+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Another upgrade.

It seems like I am constantly linked with the Barcelona job.

SRL88's Career - November 2022 Friendlies - Argentina

Another two good wins in friendlies for us to end the year. These will set us up nicely for the friendlies we have against New Zealand and Japan prior to the Copa America.

Amateur

Seems AVB is always getting the sack these days :/

Subs Bench

Ord is in some fantastic form for you, very impressive run of form he's going through at the moment.

Congrats on landing the Argentina job, hopefully you can impress with them at the Copa America.

Reserves

How come Swansea's badge is different to their real life one? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Seems AVB is always getting the sack these days :/
    Haha. Happened a few times on this save as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JDownie View Post
    Ord is in some fantastic form for you, very impressive run of form he's going through at the moment.

Congrats on landing the Argentina job, hopefully you can impress with them at the Copa America.
    Cheers JD . Ord has made an excellent start to the season. Really hope he keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    How come Swansea's badge is different to their real life one? Just wondering.
    Its the one which is used on FM. I dont know if they redesigned it at the start of the season or not.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Its the one which is used on FM. I dont know if they redesigned it at the start of the season or not.
    Which you downloaded from smewhere! The Swansea badge I have on my game is the proper one.

On another note you're going along - so unlucky in your last season. I've had that before in my Chelsea save where I was runner-up in everything. So frustrating, but also makes you more determined!

Youth Team

Good luck with the Argie-Bargies. Encouraging start so far, and I'd imagine you'll make the latter stages of the Copa America, all being well

Sorry for little updates last few days. Been really unwell so hoping tomorrow I will be back on my save.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Which you downloaded from smewhere! The Swansea badge I have on my game is the proper one.

On another note you're going along - so unlucky in your last season. I've had that before in my Chelsea save where I was runner-up in everything. So frustrating, but also makes you more determined!
    Was a very frustrating season. Im hoping to go one better in competitions this season, although we suffered an early exit in the League Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Good luck with the Argie-Bargies. Encouraging start so far, and I'd imagine you'll make the latter stages of the Copa America, all being well
    Hoping for the Semi-Final's at least.

Amateur

Hey, did Messi die? Why isn't he scoring goals for your Argentina team? He should be 34 and probably still a very good player. How has their careers been? Messi and Ronaldo's? Can you share some details of their careers? Achievements, records, maybe at least scoring stats?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by egesagin View Post
    Hey, did Messi die? Why isn't he scoring goals for your Argentina team? He should be 34 and probably still a very good player. How has their careers been? Messi and Ronaldo's? Can you share some details of their careers? Achievements, records, maybe at least scoring stats?
    You could atleast say 'please'.

You could atleast say 'please'.
    Just because Tom said it for you I will.

Lionel Messi is 35 now on my save and was the Argentina captain until I took over. Im not one for having older players if I can help it, especially in a national side. He has had a pretty decent career in an average performing Barcelona side (check end of season updates for how they have done each season).

SRL88's Career - December 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A pretty solid month for us which could have been so much better. We ended it in brilliant form with three 3-0 wins on the bounce with the standout being the victory over Man City. Prior to that however was pretty frustrating. Despite being an even game against Arsenal, we had the better of the chances as they only hit the target on a couple of occassions compared to our 9 on target. Villa was more annoying though. We had 22 shots at goal with 16 on target whilst they had just 8 attempts with 3 on target. Really the story of our season as we have found ourselves very frustrated and if we are going to have any chance of winning the league this season we will need to start turning those draws into victories.

December did see our star man Chris Ord scoop the Player of the Month Award and he has been in fantastic form for us all season. What a player he is. Our scores the vast majority of our goals and is involved in quite a lot of the link up play as well. Brilliant, brilliant player!!!

FA Cup 3rd Round

A straightforward win over lower level opposition set up a 4th Round tie against Sunderland.

December 2022 - Continued

Champions League

A nice win over Fiorentina see's us top our group for the second year in a row pretty easily. Obviously the blib against Basel was pretty annoying but we bounced back well from that set-back. We will face the winners from two seasons ago, Marseille in what the toughest possible draw we could have had in the First Knockout Round.
    Last edited by SRL88; 09-03-2012 at 11:31.

Amateur

What a great read - discovered this thread at work (sshhh) and have just caught up. A few requests, if you'd be so kind:

1. Can we see a pic of Sterling - irl I keep hoping he'll get a first team call up as we're crying out for some pace on the wing (and someone who can run past people).
    2. What tactic do you have running these days - I assume it's updated from your original post?
    3. I like what you did regards the youth intake on the previous page - perhaps a good idea each season to show us your best candidates from the youth intake?

Great read. Apart from Germany, where would you go next? Ever tempted to go to some European backwater and take them to the Champions League? No rush though, as a Liverpol fan, it's nice to see us winning again..!

Amateur

Just because Tom said it for you I will.

Lionel Messi is 35 now on my save and was the Argentina captain until I took over. Im not one for having older players if I can help it, especially in a national side. He has had a pretty decent career in an average performing Barcelona side (check end of season updates for how they have done each season).
    Thank you for the info, and I didn't think it would offend someone when i didn't say please. Saying "can you" is basically "if you feel like it it would be appreciated" for me. But you had no way of knowing that of course, so sorry about that

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by swedishchef_uk View Post
    Ever tempted to go to some European backwater and take them to the Champions League?
    Well he's already at Liverpool

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Zzzzzzzzing!

Quote Originally Posted by swedishchef_uk View Post
    What a great read - discovered this thread at work (sshhh) and have just caught up. A few requests, if you'd be so kind:

1. Can we see a pic of Sterling - irl I keep hoping he'll get a first team call up as we're crying out for some pace on the wing (and someone who can run past people).
    2. What tactic do you have running these days - I assume it's updated from your original post?
    3. I like what you did regards the youth intake on the previous page - perhaps a good idea each season to show us your best candidates from the youth intake?

Great read. Apart from Germany, where would you go next? Ever tempted to go to some European backwater and take them to the Champions League? No rush though, as a Liverpol fan, it's nice to see us winning again..!
    Raheem Sterling
    Tactics
    Regarding youth intake, I only post them if there is someone worth posting (potential 2 1/2* +), otherwise there isnt much point.

Im not sure what my plans are once I leave Liverpool to be honest. Germany is a definite destination, but I would also like to test myself in Spain and possibly a South American country.

Thank you for the info, and I didn't think it would offend someone when i didn't say please. Saying "can you" is basically "if you feel like it it would be appreciated" for me. But you had no way of knowing that of course, so sorry about that
    Haha. Dont worry about it. It was a joke!!!

Cheeky ****!!!

SRL88's Career - January 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A nice month for us in January, despite the fact that we once again struggled to find the net in a frustrating draw with Wolves. We had to fight against Stoke, but I dont think we are the only club in England to ever have to do that. Every other game was pretty straight forward as we dominated each game and deserved to win. Our biggest problem is going to be that Chelsea have three games in hand so we will have to hope they start slipping up.

FA Cup 4th Round

A very nice win over Sunderland in what could have been a potential banana skin tie but we came through it impressively to set up a tough trip to Old Trafford.

Transfer(s)

Bogdan Patrascu - £9m - Just the one piece of transfer activity for the club in January and it came in the shape of Patrascu. A solid signing from Blackburn who will give strength in depth to our defence.

Last edited by SRL88; 09-03-2012 at 16:33.

Another monthly award.

Amateur

Patrascu looks like a very good defender

Reserves

Seems a pretty solid signing.

Reserves

I bet Christopher Ord is one of your favourite ever newgens.

Subs Bench

Doing fairly well in the league, but Chelsea's games in hand are a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Patrascu looks like a very good defender
    Seems a pretty solid signing.
    He has made a decent start to life in Liverpool as well.

I bet Christopher Ord is one of your favourite ever newgens.
    He is certainly one of the better ones I have had .

Doing fairly well in the league, but Chelsea's games in hand are a concern.
    We have been helped out by the fact that Aston Villa have just beat them 2-0 at the Chelsea Stadium.

SRL88's Career - February 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A very solid month for us with some difficult fixtures. We started with a solid win over Birmingham although we didnt take the lead until well into the 2nd half. In a typical fixture against Man Utd it was tight but we managed to make the most of our chances and win 2-0, a result which will always please me. I knew going into the Chelsea fixture that we probably needed to come away with at least a point if we were going to stand any chance of winning the league. In a very tense affair we did manage that, but had our chances to take all three points with Chris Ord having the best of the chances. We were helped out by the fact that Chelsea lost at home to Aston Villa 2-0 a few days later in one of their games in hand.

February 2023 - Continued

FA Cup 5th Round

No trips to Wembley this season then. We took a 20th minute lead through Rob Wilson but he went and got himself sent off 10 minutes later to give us a daunting task. Man Utd scored just before half time to go in at the break level. The second half was pretty even considering and we had some excellent chances to take the lead, but it was United who grabbed the second goal late on as I exited the FA Cup before the Final for the first time in nearly 5 years.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round

An excellent result in France for us against such strong opposition. We had to battle for victory but a Chris Ord double gives us a massive advantage for the second leg.
    Last edited by SRL88; 09-03-2012 at 21:28.

Reserves

Good win over Marseille, was about to ask if Ord was on holiday.

Part-Timer

Could have done with scraping a win against Chelsea - looks like it's going to go down to the wire between the top 3

Reserves

Chelsea's games in hand might prove crucial, but I suppose they still have to win them. Maybe a turn a few draws into wins and the league will be yours.

Good win over Marseille, was about to ask if Ord was on holiday.
    . He was injured for the Man Utd game, thats his excuse for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    Could have done with scraping a win against Chelsea - looks like it's going to go down to the wire between the top 3
    One of Chelsea's games in hand is away to Man City who are just 3pts off me and 2pts behind Chelsea.

Chelsea's games in hand might prove crucial, but I suppose they still have to win them. Maybe a turn a few draws into wins and the league will be yours.
    We have had so many frustrating draws this season. We would be well clear if we could have taken our chances in certain games.

2022/23 Youth Intake

With the annual youth intake here, I thought it would be a good idea to post you the best of the options from this seasons youth products.

Ian Roscoe - ★★★ (out of 5* potential) - A decent looking prospect and has plenty of time to improve at 16.

Kishore Sarkar - ★★★★ (out of 5* potential) - Should turn into a very good player. Will be looking at sending him on loan as soon as he turns 17 to fully develop.

Kevin Mooney - ★★★ (out of 5* potential) - Another full back to come through with a good future ahead.

Ian Prior - ★★★ (out of 5* potential) - The first goalkeeper with decent potential I have had come through the youth ranks at any club.

Gary O'Hanlon - ★★★★★ (out of 5* potential) - WOW!!! At 15yo this kid already looks like a decent player for the lower leagues. Will be paying close attention to this guys development.

Amateur

October 2022 - Continued

Champions League

How embarrassing!!! Such an annoying defeat as our struggles continued into Europe with a really poor defeat on home soil to Basel.
    Baselona strike again

Doesn't it get awkward managing both at club and international level, or are your staff good enough to do all the ground work?

Amateur

O'Hanlon is absolutely incredible already, gonna chuck him into some games against lower oppostion?

Youth Team

5* potential when you have a great side already almost never happens, I'd be giving him as many games as possible from a very young age!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolanthustrel View Post
    Baselona strike again
    Doesn't it get awkward managing both at club and international level, or are your staff good enough to do all the ground work?
    I only have a few staff from my club with me at International level to be honest. The rest are people who can speak Spanish & English. At club level though, my staff all have pretty good stats.

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    O'Hanlon is absolutely incredible already, gonna chuck him into some games against lower oppostion?
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    5* potential when you have a great side already almost never happens, I'd be giving him as many games as possible from a very young age!
    I think next season I am going to be giving him quite a few games.

SRL88's Career - March/April 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

We are nearly there. An excellent couple of months for us has us on the brink of our second title in three seasons. With just three games to go we have put ourselves in a great position to claim the league title. Big wins over Huddersfield, WBA and Everton were good sights, but the biggest result was away to Arsenal. I had a feeling that we needed to win the match to really give ourselves the best chance of winning the league and although we had to take the lead on three seperate occassions, we managed to grab all three points.

Our three remaining fixtures are Man City (a), Fulham (h) and Blackburn (a).

Champions League 1st Knockout Round & Quater-Final

Such a shame we exited at the Quater-Final stage this season based on how well we played. We set up the tie against Bayern in comfortable fashion with a comprehensive win over Marseille. In Germany we were probably second best, but at Anfield we destroyed them. 18 shots to their 2 told the story but we just couldnt break them down and exited the competition a round prior to the one we reached last season.

What a result for Luxembourg.

oooooooo woodwork, you pesky *******!!!

Reserves

Somehow I'm imagining him sounding like a Scooby Doo villain.

Part-Timer

LOL!

Fantastic job with Liverpool - the Premier League looks all wrapped up, but shame about going out to Bayern

O'Hanlon is a very, very good prospect. If you can't find regular games for him, you have to send him out on loan when he turns 17, although thats still a far way off - dont stall his development!

Somehow I'm imagining him sounding like a Scooby Doo villain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulezz View Post
    LOL!

Fantastic job with Liverpool - the Premier League looks all wrapped up, but shame about going out to Bayern

O'Hanlon is a very, very good prospect. If you can't find regular games for him, you have to send him out on loan when he turns 17, although thats still a far way off - dont stall his development!
    Cheers fella. Bayern was a bit of rotten luck considering we battered htem in the 2nd leg. I will definitely be able to find space in the first team for O'Hanlon.

SRL88's Career - May 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

Well we done it!!! We went to the City of Manchester with a 5pt lead knowing we would still have a lead in the title race what ever the result. We put in probably our best performance at their place since I took over and had chances but just couldnt take them, losing 2-1 meaning I knew we had to win our last two games. We beat Fulham 4-0 and thanks to Spurs drawing 1-1 with Man City it meant that we were crowned Premier League Champions. Our season was rounded off with a 3-2 win at Ewood Park to cap off a fantastic season.

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2022/23 - Liverpool FC

Premier League - Results 1 - Results 2 (1st - CHAMPIONS)

An excellent season for us which see's us lift our second Premier League trophy in three seasons. We had to battle all the way with Chelsea and Man City and at one point found ourselves behind Chelsea by a few points and they had 3 games in hand. Luckily for us they didnt take advantage. There were to many draws for my liking, especially in the first half of the season, but after Christmas we played really well, dropping points in just three games (2 draws vs Chelsea & Leicester, 1 defeat vs Man City) as we started to stamp down our marker. We kept up the pressure on the other two and fully deserved our title win as the others couldnt handle our relentless assault on teams in the league as they cracked under the pressure.

FA Cup (Lost in 5th Round)

Im not to bothered about going out in the 5th Round, its just who we went out to.

League Cup (Lost in 3rd Round)

An early exit in the League Cup, but I wasnt to bothered.

Champions League (Lost in Quater-Final)

A decent Champions League run for us. We topped our group pretty easy, despite a shock result against Basel. We comfortably beat Marseille in the Knockout Phase as well to set up a tie against Bayern Munich. They beat us in the first leg, but we battered them in the second leg with my frustration being a comedy point on the touchline as we failed to find the crucial goal to send us through.

Transfers - Finances

Not much in terms of transfers this season as I tried to cut down the big spending.
    Healthy finances to. We ended the season in the red due to massive monthly expenditature but so good are our sponsors (and Chairman) that we didnt need to worry.

Squad

I have been very pleased with the squad this season as a lot of players stepped up their game. Changes will be made however.

My Top 3 Players

Chris Ord - I couldnt really leave off the league's top goalscorer and Footballer of the Year could I?
    Sergio Diaz - The defender really stepped up his game this season, especially when our captain was out for a few month with injury.
    Augusto - A Young Player of the Year Award kind of speaks for itself.

Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  Team            | League                  |  Country | League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2011/12 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 5th             |  Play-Off Quater Finalists                        |
    | 2012/13 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 3rd             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists                          |
    | 2013/14 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 4th             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists, FA Trophy Runners-Up,   |
                                                                                           Appointed in October                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 2nd             |  Promoted via Play-Offs, FA Trophy Runners-Up     |
    | 2015/16 |  Darlington      | League Two              |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2016/17 |  Darlington      | League One              |  England | 5th             |  Promoted via Play-Offs                           |
    | 2017/18 |  Blackpool       | Championship            |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted via Play-Off's                          |
    | 2018/19 |  Blackpool       | Premier League          |  England | -               |  Resigned in November                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 10th            |  Appointed in November, FA Cup Winners            |
    | 2019/20 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 4th             |  FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up,           |
                                                                                           Champions League Qualification                   |
    | 2020/21 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League & FA Cup Winners                  |
                                                                                           League Cup & Europa League Runners-Up            |
    | 2021/22 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 2nd             |  Premier League & FA Cup Runners-Up               |
                                                                                           League Cup & Champions League Semi-Final         |
    | 2022/23 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League Winners                           |
    Next Season?

Another step in the right direction for us, even if it came at the expense of the cups. We claimed back our league title, now we need to defend it, and I want that Champions League trophy.
    Last edited by SRL88; 11-03-2012 at 15:32.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Kirklareli Spor

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League                  |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2013/14 |  Second Division Group A |  11th            |  -                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Second Division Group A |  9th             |  -                             |
    | 2015/16 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2016/17 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2017/18 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  Second Division Group A |  3rd             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2020/21 |  Second Division Group A |  7th             |  -                             |
    | 2021/22 |  Second Division Group A |  10th            |  -                             |
    | 2022/23 |  Second Division Group A |  4th             |  Promoted via Play-Off's       |
    Finally, promotion for the Turks.

Darlington FC

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2017/18 |  Championship      |  24th            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2018/19 |  League One        |  20th            |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  League One        |  8th             |  -                             |
    | 2020/21 |  League One        |  3rd             |  Play-Off Winners, Promoted    |
    | 2021/22 |  Championship      |  22nd            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2022/23 |  League One        |  17th            |  -                             |
    Similar to last time they were at this level following relegation. They do have a new Chairman though so maybe they have a brighter future.

Blackpool FC

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2018/19 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Resigned in November, Relegated, Carling Cup SF  |
    | 2019/20 |  Championship      |  13th            |  -                                                |
    | 2020/21 |  Championship      |  2nd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  19th            |  Relegated                                        |
    | 2022/23 |  Championship      |  1st             |  Champions                                        |
    An immediate return to the Premier League for The Tangerines.

Aston Villa

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                       |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2020/21 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  Carling Cup SF              |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  7th             |  -                           |
    | 2022/23 |  Premier League    |  11th            |  -                           |
    Slow steps backwards for Villa resulted in the sacking of Alan Shearer.
    Last edited by SRL88; 11-03-2012 at 15:39.

A Look Around The World

Club - Domestic

English Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2012/13 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Liverpool
    2013/14 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man Utd
    2014/15 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2015/16 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2016/17 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2017/18 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Liverpool 3rd Chelsea
    2018/19 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2019/20 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Sunderland
    2020/21 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Arsenal
    2021/22 - 1st Man City 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2022/23 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Chelsea

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Everton
    2012/13 - Winners West Ham Runners-Up Liverpool
    2013/14 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Norwich
    2014/15 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Birmingham
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Barnsley
    2016/17 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Chelsea
    2017/18 - Winners Everton Runners-Up Arsenal
    2018/19 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Leicester
    2019/20 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Stoke
    2021/22 - Winners Newcastle Runners-Up Liverpool
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Tottenham

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Fulham Runners-Up Reading
    2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up West Brom
    2013/14 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Chelsea
    2014/15 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2016/17 - Winners West Brom Runners-Up Man City
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Man City
    2018/19 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Norwich
    2019/20 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2020/21 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Wolves
    2022/23 - Winners Stoke Runners-Up Swansea

La Liga

2011/12 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athletic Club
    2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Villarreal
    2013/14 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Athletic Club 3rd Barcelona
    2014/15 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia
    2015/16 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At. Madrid
    2016/17 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid
    2017/18 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd At.Madrid
    2018/19 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Malaga
    2019/20 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At.Madrid
    2020/21 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2021/22 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2022/23 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Betis 3rd Real Madrid

Bundesliga

2011/12 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Werder Bremen 3rd Schalke
    2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2013/14 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Dortmund 3rd Bayern Munich
    2014/15 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2015/16 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2016/17 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2017/18 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Leverkusen 3rd Dortmund
    2018/19 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Dortmund
    2019/20 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Hoffenheim
    2020/21 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hannover 3rd Leverkusen
    2021/22 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Freiburg 3rd Leverkusen
    2022/23 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Freiburg

Serie A

2011/12 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Lazio
    2012/13 - 1st Inter 2nd Juventus 3rd Napoli
    2013/14 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Juventus
    2014/15 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Sampdoria
    2015/16 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Parma 3rd Palermo
    2016/17 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina
    2017/18 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Cagliari 3rd Juventus
    2018/19 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Sampdoria 3rd Fiorentina
    2019/20 - 1st Palermo 2nd Inter 3rd AC Milan
    2020/21 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Sampdoria
    2021/22 - 1st Fiorentina 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan
    2022/23 - 1st Inter 2nd AC Milan 3rd Sampdoria

French Ligue 1

2011/12 - 1st Valenciennes 2nd Bordeaux 3rd Marseille
    2012/13 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Sochaux
    2013/14 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2014/15 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2015/16 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille
    2016/17 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2017/18 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2018/19 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2019/20 - 1st PSG 2nd Toulouse 3rd Lyon
    2020/21 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2021/22 - 1st Toulouse 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2022/23 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon

Club - Europe

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Man Utd
    2012/13 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2013/14 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2014/15 - Winners PSG Runners-Up Barcelona
    2015/16 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up At. Madrid
    2016/17 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2018/19 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Arsenal
    2019/20 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Barcelona
    2020/21 - Winners Marseille Runners-Up Palermo
    2021/22 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2022/23 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Bayern Munich

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Rubin Kazan
    2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Porto
    2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Napoli
    2014/15 - Winners Benfica Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2015/16 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2016/17 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Roma
    2017/18 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Lyon
    2018/19 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Tottenham
    2019/20 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Porto Runners-Up Toulouse
    2022/23 - Winners Inter Runners-Up PSG

International

World Cup

2014 - Winners France Runners-Up Ghana 3rd Place England Hosts Brazil
    2018 - Winners France Runners-Up Belgium 3rd Place Spain Hosts Russia
    2022 - Winners Germany Runners-Up Italy 3rd Place Mexico Hosts Qatar

European Championships

2012 - Winners Germany Runners-Up France Hosts Ukraine/Poland
    2016 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Belgium Hosts France
    2020 - Winners Croatia Runners-Up Russia Hosts Belgium
    Last edited by SRL88; 11-03-2012 at 15:45.

SRL88's Career - June 2023 Friendly - Argentina

A nice win over my former side keeps us going strongly heading into the Copa America. We have one more game at home to Japan before we kick off our campaign against Mexico.

SRL88's Career - Copa America Squad - Argentina

Projected Starting 11 (if all fit)

Bruno Torres
    Juan Manuel Prato - Walter Vera - Daniel Rivas (c) - Matias Juan
    Jorge Alassia - Marcelo Chafer
    Leonel Martinez - Gaston De Bortoli - Ivan Segovia
    Hugo Arevalo

Youth Team

Yes, champions! Well done!

Champions League next season, please

Yes, champions! Well done!

Champions League next season, please
    I will try my best, just for you .

SRL88's Career - July Friendly - Argentina

Another comfortable win for us as we enter the Copa America high in confidence. We played really well against Japan and deserved victory with them never really causing us any problems. My record in charge of Argentina now stands at played 7, won 6 and drawn 1.

Very kind offer Mr.Chairman, I accept.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2023/24 - Liverpool FC

Board Expectations:
    Premier League: Challenge for the title
    Champions League: Reach the Quater-Final
    FA Cup: Reach the Semi-Final
    League Cup: Not Important
    Community Shield: Not Important

My Expectations:
    Premier League: We need to retain it, desperately.
    Champions League: I am going all out to win it
    FA Cup: Im putting my focuses elsewhere
    League Cup: Same as FA Cup
    Community Shield: We are playing Man Utd so we HAVE to win

Budgets:
    Transfer: £166m
    Wage: £2,719,600 (Currently spending £1,362,500)
    Balance: 109,734,932 (+£7,786,652 since last season)

Key Player(s):
    Fuska - Had him on loan the last 2 seasons and I finally decided to cough up £18.5m for him.
    Sergio Diaz - Having sold Kyriakos Papadopoulos in the summer, Sergio is now my main centre half. I need him to lead from the back like he did last season.
    Marcelo Chafer - Will most likely take over the captains armband over from Kyriakos.
    Ivan Segovia - Had a good end to the season and has been brilliant for Argentina in my two friendlies so far. Will hopefully have a good Copa America and come back high in confidence.
    Chris Ord - Its Chris Ord so he has to be here.
    Last edited by SRL88; 13-03-2012 at 17:37.

Third Team

Congrats on the double

Copa America 2023

Group Stage

Code:
    Group A
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Pos | Inf | Team                   | Pld  |  W  |  D  |  L  | For  |  Ag  |  GD  |  Pts  |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |  1  |  Q  |  Peru                  |  3   |  2  |  1  |  0  |  6   |  1   |  +5  |  6    |
    |  2  |  Q  |  Ecuador               |  3   |  1  |  2  |  0  |  4   |  2   |  +2  |  5    |
    |  3  |  Q  |  Bolivia               |  3   |  1  |  1  |  1  |  4   |  4   |  0   |  4    |
    |  4  |     |  Paraguay              |  3   |  0  |  0  |  0  |  2   |  9   |  -7  |  0    |

Group B
    | Pos | Inf | Team                   | Pld  |  W  |  D  |  L  | For  |  Ag  |  GD  |  Pts  |
    |  1  |  Q  |  Mexico                |  3   |  3  |  0  |  0  |  10  |  3   |  +7  |   9   |
    |  2  |  Q  |  Colombia              |  3   |  2  |  0  |  1  |  2   |  1   |  +1  |   6   |
    |  3  |  Q  |  ARGENTINA             |  3   |  1  |  0  |  2  |  6   |  5   |  +1  |   3   |
    |  4  |     |  Venezuela             |  3   |  0  |  0  |  3  |  0   |  10  | -10  |   0   |

Group C
    |  1  |  Q  |  Brazil                |  3   |  3  |  0  |  0  |  9   |  0   |  +9  |   9   |
    |  2  |  Q  |  Chile                 |  3   |  2  |  0  |  1  |  8   |  1   |  +7  |   6   |
    |  3  |     |  Uruguay               |  3   |  1  |  0  |  2  |  4   |  6   |  -2  |   3   |
    |  4  |     |  Panama                |  3   |  0  |  0  |  3  |  0   |  14  | -14  |   0   |
    Well we are pretty lucky to make our way through the group stages and only go through as one of the best third placed teams. We started with a 4-3 defeat to Mexico, but annoyingly found ourselves 3-0 up at half time and then I just dont know what went wrong but we could not handle the Mexican attack. I was shocked and that showed against Colombia. We had a man sent off early on and despite being the better side, they nicked a goal and took a 1-0 win. I thought we would be out so we just went out as normal and beat Venezuela 3-0, but thanks to Brazil thumping Uruguay 3-0, we went through to meet Peru in the Quater-Final.

Knockout Stage

So we have to settle for third place in the Copa America as its Mexico who lift the trophy for the second successive tournament. Im pretty disappointed with our peformance in the tournament, especially the group stage, as were the Argentinian FA, but they have decided to give me another chance and with the 2026 World Cup Qualifying due to start I have a pretty good opportunity to put this tournament behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Congrats on the double
    Double????

Subs Bench

Well that was a fairly hopeless Copa America effort!

Third Team

My bad,that's what happens when you multi-tab when trying to eat!

Well that was a fairly hopeless Copa America effort!
    Yeah we were pretty shocking.

My bad,that's what happens when you multi-tab when trying to eat!
    I will let you off I suppose.

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2023/24 - Liverpool FC

Friendlies

A decent pre-season for us with some nice wins over the likes of CSKA & Besiktas. We were outplayed by Real Madrid but that wasnt to important and we go into the season in pretty good fashion.

Community Shield

Following a 1-1 draw, we went to penalties and managed to win the shoot-out to lift the Community Shield.

Transfers - In

I tried to cut down again on the transfer fee's to try and help the clubs running costs.

Scott Kironde - £3m - Brought in as a back-up only and will be able to add cover in a few positions.

Mauro Desabato - £2.8m - A young defender. One for the future.

Petru Neag - Loan - Brought in as cover for the full backs currently at the club.

Matteo D'Onofrio - Free - Youngster brought in and sent out on loan for experience.

Jonathan Del Olmo - £1.1m - As above.

Fuska - £18.5m - Had him on loan for the last two seasons and I finally decided to plump up the money for his signature.

Transfers - Out

Im pretty pleased with our sales this summer. It cuts a lot of costs at the club, and although Kyriakos will probably be a big miss, he was on £200k p/w and 32yo. I feel we got a good deal.

Subs Bench

Poor Andy Lancaster.

Poor Andy Lancaster.
    Me selling him or having to go to Leverkusen?

He wanted to leave at the start of last season and he went on loan to Sunderland. He still wanted to leave at the start of this season, but I wish I kept hold of him for another year.

Hoping to get on my save tonight as well. Havent had much the last couple of days because of assignments etc, but I am free tonight so should be able to get a couple of updates up.

SRL88's Career - August 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A perfect start to the season for us which included beating one of the bigger sides in Chelsea on the opening day. Always nice to get off to a winning start and we had to battle for it, coming from 1-0 down to lead 3-1 and then conceding late on to give us a nervy finish. Against Wigan we were brilliant. It could, and should have been more. There were numerous occassions when the ball was played into the box and a player ran onto it, only for his shot to rebound off the goalkeeper. A bit annoying, but a 4-0 win done the trick.

I have been really impressed with the start to the season 16yo Gary O'Hanlon has made as well. Due to injuries I have been forced to play him in the first two league games as well as the Community Shield and he has put in some very mature displays for such a young person.

Or yeah, Chris Ord started alright I suppose .

Reserves

He has Carragher's old number. Any likenesses? Nice going .

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    He has Carragher's old number. Any likenesses? Nice going .
    Haha. I dont it on purpose thinking that myself. Was hoping that an Englishman coming through the youth ranks, wearing number 23....Carra the second .

Semi Pro

Everton AND Manchester United above you.

You should be sacked

Group Stage Draw

Could I have asked for a tougher draw? I will aim for 13pts to see us top the group.

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Everton AND Manchester United above you.

You should be sacked
    Im under pressure .

Semi Pro

That's a tough Champions League group.

I can hear the song 'Sacked in the morning' already

Amateur

Well started reading this from the start at 10.00 this morning & just finished it! (well not straight thru obviously) Fantastic career mate, bet when you lost that first play-off game in Turkey you never thought the kop end would be singing your name!!

Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    That's a tough Champions League group.

I can hear the song 'Sacked in the morning' already
    The Kop wouldnt do a thing like that to me. Im in their hearts .

Quote Originally Posted by h0rn3r View Post
    Well started reading this from the start at 10.00 this morning & just finished it! (well not straight thru obviously) Fantastic career mate, bet when you lost that first play-off game in Turkey you never thought the kop end would be singing your name!!

Keep up the good work
    Glad you have enjoyed it mate .

I never expected at all to end up where I have really, especially in such a short space of time.

Reserves

At least it's not group B. Genk are on a hiding to nothing.

At least it's not group B. Genk are on a hiding to nothing.
    I think if they score a goal they have done well.

SRL88's Career - September Friendlies- Argentina

A comfortable win for us as we put our Copa America shame behind us and got back to normal. A nice 4-0 over Costa Rica with striker Diego Cortizo stealing the show.

A big shock to our system. We supprisingly fell behind despite all the early running but soon pulled level. From then on it was just frustratin as we just couldnt breat them down and grab a winner.

Thats all our friendlies out the way now. Next month we start our qualifying campaign for the World Cup with a home game against Paraguay before we travel to Bolivia.

SRL88's Career - September 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

Our fine start to the season continued throughout September and got underway with a great win over another of our title rivals Man City thanks to 2 scorchers from Dan Cousins and an injury time 3rd from Raheem Sterling. We dominated Villa in our next game but they scored an 82nd minute goal to even things up and take a share of the spoils. I was pretty pleased with our next 2 performances. Having gone a goal down against Spurs we came back in excellent fashion to thump them 5-1. This was followed up with a hard fought win over Swansea at the Liberty.

League Cup 3rd Round

A very solid win over Arsenal which really pleased me considering we had a few youngsters out there to gain experience. We wil face Championship side Crawley in the 4th Round.

September 2023 - Continued

A nice win over the Greek side to get our European campaign off to a great start. What pleased me most however is the manner which we took victory. We found ourselves man down whilst the score was still 0-0 but still managed to go on and grab a big win. Really pleased.
    Last edited by SRL88; 16-03-2012 at 01:55.

Quite a random job offer considering they have just qualified for Euro 2024. Im happy managing Argentina though so rejected.

SRL88's Career - October 2023 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

A perfect start to our qualifying campaign for the 2026 World Cup. Really pleased with our performances as well as we were in charge of both games. Couldnt have asked for a better start.

SRL88's Career - October 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A solid month for us as we remain top of the league and unbeaten, but we were pretty lucky to do so. We started with a very good win over Newcastle away from home. With things tied at the break I thought it was going to be a one goal game but we took over in the second half and came away with a comprehensive 3-0 win. We followed this up with a nice win at home to Blackpool before a trip to Upton Park. Our unbeaten run should have come to an end there because we were shocking but the fantastic Chris Ord saved us with an injury time goal to grab a point.

League Cup 4th Round

We really had to battle for victory over Crawley in what was a proper cup tie. We were probably the better team but they made it very difficult for us and it was a second half Rob Wilson that won it for us. We have been draw at home to QPR in the Quater-Final.

October 2023 - Continued

Champions League

We continued our strong start to the Champions League. I was extremely pleased with the win in Portugal. We were fantastic on the night and deserved the big win. Inter gave us a bit more of a run for our money and took the lead at Anfield. They had the better of the first half but after I had a go at half time we came out better in the second and 2 goals from centre half Sergio Diaz grabbed us all 3 points.
    Last edited by SRL88; 18-03-2012 at 11:46.

Just thought I would show Wigan's start to the season .

Third Team

Looking good so far

With regards to Wigan's start of the season,I'd be very disappointed if I was a West Ham fan,just the two goals against them

A nice link, but Im not ready to leave England just yet.

Looking good so far

With regards to Wigan's start of the season,I'd be very disappointed if I was a West Ham fan,just the two goals against them
    Cheers fella. Wigan have made a dreadful start to the season like, but they did pick up their first point of the season in their following game.

Reserves

I found that very funny.

Amateur

Holey Moley... Not only is that a bad start by Wigan, it looks like they get complete stage fright when their matches are Televised.

Nice demolition job on Sporting. Especially on their home turf!

Youth Team

Wow, that's a shocking start by Wigan

Semi Pro

I'm more surprised they're still in the Premier League!

I found that very funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolanthustrel View Post
    Holey Moley... Not only is that a bad start by Wigan, it looks like they get complete stage fright when their matches are Televised.

Nice demolition job on Sporting. Especially on their home turf!
    Wow, that's a shocking start by Wigan
    The Blackpool result is the worst of all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    I'm more surprised they're still in the Premier League!
    This is their first season in the Premiership after quite a few years away.

Reserves

Not even Derby were this bad...

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Not even Derby were this bad...
    Haha, this is true .

SRL88's Career - November 2023 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

We are still going strong in qualifying, but it could have obviously been better if we managed to beat Venezuela. We really should have put a few past them but they frustrated us infront of goal. We went to Brazil in the next match with me thinking that we could do with coming away with a draw, despite it being early in the qualifying process. We did better than that however!!! Brazil had the better of the play overall and had more chances, but I felt we deserved victory as they rarely troubled us. We showed our clinical streak and came away with a huge 3-2 win.

Talk about full circle for AVB.

Reserves

See if he lasts longer this time.

See if he lasts longer this time.
    Roman is still in the sack if you fail stage so we will have to see. Paul Dickov took them to Champions League football last season and having not performed so far this season, he has been moved on.

Youth Team

I can just hear it now...

Generic Chelsea advisor: "Mr Abramovich, after our dismay collapse this season, I believe the answer to our problems is Paul Dickov. This a man of fine footballing pedigree having managed such fine clubs as Oldham Athletic!"

Reserves

Probably fired everyone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast