Steam Servers Unavailable?

Hi Guys

Im Sorry if this has been covered here before but im on the verge of explosion....

the other day i loaded up steam to notice my Football manager 2012 game was due an update...however it did not move past "download starting status" so today after reading online how to fix this....i "deleted local content" which uninstalled the game...okay cool.

i then thought i was ahead of it and thought it would be all good now so i clicked install game...NOPE...unbelievable...i have the same error...only now its when i install it...

FML! RAGE!!!

does anyone know a fix to this at all?!

please help!

BTW, Im Running Mac...

Thanks Heaps.

I think the advice meant verify integrigty of game cache not delete local content! Its was either that or delete a certain file which names evades me at the momentm I have always felt "delete local content" is a confusing wording, even though its technically correct.

Got the exact same problem. Steam Suppor Service is useless. After giving me plenty of not working solution (delete files, cache and so on) they didn't found anything better that to tell me to contact the developer support service, because it is a game problem, not steam's.

It's a shame. I bought a game and I'm not able to play it during the holiday, and maybe never more.

I want my money back, and, even if I'm a FM supporter from ten years, I will not buy a FM game as soon as it'll be out with the steam service!

im seriously contemplating starting up a new Steam account and getting it again i miss playing it that much.

this is doing my head in honestly.

i cannot find a steam folder anywhere on my Mac....either im computer illiterate or there isnt one... haha.

Make sure you are going to application support via your user account

eg. Mac HD / Users / YOURACCOUNTNAME / Library / Application Support

Steam should be there?

I read it all, but nothing changed.

I completely uninstalled the game. Now it appears that the game is ready to be played without the update but when I click on play button it appears the same message "Steam servers are too busy, please try again in a few minutes"

the solution is quite simple to me. There MUST be a way to update the game without getting through Steam. I want to play the game offline and I cannot depend on the Steam server.

The fact that over 30 million people don't appear to have your problems seems to suggest the status quo won't change any time soon.

You need your Steam problems resolved and I'm sure that can be achieved.

Are you seriously telling me that I'm the only one experiencing problem with Steam? Come on, don't be hilariuos.

I do not have any problem, the problem is of Steam. The message that appears says "Steam Server is too busy at the moment".

Of course I need my problem with Steam to be resolved, but how? Are you able to give me a solution? I'm not a friend, I'm a customer, I paid money to have a game that is supposed to work. I've not subscrbed at this forum to make friends. And you, or someone for you, are supposed to provide a solution. This is not happening, all I get is some retorical answer like the one above.

Give my money back or solve this problem.

No I didn't suggest you were the only one, merely that you're in a minority group:)

I can't tell exactly what you've tried so far but suggest try these steps next https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5483-YUFN-0521.

Also if you Google "Steam Server is too busy " you'll find quite a few discussions which may help.

Hi guys,

I've the exact same problem with my Steam on my Mac (OS X 10.7 Lion).

I have just deleted all the content in Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam.

Now Steam are downloading FM12 again...

I hope this work.

(Sorry for my bad english)

EDIT: It worked! I re-downloaded FM12 and now it's running again. Hurray!

Thanks to kwerthan I solved too!

And not for the wake advice of the Steam Support Service, not for the so called Technical support of this forum (Aim_Less, did you notice that we were talking about mac?) or the irritating moderator (i didn't wrote to quit on Steam, I just think there must be another way to update the game).

Anyway here is:

If you have the same problem all you have to do is:

- quit Steam

- go to the folder:

User/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Steam

and delete every single file and folder inside (the magical support wrote to save the Steam Apps folder, wrong!)

- once deleted all, restart your mac and the Steam application. It should begin the download of the update and everything will be fine.

Now I hope that Sega e SI understand that there must be a way to be indipendent from the Steam System.

Best

Archived