Will I get this new stadium or not?

Okay, so I'm managing Selfoss in Iceland. In the first season I gained promotion to the top division and when I wanted to ask the board to expand the stadium, the option was greyed out and it said that there are plans for a new one. I've been waiting for an entire season. We did well and finished second in the league, so we will play in Europa League qualifications. When the season finished, I got the message saying that the council didn't let us build this new stadium. I was sad, but continued playing like if nothing had happened. A few months later, just before the new season started, the option is greyed out again and again the board is going to build a new stadium. So, what's going on there?

What is going on is that your board has new plans for a new stadium, which they hope the local council will be happier with than the first one.

These things can drag on for years - welcome to a simulation of real life football. As a manager (or as a board) of a football club, you don't allways get what you want - at least not as fast as you want it. :)

Just as a slight insight mate, I recall Southampton waiting something like 10 years and looking at around 2 or 3 area's before finally being able to build St Mary's Stadium which funnily enough is in the St Mary's area of Southampton lol Was a nightmare as we really needed to get a new stadium with a bigger capacity and it seemed that every corner we looked around the council put a massive no on it!

Archived