+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Job pretty much done in the league. Surprised to see Stoke battling for 4th! The relegation battle looks close too.
    Yeah the bottom of the league should go down to the wire. Will be interesting if all three North East clubs ended up in the Championship.

Nice that the winning formula runs throughout the club.

The U18's also get in on the act .

Third Team

That is a pretty remarkable Liverpool team from top to bottom.

Reserves

Rather strange really.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    That is a pretty remarkable Liverpool team from top to bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Rather strange really.
    I said when I joined that I would reshape the club from top to bottom and I feel that is coming into full effect now.

SRL88's Career - May 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

An excellent season for us is wrapped up in style. We officially won the league title with a win over our near neighbours Everton with an easy 4-1 win making it three titles in a row for us. We followed that up with a nice win at the Stadium of Light before two subdued performances to round out the season. We were excellent in the first half against West Ham but took our foot off the pedal in the second and they came back into it. I wasnt best pleased but we still won 2-1. I was angry with the Stoke result though. They had a man sent off 10 minutes in, we were 2-0 up at half time and still drew the game. Not the best way to end the season but we are still Champions.

Reserves

Nice season SRL. But wow Scunthorpe . Even I did better in the Prem with them on FM10 .

A record to cap off an excellent season for the winger.

Always nice to have players in the Team of the Year.

Does this really come as a suprise anymore?

The redevelopment continues to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Nice season SRL. But wow Scunthorpe . Even I did better in the Prem with them on FM10 .
    Cheers NF . Scunthorpe have had a shocking season, changing their manager twice. Paul Ince guided them to the Premiership but he left for Swansea in November and was replaced by Gregory van der Wiel who was sacked 4 games before the end of the season and replaced by Salman Essa who although not picking up a point, made the games a lot closer than what they were for most of the season.

Youth Team

Your facilities must be almost as good as they can get surely?

A clean sweep of awards in May.

Your facilities must be almost as good as they can get surely?
    They are of a very high standard.

Reserves

Nothing ordinary about Ord!

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - Liverpool FC

Premier League - Results 1 - Results 2 (1st - CHAMPIONS)

Our best season to date. We have won our third league title in a row and make it to 23 now in total, just 2 behind Man Utd's record. We were fantastic all season and just 1 defeat shows that. Even when we were chasing Chelsea we had three games in hand and I always felt in control of the situation. I couldnt have asked for much more from us as we marched to yet another league title.

FA Cup (Knocked out in Semi-Final)

We had a pretty easy route to the Semi-Final's but then came up against a very good Arsenal side on the day who deserved to beat us.

League Cup (Winners)

Our second successive League Cup trophy. We made hard work of a few of the earlier rounds but kicked into gear we reached the Semi-Final. We brushed Fulham aside before beating Swansea 2-0 in the Final.

Community Shield (Winners)

What is turning into the usual fixture to kick off the season saw us beat Man Utd 2-1 at Anfield South.

Champions League (Knocked out in 1st Knockout Round)

A pretty disappointing campaign in Europe really. I was looking for us to win the group but PSV really shocked us. They thumped us in Eindhoven and then frustrated us at Anfield. Those two results meant we had to settle for second and given a draw against AC Milan. Despite a weakened side destroying Milan at Anfield we couldnt hang on in Italy and bowed out earlier than I expected.

Uefa Super Cup (Winners)

A comfortable win over the Europa League Winners.

World Club Championship (Third)

A bit suprising but I took the blame. I rested a lot of players against Pumas expecting victory and it didnt work out. They scored a late goal to win it which annoyed me a bit more but we followed it up with a solid win over Santos. If we get back to this stage again I know not to underestimate teams.

Transfers - Finances

Next to no transfer activity really. I sent a few out on loan for experience and we only made one significant signing and that was a back-up. I kept the same squad together as last season and it worked well.
    Our sponsorship money keeps us going strong. We make huge loses per month but are never really in any trouble. We have just signed a new kit sponsorship for £13m per season.

Squad

Im pleased with the squad but as mentioned it was the same as last season. I dont think we could go a third season without making changes and expect the same results. David Alaba and Rob Wilson's contracts expire at the end of June and I cant see me renewing them. We have a couple of players joining on free transfers and I might make a few more signings. I just think it needs freshing up.

My Top 3 Players

Fuska - By far his best season in a red shirt. Interest is high in him but I will resist all offers.
    Sergio Diaz - The leadership he gives us at the back is brilliant. Without him we dont look the same side.
    Chris Ord - Scored the same amount of league goals as last season but in a game less. Our main man and still has a few seasons left in him.

Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  Team            | League                  |  Country | League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2011/12 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 5th             |  Play-Off Quater Finalists                        |
    | 2012/13 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 3rd             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists                          |
    | 2013/14 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 4th             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists, FA Trophy Runners-Up,   |
                                                                                           Appointed in October                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 2nd             |  Promoted via Play-Offs, FA Trophy Runners-Up     |
    | 2015/16 |  Darlington      | League Two              |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2016/17 |  Darlington      | League One              |  England | 5th             |  Promoted via Play-Offs                           |
    | 2017/18 |  Blackpool       | Championship            |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted via Play-Off's                          |
    | 2018/19 |  Blackpool       | Premier League          |  England | -               |  Resigned in November                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 10th            |  Appointed in November, FA Cup Winners            |
    | 2019/20 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 4th             |  FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up,           |
                                                                                           Champions League Qualification                   |
    | 2020/21 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League & FA Cup Winners                  |
                                                                                           League Cup & Europa League Runners-Up            |
    | 2021/22 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 2nd             |  Premier League & FA Cup Runners-Up               |
                                                                                           League Cup & Champions League Semi-Final         |
    | 2022/23 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League Winners                           |
    | 2023/24 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League, FA, Carling Cup                  |
                                                                                           Community Shield & Champions League Winners      |
    | 2024/25 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League, League Cup, Community Shield     |
                                                                                           & Uefa Super Cup Winners                         |
    Next Season?

We have another three titles to win to eclipse Man Utd's record of 25 and I have 3 years left on my contract so I might see it out. I said I was going to so I should stick to it really. Hopefully we can win three in a row and I can leave with the feeling of doing the task I set out to do.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Kirklareli Spor

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League                  |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2013/14 |  Second Division Group A |  11th            |  -                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Second Division Group A |  9th             |  -                             |
    | 2015/16 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2016/17 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2017/18 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  Second Division Group A |  3rd             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2020/21 |  Second Division Group A |  7th             |  -                             |
    | 2021/22 |  Second Division Group A |  10th            |  -                             |
    | 2022/23 |  Second Division Group A |  4th             |  Promoted via Play-Off's       |
    | 2023/24 |  First Division          |  13th            |  -                             |
    | 2024/25 |  First Division          |  13th            |  -                             |
    Comfortably survived. Now time to move forward.

Darlington FC

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2017/18 |  Championship      |  24th            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2018/19 |  League One        |  20th            |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  League One        |  8th             |  -                             |
    | 2020/21 |  League One        |  3rd             |  Play-Off Winners, Promoted    |
    | 2021/22 |  Championship      |  22nd            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2022/23 |  League One        |  17th            |  -                             |
    | 2023/24 |  League One        |  14th            |  -                             |
    | 2024/25 |  League One        |  5th             |  Play-Off Semi-Final           |
    A cracking season for Darlo and a massive step in the right direction. They done brilliant to reach the Play-Off's but Chesterfield were to strong.

Blackpool FC

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2018/19 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Resigned in November, Relegated, Carling Cup SF  |
    | 2019/20 |  Championship      |  13th            |  -                                                |
    | 2020/21 |  Championship      |  2nd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  19th            |  Relegated                                        |
    | 2022/23 |  Championship      |  1st             |  Champions                                        |
    | 2023/24 |  Premier League    |  12th            |  -                                                |
    | 2024/25 |  Premier League    |  16th            |  -                                                |
    A bit of a step backwards and somewhat of a second season syndrome but they will have at least another season at this level.

Aston Villa

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                       |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2020/21 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  Carling Cup SF              |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  7th             |  -                           |
    | 2022/23 |  Premier League    |  11th            |  -                           |
    | 2023/24 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  -                           |
    | 2024/25 |  Premier League    |  13th            |  -                           |
    Becomming a bit of a yo-yo club of sort.
    Last edited by SRL88; 08-04-2012 at 17:44.

