+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

Youth Team

Fantastic season SRL88 Are you going to stay on or leave on a high?

Youth Team

Great season with the league and the CL. Shame about the heavy defeat in the Spanish cup but thats hardly a priority!

Third Team

Congrats on the double

A top season that

You staying on at the club or are you seeking a new challenge?

Amateur

Fantastic season. Winning the league has been a tough ask, Barcelona just don't drop games meaning you have to get everything right yourself. Add the Champions League to that, against your old club, and that's a phenomenal season really. A shame about the cup, but the two priorities were acheived. Another great effort in a top career.

Youth Team

What a great season! Shame you couldn't add the Copa del Rey to the haul, but there's always next year for that.

Some fantastic comebacks in the Champions League too

Reserves

Great year, looks like the CL final was wrapped up reasonably early.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Quote Originally Posted by DBurns View Post
    Unlucky against Barca but well done beating Liverpool!

Whats the plan now - stay in Spain and overtake Barca as te most dominant club or move on since you've won domestically and in Europe?
    Cheers fella. I am chuffed to bits to win the European Cup again.

I definitely wont be around long enough to overtake Barca in terms of titles won.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Great season! It would have been fun the play Liverpool in the final, especially after managing them for as long as you did Shame about the cup loss to Barcelona, but great work in the league!
    Cheers Scarman. Losing to Barca was just a minor blip and one Im not to fussed about.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post
    Wowsa! What a turbulent and fantastic end to the season. Honestly cannot quite fathom how you overturned Man City to come back and then beat Liverpool in the final. And what a league run in the end! Real shame about the Copa del Rey final, but I am guessing you don't mind having won both La Liga and CL! Congratulations!
    Yeah I really dont mind about missing out on the Copa Del Rey, especially when I set out to win the league at the start of the season. The Champions League is just an extra bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Awesome season dude.

Have got to wonder what is actually going to keep you at the club now? Chase a third European Cup in a row? Become World Club Champions?
    Im not sure what I want to be fair. I was pretty annoyed to have missed out on the World Club Championship's so I would like another shot at that, but as you say, I havent got muh else to do at the club. I think 1 more season and that might be it for me in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Fantastic season SRL88 Are you going to stay on or leave on a high?
    Cheers fella. As mentioned above, I think I will give it 1 more season at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Great season with the league and the CL. Shame about the heavy defeat in the Spanish cup but thats hardly a priority!
    Cheers Jack. Really not bothered about the Copa Del Rey to be honest ha.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Congrats on the double
    Cheers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    A top season that

You staying on at the club or are you seeking a new challenge?
    Cheers Cleon. As mentioned, 1 more season in Spain for me I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by BadManager View Post
    Fantastic season. Winning the league has been a tough ask, Barcelona just don't drop games meaning you have to get everything right yourself. Add the Champions League to that, against your old club, and that's a phenomenal season really. A shame about the cup, but the two priorities were acheived. Another great effort in a top career.
    Yeah Barca were pretty much relentless in chasing me down but luckily they slipped away towards the end of the season. Im guessing the pressure got to them ha.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    What a great season! Shame you couldn't add the Copa del Rey to the haul, but there's always next year for that.

Some fantastic comebacks in the Champions League too
    Cheers AK!!! I couldnt believe the comebacks myself in Europe. The one against Man City will live with me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Great year, looks like the CL final was wrapped up reasonably early.
    I wish it was more comfortable, but hey, as long as we lifted the trophy I wasnt to bothered.

My bloody girlfriend shut down my laptop today when I hadnt saved my game so I had to replay the match .

Luckily, different scoreline, but same outcome.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    My bloody girlfriend shut down my laptop today when I hadnt saved my game so I had to replay the match .

Luckily, different scoreline, but same outcome.
    Hahahahahaha dear oh dear!

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2031/32 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA - Results 1 - Results 2 (1st - CHAMPIONS)

An absolutely fantastic season for us as I claimed my first La Liga title in just my second season. We were unreal all season to first of all stay ahead of Barcelona, but also in the fact that our form throughout the campaign was frightening. We dropped points in just four games all season, and all away from home to tough opponents as well. As we got down to the nitty gritty, Barca felt the pressure first as they started to drop points in games they probably shouldnt have. Not only were we brilliant going forward, we were so solid at the back that hardly anyone scored against us all season.

Copa Del Rey (Runners-Up)

Such a shame that for the second season in a row we have finished as runner-up in the Copa Del Rey. We got through the first two rounds comfortably before two tough rounds against Grenada and Osasuna. In the Final we matched Barca but two goals just before half time sank us really. They added another in the second half to give them a 4-1 win.

Champions League (Winners)

A second triumph in a row in Europe in what was a truely unbelievably European campaign. We got through our group with a 100% record. It was in the Knockout Phase when things took a massive swing. In both our Quater and Semi-Final's we were shocking away from home and were well and truely beaten. It was when we got them back to the Vincent Calderon that things took a massive turn. We were unstoppable on both nights and destroyed Fiorentina and Man City. In the Semi-Final against Porto we got the job done in both legs to book our place in another Final. We were better than Liverpool in the Final and fully deserved our 2-1 win.

European Super Cup (Runners-Up)

A poor showing against Sampdoria and we deserved to get beat.

World Club Championship (Third Place)

We werent helped by a sending off in the Semi-Final ut we did well to take the tie to Extra-Time. In the extra period however we tired and that was the reason we lost the game. In the Third Place Play-Off we deserved to win.

Transfers - Finances

A lot of transfer activity this season. I knew after last season that we needed to make changes if we needed to take that next step and thats exactly what we did. A lot of quality played for the club this season and thats thanks to the players I signed.
    The finances look very healthy. We had to rely on the prize money at the end of the season a bit but we werent losing a lot of money each month really.

Squad

This is an excellent squad. The problem is however is that there are a few older players on very high wages and they need replacing to be honest.

My Top 3 Players

Santos - The big arrival in the Summer and what a signing he was. Our main outlet in attack and our top scorer. What a player this guy is.
    Gaston De Bortoli - The clubs captain and despite his ageing years he was fantastic. So good infact that he kept one of our better players out the squad. Despite being 33, I decided to give him another years contract and he was happy to take a £30k wage cut to do so.
    Alfio Pellegrino - His second season at the club and he finally adapted to life in Spain. He struggled somewhat last season but he now played like the player I wanted. Confident and calm on the ball.

Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  Team            | League                  |  Country | League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2011/12 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 5th             |  Play-Off Quater Finalists                        |
    | 2012/13 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 3rd             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists                          |
    | 2013/14 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 4th             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists, FA Trophy Runners-Up,   |
                                                                                           Appointed in October                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 2nd             |  Promoted via Play-Offs, FA Trophy Runners-Up     |
    | 2015/16 |  Darlington      | League Two              |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2016/17 |  Darlington      | League One              |  England | 5th             |  Promoted via Play-Offs                           |
    | 2017/18 |  Blackpool       | Championship            |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted via Play-Off's                          |
    | 2018/19 |  Blackpool       | Premier League          |  England | -               |  Resigned in November                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 10th            |  Appointed in November, FA Cup Winners            |
    | 2019/20 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 4th             |  FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up,           |
                                                                                           Champions League Qualification                   |
    | 2020/21 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League & FA Cup Winners                  |
                                                                                           League Cup & Europa League Runners-Up            |
    | 2021/22 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 2nd             |  Premier League & FA Cup Runners-Up               |
                                                                                           League Cup & Champions League Semi-Final         |
    | 2022/23 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League Winners                           |
    | 2023/24 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League, FA, Carling Cup                  |
                                                                                           Community Shield & Champions League Winners      |
    | 2024/25 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League, League Cup, Community Shield     |
                                                                                           & Uefa Super Cup Winners                         |
    | 2025/26 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 2nd             |  FA Cup & Community Shield Winners                |
    | 2026/27 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League, Champions League &               |
                                                                                           Community Shield Winners, FA Cup Runners-Up      |
    | 2027/28 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League, Community Shield &               |
                                                                                           World Club Championship Winners                  |
    | 2028/29 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League & League Cup Winners              |
    | 2029/30 |  Galatasaray     | Super Lig               |  Turkey  | 1st             |  Super Lig Winners                                |
    | 2030/31 |  At.Madrid       | Liga BBVA               |  Spain   | 2nd             |  Liga BBVA & Copa Del Rey Runners-Up,             | 
                                                                                           Champions League & Spanish Super Cup Winners     |
    | 2031/32 |  At.Madrid       | Liga BBVA               |  Spain   | 1st             |  Liga BBVA & Champions League Winners,            |
                                                                                           Copa Rel Rey & European Super Cup Runners-Up     |
    Next Season?

Well I have achieved pretty much everything there is to in Spain. The only trophy I havent won is the Copa Del Rey which doesnt bother me to much. I would like to win the World Club Championship with Atletico but if the right job offer comes along I will seriously consider it.
    Last edited by SRL88; 04-07-2012 at 15:51.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Kirklareli Spor

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League                  |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2013/14 |  Second Division Group A |  11th            |  -                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Second Division Group A |  9th             |  -                             |
    | 2015/16 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2016/17 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2017/18 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  Second Division Group A |  3rd             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2020/21 |  Second Division Group A |  7th             |  -                             |
    | 2021/22 |  Second Division Group A |  10th            |  -                             |
    | 2022/23 |  Second Division Group A |  4th             |  Promoted via Play-Off's       |
    | 2023/24 |  First Division          |  13th            |  -                             |
    | 2024/25 |  First Division          |  13th            |  -                             |
    | 2025/26 |  First Division          |  2nd             |  Promoted                      |
    | 2026/27 |  Super Lig               |  16th            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2027/28 |  First Division          |  1st             |  Champions                     |
    | 2028/29 |  Super Lig               |  13th            |  Survival                      |
    | 2029/30 |  Super Lig               |  13th            |  -                             |
    | 2030/31 |  Super Lig               |  12th            |  -                             |
    | 2031/32 |  Super Lig               |  7th             |  Turkish Cup Winners           |
    A fantastic season for the Turks which saw them qualify for their first ever European campaign via the Turkish Cup..

Darlington FC

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2017/18 |  Championship      |  24th            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2018/19 |  League One        |  20th            |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  League One        |  8th             |  -                             |
    | 2020/21 |  League One        |  3rd             |  Play-Off Winners, Promoted    |
    | 2021/22 |  Championship      |  22nd            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2022/23 |  League One        |  17th            |  -                             |
    | 2023/24 |  League One        |  14th            |  -                             |
    | 2024/25 |  League One        |  5th             |  Play-Off Semi-Final           |
    | 2025/26 |  League One        |  2nd             |  Promoted                      |
    | 2026/27 |  Championship      |  22nd            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2027/28 |  League One        |  5th             |  Promoted via Play-offs        |
    | 2028/29 |  Championship      |  23rd            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2029/30 |  League One        |  18th            |  -                             |
    | 2030/31 |  League One        |  18th            |  -                             |
    | 2031/32 |  League One        |  14th            |  -                             |
    A slight improvement from last season.

Blackpool FC

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2018/19 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Resigned in November, Relegated, Carling Cup SF  |
    | 2019/20 |  Championship      |  13th            |  -                                                |
    | 2020/21 |  Championship      |  2nd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  19th            |  Relegated                                        |
    | 2022/23 |  Championship      |  1st             |  Champions                                        |
    | 2023/24 |  Premier League    |  12th            |  -                                                |
    | 2024/25 |  Premier League    |  16th            |  -                                                |
    | 2025/26 |  Premier League    |  14th            |  -                                                |
    | 2026/27 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Relegated                                        |
    | 2027/28 |  Championship      |  1st             |  Champions                                        |
    | 2028/29 |  Premier League    |  11th            |  -                                                |
    | 2029/30 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Relegated                                        |
    | 2030/31 |  Championship      |  7th             |  -                                                |
    | 2031/32 |  Championship      |  4th             |  Play-Off Finalists                               |
    They just missed out on promotion at the final hurdle.

Aston Villa

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                       |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2020/21 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  Carling Cup SF              |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  7th             |  -                           |
    | 2022/23 |  Premier League    |  11th            |  -                           |
    | 2023/24 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  -                           |
    | 2024/25 |  Premier League    |  13th            |  -                           |
    | 2025/26 |  Premier League    |  7th             |  -                           |
    | 2026/27 |  Premier League    |  15th            |  -                           |
    | 2027/28 |  Premier League    |  12th            |  -                           |
    | 2028/29 |  Premier League    |  16th            |  -                           |
    | 2029/30 |  Premier League    |  19th            |  Relegated                   |
    | 2030/31 |  Championship      |  2nd             |  Promoted                    |
    | 2031/32 |  Premier League    |  19th            |  Relegated                   |
    Another poor season for Aston Villa.

Liverpool

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                                                 |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2029/30 |  Premier League    |  2nd             |  -                                                     |
    | 2030/31 |  Premier League    |  2nd             |  -                                                     |
    | 2031/32 |  Premier League    |  1st             |  Premier League Winners & Champions League Runners-Up  |
    Back to where they belong .

Galatasaray

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                          |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2030/31 |  Super Lig         |  4th             |  -                              |
    | 2031/32 |  Super Lig         |  1st             |  Super Lig Winners              |
    Back on top of Turkey. A brilliant season.
    Last edited by SRL88; 02-07-2012 at 23:50.

A Look Around The World

Club - Domestic

English Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2012/13 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Liverpool
    2013/14 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man Utd
    2014/15 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2015/16 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2016/17 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2017/18 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Liverpool 3rd Chelsea
    2018/19 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2019/20 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Sunderland
    2020/21 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Arsenal
    2021/22 - 1st Man City 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2022/23 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Chelsea
    2023/24 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Man City
    2024/25 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2025/26 - 1st Man City 2nd Liverpool 3rd Man Utd
    2026/27 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Man Utd
    2027/28 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Man Utd
    2028/29 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Man Utd
    2029/30 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Man City
    2030/31 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2031/32 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Chelsea

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Everton
    2012/13 - Winners West Ham Runners-Up Liverpool
    2013/14 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Norwich
    2014/15 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Birmingham
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Barnsley
    2016/17 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Chelsea
    2017/18 - Winners Everton Runners-Up Arsenal
    2018/19 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Leicester
    2019/20 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Stoke
    2021/22 - Winners Newcastle Runners-Up Liverpool
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Tottenham
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Blackburn
    2024/25 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Arsenal
    2025/26 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Newcastle
    2026/27 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Liverpool
    2027/28 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Newcastle
    2028/29 - Winners Reading Runners-Up Man Utd
    2029/30 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Newcastle
    2030/31 - Winners Newport County Runners-Up Brighton
    2031/32 - Winners Bolton Runners-Up Man Utd

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Fulham Runners-Up Reading
    2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up West Brom
    2013/14 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Chelsea
    2014/15 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2016/17 - Winners West Brom Runners-Up Man City
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Man City
    2018/19 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Norwich
    2019/20 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2020/21 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Wolves
    2022/23 - Winners Stoke Runners-Up Swansea
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Cardiff
    2024/25 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Swansea
    2025/26 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Man Utd
    2026/27 - Winners Stoke Runners-Up Newcastle
    2027/28 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Newcastle
    2028/29 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up West Ham
    2029/30 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Man Utd
    2030/31 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2031/32 - Winners Nottingham Forest Runners-Up Brighton

La Liga

2011/12 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athletic Club
    2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Villarreal
    2013/14 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Athletic Club 3rd Barcelona
    2014/15 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia
    2015/16 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At. Madrid
    2016/17 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid
    2017/18 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd At.Madrid
    2018/19 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Malaga
    2019/20 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At.Madrid
    2020/21 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2021/22 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2022/23 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Betis 3rd Real Madrid
    2023/24 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Getafe
    2024/25 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Betis
    2025/26 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2026/27 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2027/28 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2028/29 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd At.Madrid
    2029/30 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At.Madrid
    2030/31 - 1st Barcelona 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Real Madrid
    2031/32 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid

Bundesliga

2011/12 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Werder Bremen 3rd Schalke
    2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2013/14 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Dortmund 3rd Bayern Munich
    2014/15 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2015/16 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2016/17 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2017/18 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Leverkusen 3rd Dortmund
    2018/19 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Dortmund
    2019/20 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Hoffenheim
    2020/21 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hannover 3rd Leverkusen
    2021/22 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Freiburg 3rd Leverkusen
    2022/23 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Freiburg
    2023/24 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hoffenheim 3rd Leverkusen
    2024/25 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Stuttgart
    2025/26 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Stuttgart 3rd Frankfurt
    2026/27 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Frankfurt
    2027/28 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Mainz 3rd Bochum
    2028/29 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Leverkusen
    2029/30 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Wolfsburg 3rd Leverkusen
    2030/31 - 1st Frankfurt 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Leverkusen
    2031/32 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Stuttgart

Serie A

2011/12 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Lazio
    2012/13 - 1st Inter 2nd Juventus 3rd Napoli
    2013/14 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Juventus
    2014/15 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Sampdoria
    2015/16 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Parma 3rd Palermo
    2016/17 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina
    2017/18 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Cagliari 3rd Juventus
    2018/19 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Sampdoria 3rd Fiorentina
    2019/20 - 1st Palermo 2nd Inter 3rd AC Milan
    2020/21 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Sampdoria
    2021/22 - 1st Fiorentina 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan
    2022/23 - 1st Inter 2nd AC Milan 3rd Sampdoria
    2023/24 - 1st Sampdoria 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan
    2024/25 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Inter
    2025/26 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Sampdoria
    2026/27 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina
    2027/28 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Inter
    2028/29 - 1st Inter 2nd Fiorentina 3rd Sampdoria
    2029/30 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Fiorentina 3rd Sampdoria
    2030/31 - 1st Inter 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan
    2031/32 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Sampdoria 3rd Inter

French Ligue 1

2011/12 - 1st Valenciennes 2nd Bordeaux 3rd Marseille
    2012/13 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Sochaux
    2013/14 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2014/15 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2015/16 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille
    2016/17 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2017/18 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2018/19 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2019/20 - 1st PSG 2nd Toulouse 3rd Lyon
    2020/21 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2021/22 - 1st Toulouse 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2022/23 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2023/24 - 1st Bordeaux 2nd Lyon 3rd Auxerre
    2024/25 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2025/26 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille
    2026/27 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Lille
    2027/28 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2028/29 - 1st Lille 2nd PSG 3rd Auxerre
    2029/30 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Lille
    2030/31 - 1st Marseille 2nd Lyon 3rd PSG
    2031/32 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille

Club - Europe

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Man Utd
    2012/13 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2013/14 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2014/15 - Winners PSG Runners-Up Barcelona
    2015/16 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up At. Madrid
    2016/17 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2018/19 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Arsenal
    2019/20 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Barcelona
    2020/21 - Winners Marseille Runners-Up Palermo
    2021/22 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2024/25 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Lyon
    2025/26 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2026/27 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2027/28 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up At.Madrid
    2028/29 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Real Madrid
    2029/30 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid
    2030/31 - Winners At.Madrid Runners-Up Barcelona
    2031/32 - Winners At.Madrid Runners-Up Liverpool

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Rubin Kazan
    2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Porto
    2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Napoli
    2014/15 - Winners Benfica Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2015/16 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2016/17 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Roma
    2017/18 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Lyon
    2018/19 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Tottenham
    2019/20 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Porto Runners-Up Toulouse
    2022/23 - Winners Inter Runners-Up PSG
    2023/24 - Winners Stuttgart Runners-Up Stoke
    2024/25 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea
    2025/26 - Winners PSV Runners-Up Sampdoria
    2026/27 - Winners Anji Runners-Up Fiorentina
    2027/28 - Winners Lille Runners-Up Galatasaray
    2028/29 - Winners Ajax Runners-Up Sampdoria
    2029/30 - Winners Dortmund Runners-Up Anderlecht
    2030/31 - Winners Sampdoria Runners-Up Nottingham Forest
    2031/32 - Winners Leverkusen Runners-Up Feyenoord

International

World Cup

2014 - Winners France Runners-Up Ghana 3rd Place England Hosts Brazil
    2018 - Winners France Runners-Up Belgium 3rd Place Spain Hosts Russia
    2022 - Winners Germany Runners-Up Italy 3rd Place Mexico Hosts Qatar
    2026 - Winners Germany Runners-Up England 3rd Place Argentina Hosts Mexico
    2030 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Germany 3rd Place Brazil Hosts Italy

European Championships

2012 - Winners Germany Runners-Up France Hosts Ukraine/Poland
    2016 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Belgium Hosts France
    2020 - Winners Croatia Runners-Up Russia Hosts Belgium
    2024 - Winners France Runners-Up Romania Hosts Spain
    2028 - Winners Czech Republic Runners-Up England Hosts England
    2032 - Winners Czech Republic Runners-Up France Hosts Holland
    Last edited by SRL88; 03-07-2012 at 14:57.

Hahahahahaha dear oh dear!
    Oh dear indeed. I have to say, I did give her an earfull!!!

Up to date .

Reserves

She probably didnt understand what the fuss was about.

She probably didnt understand what the fuss was about.
    Silly woman .

This didnt come without begging, trust me!!

This is a fine offer, but I honestly dont think Bayern need me to manage the club based off how well they have been getting along.

This however is extremely tempting. They currently lie third in the Argetine Premier League after 16 games and their finances are listed as rich. Plus, that transfer budget, despite not being as good as my current one is a very nice one.

Subs Bench

The Belgrano thing is a bit random!

Reserves

I'd go with the latter one tbh. With your rep, you probably won't get another lower league offer like that for a long time.

The Belgrano thing is a bit random!
    It was, but I do want to leave Europe so it is very tempting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I'd go with the latter one tbh. With your rep, you probably won't get another lower league offer like that for a long time.
    I have delayed the decision until the end of the Argentine season which is around a month away so plenty of time to make a decision.

Youth Team

Argentina can be a fun league system. Tempting...

Reserves

Good money at Belgrano.

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Argentina can be a fun league system. Tempting...
    Good money at Belgrano.
    Very tempting indeed. They are nearly finished the season in Argetina so I dont want to take over now. I have delayed it until the end of the season.

Youth Team

Argentina sounds like it would be an interesting challenge. They seem well-positioned to challenge the traditional big clubs - could be a chance to make a bit of history

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Argentina sounds like it would be an interesting challenge. They seem well-positioned to challenge the traditional big clubs - could be a chance to make a bit of history
    It is extremely tempting. I think I need to sit down with my family and discuss the matter.

Tuesday 8th June 2032

Yesterday evening in news that came as a surprise to the Atletico Madrid faithful, their Manager Steven Longstaff stepped down from his post with immediate effect. Longstaff had been in charge at the Vincent Calderon for two seasons but what comes as a surprise more than anything is that he has left having just guided the club to the La Liga Title and also the clubs second UEFA Champions League crown in as many seasons.

In a statement yesterday, Longstaff said, "I wish to thank everyone involved with the club, from the Chairman, staff, players and supporters for their fantastic support over the past two seasons in what has been two of the most challenging, but yet enjoyable years in my career. The reason I have decided to step down at Atletico Manager is because having achieved what I have in such a short space of time, I already feel that I have achieved everything there is to with the club. I have contemplated this decision for a few weeks now and could have held on longer, but I feel it is only fair to the club that they are able to get on with their planning for next season and bring in the man they wish to take the club forward. I have sat down with my wife and we feel it is time for a change. We have lived in Europe our entire lives and although we have lived in some beautiful places in Europe, as a Manager I have nothing left to achieve on this continent. We have both agreed that it is better for me if we are closer to my current post as the Brazil Manager and thats what we plan on doing".

This doesnt surprise me at all. Two stints at the club as a player and now back for his third as a Manager.

Maybe one day I will return, but not now!!!

Third Team

Bayern would probably be a bit too easy so I'd be off to Belgrano.

Bayern would probably be a bit too easy so I'd be off to Belgrano.
    Unfortunately, they have just came back with the offer and want a decision there and then. There are still 4 games left in the season and I am not prepared to join at this stage. I want to start with a clean slate so I have had to reject the offer.

Youth Team

I'm guessing this negates the request in my thread? I'll answer it anyway

SRL88's Career - June 2032 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifiers

Well we remain unbeaten in qualifying but continue to struggle to find the back of the net away from home. We comprehensively beat Venezuela and despite having the better of the play against Colombia we just couldnt score. Still, we are on track to qualify for the World Cup and when I took over that was the only aim that I had to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I'm guessing this negates the request in my thread? I'll answer it anyway
    Not at all. There are other options available to me.

Subs Bench

Good decision to reject Belgrano. You should never be forced over a barrell like that.

Good decision to reject Belgrano. You should never be forced over a barrell like that.
    There was no way I was going to accept in the end. Two of their four games were in the Copa Libertadores Final (over two legs) and I wasnt going to be held responsible for losing the Final when I had no idea about tactics etc.

SRL88's Career - New Club Update - Boca Juniors

Name: Club Atletico Boca Juniors
    Nickname: Los Xeneizes
    Year Founded: 1905
    Stadium: Alberto J. Armando, "La Bombonera" (57,395 - 19,857 seater)

Well here is a change for the record book. I have officially been appointed as the new Manager of Argentinian club Boca Juniors. I return to the country where I had a lot of fun in charge of their national team and at a club with a rich history. I do however join the club at a time when they have been on the decline. A lack of trophies, finances arent great and there is barely a squad. What a challenge I have accepted here. I cant wait to get stuck in!!!

This just shows the decline of the club. They narrowly missed out on relegation last season.

There will be no Board Expectations as of yet due to the season just ending.

Budgets:
    Transfer: £128k
    Wage: £140,161 (Currently spending £98,282)
    Balance: -£3,739,053

Squad:
    See what I mean about a squad which barely exists??!! A lot of players left due to the expiration of their contracts and the club also had a lot of players on loan last season. Lets get building!!!

The lack of players means there is no point in showing any 'Key Players' because in actual fact, they are all key at this stage.
    Last edited by SRL88; 04-07-2012 at 15:22.

Youth Team

They seem to like this method of squad building in South America - i.e. not having one and loaning loads of players. Good luck with Boca, definitely a club I'd have liked to manage if I'd had the opportunity in my career.

They seem to like this method of squad building in South America - i.e. not having one and loaning loads of players. Good luck with Boca, definitely a club I'd have liked to manage if I'd had the opportunity in my career.
    Cheers Snake .

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this challenge. Its going to be very tough indeed, but I am looking forward to sinking my teeth in.

For the first time since I took charge at Liverpool in 2020 I am without Steven Gerrard as my Assistant Manager. He has decided not to follow me to Argentina and has instead opted to solely focus on his job as England U21 Manager. Im going to miss him as he has been a good colleague and a great friend, but I am hoping the prescence of Lionel Messi will be just as good as Stevie's was for me.

Third Team

Good luck at Boca

Good luck at Boca
    Cheers fella.

Amateur

Good replacement for Gerrard, and great challenge to make Boca what they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by JojoVillaHursty View Post
    Good replacement for Gerrard, and great challenge to make Boca what they once were.
    Cheers fella. I agree that Messi should be a good assistant.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2032/33 - Boca Juniors

Board Expectations:
    Apertura: Mid-table
    Clausura: Mid-table
    Copa Argentina: Reach the Seventh Round

My Expectations:
    Apertura: Just make improvents on and off the pitch
    Clausura: As above
    Copa Argentina: I havent got a clue where we start and how many rounds there are so if I can achieve the boards expectations I will be happy

Budgets:
    Transfer: £500k
    Wage: £98,387 (Currently spending £101,790)
    Balance: -£1,840,819 (+£1.898,234 since arrival)

Key Player(s):
    This is difficult because I am still trying to bring players in, but based off who is here I will list who I feel are the three most key to the squad.
    Juan Lopez - The highest rated player at the club. Every single member of staff rates him at 5* and he has Real Madrid chasing him.
    Damian Gibertini - A young player who has plenty of room for development. Big things are expected of him.
    Hernan Rocha - The clubs number one. I expect him to be busy in between the sticks this season.

Subs Bench

Exciting new challenge. Pity Gerrard won't be joining you though.

Good luck.

Amateur

Looks like it will be a good challenge! Good luck!

Is Messi as good as an Assistant Manager as he was a player?

Youth Team

I'm curious about Messi's stats as an assistant manager too.

Exciting new challenge. Pity Gerrard won't be joining you though.

Good luck.
    Cheers Tom. I to think its a shame that Stevie opted against joining me. Im quite gutted infact. Luckily from my time in charge of Argentina I learnt Spanish so there are no language barriers at all.

I'm curious about Messi's stats as an assistant manager too.
    Lionel Messi

Not brilliant by any means, but his stats are about on par with Gerrard's and he turned out to be one of the best assistants I have ever had.

Boca.

Amateur

I love the Argentina leagues, good luck with Boca

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    Boca.
    Hope I can succeed with them to keep this cool smiley there.

I love the Argentina leagues, good luck with Boca
    You arent the first to say that. Hope I enjoy it as much as others.

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2032/33 - Boca Juniors

Friendlies

Not the best of pre-season's, but to be fair we did only have a handful of players for the majority of it. Once we got some players in we started to perform and despite a much weaker squad, the games against Newcastle and Arsenal were two very good games indeed.

Transfers - In

Luis De Leon - £1.2m - A very good signing from Uruguay. Can play on either wing or upfront. Will be a brilliant all round player.

Sebastian Cortez - £325k - A vastly experienced defender. Will bring a lot to the squad.

Robert Sinkovec - Free - One of our four allocated places for foreign players. Should prove to be a solid player.

Adama Toure - £2.9m - I am delighted with this signing. We beat a host of European sides to capture his signature.

Mauricio Bermudez - £3.3m - A very young striker with excellent stats. Really looking forward to unleashing him on this league.

Osvaldo Araujo - £1.2m - We lacked right sided midfielders when I joined so I brought this guy in to add a bit of quality, but also some experience to the side.

Marcelo Flores - £1.4m - Snapped up due to the sale of another player (more on that in a bit). We beat a few sides to sign him so I am happy to bring him in.

Mariano Milano - Free - Signed prior to my arrival but despite his ageing years, he could be a valuable asset.

Please Note: Fabian Rivera was signed on loan before I joined. I didnt rate him so I cancelled his the loan deal.

Transfers - Out

There were a few departures during the summer, but the main talking points are the sales of Juan Lopez and Hernan Rocha. I included both in my Key Players on the Season Preview but I decided to sell them both. I couldnt really refuse the £30m offer from Real Madrid for Lopez. It got us well out of the red in our finances and also free'd up some much needed money and wage space for me to bring in a few players. That was also ultimately the reason I sold Rocha as well. He was on £15k per week and we already have a goalkeeper rated on par with him, and one who has plenty of room for improvement. I will show my faith in them.

So with pre-season out the way, we have played our opening league game, but also I have signed a few more players before the close of the transfer window. Lets take a look:

Diego Biscay - £1.1m - A player who I signed when I took over at Galatasaray. He had a fantastic season for me in Turkey and when I saw he was available I snapped him up. Really looking forward to working with him again.

Marcos Novgorosky - Loan - I like to play with a defensive midfielder so instead of searching for one and having to spend money, I brought one in on loan who is very highly rated. He can also cover at centre half.

Luis Giannini - £1m - Should turn out to be a very good squad player. Can also play on the right hand side of midfield.

Nice signings so far. Big money sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    Nice signings so far. Big money sale.
    Cheers Purefun .

I have to say, I was delighted to receive a £30m bid for Lopez. I had rejected £18m for him and when they came came back with that I snapped their hands off.

Youth Team

Getting £30m for Lopez is a great deal, you've done well there. He's good, yes, but not £30m good! That £30m will build you a multiple Libertadores-winning side, I'm sure. I like the look of Biscay.

SRL88's Career - August 2032 - Brazil

Friendly

A nice win over Mali away from home. It was nice for us to actually play an away game and score some goals. This gives me a lot of confidence going into the next set of World Cup Qualifiers. The only issue I have is that since I have taken charge of Brazil, we have played 10 games and my top scorer is Joao who is a centre back with 6 goals. We need goals coming from our front men.

Getting £30m for Lopez is a great deal, you've done well there. He's good, yes, but not £30m good! That £30m will build you a multiple Libertadores-winning side, I'm sure. I like the look of Biscay.
    Cheers Snake .

Yeah I am glad I signed Biscay. I hope he can have similar form to what he did when I managed him at Galatasaray.

At least they are making good use of the Lopez money.

SRL88's Career - August 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

A truely excellent start to life in Argentina. The squad has gelled ever so well and although we arent setting the world alight like some teams have been, we have a togetherness already which says we will fight till the end. We started with an excellent 2-1 win over All Boys, a side who won the Apertura last season. In our next match against Banfield we fought till the death and scored a late winner through debutant Luis Giannini. A very entertaining encounter against Independiente followed which saw well over 40 shots on target in the whole game. They took the lead midway through the first half but with just 15 minutes remaining, a mistake from their goalkeeper was punished as we grabbed a well deserved point. In our final game of the month I must say that we were lucky they had a man sent off which really swung the game towards us. Not that it shouldnt be noted that we were 2-1 up at that stage. Anyway, two fine goals from Mauricio Bermudez gave us a fine 4-1 win to leave us top after the opening month of the season.

First Team Squad Member

Good to see you leave Europe, good luck dude!

Subs Bench

Excellent start in the Apetura.

Also good signing in Bermudez. He will do excellently for you, and should provide the club with some good income if/when a European club comes sniffing around him.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Good to see you leave Europe, good luck dude!
    Cheers AcidBurn .

Excellent start in the Apetura.

Also good signing in Bermudez. He will do excellently for you, and should provide the club with some good income if/when a European club comes sniffing around him.
    Cheers Tom .

I agree about Bermudez. After a year or two I can imagine there will be a few of the bigger European clubs sniffing around.

This is a deal which really pleases me. Despite his ageing years, Hernan Ojeda is a quality goalkeeper and this will be the third time I will manage him after having him at both Liverpool and Atletico Madrid.

Thoroughly deserved if you ask me.

Youth Team

Great goalkeers, but at 37 years old, will be needing a replacement before long.

Amateur

Ojeda still has awesome stats, btw brilliant deal for Juan Lopez I honestly believe real Madrid over paid :L

Great goalkeers, but at 37 years old, will be needing a replacement before long.
    Should get 2 good seasons out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Ojeda still has awesome stats, btw brilliant deal for Juan Lopez I honestly believe real Madrid over paid :L
    Cheers. I also feel they overpaid, but Im not complaining .

Amateur

Some good transfers there, especially Bermudez!

And, a good start to the season as well!

SRL88's Career - September 2032 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifiers

Two cracking performances away from home see us grab maximum points. We were brilliant in Chile as we walked to a 3-1 win. It was also nice to see our more attacking players take centre stage and grab the goals. In the first half against Argentina we struggled for possession and had to watch as they continued with wave of attack after attack. Luckily we got to half time still level so I had a bit of time to think about what to do. I have to concede that I went to the TomTuck school of tactics and decided to go with three defensive midfielders, but with a slight twist. I set all three defensive midfielders to defend, then played with one CM, one AM and one FW which allowed for us to nulify their attack and dominate possession. We were got control of the game from the half time interval but it wasnt until late on when we grabbed the decisive goal to give us a massive 1-0 win

Some good transfers there, especially Bermudez!

And, a good start to the season as well!
    Cheers fella .

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I have to concede that I went to the TomTuck school of tactics
    Aaahhh, people are seeing sense.

In all seriouness, two crackng victories there. Not that the Boca fans will thank you for the second one!

Semi Pro

Haven't kept up with this for a very long time, since the Liverpool days. Not that many seasons ago actually, but definitely a lot of pages ago. Bloody hell you post a lot.

Good stint with Atlético Madrid, the move to Boca is logical, a big challenge in an iconic club on a decline, and the opportunity to prove yourself in a different continent. I'd have done the same move. Very early times in Argentina but looks like you've started well. The seasons are very short there so any points count, it's important to be first even after only 4 games!

Aaahhh, people are seeing sense.

In all seriouness, two crackng victories there. Not that the Boca fans will thank you for the second one!
    Haha I am sure they wont fully....but they will probably forgive me for what followed in my next two games with Boca (there is half a spoiler to get you thinking).

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Haven't kept up with this for a very long time, since the Liverpool days. Not that many seasons ago actually, but definitely a lot of pages ago. Bloody hell you post a lot.

Good stint with Atlético Madrid, the move to Boca is logical, a big challenge in an iconic club on a decline, and the opportunity to prove yourself in a different continent. I'd have done the same move. Very early times in Argentina but looks like you've started well. The seasons are very short there so any points count, it's important to be first even after only 4 games!
    Haha. Yes, there certainly has been a bit of change since then. Did you notice my stint with Galatasaray? It was that quick you might have missed it haha.

I am still getting used to things in Argentina. Not sure what to expect as of yet to be honest...but I do know that they like their high scoring games.

Reserves

Managing in Argentina as well as the Brazilian national side? Brave move.

Managing in Argentina as well as the Brazilian national side? Brave move.
    I would rather use the term showcasing my talent to the wider audience.

SRL88's Career - September 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

Pardon my French, but what a ****ing month this was!!! Our fantastic start to the season continues and we got September off to a flying start with a brilliant 5-0 win away to Godoy Cruz with Mauricio Bermudez grabbing his second hat-trick in as many games. We then played Union off the park and grabbed a well deserved 4-0 win. I was expecting the possibility of our first defeat to a strong All Boys side in our next but with confidence so high I shouldnt have even questioned it. We raced into a 2-0 lead and despite them pulling one back the result was never in question. Our final game of September was an entertaining encounter. We took the lead pretty early in the game but conceded just before half time. In the second half, San Lorenzo took the lead with an exact carbon copy of the first goal. This didnt ruffle us though. I made a couple of changes, bringing the fantastic Bermudez off the bench and his prescence swung the game. A brace from our star man completely changed the game as we came from 2-1 down to grab a brilliant 3-2 win in a game we apparently had 'no chance of winning' according to the press.

Yet more money well spent .

Youth Team

****ing is French?!?! Who knew I was so bilingual. Great season so far and congrats on the Argentine job too.

Third Team

Great start with Boca

****ing is French?!?! Who knew I was so bilingual. Great season so far and congrats on the Argentine job too.
    Cheers cerud .

Things couldnt have gone any better for club or country.

Great start with Boca
    Thank you kind Sir .

I cant say that these awards surprise me.

SRL88's Career - October 2032 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifiers

Two solid wins keep us right on course to go to the the 2034 World Cup. We controled the game against Uruguay and 3-0 was the bare minimum that we deserved. Despite dominating the entire game against Peru we just couldnt find the net. Luckily for us however, my former Atletico player Mexilhao popped up in the final 10 minutes to give us another three points.

Although in due time these two would go on to become International players, I firmly believe that their early season form had a huge hand in them becomming so right now.

Amateur

That's a damned good start on the road to getting Boca back where they always expect to be.
    And I think yo're right with the guys getting call-ups. Good form with possibly the continent's bigest club would do their international chances no harm at all. Its always nice to see your guys get a call-up; except when club games continue while the internationals are played.

Quote Originally Posted by BadManager View Post
    That's a damned good start on the road to getting Boca back where they always expect to be.
    And I think yo're right with the guys getting call-ups. Good form with possibly the continent's bigest club would do their international chances no harm at all. Its always nice to see your guys get a call-up; except when club games continue while the internationals are played.
    Cheers fella .

I am absolutely delighted with how well things have gone so far. Really hoping we can hang on for the last few games to claim the Apertura.

Part-Timer

Didn't see you taking over Boca Thought you was going to Belgrano Good start to the season

Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Didn't see you taking over Boca Thought you was going to Belgrano Good start to the season
    I was going to join them, but only once the Argentinian season had ended. They wanted me to make a decision with 4 games remaining (2 of them were the Copa Libertadores Final) and I wasnt prepared to at that stage so I rejected them and then got offered the Boca job.

Hey SRL, I started reading this yesterday, and this is one amazing career!! I don't know how you do it, but iit's just fantastic! You've also inspired me to do my own Journeyman Career!! Good luck in Argentina and with Brazil!!

Quote Originally Posted by hullcity4life View Post
    Hey SRL, I started reading this yesterday, and this is one amazing career!! I don't know how you do it, but iit's just fantastic! You've also inspired me to do my own Journeyman Career!! Good luck in Argentina and with Brazil!!
    Well thank you kind Sir .

Good luck in your own journey and if you start a thread I will be following.

I dont think it helps that I leave my game running overnight without shutting my laptop down, but I feel this deserves posting

SRL88's Career - October 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

A very solid month for us. Its a shame we couldnt beat River in the Superclasico Derby but it was a hard earned point. We followed this up with a cracking 4-1 win before an annoying draw against Lanus. This was a very rare game where I was actually afraid we might get beat. A nice win against Racing Club followed before a very important game against Newell's. A win for them would have kept the Apertura title race wide open, but two late goals game us an important 2-0 win put us well and truely in the driving seat.

Two very nice links but I am not interested in the slightest.

Subs Bench

Excellent October dude, very much on course for the Apertura.

Agree with you about the deals on offer, decent, but not worth even considering leaving for.

Excellent October dude, very much on course for the Apertura.

Agree with you about the deals on offer, decent, but not worth even considering leaving for.
    Cheers fella .

Just 6 games to go until the end of the Apertura, and the first league title of the season. We are in a good position.

Amateur

Looking very good at the moment with both Boca and Brazil

I feel like you should stay, it's to soon to move again.

Looking very good at the moment with both Boca and Brazil
    Cheers fella .

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    I feel like you should stay, it's to soon to move again.
    The thought never even crossed my mind. I have since been linked with Everton and Juventus.

This was a pleasent surprise to see. The thought didnt even cross my mind but to see someone break Cafu's long standing record is a very nice thing for a player to achieve. At 32yo, he still has a couple of years left in him and as my captain he will be leading our side to the 2034 World Cup so this record will be extended further.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast