Schalke: second season is a bitch!

Hi,

New to the forum, and I registered here to get some pieces of advice.

I love FM, however, I'm not very good at it.

I Play with Schalke (German League) and am able to live up the expectations of the board for the first season (Euro Cup Qual through final League position).

In season 2, however, NOTHING works:

I use the same tactic as in season one and I even signed Adler (GK) from Leverkusen and De Jong (striker) from Twente a french LB with potential of 3,5 stars and Guiliherme (Brazil GK).

So, my team should be stronger than season one. In addition Players like Holtby, Jurado and Jones now play an additional position naturally, hence, everything should be good.

Thing is: the game is MUCH harder: the team misses passes and "walk" to the ball causing them to be swept aside by the opponents aggressive strikers and other players.

I have three tactics trained up to full of which the one below is my fave formation:

4-2-4 (Attacking wingers) (2 CMs) 2 (STs)

Controlling strategy

Huntelaar, De Jong (Raul)

Holtby (Draxler), Farfarn (Draxler)

Jones (Annan), Jurado

Fuchs (Escudero), Höwedes (Metzelder), Papodopulos (Matip), Utchida (Hoogland)

Adler (Hildebrand)

What am I doing wrong? They don't score on 100 per cent chances (contrary to first season) passes are all over the place (contrary to first season) defence is like a wide open barn (contrary to first season where I had the third best defence in the league and Fuchs, Höwedes and Papo made Team of the year).

Their finishing have no power in them (GK picks up)

Drives my nuts was placed 11 in league and qualified for first euro cup KO when sacked!

Please help me! I want to play with Schalke since they are my favourite team.

The game is 12.1 by the way and the new patch is horrible!

Thanks!

Thousand same posts we can see on this forum........

Reason is simple : Bad player management, bad training who lead to have tired players, and/or morale destroyed, perhaps bad squad status. Another issue is that you use same tactic than first season but you tell us that you sign new players in your team so don't you understand that you can not use the same tactic as the players are not the same.

And don't forget, that AI also have signed new players and can change its tactic too. So a new season has started but you, you continue to play like the old one.

The thing is: the players I signed play same positions and as the ones I used season 1, so why would I have to change tactics? And how can i see what I should change?

if you can post a screen shot of your tactic, it might help a bit to see if there is something wrong in your tactic, or it's something else.

and please provide all details about passing style, tempo, defencive line ..etc

The thing is: the players I signed play same positions and as the ones I used season 1, so why would I have to change tactics? And how can i see what I should change?

Because they don't necessarily fit on same roles and tactics than your old players. Playing on same position doesn't really help if their attributes are wrong. For example, if you use Ball Winning Midfielder in your tactics but your brand new player is more like playmaker then you can't sit him on that (BWM) role. You need to adapt your tactic for your new and old players. I suggest that you pay a visit to the tactics phase of this forum.

Archived