A Look Around The World

Club - Domestic

English Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2012/13 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Liverpool
    2013/14 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man Utd
    2014/15 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2015/16 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2016/17 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2017/18 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Liverpool 3rd Chelsea
    2018/19 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2019/20 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Sunderland
    2020/21 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Arsenal
    2021/22 - 1st Man City 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2022/23 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Chelsea
    2023/24 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Man City
    2024/25 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Everton
    2012/13 - Winners West Ham Runners-Up Liverpool
    2013/14 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Norwich
    2014/15 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Birmingham
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Barnsley
    2016/17 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Chelsea
    2017/18 - Winners Everton Runners-Up Arsenal
    2018/19 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Leicester
    2019/20 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Stoke
    2021/22 - Winners Newcastle Runners-Up Liverpool
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Tottenham
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Blackburn
    2024/25 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Arsenal

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Fulham Runners-Up Reading
    2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up West Brom
    2013/14 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Chelsea
    2014/15 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2016/17 - Winners West Brom Runners-Up Man City
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Man City
    2018/19 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Norwich
    2019/20 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2020/21 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Wolves
    2022/23 - Winners Stoke Runners-Up Swansea
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Cardiff
    2024/25 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Swansea

La Liga

2011/12 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athletic Club
    2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Villarreal
    2013/14 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Athletic Club 3rd Barcelona
    2014/15 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia
    2015/16 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At. Madrid
    2016/17 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid
    2017/18 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd At.Madrid
    2018/19 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Malaga
    2019/20 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At.Madrid
    2020/21 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2021/22 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2022/23 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Betis 3rd Real Madrid
    2023/24 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Getafe
    2024/25 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Betis

Bundesliga

2011/12 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Werder Bremen 3rd Schalke
    2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2013/14 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Dortmund 3rd Bayern Munich
    2014/15 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2015/16 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2016/17 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2017/18 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Leverkusen 3rd Dortmund
    2018/19 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Dortmund
    2019/20 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Hoffenheim
    2020/21 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hannover 3rd Leverkusen
    2021/22 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Freiburg 3rd Leverkusen
    2022/23 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Freiburg
    2023/24 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hoffenheim 3rd Leverkusen
    2024/25 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Stuttgart

Serie A

2011/12 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Lazio
    2012/13 - 1st Inter 2nd Juventus 3rd Napoli
    2013/14 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Juventus
    2014/15 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Sampdoria
    2015/16 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Parma 3rd Palermo
    2016/17 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina
    2017/18 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Cagliari 3rd Juventus
    2018/19 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Sampdoria 3rd Fiorentina
    2019/20 - 1st Palermo 2nd Inter 3rd AC Milan
    2020/21 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Sampdoria
    2021/22 - 1st Fiorentina 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan
    2022/23 - 1st Inter 2nd AC Milan 3rd Sampdoria
    2023/24 - 1st Sampdoria 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan
    2024/25 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Inter

French Ligue 1

2011/12 - 1st Valenciennes 2nd Bordeaux 3rd Marseille
    2012/13 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Sochaux
    2013/14 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2014/15 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2015/16 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille
    2016/17 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2017/18 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2018/19 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2019/20 - 1st PSG 2nd Toulouse 3rd Lyon
    2020/21 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2021/22 - 1st Toulouse 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2022/23 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2023/24 - 1st Bordeaux 2nd Lyon 3rd Auxerre
    2024/25 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille

Club - Europe

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Man Utd
    2012/13 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2013/14 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2014/15 - Winners PSG Runners-Up Barcelona
    2015/16 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up At. Madrid
    2016/17 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2018/19 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Arsenal
    2019/20 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Barcelona
    2020/21 - Winners Marseille Runners-Up Palermo
    2021/22 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2024/25 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Lyon

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Rubin Kazan
    2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Porto
    2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Napoli
    2014/15 - Winners Benfica Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2015/16 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2016/17 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Roma
    2017/18 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Lyon
    2018/19 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Tottenham
    2019/20 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Porto Runners-Up Toulouse
    2022/23 - Winners Inter Runners-Up PSG
    2023/24 - Winners Stuttgart Runners-Up Stoke
    2024/25 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea

International

World Cup

2014 - Winners France Runners-Up Ghana 3rd Place England Hosts Brazil
    2018 - Winners France Runners-Up Belgium 3rd Place Spain Hosts Russia
    2022 - Winners Germany Runners-Up Italy 3rd Place Mexico Hosts Qatar

European Championships

2012 - Winners Germany Runners-Up France Hosts Ukraine/Poland
    2016 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Belgium Hosts France
    2020 - Winners Croatia Runners-Up Russia Hosts Belgium
    2024 - Winners France Runners-Up Romania Hosts Spain
    Last edited by SRL88; 08-04-2012 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    Nothing ordinary about Ord!
    Best player I have managed on FM by a million miles.

Yet more planned work.

SRL88's Career - June 2025 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

A brilliant win for us in Peru which officially seals our qualification for the 2026 World Cup in Mexico with 4 games to go. We played pretty well but found ourselves a goal down which kicked us into gear. We came back strong and were 4-1 up but conceded a goal late on. Im really pleased that we have qualified.

