How on earth they FA turns down Sergio Aguero work permit!!

I'm soo angry. after my bid, FINALLY, has been successfully approved by atletico and the player itself wanted to pledge his loyalty to my club.. The FA ****-block the move.

Sergio Aguero is a wonderkid, plays for Argentinian first team, is playing in Spain for 2-3 years and has been Atletico important player for the whole season. Why cant he get a work permit? Even a non-capped 18 years old nobody from Brazilian can get one.

Is there anyway to cheat the system? using any software of anykind. I tried FM Modifier, but dont know how to approve Aguero's work permit.

I'm soo angry. after my bid, FINALLY, has been successfully approved by atletico and the player itself wanted to pledge his loyalty to my club.. The FA ****-block the move.

Sergio Aguero is a wonderkid, plays for Argentinian first team, is playing in Spain for 2-3 years and has been Atletico important player for the whole season. Why cant he get a work permit? Even a non-capped 18 years old nobody from Brazilian can get one.

Is there anyway to cheat the system? using any software of anykind. I tried FM Modifier, but dont know how to approve Aguero's work permit.

he doesnt have it as second nationality on fm08, i just signed him, and had to appeal for the w/p at the end of 07/08 season...he might, however, be considering citizenship, not on the game right now so i cant check...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FA turns down Sergio Aguero work permit!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All my games I go after Sergio Aguero from the start and the FA ALWAYS turns down my request for a WP!!! But everytime I appeal against their decision. And guess what? They ALWAYS grand him a conditional WP. The Fa may be having some skizo problem there icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Osmann:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FA turns down Sergio Aguero work permit!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All my games I go after Sergio Aguero from the start and the FA ALWAYS turns down my request for a WP!!! But everytime I appeal against their decision. And guess what? They ALWAYS grand him a conditional WP. The Fa may be having some skizo problem there icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that's exactly how it should work. The automatic work permits are only granted for players who have played in 75% of their countries senior A internationals over the last 2 years (plus there country must be ranked in the top 70 of the FIFA rankings). Aguero obviously doesn't meet this requirement so he fails for an automatic work permit. So he appeals and then other criteria come into play - and because he is young and very talented, he gets one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its the games way of balancing, stopping you signing the best players. Same reason wonderkids have no interest joining the best teams for 100k a week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you work that out?! icon_confused.gif

I can't work out this WP thing at all.

I'm manager of Leeds and Brazil. I have signed LOADS of my Brazil U21 players for Leeds who have never had a cap and the WP has been accepted on appeal every time...

Then I get WP declined for good international players?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So he appeals and then other criteria come into play - and because he is young and very talented, he gets one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats the main reason, also the reason behind why man u could sign Anderson last summer, and why they have agreed deals for two promising youngsters.

• SI Staff

Michael Osmann - actually not.

As bigdunk says, the way it tends to work is that the initial work permit request is looked at using very clear rules - one of these is that the player must have played in 3/4 of the International fixtures over the last 2 seasons, which Aguero has not done.

The appeal tends to include people from inside the football world, who will decide if there are special circumstances, and also take into account things like the players offered wages compared to the rest of the squad, likely position in the squad (key player, back up etc).

I find that if it's a reasonably high profile player, at the very least make sure they are offered "First Team" or "Key Player" in the contract.

I noticed offering less meant players I normally sign have work permits refused.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

heathxxx - It's top 90, isn't it? Rather than top 50? Whatever the rule is, yes, it is in there. It is, of course, possible to win an appeal despite it, in the same way as it is with the international caps one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thoght it was top 70.

Thanks Blue Lou for confirming that one icon14.gif

And thanks Miles for confirming it's in the game icon14.gif

It's the attention to detail like this that make FM by far and above the most enjoyable football game for me.

Now if only I had A military grade super-computer with which to have EVERY league running, just to keep my stat hungry mind going icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now if only I had A military grade super-computer with which to have EVERY league running, just to keep my stat hungry mind going icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I run 75 leagues from 30 countries on an old IBM T41 laptop and it runs OK - have 2gb RAM which is the key thing.

• 10 years later...
  • FrazT locked this topic

Archived