[FM12][RELEASED] Belgian 8-Level Tree by dustShadow
Belgian 8-Level Tree Current Status: v1.00 Released (26-12-2011).Download here
(warning: 33Mb file)
This modification will give you access to the complete Belgian league pyramid and it features all teams currently playing in the official leagues of the KBVB/URBSFA (the Belgian Football association). Belgian football has been in a dark gap but is on the way back lately. The national team only narrowly missed qualification for EC2012 and Belgian teams have gained better results in the Europa League. The historical top teams are Anderlecht, Club Brugge and Standard. New contenders are Racing Genk (reigning champions) and AA Gent. This package replaces my abandoned 'makeshift'-project.
THE LEAGUE STRUCTURE
- The Belgian league is a straight pyramid with the 16-teams in the Pro League at the top. It features 8 levels, divided in two groups of four levels.
- On top are the four national leagues: Pro League, Second Division, Third Division (2 groups), Fourth Division (4 groups).
- The other four levels are organised by the nine provincial entities of the FA. Each province has four levels with a Provincial First Division on top
and a varying number of Provincial Fourth Divisions at the bottom.
- Champions always promoted to the next level, other promotion places are decided by play-offs.
- The Pro League has a very complicated structure featuring three play-offs. The top group decides the championship
- One main file containing the complete pyramid. Using this file down to the eight level will seriously bog your system down.
- Two files per region: one for Flanders, one for Wallonia. Brabant is included in both regions
- Nine files, one for each province. I suggest using one of these if you wish to build a career at a single club, as they will provide much better performance and the play-off structure is slightly more correct than in the full file or the region files
- Graphics package containing logo's for most clubs and provincial badges for the competitions
- All 127(!) leagues in the pyramid are included. Note that four leagues are not playable since they contain only B-teams.
- 100% correct Pro League, Tweede Klasse and Derde Klasse
- A complete Cofidis Cup starting in the First Round
- The nine Provincial pre-season cups
- Teams have correct kits (mostly) and correct stadium names. They are also assigned to the correct hometown, as all cities have been added
- There is special attention to keeping teams in the correct regional league, using both the Regional Leagues tab and league boundaries; but IRL these leagues are also very flexible
- Reserve leagues for all four levels in the national leagues
- Added media sources
LIMITATIONS AND ISSUES
- Period Championships are not included in the provincial leagues. In real life, play-off candidates are determined by the teams that perform best in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd thirds of the season.
- At provincial levels, play-offs are per division instead of the real provincial play-offs. There is also no Inter-Provincial play-off between Fourth National and First Provincial Leagues.
- Provincial cups have a different format than in real-life. The real life format is something very strange with a ranking system instead of a normal group phase.
- There is no qualification from the Provincial Cups for the Cofidis Cup IRL, all teams that qualify for the first knock-out round qualify for next year's Cofidis Cup.
- Transfer windows are not 100% correct.
NOTES AND WARNINGS
- Place one of the DBC files in the map 'Editor Data' and place 'Belgian8LevelTree'-map in the map 'Graphics'
- The graphics will only work correctly when 8-Level Tree is the first dbc file to be loaded, hence the 000-name
- Use this update with the checkboxes "Add Key Staff" and "Add Players to Playable Teams" activated when starting a game.
- I don't guarantee this file will work with all other league modifications.
- A lot of work in the database was done by stvvrules from the FMbel forums (visit them at www.fmbel.be)
- v1.00 (26-12-2012) Initial release of the full tree
@BassT4ken: It's a really, really big file. In your case it might be better to use the Wallonia or Luxembourg files in-game to speed things up.
But as the underlying database is the same, all version will load slowly in the editor. Any feedback appreciated.
I ran a "on-holiday" test for some years and there weren't any errors. I expected that since all files have been tested before upload.
Could you upload your savefile somewhere? I'd like to take a look at it.
There are two things that will be fixed in a next version:
- the 3rd division main stage ends to late, delaying all the play-offs
- I have to make the reserve competition matches available for trialists
I started loading belgian leagues with 6th as bottom level, choosing Bourcy in 2nd Prov. Lux and at the end of season program worked perfectly.
I achieved promotion to 1st LUX, many thanks about this great job, Belgian extension is a great achievement. BTW, although I'm italian, I feel good vibrations
looking to Standard de Liège.......:-))
There is a possible issue with the play-off between the 3rd and 4th National divisions that will crash the game. In those case the game will use Pro League teams for the play-off instead of the teams that qualified from the 4th Division, but:
- this bug occurs at random: one save will crash, a different save with the same team in the same situation will not crash
- this play-off belongs to the Default Rules from FM2012, so I can't modify it without destroying the entire 3rd Division
The best advice I can give is when you start a new game, that you let it run for a full season 'on holiday' first so you can check whether there will be a crash at the end of the season.
Then use your original save at the beginning of the season and start playing.
Great database! But unfortunately it's so massive that it sucks the marrow out of my 2008 macbook. Since I won't be playing below 4. klasse, I've tried slimming it down. I've removed all provincial cups but I can't seem to remove some of the provincial leagues, that apparently are inserted without be played. Ex: 1e (Name). When I delete them, the game won't load saying they need to have 5 teams in them (I see you've added fake ones).
Is there a way to slim it down? Or could you perhaps release a version that only goes to 4-5 level?
think i have the same bug as motorsportmatt: could not process rule group settings in: [...]/editor data/000 belgian 8-level tree - dustshadow - FM12v1 PROV LUX.dbc
Belgian Cup - Te Veel ploegen (14) opgevraagd van 1e provinciale (Antwerpen) (1 ploegen)
Yeah, it might be for the 12.1 database. From what I understand from the error message, the file needs to pick 14 teams from the 1e Provinciale Antwerpen division, but there is only 1 team assigned to it in the database. You can try loading the db in the editor and assigning the missing 13 teams to that division - e.g. they might be set to a generic "lower division" or something like that.