Can somebody explain to me what I am doing wrong?

So recently I've been playing Football Manager 2012 with one annoying problem and that is, every time I say pretty much ANYTHING during a team talk, many of my players "Look to switch off". Be it whether I say it passionately, calmly, assertively, cautiously, reluctantly or aggressively. I don't know if it's just me but it's really truly felt like I've said everything the game offers me to say..every game since the FIRST friendly match all the way up to Nov 27th (in game).

If i'm doing something wrong can somebody explain how I'd be able to improve my management

No, you're not doing nothing wrong.

Since the last patch (12.1.1) is much harder to motivate your players, when the manager as a low reputation.

This is probably your case. It's like (and this is a extreme case) an unknowed manager trying to motivate a player like Messi... of course Messi would be "swich off" thinking... why the hell should i listen to this dude! :)

In time, if you have sucess, your players will start listen to you, getting motivated with your words! It just take time!

For me sometimes those assistant managers are just plain *******... I had a 5-0 win over my reserves which is not surprising really so after the game my assistant manager tells me i shouldn't say anything... i'm new to the game so i'm not really good at team talks yet so i really wasn't sure what to say so i told him to take over team talks and he said "i have nothing specific to mention right now" and every player except two got angry... so yeah i learned a valuable lesson always do everything yourself and don't trust the assistants...

"Looked to switch off" was quite common when your players reputation exceeded or matched your own or Assistant Managers.

Think someone like David Moyes telling Lionel Messi to "Give the fans their monies worth"

When i managed Barcelona, even with a World-Class reputation, the likes of Iniesta, Villa, Messi and Xavi would sometimes "switch off" during team talks.

Archived