Friendly

A pretty poor performance resulted in a poor result. I made a lot of changes following the win over Peru and I think that was the cause here. USA were really pumped up for this match and probably deserved victory. We will need to guard against complacency going forward.

This is the second season in a row the EPL has fallen down the ranking.

I am actually pretty suprised by this because we had a stinker of a year in Europe.

Chris Ord .

Steve has actually been my main managerial rival since I arrived at Anfield. We have had constant battles via the media but does it seriously need to result in this???

Third Team

Ouch,who would want to manage them anyway!

Reserves

That's a 'no' then.

Ouch,who would want to manage them anyway!
    That's a 'no' then.
    I think its fair to say that this is the biggest NO I will ever say in my life.

Although nice to see the increase in attendance, we need to get this up towards the maximum capacity of 70,000.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - Liverpool FC

Board Expectations:
    Premier League: Challenge for the Title
    Champions League: Reach the Semi-Final
    FA Cup: Reach the Final
    League Cup: Not Important
    Community Shield: Not Important

My Expectations:
    Premier League: Win it
    Champions League: Do better than last season
    FA Cup: Like last season, go as far as possible
    League Cup: It would be nice to win this competition three seasons in a row
    Community Shield: Playing Man Utd so we have to win

Budgets:
    Transfer: £155m
    Wage: £2,780,188 (Currently spending £1,629,065)
    Balance: £78,785,723 (-£11,451,858 since last season)

Key Player(s):
    Sinai - Brought in on a free transfer and will play a big part to my season. Will he step up?
    Sergio Diaz - Our leader at the back and new Vice Captain.
    Fuska - Had his best season at Liverpool last term and I want more of the same from him.
    Chris Ord - He is actually inthe last year of his contract and wants ridiculous money which we just cant afford. Could this be his last season in a red shirt?

Subs Bench

Solid season there, though I get the impression you think it should have been better.

As for Ord, he will be thirty by the end of the season. If he is after such ridiculous money, maybe it is time for him to go?

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Solid season there, though I get the impression you think it should have been better.

As for Ord, he will be thirty by the end of the season. If he is after such ridiculous money, maybe it is time for him to go?
    Probably, but maybe I am comparing it to the previous season where we won everything? I was annoyed with myself for us not winning the World Club Championship's and I took the full blame for that with the side I put out when I should have gone all out. We shot ourselves in the foot in Europe by not topping out group but we were unlucky against AC Milan at the same time.

It might be, but I am holding hope that he will lower his demands as the season goes on. If not then I cant see me renewing his contract.

Reserves

200kpw! Still, he's Ord, for me you don't let someone like that go (until they're far older) as long as you can prevent it.

Youth Team

Another fab season! Shame Utd won the Champions League, though

I'm not too sure how Anfield is capable of holding 70000 supporters when there's minimal room to expand as it is!

Amateur

Sometimes I threaten to tranferlist the player if he doesnt sign a new deal dosnt work all the time though and can end up making him angry at you.

200kpw! Still, he's Ord, for me you don't let someone like that go (until they're far older) as long as you can prevent it.
    If he lowers his demands to around the level he is on now I will offer him a contract, but he is wanting £300k p/w, £30k per game and goal and £6m signing on fee and agent fee. No chance I will offer him that.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Another fab season! Shame Utd won the Champions League, though

I'm not too sure how Anfield is capable of holding 70000 supporters when there's minimal room to expand as it is!
    Probably bought all the boarded up council houses which surround the stadium .

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Sometimes I threaten to tranferlist the player if he doesnt sign a new deal dosnt work all the time though and can end up making him angry at you.
    This might work. Will test it out.

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2024/25 - Liverpool FC

Friendlies

A rather frustrating and poor pre-season to be honest. We didnt get into full gear but I suppose we play friendlies to try and get ourselves into the flow of things. We were poor against Freiburg which resulted in a shock defeat but the final four games were pretty strong so I am pleased with that.

Community Shield

A nice win over Man Utd at Wembley. It was more comfortable than the scoreline looks however because we dominated in large spells. They didnt trouble us really until the last 15 minutes and we once again beat Man Utd at Wembley to lift the Community Shield.

Transfers - In

Cristian Paratore - £1.9m - A young player who we have had an agreed transfer with for a couple of years until he turned 18. I immediately sent him out on loan to Genk.

Celio - Free - A really good young free transfer. He is already at a quality standard and has room to develop as well.

Sinai - Free - A brilliant free transfer. He has a brilliant future ahead of him. Look at that price tag as well considering we have just signed him.

Stefan Smits - £10m - A young player brought in to replace the departing David Alaba and Im looking forward to seeing him develop.

Luis Rossi - Loan - Signed on loan to cover for the first team but will also add quality to the side as well.

Transfers - Out

A lot of departures over the summer but mainly in the loan department. I send numerous youngsters out on loan for first team experience. The biggest departures came in the form of Alaba & Wilson who left on free transfers following the expiration of their contracts, and also Dan Cousins who left on loan for Blackburn. Although he has been a big part of my plans since I signed him the quality of the squad has got better as well so he was one of the casualties.

Our latest England International having won his first cap against Spain . Really love it when you have a player who came through the youth ranks make it onto the International scene.

Friday 22nd August

Longstaff and Ord Patch Things up?

Following a discussion just two weeks ago between Liverpool Manager Steven Longstaff and his captain Chris Ord which resulted in Longstaff telling Chris that he may have to let him leave due to his contract demands and also the fact that his current deal expires at the end of the current season. When the Liverpool Echo got hold of this story last week there was wide speculation as to what would happen with the Liverpool captain but things certainly seem to be a whole lot brighter now.

Monday 25th August

Ord Signs New Anfield Deal

Following our report on Friday in which we stated that the past had certainly been put behind at Anfield between Steven Longstaff and Chris Ord, news has came out from the club that their captain Chris Ord has put pen to paper on a new three year contract to keep him at the club until the end of the 2027/28 season. This will come as a huge boost to Liverpool Football Club who seemed to somewhat stutter at the week-end against Blackburn as Ord's head certainly wasnt in the game fully and this seemed to run through the rest of the team but with Ord now penned down to a new deal Liverpool will be hoping to get back to business as usual.

Subs Bench

Superb news that Ord has signed up for three more years. What is his weekly wage now?

Superb news that Ord has signed up for three more years. What is his weekly wage now?
    He is now on £250k p/w which is a £50k wage increase from his previous one but £50k less than he demanded. I got his appearence & goal bonus to around a similar level to what it was before signing a new deal as were the signing on fee & agent fee. The only place I feel ripped off at is his season goal bonus. He wouldnt sign unless I gave him £1.5m for 20 league goals so that is the only thing which annoyed me.

Group Stage Draw

Pretty similar to how I felt last season to be honest but I wont be taking anything for granted. We should get through this group without to much trouble but I see us having tricky games away from home to each team.

I have snapped this guy up from LA Galaxy for £15m as my last signing of the summer transfer window. This was due to the departure of Mauro Desabato to Sampdoria for £6.5m.

SRL88's Career - August 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A very, very average start to the season, especially considering our first three games. We started off with a strong win over Blackpool on the opening day. We were comfortable at 2-0 in the game but they pulled on back late on and seemed to crank up the pressure. We hit them on the counter and debutant Luis Rossi scored a third to get us off to a good start. Against Blackburn we stuttered but we werent helped by the fact that we finished the game with 8 men effectively. We had to make three enforced changes in the first half thanks to injuries at the hands of the Blackburn players. Chris Ord gave us the lead in the second half and we were dominant. At this point they hadnt even had a shot at goal and then it all went sour. They injured another player which meant we were down to 10 men thanks to making all our substitution and then gave knocks to 2 of our defenders who had less than 20% fitness. They took advantage and scored late on with just their second shot at goal but I was fuming to come out of a game with SIX injuries. The final game of the month saw us travel to Cardiff in a game we again dominated but just couldnt find the net. The best chance of the game falling to Chris Ord in injury time but he ballooned his header over from 6-yards.

Youth Team

Champions league group seems pretty straightforward. Average start to the league though!

Champions league group seems pretty straightforward. Average start to the league though!
    Yeah its been annoying more than anything because we should have won all three games.

SRL88's Career - September 2025 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

Two really good results for us which keep us in pole position to top our group. I know that it doesnt mean much but it shows that we have been able to win games on a consistant basis considering our poor Copa America showing. We dominated Uruguay throughout and gave them yet another spanking with a nice 4-1 win. Ecuador gave us a bit more of a game but we were still in control. A tap in from Dario Cabre right on half time was enough to ensure victory to keep us four points clear at the top.

We have two games remaining in qualifying which are against Colombia (a) and Chile (h). I will be looking for at least 4pts from these two games.

A nice little rise up the rankings thanks to our two latest wins.

Another landmark reached.

Subs Bench

Wow! And I thought I'd done well to get to 300!

Well done with Argentina, top spot in the qualifying, not that is matters particularly, is all but secured.

Reserves

Top-notch report from the Echo on Ord's contract their. Just as you'd expect.

Subs Bench

Brad Guzan is a top manager? What the eff.

Wow! And I thought I'd done well to get to 300!

Well done with Argentina, top spot in the qualifying, not that is matters particularly, is all but secured.
    Cheers Tom .

Top-notch report from the Echo on Ord's contract their. Just as you'd expect.
    Quality reporter .

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Brad Guzann is a top manager? What the eff.
    Brad Guzan and his career.

Im surprised he was linked but he didnt get the job anyway.

SRL88's Career - September 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A much better month for us as we finally turned our chances into goals. We dominated Man City for large spells but like our previous games against Blackburn & Cardiff we failed to find the net but got back on track in style against Birmingham. We found things difficult to be fair but our class showed with two fantastic goals from Chris Ord and a solid display was rounded off by Bogdan Patrascu. We completely controlled the game against Fulham and I made a few changes as well so was delighted to come away with a 2-0 win.

League Cup 3rd Round

It took extra-time but we got the win in the end. We took the lead through Chris Ord but were pegged back immediately. We then took a 2-1 lead but conceded a late goal to take things to the extra period. In extra-time we took control as Swansea tired and Sinai's first goal from the club and an own goal ensured we booked our place in the 4th Round where we will face Wolves.

September 2025 - Continued

Champions League

A mixed start to our European campaign as we got off to a flyer in Spain with a brilliant 5-0 win. The game against Besiktas was similar to the one against Blackburn in the league. We dominated for large spells, took the lead but then after making 3 substitutions the Turks injured two of our players to leave us with 9 men before scoring a late goal to level things up.
    Last edited by SRL88; 10-04-2012 at 22:22.

Reserves

Great news about Ord!

Great news about Ord!
    Hopefully it will settle everyone at the club to know the captain is signed to a new deal.

Another upgrade complete.

SRL88's Career - October 2025 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

A stinker of an end to our qualifying campaign. I know we had nothing to play for but I was pretty annoyed. The less thats said about these two games the better!!!

We have to friendlies in November away to Greece and Georgia before the World Cup draw is made in December.

Following their failure to reach the World Cup after finishing 3rd in their group, Russia sacked their manager and offered me the role but I am not interested.

Youth Team

No reason to go to Russia when your managing Argentina. Especially with the World Cup so close.

SRL88's Career - October 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

We are really struggling to be honest and I dont know why. You will see in the updates belowe what I mean...but we really are finding things difficult this season. The confidence is dipping and we just cant hang on to a lead. We went ahead against Swansea but they pegged us back immediately. We were only 1-0 up against Wolves until late on but scored two late goals to make it look comfortable while against Arsenal we took the lead, they scored and we were the better side until they scored with just 5 minutes to go. We have a lot of work to do if we are going to win this title and we really need to pull our fingers out.

League Cup 4th Round

Our struggled continued into the Cup when we were beat in extra-time by Wolves. We were leading 2-1 until a last minute goal took things into extra-time and they took scored what turned out to be the winner.

October 2025 - Continued

Champions League

This was the first of our trio of defeats in October. We struggled with the cold in Russia (thats my excuse anyway) and didnt turn up in the first half. I had a go at half time and it seemed to work but our second half performance (and goal) wasnt enough as we went down 2-1. We have the return tie against Anji as well as a trip to Besiktas and a game at home to Betis so hopefully we will qualify.
    Last edited by SRL88; 11-04-2012 at 14:03.

No reason to go to Russia when your managing Argentina. Especially with the World Cup so close.
    Yeah. I didnt even consider it.

Third Team

Nice to see Ord sign a new contract,hope you can overcome the problems you've had in October.

Subs Bench

Bit of a drab start to the season, but there's loads of time to make amends yet.

Nice to see Ord sign a new contract,hope you can overcome the problems you've had in October.
    Best bit of news in what is so far a poor season.

Bit of a drab start to the season, but there's loads of time to make amends yet.
    We should turn it around but both Manchester clubs are going strong.

Youth Team

Even Napoleon got caught in the Russian winter

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Even Napoleon got caught in the Russian winter
    Pesky winter over there put me on a bad run. Players couldnt get the chills out their spines.

Amateur

Excellent career, what are your aims/hopes post-Liverpool?
    Last edited by Golden1807; 11-04-2012 at 22:58.

SRL88's Career - November 2025 - Argentina

Friendlies

Two excellent friendly wins to get the defeats from qualifying out of our system. We played really well in both games and confidence shot back up. We won the game against Greece in the first half with all three goals coming from defender Walter Vera. The second half was basically played at half pace from both sides and we scored a comfortable win. Against Georgia we fell behind but hit back immediately to level things up. I made numerous changes at half time and we bossed the second half, with the winner coming after 53 minutes to give us another win, just a month before the World Cup draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden1807 View Post
    Excellent career, what are you aims/hopes post-Liverpool?
    I want to manage Hoffenheim in Germany so that is a major aim. I wouldnt mind a crack at Spain and at least one of USA, Argentina or Brazil.

Another International job offer following a sides failure to reach the World Cup and once again I am not interested.

I just thought this was worth posting .

SRL88's Career - November 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A really mixed month for us. Our poor form continued away to Leicester but we bounced back with a very nice win over Newcastle. Our turn around in form continued with the destruction of Stoke at the Britannia which saw us lead 5-0 at half time. We added a sixth in the second half to give us a massive win. Our next game came against our biggest rivals and we absolutely dominated them. We took the lead in the first half but Eden Hazard levelled things on the brink of half time. The second half saw wave after wave of Liverpool attack with David De Gea keeping Man Utd in the game ensuring we had to settle for a point. The game against Aston Villa just pissed me off. We were 2-0 up and comfortable, then they had a man sent off and with 10 minutes to go they grabbed a goal to give them hope and turned that hope into reality when they scored in injury time. Lets just say I was ****ing annoyed because if we are going to win this title we arent helping ourselves at all.

November 2025 - Continued

Champions League

Two big wins in Europe ensured that we qualified from our group with a game to spare and go into the final game away to Besiktas needing to at least equal Anji's result to make sure we take top spot in the group. The Anji game was the one which turned our fortunes around in the month as we blew them away with the first of our two 6-0 win's in the month. I rested numerous players for the Betis game but it was easy and we walked to a 4-0 win.
    Last edited by SRL88; 12-04-2012 at 11:11.

Question

2026 FIFA World Cup Draw

I am pretty happy with our group to be honest. We were in pot 3 for the draw, meaning we could have been drawn with the likes of Spain, Germany, England etc so to get Mexico is a pretty pleasing. We have revenge on our mind after they beat us in the Copa America Group Stage so hopefully we can get one back on them. The other two teams, Slovenia and Tunisia should provide us with three points as I am looking to get top spot in this group.

Our Youth Facilities are now listed as state of the art.

Amateur

Maybe your team still hasnt gelled yet

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Maybe your team still hasnt gelled yet
    Even when I play the same side as last season we dont win....so I think its more a confidence thing.

SRL88's Career - December 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

Our troubles continue as we just cant string any results together. This is really turning into a season to forget. Chelsea took advantage of our poor finishing as we went down 2-0. At Goodison we should have won. Once again we took the lead and played the majority of the match against 10 men but they scored late on to grab a point. We god back to winning ways with a hard fought win over Spurs at Anfield but struggled to break down a stubborn West Ham side as chances once again went begging. Our confidence looked shattered against West Brom and even though they are struggling themselves, they took advantage of us and deserved their 3-1 win.

December 2025 - Continued

Champions League

A late goal from us grabbed a point in Turkey in what was an otherwise poor performance. Luckily for us, our second place finish wasnt so bad as we have the best possible draw available against PSG in the First Knockour Round.
    Last edited by SRL88; 12-04-2012 at 15:35.

Reserves

It's refreshing to see you struggling! Makes me feel better about my own abilities. This season is a big challenge for you. Do you think a rebuild might be needed in the summer?

First Team Squad Member

Strange to see you struggling but the others will slip at during the season, I am confident we will see you easy in the 4 before the end of the season.

Subs Bench

Looks like your aims for the league this season need re-evaluating. Maybe just making sure you finish in the top four should be the aim, aswell as doing all you can to lift either the FA Cup or the Champions League?

Reserves

Still time to save it to some extent.

Youth Team

Still a lot of time to bring it around.

Youth Team

As others have said, there's plenty of time to turn things around. At least you've qualified for the knockout rounds of the Champions League; that'll keep the monkey off your back a bit longer.

It's refreshing to see you struggling! Makes me feel better about my own abilities. This season is a big challenge for you. Do you think a rebuild might be needed in the summer?
    Thanks.....I think ha.

I have made a couple of signings in January which will only help strengthen the side. As for the summer Im not sure. I thought we had done some sort of rebuilding in the summer which has just passed but obviously not. I will have to look at the squad closely again.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Strange to see you struggling but the others will slip at during the season, I am confident we will see you easy in the 4 before the end of the season.
    Fingers crossed we are there but I remain confident.

Looks like your aims for the league this season need re-evaluating. Maybe just making sure you finish in the top four should be the aim, aswell as doing all you can to lift either the FA Cup or the Champions League?
    A top 4 finish, adding the FA Cup and a strong run in the Champions League can only be seen as a success in a certain light.

Still time to save it to some extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Still a lot of time to bring it around.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    As others have said, there's plenty of time to turn things around. At least you've qualified for the knockout rounds of the Champions League; that'll keep the monkey off your back a bit longer.
    Cheers lads .

Just thought this was worth posting. Its the second year in a row we have won the U19 European Cup which really shows the strength of the youngsters coming through at the club.

SRL88's Career - January 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A much better month from us as we turned around our fortunes. We battled for the win over Blackburn with Chris Ord at the double. We conceded late on for a tense finish but hung on for a massive 2-1 win. Against Blackpool we dominated but struggled in front of goal but new signing Sammy Black scored on his league debut in the absence of Chris Ord through injury and a second half goal from the returning Celio gave us another 2-1 win. We put in an excellent display against Cardiff to come away 4-0 winners before a trip to Manchester. We found things tough in the first half as City dominated but after words at half time we put in a spirited display in the second half and limited Man City's attack and we finally got our reward in injury time through an Augusto penalty to claim a big 1-1 draw.

FA Cup 3rd & 4th Rounds

We managed to get through a very tight tie against Spurs thanks to a replay and a goal from Scott Kironde to set up a tie against League 1 side Derby. Sammy Black was the star of the show with a hat-trick in an easy tie which saw us have 24 shots at goal to there 0. This sets up a 5th Round tie at home to Wolves.

Transfers - In

Two signings for us in January to help strengthen and hopefully help turn around what has been a poor season thus far.

Sammy Black - £8.5m - A striker signed from Celtic who has made a good start to his Anfield career. He will mainly be used as a back-up to Ord but in his abscence has done a solid job.

Ganso - £18.5m - Signed from Arsenal for a big price tag but looks a solid signing. I was looking to add quality to the midfield and this guy fitted the bill so we snapped him up from an Arsenal side who are in a period of selling at the club.

Transfers - Out

A couple of loans out for first team experience but the month also saw the twisty Mark Hunter leave the club to join Dutch giants Ajax. He had been moaning about first team football despite only being a back-up and also wanted a contract at a whopping £70k p/w which I wasnt prepared to go near so I cashed in on him and made a profit from when we signed him.

Reserves

That's more like it.

That's more like it.
    About time as well.

Talk about a day for away teams in the Premiership.

Semi Pro

Prize to anyone who can pronounce the name of the Blackburn scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    Prize to anyone who can pronounce the name of the Blackburn scorer.
    I am going to say Kolodziejczyk .

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I am going to say Kolodziejczyk .
    That's typing it, not pronouncing it

Youth Team

Koh-lodss-yay-chick.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    yay-chick.
    I know what you mean there :P

SRL88's Career - February 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A perfect month. Three wins and no goals conceded. Our football isnt as flowing as it has been in the last few seasons but confidence is slowly being restored. We started the month with a win over Birmingham in a game which we completely dominated but nearly threw away. We gave away a last minute penalty only for them Ojeda to save it and hand us all three points. We travelled to Fulham in our next game and won a hard fought battle with the strugglers. Fuska gave us the lead with a neat finish before Sammy Black continued his fine form since signing for us to give us a 2-0 win. We went to The Liberty to conclude our league month and got a solid 2-0 win there to climb up to fourth in the table.

February 2026 - Continued

FA Cup 5th Round

A solid win over Wolves see's us into the next round. We made hard work of it but got the job done. We have the hardest task possible now as we face Man City away from home in the Quater-Final.

P.S. Darlington .

Champions Leaue 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

We hold a nice lead for the return leg in Paris thanks to a battling display at Anfield. We took the lead mid-way through the second half thanks to an own goal and looked set to have to settle for a slender lead, but the returning Chris Ord scored in injury time to make it 2-0 and make things look a lot better.
    Last edited by SRL88; 13-04-2012 at 13:48.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast