+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swiss league - Sion

Amateur

Default Swiss league - Sion

With the data update that will obviously be put into place after the January transfer window can anyone confirm whether Sion's 36 point deduction will be put into the game for fielding ineligible players and whether these players will be banned from playing as I beleive this is what is happening IRL.

Reserves

If they get given the points deduction and if the players are banned before the data lock, then yess it should be included. We still don't know whether there will be a data update yet.

Amateur

Sion should be kicked out of professional football!

Amateur

slightly over-exaggerated!! They believed they were in the right, the Swiss court said they were right so your view is complete and utter nonsense....but thank you for your opinion!!

Amateur

People are quick to bash others on this website.

But anyways, they had a transfer embargo on them and still signed players making them ineligible for them to play, subsequently they did play those ineligible players, and this is where all the trouble is coming from. Sion is thinking they are above the law and can go over UEFA & FIFA head by ignoring their embargo and still signing players and then say they didn't do anything, that is just ignorance and arrogance on their part and they should be punished for it!

I don't agree that all of Swiss football should be punished for an individual clubs blatant disregard for the rules, them being docked -36 points is justice for the the other Swiss clubs most notably Basel for finishing in a top 2 spot in the CL group stage, and threatening to lose their place in the knockout round for doing nothing!

Youth Team

The Swiss courts overruled the FIFA and UEFA ruling of not being allowed to sign players.

Being eligible to play is a different story. The only reason they are being docked 36 points is so that UEFA and FIFA see a punishment being administered, otherwise they could be ejected from Champions Leauge, allowing Man United back in. It's more financially sound for them to play in Champions League than to win the league or 2nd or 3rd?

It doesn't matter, they're doing the 36 point thing so they can stay in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    The Swiss courts overruled the FIFA and UEFA ruling of not being allowed to sign players.

Being eligible to play is a different story. The only reason they are being docked 36 points is so that UEFA and FIFA see a punishment being administered, otherwise they could be ejected from Champions Leauge, allowing Man United back in. It's more financially sound for them to play in Champions League than to win the league or 2nd or 3rd?

It doesn't matter, they're doing the 36 point thing so they can stay in Europe.
    there not in the champions league basel are

Part-Timer

If the Swiss FA had not acted against Sion by the deadline, they were threatened with getting all Swiss clubs kicked out of European competition, including Basel (which would've probably let Utd back in).

Also, it is still possible that Sion will appeal the 36-point deduction, so hardcoding it into the update may be a bit premature.

Reserves

Looking forward to a good challenge then? Don't forget to make yourself an ex-Sunday League player as manager!

Third Team

I'm managing in the Swiss League now with Basel and if you were to start with -36 points with Sion, you're more or less relegated

If you were to manage 72points, which would put you in the Top 3 generally from what i've seen, you'd only be on +36points and that is close to relegation territory in the Swiss League. Most teams i've seen go down have been on 30-36 points.

So you'd have to massively overachieve with Sion

I would imagine that if the punishment has been accepted by then that the points deduction would be included, but it's a case of wait and see.

Off the top of my head they'd take Luton's FM record for greatest points penalty.

+ Reply to Thread