again still no mention

Youth Team

I think once I got a few goals of the month. Then for Goal of the Year I was surprised to see 3 of my players were first second and third

Amateur

See i've never had a problem with Manager of the Month/Year at all, if anything in the last game i got it maybe a bit too eays. Then again i won the premiership 13 years in a row form the first season to my last, about 7 C/Ls, numerous L/Cs and quite a few FA Cups (plus all the dumb trimmings Charity Chield, Fifa World Cup Club) any my win % was something like 80+.

Also as is what made me find the problem with goal of the month/year i used to score about 3-4 goals a game on average and concede only about 0.8. So i can understand why they maybe had to give me manager of the month, esp as only one, maybe two of the seasons were close, only one went down to the final day and the rest i was infront frmo beginig to end generally with a couple of games margain that then extended to about 8 or 9 towards the end.

Amateur

Does anyone think it hads to do with the fact that most of my goalscoerers win player/young player of the month or are at least 2nd/3rd. A lot of the time 1st, 2nd and 3rd and the computer jyst doesn't want to give all the awards to the same people?

Third Team

I can't believe nobody has said "It's your tactics".

How many of your 150+ goals were headers from corners? ;)

I can't say I've seen any bias towards the AI in my games. I have had players win goal awards on previous versions but also usually watch the goals of the winners and they normally looked like they were deserving.

Can't really say for FM12 though since I don't have any awards in my edited game.

Amateur

I had goal of the season with Adam Hammill in the championship having scored from his own half!

this was it by the way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhH39kWr8tU
    Last edited by Reedy_1988; 17-02-2012 at 14:15.

Semi Pro

I've never won it. Even when Scott Sinclair almost replicated George Weah's wondergoal. It didn't even make the top three of that month.

Amateur

Never won goal of the season but how many teams in real life can say one of their players has. Had my players in the top 3 of goal of the month alot though and maybe won it twice, usually when my striker goes on a long dribble before scoring.

Reserves

My team had first, second and third last year, but i dont usually win them often. Most of my goals are worked into the box tho, not a huge number of mazy runs or long shots. The one that won first last year was my first ever overhead kick goal in FM12.

Brought this memory back

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    I can't believe nobody has said "It's your tactics".

How many of your 150+ goals were headers from corners? ;)

I can't say I've seen any bias towards the AI in my games. I have had players win goal awards on previous versions but also usually watch the goals of the winners and they normally looked like they were deserving.

Can't really say for FM12 though since I don't have any awards in my edited game.
    I can't believe you've not even read the opening post "Despite in FM11 scoring 150 goals a season on average and sometimes up to 175 for 13 or so seasonns i never won goal of the month or goal of the year and the goals were by no means just tap ins."
    By no means just tap ins.
    No means just tap ins.
    No just tap ins.
    No tap ins.
    No taps.
    No.

Third Team

I can't believe you didn't see my safety wink!

Part-Timer

I get loads of them, and pretty much always to players with "Shoots with power" PPM. The awards seem to love those.

+ Reply to Thread