+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,400 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    I can just hear it now...

Generic Chelsea advisor: "Mr Abramovich, after our dismay collapse this season, I believe the answer to our problems is Paul Dickov. This a man of fine footballing pedigree having managed such fine clubs as Oldham Athletic!"
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Probably fired everyone else.
    Haha. No more managers available. Paul Dickov probably did the best job as well. They have had a few shocking appointments mind.

SRL88's Career - November 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A really good month for us despite our first defeat of the season to our bitter rivals. We put in a really impressive display against Cardiff before a tough battle agiainst Blackburn. We really had to dig deep but managed to come away with all three points. Leicester was just one of them games. We dominated but struggled to find the lethal touch, but a late Chris Ord goal gave us all three points. We played really well against Man Utd as well. We set ourselves up to soak up any pressure they put on us and hit them on the counter and it worked a treat. We found ourselves a goal up but a Rob Wilson sending off in the first half hit us hard. We hung on in there but after making all three substitutions we received an injury which resulted in us playing the last 25 minutes with 9 men and thats when Man Utd took advantage. I cant fault the effort though and I am really pleased with our performances so far.

November 2023 - Continued

Champions League

Two fantastic away performances in Europe seals top spot in the group with a game to go. We put in a very disciplined performance in Milan to come away with a point before we travelled to Greece. We fell behind but battled our way back into the game and grabbed a big 3-1 win.
    Last edited by SRL88; 22-03-2012 at 23:29.

SRL88's Career - December 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A pretty frustrating December for us in more ways than one. We should have destroyed WBA but just couldnt find the back of the net. We then travelled to The Emirates and former Arsenal player Scott Kironde scored a late goal to give us all three points. In the Merseyside Derby we battered Everton. We fell behind but Chris Ord and a late Rob Wilson goal looked to have sealed all three points, but with just their 2nd shot at goal they scored late on to grab a draw which they didnt deserve. We came from behind against Sunderland to grab a draw of our own and then finished off 2023 with two much needed wins against Stoke & Wolves to see us top the league going into 2024.

League Cup Quater Final

A straightforward win over QPR sets up a game against Norwich in the Semi-Final. We really should be looking to win this competition from here.

December 2023 - Continued

Champions League

Another fine win over Sporting see's us end a very impressive group phase for us. Sadly however, we have such a 'tricky' tie in the First Knockout Round.
    Last edited by SRL88; 22-03-2012 at 23:46.

A pretty good year for the main man .

Subs Bench

You've been a busy boy!

A cuple of good months there, though the draws you are having may hold you back when it gets to the latter stages of the season! You need to start putting teams to the sword!

EDIT - Chris Ord, my footballing hero.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    You've been a busy boy!

A cuple of good months there, though the draws you are having may hold you back when it gets to the latter stages of the season! You need to start putting teams to the sword!

EDIT - Chris Ord, my footballing hero.
    Yeah its been a tough couple of months with fixtures coming thick and fast. Ive also had a few injuries/suspensions to contend with as well.

Chris Ord is probably the best regen forward I have had. He has been unbelievable in the 3 1/2 seasons I have had him.

Reserves

I think Barca is a winnable tie.

Third Team

Excellent first half of the season,hope you can carry on that form and beat Barca.Also well done Chris Ord winning World Player of the Year.

I think Barca is a winnable tie.
    I think we have a good chance, its just we got the worst possible draw.

Barca have struggled quite often in La Liga as my end of season post(s) show.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Excellent first half of the season,hope you can carry on that form and beat Barca.Also well done Chris Ord winning World Player of the Year.
    Cheers BWG .

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post

A pretty good year for the main man .
    I can only dream that we'll have a striker like this in real life one day again

I can only dream that we'll have a striker like this in real life one day again
    Would have been nice this season if we had a striker who could put the ball in the back of the net .

Reserves

At least without needing 1000 shots.

At least without needing 1000 shots.
    Ord only needs 1 . Lethal forward.

SRL88's Career - January 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

An absolutely fantastic month for us. I really couldnt have asked for more. Following a tough Christmas period we started the new year with a trip to London against a Chelsea who were sitting in 4th at the time. Although they fell down to 10 men, we got our tactics spot on and deserved a 1-0 win. We followed this up with a comfortable win over Wigan before a trip to the City of Manchester. We put a fantastic disciplined a brilliant 2-1 and my first win away to Man City as Liverpool manager. We also followed that up with a comfortable with over Aston Villa to give us a 100% record in January to open up a bit of a gap at the top of the table.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Well it took a replay, much to my annoyance, but we managed to comfortably beat Boro to move into the 4th Round where we will face Crawley.

January 2024 - Continued

League Cup Semi-Final

So we are into the League Cup Final. Norwich put up a good fight in the first leg but we were always in control and deserved our 4-2 win. A straight forward second leg victory sends us into the Final where we will face struggling Premiership side Cardiff.

Transfer - In

Davidson - £29.5m - Just the one signing in January and for a pretty big fee. I have been chasing him for a few seasons however and once interest from Real Madrid & Bayern Munich picked up I had to go for him. Im really pleased with this signing and he should turn out to be a bargain.

Transfers - Out

And just the one outbound player as well. Its not one that I really wanted but for a couple of years now he has been whinging that he wants a new challenge and once he started to request a contract termination I had no choice. Only Man City & Arsenal showed interest and he opted for City. Pretty pleased to get £8m for a 29yo though.
    Last edited by SRL88; 24-03-2012 at 16:01.

Always helps .

I love it when players break records when I am in charge .

Another monthly award for me.

Just a bit of a shock in the FA Cup .

Reserves

Great stuff in cups.

Great stuff in cups.
    Cheers fella.

Chris Ord =

Reserves

Ord is awesomeness personified in an FM player.

Ord is awesomeness personified in an FM player.
    Chris Ord is an FM God.

Final

Road to Wembley

Cardiff

An excellent run to the Final for the Bluebirds. The Premier League strugglers have despatched some big names en route in Chelsea, Man Utd and high flying Leicester. They had to come from behind to defeat Bolton but more than deserve their place in the Wembley show down.

Liverpool

A pretty comfortable run for us which Championship side Crawley being our only tough tie. They gave us a proper cup tie as we had to battle for a 1-0 win but everything else was pretty straight forward.

Summary

A very comfortable Final as it was a question of when and not if we would score. We dominated the entire game and could have won by more. I wont whinge however and will happily take lifting the first trophy of the season.
    Last edited by SRL88; 25-03-2012 at 00:29.

oooops. Excuse my mistake for those who saw it.....for those who didnt, ignore this post .

Semi Pro

Kept up with the past seasons now after a few weeks of being away from reading a few threads, that season where you lost the FA Cup on penalties then the league on goal difference was astonishingly unlucky, I bet Europe's feeling a little frustrating by now too (best of luck for Barcelona) but surely starting to dominate the domestic scene, well done.

What's the plan, stick to Liverpool until you win a Champions League? Could be forever at this rate. (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Kept up with the past seasons now after a few weeks of being away from reading a few threads, that season where you lost the FA Cup on penalties then the league on goal difference was astonishingly unlucky, I bet Europe's feeling a little frustrating by now too (best of luck for Barcelona) but surely starting to dominate the domestic scene, well done.

What's the plan, stick to Liverpool until you win a Champions League? Could be forever at this rate. (just kidding)
    I want to win the Champions League yes, but I also would like to catch Man Utd's record of 25 league titles (we have 21). Whether or not I will complete the second challenge is another thing.

2023/24 Youth Intake

Ashim Ghosh - ★★★ - Has some decent stats but still has a lot of improving to do.

Chris McKinnon - ★★★ - Another with some alright stats.

David Kay - ★★★ - A very good prospect at full back. I will be developing him as best as I can.

David Lane - ★★★★ - Rated very highly and looks pretty average. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Joe Flint - ★★★★ - The best of the prospects to come through. Really looking forward to see how he develops.

John Holland - ★★ - Ok player, but worth signing him.

Neil Gibb - ★★★ - Good potential in the centre of defence in this guy.

Paul Smyth - ★★ - Another worth signing up despite not being highly rated.

Tinashe Sweswe - ★★ - As above.

Looks like the increase in Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching, as well as the improvements to our Youth Facilities are really starting to show an impact.

Another milestone reached.

SRL88's Career - February & March 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A decent couple of months for us, despite the two defeats. We started February with a fantastic win away to Tottenham thanks to a Chris Ord double. Next was a tough tie against Swansea but we battled our way through to grab a 2-1 win. Newcastle put up a stubborn effort to deny us all three points, but once again Chris Ord was the difference. Our defeat away to Blackpool came a few days before the League Cup Final so I rested a few players and we also went down to 10 men pretty early so we done well to keep up with a well organised Blackpool side.

March kicked off with us coming from a goal down to beat West Ham at home thanks to three second half goals. We then beat Cardiff in impressive fashion with a Chris Ord hat-trick the standout. A disappointing draw at home to Blackburn followed. We struggled all game until Ord gave us the lead. We then dominated and missed a penalty which resulted in Blackburn having a man sent off. Then they scored an injury time goal to **** me off pretty badly. I think that had an effect on us because we were shocking away to high flying Leicester but thats not an excuse. We should have done better but didnt really get into the game and we were lucky to just lose by one goal.

FA Cup 4th Round, 5th Round & Quater-Final

Two nice wins over Crawley and Wycombe who gave our youngsters a proper FA Cup tie. These helped us get into the Quater-Final where we had a battle on our hands against Blackpool. In a very end to end game we had to settle for a replay at Anfield.

February & March 2024 - Continued

League Cup Final

A comfortable Final as you can get really. We deserved victory and lifted the first trophy of the season.

Champions League First Knockout Round

Get in!!! Two brilliant performances against the Spanish giants. We got our tactics spot on at the Nou Camp to frustrate them but yet also cause them many problems and deserved to come away with at least a draw. At Anfield we did require Extra Time but we battered them. I have never seen Barcelona be dominated so much at all as we had 24 shots at goal and 70% of the possession. Victory was even sweeter as Barcelona were managed by Rafa Benitez at the time.

Our result for this fantastic win see's us drawn against another Spanish giant..............Real Madrid in what is a very open Quater-Final. If we manage to ge through that we will face either Dortmund or Sampdoria in the Semi-Final.
    Last edited by SRL88; 25-03-2012 at 18:24.

Reserves

That'll be a relief.

That'll be a relief.
    If we get past Madrid we deserve to win it.

SRL88's Career - April 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A really tough month for us. Not only did we have two big derby's but we had a lot of games elsewhere as well. We deserved to beat Man Utd but couldnt grab that second goal. The WBA & Everton results were fair as we find ourselves sat just a point behind Man Utd with 4 games to go and a game in hand.

Our run in consists of Sunderland (h), Stoke (a), Arsenal (h) and Wolves (h). I feel that we need to win all 4 games to win the league.

FA Cup Quater-Final Replay & Semi Final

An excellent win against Blackpool booked us a place at Wembley. We didnt really turn up until the second half against Chelsea but when we did we blew them away. They had missed numerous chances and that proved pivotal. Chris Ord was the difference as we sealed the win and booked our place in the Final against Blackburn.

April 2024 - Continued

Champions League Quater & Semi Final's

YES!!!! Absolutely fantastic. We have came through one of the toughest routes possible, but we have done it. We beat Madrid and probably deservidly so at Anfield thanks to the main man and then I pulled a Rafa Benitez out of the hat and put together a fantastic tactical set-up to frustrate Madrid as we went through on the away goals rule to set up a tie against Sampdoria. The Semi-Final was a lot more straight forward and we booked our place in the Final against the team who knocked us out in the Quater-Final last season, Bayern Munich.
    Last edited by SRL88; 26-03-2012 at 10:40.

How many more records can this guy set?

Amateur

Definitely think you're capable of the clean sweep, what's United's run in like?

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Definitely think you're capable of the clean sweep, what's United's run in like?
    We have a chance, but its going to be tough with all the fixtures we have in such a short space of time.

Im not exactly sure of Man Utd's run-in because Im at work, but I know their only tough game is away to Leicester on the final day.

Reserves

Not an easy task to beat them then with that easy run-in they have.

Not an easy task to beat them then with that easy run-in they have.
    Yeah its going to be difficult which is why I think we need to win our remaining games. 3 home fixtures is nice and we should take maximum points in each of them, but I have a feeling we will find it tricky away to Stoke.

Third Team

Come on United!

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Come on United!
    *f*ck you* .

Subs Bench

Great stuff in the Champions League - now make sure you finish the job and beat Bayern!

Great stuff in the Champions League - now make sure you finish the job and beat Bayern!
    Cheers Tom. Its going to be tricky because they knocked us out last season but I felt we were the better side. Should be competitive and hoping the fact that we have 4 league games and an FA Cup Final before the Champions League Final doesnt affect us. We have a 3 day break in between each game until the last league game of the season.

Third Team

Excellent run in the cups and good luck in the finals,hope you can beat Utd to the title as well!

Excellent run in the cups and good luck in the finals,hope you can beat Utd to the title as well!
    Cheers fella. I aim to make you proud .

First Team Squad Member

Just been catching up with this, had no internet for awhile. Couldn't have had a harder route in the Champions League. Not seen a team on FM12 do as bad as Wigan, how poor is their squad?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Just been catching up with this, had no internet for awhile. Couldn't have had a harder route in the Champions League. Not seen a team on FM12 do as bad as Wigan, how poor is their squad?
    Cheers mate. Im really chuffed with how we played against the Spanish giants.

Based on Wigan, their squad is a decent Championship club at best. Based on appearences their starting 11 would be:

Adam Sawadogo
    Andreas Stray - Lee Wood - Danny Pearsons - Fernando Cruz
    James Kearney - Mats Daehli - Jaka Krajnc - Axiers Farias
    Lucas Romero - Pablo Rodriguez

Reserves

They don't look quite that bad, but still relegation candidates.

FA Cup Final

Road to Wembley

Liverpool

We needed a couple of replays to reach the Final and also got away with a poor performance in the Semi-Final against Chelsea so we're pretty lucky really. We were impressive in the replay against Boro and against Crawley, Wycombe and also the replay against Blackpool who gave us a big test at Bloomfield Road.

Blackburn

Blackburn also needed a replay to get through but they had some impressive displays following the Sheffield Wednesday result. A nice win over Wolves was followed by a fantastic display and result at Old Trafford. The Semi-Final saw them dispatch of West Ham following a fantastic comeback. They were 2-1 down until the final 10 minutes and 2 goals capped off the comeback as they reached the Final.

Summary

We got there in the end but had a slight scare. Chris Ord was injured for the game (and will be out until the Champions League Final). Rob Wilson led the line fantastically well and grabbed himself a brace. We were the better side but Blackburn came into the game the further it went on and in stoppage time hit the post and had a couple of other chances. Still, to lift our second trophy of the season with two more to play for is very impressive.

They don't look quite that bad, but still relegation candidates.
    There are a couple of stinkers and the rest if the of the squad is shocking.

Made me eat my words didnt they .

Semi Pro

Congrats for the double of cups, this is setting up to be a quite exciting finale, did very well to go past both Barça and Real so probably deserve to win the Champions League at last, but can't approach a giant like Bayern with complacency.

Reserves

Just as well it wasn't against you like it was at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Congrats for the double of cups, this is setting up to be a quite exciting finale, did very well to go past both Barça and Real so probably deserve to win the Champions League at last, but can't approach a giant like Bayern with complacency.
    Cheers . Im really nervous about the Bayern game actually. We have just got back Chris Ord & one of our main centre halves from injury and also miss our other centre half and a couple of others through injury. Going to be tough.

I dont want to talk about that .

Road to the Final

Liverpool

Group Stage

[

A comfortable passage into the knockout phase for us in impressive fashion. We played really well throughout including a fantastic result away to Sporting. Inter gave us two tough games as expected but we deserved 4pts against them and topped the group.

Knockout Phase

We had an even better knockout phase. I dont think I have ever seen a tougher route to a Final before but hey we did it. We played brilliant over the two legs against Barcelona with a brilliant tactical performance in the Nou Camp before deservidly beating them in Extra Time at Anfield in a dominant display. Against Madrid we just about deserved victory at home and as mentioned I pulled a Rafa Benitez to in a very tactical and disciplined display to go through. The Semi-Final was pretty straight forward as we knocked out Sampdoria to book our place in the Final in Russia.
    Last edited by SRL88; 26-03-2012 at 20:52.

Road to the Final

Bayern Munich

Group Stage

A pretty comfortable passage through the group stage for Bayern despite a couple of defeats. They deserved to book their place in the knockout phase and were helped by two big wins.

Knockout Phase

Well they got to the Final but nearly threw it away...especially against Marseille. Despite a nice win in the first leg they nearly went out against Marseille and probably should have but managed to go through on penalties. They required a bit comeback against PSV before finally putting in an impressive two legs against Inter Milan to book themselves a trip to Russia.
    Last edited by SRL88; 26-03-2012 at 20:57.

The Final

What an achievement!!! I cant believe how good this makes me feel. In what was a very even game we came out on top on penalties to complete a famous quadruple. Chris Ord, back from injury gave us the lead in the second half and we took charge from them. However, on the counter Bayern drew level and it was them on top for the last 15 minutes but with no change, we went to Extra Time.

In the extra period things were pretty even and Bayern resorted to dirty tactics, kicking lumps out of our players but to no real effect as we both had to settle for penalties. Chris Ord started the scoring for us and they missed their first penalty. Augusto, Marcelo Chafer & Dan Cousin's scored our next three (they scored their next two) and that left Thomas Muller to blaze over to give us our 7th Champions League Trophy overall.
    Last edited by SRL88; 26-03-2012 at 21:21.

Keep an eye out because I should have the Final up on here soon.

There you go .

SRL88's Career - May 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A perfect month for us gives us our third league title in four seasons (sorry, I gave it away in the previous post ). We dominated procedings against Sunderland to grab a 4-1 win and as expected had a battle on our hands against Stoke but a huuuuuuuuuuge 3-2 win put us in pole position with 2 games to go. Arsenal put up a fight which wasnt helped thanks to injuries we had and after we took a 2-0 lead they injured 2 of our players to leave us with 9 men which is when they scored. Wolves was pretty straight forwardas Fuska scored a hat-trick to crown us PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!

May 2024 - Continued

FA Cup Final

A tough battle in the FA Cup Final, but a battle we deserved to win. Without the ever present Chris Ord our task was a little more difficult but we still claimed a big win to claim our 2nd FA Cup trophy under my management.

Champions League Final

We also claimed the Champions League trophy on penalties much to my delight. I wont cover this, instead....look up.

Up to date boys & girls .

Because I deserve it.

And because he is mint .

Third Team

Excellent season all round and nice to see Utd muck it up

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2023/24 - Liverpool FC

Premier League - Results 1 - Results 2 (1st - CHAMPIONS)

Excellent work over the course of the season. We got a bit sloppy going into February/March time and ended up behind Man Utd with 4 games to go (1 being a game in hand). We put a brilliant May together though and ended the season with 4 big, big wins in a row to clinch the league title on the last day against Wolves.

FA Cup (Winners)

We needed a couple of replays and luckily got through the Semi-Final, there is no denying that. We deserved to beat Blackburn though to lift the FA Cup for the 2nd time under my management.

League Cup (Winners)

A pretty straight forward route to Wembley and a comprehensive win over Cardiff in the Final.

Community Shield (Winners)

Following a 1-1 draw in the season opener we beat Man Utd on penalties.

Champions League (Winners)

We topped our group pretty easily in honest, but in the group stage things really picked up. We put in fantastic performances against Barcelona and Real Madrid before beating Sampdoria in the Semi-Final. Against Bayern in the Final we had to rely on penalties following an even game but managed to lift our 5th trophy of the season.

Transfers - Finances

A lot of major transfer activity in terms of personel but overall I was pretty happy with our business. Some really good signings and pleased with the money we brought in.
    The finances look pretty healthy and we havent even got the mass amount of money from our sponsorship yet. Really looking good.

Squad

Im really pleased with our squad. There is just one player (Alaba) over 30yo so this squad could be together for a few more years.

My Top 3 Players

Soren Oczipka - Really came into his own the full-back. A fantastic season.
    Sergio Diaz - Our leader at the back. Turning into a club legend.
    Chris Ord - What else is there really to say about this guy??? Nothing.....so just take a look.

Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  Team            | League                  |  Country | League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2011/12 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 5th             |  Play-Off Quater Finalists                        |
    | 2012/13 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 3rd             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists                          |
    | 2013/14 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 4th             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists, FA Trophy Runners-Up,   |
                                                                                           Appointed in October                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 2nd             |  Promoted via Play-Offs, FA Trophy Runners-Up     |
    | 2015/16 |  Darlington      | League Two              |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2016/17 |  Darlington      | League One              |  England | 5th             |  Promoted via Play-Offs                           |
    | 2017/18 |  Blackpool       | Championship            |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted via Play-Off's                          |
    | 2018/19 |  Blackpool       | Premier League          |  England | -               |  Resigned in November                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 10th            |  Appointed in November, FA Cup Winners            |
    | 2019/20 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 4th             |  FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up,           |
                                                                                           Champions League Qualification                   |
    | 2020/21 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League & FA Cup Winners                  |
                                                                                           League Cup & Europa League Runners-Up            |
    | 2021/22 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 2nd             |  Premier League & FA Cup Runners-Up               |
                                                                                           League Cup & Champions League Semi-Final         |
    | 2022/23 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League Winners                           |
    | 2023/24 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League, FA, Carling Cup                  |
                                                                                           Community Shield & Champions League Winners      |
    Next Season?

If we can achieve anything towards what we have this season it will be a massive achievement. We have 22 titles and Man Utd are on 25. Slowly we are closing them down.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Kirklareli Spor

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League                  |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2013/14 |  Second Division Group A |  11th            |  -                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Second Division Group A |  9th             |  -                             |
    | 2015/16 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2016/17 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2017/18 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  Second Division Group A |  3rd             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2020/21 |  Second Division Group A |  7th             |  -                             |
    | 2021/22 |  Second Division Group A |  10th            |  -                             |
    | 2022/23 |  Second Division Group A |  4th             |  Promoted via Play-Off's       |
    | 2023/24 |  First Division          |  13th            |  -                             |
    Great first season for the Turks at this level.

Darlington FC

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2017/18 |  Championship      |  24th            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2018/19 |  League One        |  20th            |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  League One        |  8th             |  -                             |
    | 2020/21 |  League One        |  3rd             |  Play-Off Winners, Promoted    |
    | 2021/22 |  Championship      |  22nd            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2022/23 |  League One        |  17th            |  -                             |
    | 2023/24 |  League One        |  14th            |  -                             |
    Lots of change at the Darlington Arena. A new manager and a new Chairman but slow steps upwards.

Blackpool FC

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2018/19 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Resigned in November, Relegated, Carling Cup SF  |
    | 2019/20 |  Championship      |  13th            |  -                                                |
    | 2020/21 |  Championship      |  2nd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  19th            |  Relegated                                        |
    | 2022/23 |  Championship      |  1st             |  Champions                                        |
    | 2023/24 |  Premier League    |  12th            |  -                                                |
    A cracking season back at this level. Lets hope they dont suffer 2nd season syndrome.

Aston Villa

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                       |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2020/21 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  Carling Cup SF              |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  7th             |  -                           |
    | 2022/23 |  Premier League    |  11th            |  -                           |
    | 2023/24 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  -                           |
    A good season compared to last for Villa and they are back in European football.
    Last edited by SRL88; 26-03-2012 at 22:24.

A Look Around The World

Club - Domestic

English Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2012/13 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Liverpool
    2013/14 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man Utd
    2014/15 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2015/16 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2016/17 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2017/18 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Liverpool 3rd Chelsea
    2018/19 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2019/20 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Sunderland
    2020/21 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Arsenal
    2021/22 - 1st Man City 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2022/23 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Chelsea
    2023/24 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Man City

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Everton
    2012/13 - Winners West Ham Runners-Up Liverpool
    2013/14 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Norwich
    2014/15 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Birmingham
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Barnsley
    2016/17 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Chelsea
    2017/18 - Winners Everton Runners-Up Arsenal
    2018/19 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Leicester
    2019/20 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Stoke
    2021/22 - Winners Newcastle Runners-Up Liverpool
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Tottenham
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Blackburn

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Fulham Runners-Up Reading
    2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up West Brom
    2013/14 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Chelsea
    2014/15 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2016/17 - Winners West Brom Runners-Up Man City
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Man City
    2018/19 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Norwich
    2019/20 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2020/21 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Wolves
    2022/23 - Winners Stoke Runners-Up Swansea
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Cardiff

La Liga

2011/12 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athletic Club
    2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Villarreal
    2013/14 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Athletic Club 3rd Barcelona
    2014/15 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia
    2015/16 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At. Madrid
    2016/17 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid
    2017/18 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd At.Madrid
    2018/19 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Malaga
    2019/20 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At.Madrid
    2020/21 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2021/22 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2022/23 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Betis 3rd Real Madrid
    2023/24 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Getafe

Bundesliga

2011/12 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Werder Bremen 3rd Schalke
    2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2013/14 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Dortmund 3rd Bayern Munich
    2014/15 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2015/16 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2016/17 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2017/18 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Leverkusen 3rd Dortmund
    2018/19 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Dortmund
    2019/20 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Hoffenheim
    2020/21 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hannover 3rd Leverkusen
    2021/22 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Freiburg 3rd Leverkusen
    2022/23 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Freiburg
    2023/24 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hoffenheim 3rd Leverkusen

Serie A

2011/12 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Lazio
    2012/13 - 1st Inter 2nd Juventus 3rd Napoli
    2013/14 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Juventus
    2014/15 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Sampdoria
    2015/16 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Parma 3rd Palermo
    2016/17 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina
    2017/18 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Cagliari 3rd Juventus
    2018/19 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Sampdoria 3rd Fiorentina
    2019/20 - 1st Palermo 2nd Inter 3rd AC Milan
    2020/21 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Sampdoria
    2021/22 - 1st Fiorentina 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan
    2022/23 - 1st Inter 2nd AC Milan 3rd Sampdoria
    2023/24 - 1st Sampdoria 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan

French Ligue 1

2011/12 - 1st Valenciennes 2nd Bordeaux 3rd Marseille
    2012/13 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Sochaux
    2013/14 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2014/15 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2015/16 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille
    2016/17 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2017/18 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2018/19 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2019/20 - 1st PSG 2nd Toulouse 3rd Lyon
    2020/21 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2021/22 - 1st Toulouse 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2022/23 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2023/24 - 1st Bordeaux 2nd Lyon 3rd Auxerre

Club - Europe

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Man Utd
    2012/13 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2013/14 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2014/15 - Winners PSG Runners-Up Barcelona
    2015/16 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up At. Madrid
    2016/17 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2018/19 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Arsenal
    2019/20 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Barcelona
    2020/21 - Winners Marseille Runners-Up Palermo
    2021/22 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2023/24 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Rubin Kazan
    2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Porto
    2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Napoli
    2014/15 - Winners Benfica Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2015/16 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2016/17 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Roma
    2017/18 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Lyon
    2018/19 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Tottenham
    2019/20 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Porto Runners-Up Toulouse
    2022/23 - Winners Inter Runners-Up PSG
    2023/24 - Winners Stuttgart Runners-Up Stoke

International

World Cup

2014 - Winners France Runners-Up Ghana 3rd Place England Hosts Brazil
    2018 - Winners France Runners-Up Belgium 3rd Place Spain Hosts Russia
    2022 - Winners Germany Runners-Up Italy 3rd Place Mexico Hosts Qatar

European Championships

2012 - Winners Germany Runners-Up France Hosts Ukraine/Poland
    2016 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Belgium Hosts France
    2020 - Winners Croatia Runners-Up Russia Hosts Belgium
    2024 - Winners France Runners-Up Romania Hosts Spain
    Last edited by SRL88; 30-03-2012 at 20:47.

Up to date .

Excellent season all round and nice to see Utd muck it up
    Cheers . Its always nice beating United to something .

More work on the way.

Subs Bench

Amazing season, I take my hat off to you.

Amateur

this has been a fantastic read on my first visit to this part of the forum, i have always been a massive fan of starting unemployed and with no reputation in the game, you have shown how it is done perfectly. Shame for me however having to read numerous updates about liverpool winning trophies haha

I will be looking into creating my own version of this and attempt to emulate the success you have

keep up the good work

Amateur

Wow been following this thread the whole way and what an achievement, also your team looks like it might keep the success going for another few seasons as well, Ord is just out of this world and has a few seasons left in him!!
    How much further would you like to go on with this Lpool side? Will you leave in the next few seasons? Usually when If I began to dominate I become bored and look elsewhere for a challenge!!
    How you get through seasons so quickly is outstanding, do you just leave the commentary on in games you seem to fly through seasons or play quite a lot haha?

Reserves

Wow, you sure lucked out

Amazing season, I take my hat off to you.
    Cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by II McColl II View Post
    this has been a fantastic read on my first visit to this part of the forum, i have always been a massive fan of starting unemployed and with no reputation in the game, you have shown how it is done perfectly. Shame for me however having to read numerous updates about liverpool winning trophies haha

I will be looking into creating my own version of this and attempt to emulate the success you have

keep up the good work
    Cheers mate. I will let you off for the disrespectful comment regarding Liverpool .

Quote Originally Posted by Talty31 View Post
    Wow been following this thread the whole way and what an achievement, also your team looks like it might keep the success going for another few seasons as well, Ord is just out of this world and has a few seasons left in him!!
    How much further would you like to go on with this Lpool side? Will you leave in the next few seasons? Usually when If I began to dominate I become bored and look elsewhere for a challenge!!
    How you get through seasons so quickly is outstanding, do you just leave the commentary on in games you seem to fly through seasons or play quite a lot haha?
    I initially set out my target to topple Man Utd's record of 25 titles which is another 4 league titles away but Im not 100% sure if that will happen. I think I will take the side as far as I probably can without over-spending. Definitely another 2-3 seasons in this side and then I will consider moving on. I would like to add another European Cup to the collection to.

Wow, you sure lucked out
    Haha. We did, but fully deserved the quadruple. Excellent season!!

Reserves

I love keeping up with Kirklarelispor. Seems you laid some decent foundations there.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    I love keeping up with Kirklarelispor. Seems you laid some decent foundations there.
    So do I actually, been thinking I should add how my previus clubs have been doing in my thread!

Also in reply to this. Sorry I forgot in the previous post. I have the game on key moments and watch it in 2D at the fastest speed. Im actually a pretty slow player I think bu thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    So do I actually, been thinking I should add how my previus clubs have been doing in my thread!
    I like adding that part in as well. I didnt actually do it at first if you look at my time with Darlington, but Snake does it in his career and I liked that so I copied .

Reserves

I've been thinking about it on and off since the start of 'From Blyth to Barcelona', felt that might end up encompassing rather a lot of clubs so didn't apart from rare mentions of a few noteworthy things.

I've been thinking about it on and off since the start of 'From Blyth to Barcelona', felt that might end up encompassing rather a lot of clubs so didn't apart from rare mentions of a few noteworthy things.
    I think that sometimes myself, but it keeps me interested with how my previous clubs are doing.

Part-Timer

Been reading everyday SRL88, a bit of lurking for a while! You're doing great, glad you got your dream job, so to speak. Have you ever thought about moving abroad again?

Quote Originally Posted by malikoi View Post
    Been reading everyday SRL88, a bit of lurking for a while! You're doing great, glad you got your dream job, so to speak. Have you ever thought about moving abroad again?
    Haha. I have noticed that you have been in but never posted *FU* ha.

Yeah I want to move abroad. One of my aims is to manage Hoffenheim (not that I havent managed them plenty lately) so I want to go to Germany...but I would also love to crack Spain and Barcelona seems a real possibility because they are constantly sacking their manager and I am always favourite for it.

I would also like to try a different continent to.

Reserves

I think that sometimes myself, but it keeps me interested with how my previous clubs are doing.
    I know, I always subscribe to them (and previously, a lot of players as well, though not any more), and might start doing a brief round-up.

Part-Timer

Haha. I have noticed that you have been in but never posted *FU* ha.

Yeah I want to move abroad. One of my aims is to manage Hoffenheim (not that I havent managed them plenty lately) so I want to go to Germany...but I would also love to crack Spain and Barcelona seems a real possibility because they are constantly sacking their manager and I am always favourite for it.

I would also like to try a different continent to.
    Haha, sorry.

Who many more years are you wanting to stay with Liverpool then? Has the Hoffenheim job ever come up for you? Barce would also be a good job, no Leo Messi now though!

Im guessing you mean South America then? The other continents don't reall have good teams do they?

I know, I always subscribe to them (and previously, a lot of players as well, though not any more), and might start doing a brief round-up.
    I dont think it needs to be anything more than brief if you decide to do it.

Haha, sorry.

Who many more years are you wanting to stay with Liverpool then? Has the Hoffenheim job ever come up for you? Barce would also be a good job, no Leo Messi now though!

Im guessing you mean South America then? The other continents don't reall have good teams do they?
    Im not sure. As mentioned when I finished my first season with Liverpool....and also when people have asked, I stated that I wanted to overhaul Man Utd's 25 league titles and we're on 22 now. Just depends if I get bored beforehand. At the moment that doesnt look likely probably because of Chris Ord . If I win the league for the next 3 seasons in a row I will probably stay for a 4th to topple United.

Messi is still at Barca actually....although he is 36 ha. South America would be the most likely destination, but I do have the A-League & MLS loaded and may have a crack at one of them as well.

Hoffenheim have sacked two managers since I have taken charge at Liverpool. They had a good season the last year though, finishing 2nd to Bayern, but by quite some distance.

Part-Timer

Im not sure. As mentioned when I finished my first season with Liverpool....and also when people have asked, I stated that I wanted to overhaul Man Utd's 25 league titles and we're on 22 now. Just depends if I get bored beforehand. At the moment that doesnt look likely probably because of Chris Ord . If I win the league for the next 3 seasons in a row I will probably stay for a 4th to topple United.

Messi is still at Barca actually....although he is 36 ha. South America would be the most likely destination, but I do have the A-League & MLS loaded and may have a crack at one of them as well.

Hoffenheim have sacked two managers since I have taken charge at Liverpool. They had a good season the last year though, finishing 2nd to Bayern, but by quite some distance.
    Ah yea I remember you saying that now, good thing to take it away from United, bad that it'll be Liverpool replacing them! Chris Ord does look like a monster, looks the perfect poacher to me?

Oh wow he is? Bet he's pretty ineffectual now though? Would you rather go to Argentina or Brazil if you went to South America? I always thought it would be fun to be Boca, always liked them!

Ah yea I remember you saying that now, good thing to take it away from United, bad that it'll be Liverpool replacing them! Chris Ord does look like a monster, looks the perfect poacher to me?

Oh wow he is? Bet he's pretty ineffectual now though? Would you rather go to Argentina or Brazil if you went to South America? I always thought it would be fun to be Boca, always liked them!
    Yeah I play Chris Ord as a poacher. Clinical forward . I have paid the £55m off that I signed him for so that doesnt doesnt cripple my balance every month. He does however take £200k p/w away and £20k per goal which based on the season just passed is £1.1m just off goals.

He hasnt played much in the last 2-3 seasons but he is still getting around 5-10 games. He was World Player of the Year when he was 32yo. Im not sure about which South American country to be honest. I like quite a few teams in Brazil but their league sounds very complicated.
    Last edited by SRL88; 28-03-2012 at 16:42.

Youth Team

I've had this weekend erased from my memory, so I don't know what you're on about

Excellent season SRL. Clean sweep, just like the good old days

Part-Timer

Yeah I play Chris Ord as a poacher. Clinical forward . I have paid the £55m off that I signed him for so that doesnt doesnt cripple my balance every month. He does however take £200k p/w away and £20k per goal which based on the season just passed is £1.1m just off goals.

He hasnt played much in the last 2-3 seasons but he is still getting around 5-10 games. He was World Player of the Year when he was 32yo. Im not sure about which South American country to be honest. I like quite a few teams in Brazil but their league sounds very complicated.
    Wow! I'm hoping I never pay a player more than £125k p/w haha.. (On my current save that is ) And £20k a goal is an enormus amount you nutjob!

Reserves

Worth it though.

I've had this weekend erased from my memory, so I don't know what you're on about

Excellent season SRL. Clean sweep, just like the good old days
    Back to where we belong!!!

Wow! I'm hoping I never pay a player more than £125k p/w haha.. (On my current save that is ) And £20k a goal is an enormus amount you nutjob!
    Worth it though.
    At least he is earning his money.

I have a few posts to make tonight with the stuff lined up to put on so hopefully a couple of updates will be on tonight.

Amateur

Do u have the tactic you use linked anywhere?

Do u have the tactic you use linked anywhere?
    I dont sorry mate. When I get on FM I could take a screenshot for you if you like?

A certain Mr.Ord didnt have a bad season now did he!!!

A very kind offer, but I am enjoying my time as Argentina manager.

Third Team

Wish I had a player like Ord!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast