+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dream Team / Odd Behaviour

Amateur

Default Dream Team / Odd Behaviour

Tried a little experiment and have created a "dream team" at Bury in league 1 - team of Tevez, neymar, schweinstiger, lloris etc (yes I cheated to get the money) my point is they play like they are league 1 players and not bull dozing their way. The team s vastly superior yet odd results, iPad scoring with only shot etc.

Anyone else have funnies that don't quite add up?

Semi Pro

There is a viable reason for this - teamwork. You bought say 20 players and sold 30, they haven't gelled, then you have to think about nationalities and adapting to the league.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

Amateur

Fair point but a semi world 11 playing together for a year should be able to beat plymouth etc!

Just curious if others had experienced other oddities.

Thanks

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Are you going on holiday? Also, which version of the game are you playing?

Amateur

Not going on holiday. Playing FM12, latest version as it was downloaded on 23/12/11.

Cheers.

In that case the only thing that I can imagine is that your team is taking time to gel and you may be playing unsuitable tactics. Also bear in mind your world class flair players may not be having such a good time on rubbish League 1 pitches getting lumps kicked out of them by League 1 defenders.

One other thing we need to look at is making it more difficult for people to cheat in this way, if you create an unrealistic scenario, how can you expect the game to behave realistically? Presumably you used the multiple sugar daddy trick?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    In that case the only thing that I can imagine is that your team is taking time to gel and you may be playing unsuitable tactics. Also bear in mind your world class flair players may not be having such a good time on rubbish League 1 pitches getting lumps kicked out of them by League 1 defenders.

One other thing we need to look at is making it more difficult for people to cheat in this way, if you create an unrealistic scenario, how can you expect the game to behave realistically? Presumably you used the multiple sugar daddy trick?
    I highly doubt this is programmed into the game...

Amateur

Cheers again.

Alaric, used a track that enables you to sell any player for £150m. Did that a couple of times, wage budget massive and virtually anyone signs for £100k+ per week.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rafafloripa View Post
    I highly doubt this is programmed into the game...
    Some things will factor against them totally nuking a division -

* All but the most professional players would be totally over-confident if playing several divisions below their 'real' level.
    * Opposition players will definitely be 'up' for the match wanting to get one over them all the time (think of Cup matches irl)
    * Lower divisions ARE more physical than upper divisions, fouls aren't given for some things at that level that would be in the upper reaches ... this tends to work against lightweight 'flair' players somewhat

That being said I'd expect any such situation to allow a team to romp the division practically unbeaten and with an obscene goal-difference (which I've seen a few people post in the past).

Quote Originally Posted by davirob View Post
    Cheers again.

Alaric, used a track that enables you to sell any player for £150m. Did that a couple of times, wage budget massive and virtually anyone signs for £100k+ per week.
    The trick is supposed to be mainly fixed in iFMH 2012, if you can post steps to reproduce it that would be great.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Some things will factor against them totally nuking a division -

* All but the most professional players would be totally over-confident if playing several divisions below their 'real' level.
    * Opposition players will definitely be 'up' for the match wanting to get one over them all the time (think of Cup matches irl)
    * Lower divisions ARE more physical than upper divisions, fouls aren't given for some things at that level that would be in the upper reaches ... this tends to work against lightweight 'flair' players somewhat

That being said I'd expect any such situation to allow a team to romp the division practically unbeaten and with an obscene goal-difference (which I've seen a few people post in the past).
    Very interesting. Can I expand on it by asking some questions?

1. About players being over-confident: This overconfidence is based on their reputation versus the opponent reputation, right? And how is this overconfidence translated in the game? I mean, a great player wouldn't have worse skills just because he is overconfident.
    2. That's a nice thing, to have the opposition more motivated to play against big guns. But wouldn't it be based on the clubs reputation rather than on the players?
    3. So do referees have a different standard in different leagues?

+ Reply to Thread