+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

What a difference a stadium expansion makes and we arent even at full capacity yet.

Youth Team

Looking good to retain your title with such a tight backline. Just 1 goal conceded? Definitely title form although obviously there's still a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    Looking good to retain your title with such a tight backline. Just 1 goal conceded? Definitely title form although obviously there's still a long way to go.
    Cheers fella . Couldnt have wished for a better start defensively to be fair. Been really impressed.

These three job offers came through in one day. Now I have a decision to make. Do I want to step back into International Management?

Wales have qualified for the 2022 World Cup whilst the other two havent.

About bloody time. Its about the 3rd time I have asked.

Reserves

I wouldn't be that tempted by any of them.

Amateur

Go and coach bosnia / herzogovina! they got the potential!

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post

These three job offers came through in one day. Now I have a decision to make. Do I want to step back into International Management?

Wales have qualified for the 2022 World Cup whilst the other two havent.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    I wouldn't be that tempted by any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Persiani View Post
    Go and coach bosnia / herzogovina! they got the potential!
    I have decided to reject the three offers. Im not quite ready to step back into it yet. I will wait until after the 2022 World Cup and then weigh up my options.

Part-Timer

Tough group you're in. Congrats on winning the league and FA Cup last season

Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Tough group you're in. Congrats on winning the league and FA Cup last season
    Cheers John . Hoping we dont suffer 2nd season syndrome.

SRL88's Career - October 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A bit of a frustrarting month in a way. It looks like the defeat to City had an affect on the defence as we failed to keep a clean sheet but we also managed to win 3 of our 4 games. Comprehensive wins over West Ham & WBA were pretty straight forward but we had to battle hard to beat Chelsea. We conceded two sloppy goals, something which I had to warn our goalkeeper about. Although we won 3-2, we were pretty lucky. We went a goal down, equilised, went 2-1 up, conceded and then Raheem Sterling scored a late winner to grab us three points. Against Blackburn however we were dreadfull. In one of those games which said we had 6 shots and I never actually got to see a shot at all, we conceded a 92nd minute goal to lose 1-0.

League Cup

A very solid win with the reserves/fringe players. We set up a tie against the side who beat us in last seasons Final, Man Utd in this seasons Quater-Final.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:08.

October 2021 - Continued

Champions League

We suffered our first defeat in Europe against mega-rich PSG by conceding a late goal. We played played pretty well in an even affair and all is not lost.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:06.

Subs Bench

You may be going along pretty well in all competitions, but good grief you conceded alot goals throughout the month!

I wouldnt be concerned about the Champions League, you've got three games to go yet, and as you said, you performed well in defeat away against PSG.

Subs Bench

just spent the last 3 hours reading all of this - fantastic thread you've got going on here! incredible career you've had, to go from Turkey's second division to Premier League champions and three time FA cup champions in 10 seasons is nothing short of magnificent.

also, as I was reading the thread I noticed something but don't recall you picking up on it - Andy Lancaster of Liverpool, is it the same Lancaster you managed with Darlington in League 1/2? (I can't recall which one it was) small world...

KUTGW

Subs Bench

JDownie - I believe it is the same Andy Lancaster - as Darlington he got Liverpool as a feeder club.

Amateur

Unlucky against PSG but you will win the group

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    You may be going along pretty well in all competitions, but good grief you conceded alot goals throughout the month!

I wouldnt be concerned about the Champions League, you've got three games to go yet, and as you said, you performed well in defeat away against PSG.
    Yeah its something I need to work on. The City defeat looks like it opened the floodgates so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by JDownie View Post
    just spent the last 3 hours reading all of this - fantastic thread you've got going on here! incredible career you've had, to go from Turkey's second division to Premier League champions and three time FA cup champions in 10 seasons is nothing short of magnificent.

also, as I was reading the thread I noticed something but don't recall you picking up on it - Andy Lancaster of Liverpool, is it the same Lancaster you managed with Darlington in League 1/2? (I can't recall which one it was) small world...

KUTGW
    JDownie - I believe it is the same Andy Lancaster - as Darlington he got Liverpool as a feeder club.
    Cheers JDownie . As Tom said, yes it is the same Andy Lancaster I had at Darlington when I was in charge there. He is a solid performer at Premier League level.

Quote Originally Posted by Persiani View Post
    Unlucky against PSG but you will win the group
    Cheers .

SRL88's Career - November 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A much better month for us. A nice 100% record and also keeping two clean sheets as well is a huge bonus. We started with a comfortable win before a very tough game against Swansea. They really took the game to us and we were lucky to take all three points. The big win of the month however came against Arsenal as we battered them. An impressive afternoon for us as we climbed back to the top of the table and saw me grab another Manager of the Month Award.

Champions League

An excellent couple of results as well in Europe. We got revenge on PSG for the defeat in Paris with a comprehensive win at Anfield and followed it up with a big win in Salzburg to qualify from the group and go into the final game against Malaga at home in top spot
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:07.

Things at Chelsea just continue to get funnier.

SRL88's Career - December 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

What a tough Christmas period we had. I mean come on, look at the last 3 fixtures. 3 games in 3 days!!! All the sides had to go through it so it wasnt just us. We started a tough winter period with a hard fought win over Newcastle, a game which I celebrated like we had won the league due to the number of attacking players we had out injured. A very, very, very, very, very annoying 1-0 defeat aginst Man Utd followed. I dont think I done the match justice with enough very's because we battered them. 18 shots to their 4 and they won 1-0. Typical!!! We did however go on a nice run of 4 wins with great results against Villa & Everton as well as wins against Fulham and Leicester. Happy to be sitting top going into the New Year.

League Cup

A 0-0 draw against United in the League Cup resulted in a penalty shoot-out which we won to remove the heartache of last season's Final to move into the Semi-Finals. We will have a tough test to reach the Final as we will play Man City.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:11.

December 2021 - Continued

Champions League

A comfortable win over Malaga see's us top the group in our first season back in the Champions League. Just one defeat along the way as we performed really well. We will face Sampdoria in the next round.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:13.

So the expansion is complete. We now have a capacity of 70,518. Our first two games at home following the expansion (Fulham & Leicester) brought in a crowd of around 59,000, so we still have a bit of work to do to fill it.

Part-Timer

The largest stadium in the Premiership? I presume Man Utd still have a larger ground than you?

Part-Timer

Have just picked up on this thread.

What an amazing read.

Well done on your journey

KUTGW

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    The largest stadium in the Premiership? I presume Man Utd still have a larger ground than you?
    Man Utd have the biggest stadium in the league, and by quite some maragain. Their full capacity is just below 100,000. We have the second biggest stadium now, followed by Arsenal, Newcastle and then Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by elland road boo boys View Post
    Have just picked up on this thread.

What an amazing read.

Well done on your journey

KUTGW
    Cheers for the comment . Really appreciate it.

SRL88's Career - January 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

The league has slowly turned into a two horse race by the looks of things. A pretty good month for us, especially the way we bounced back after the disappointment against Blackpool. I made to many changes, expecting victory against the team who were bottom of the league and we were lucky. We found ourselves 2-0 down until the last 10 minutes and we managed to somehow come away with a draw. What followed were two solid performances against Middlesbrough and QPR before we comprehensively beat Spurs with an impressive 4-0 win.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:17.

January 2022 - Continued

FA Cup

A comfortable win against Sheffield Wednesday gave us an away tie to Champioship side Birmingham who manged to frustrate us and force a replay.

League Cup

We exit the League Cup this year at the Semi-Final stage. We deserved to win the first leg, but were blown away in the return tie and Man City deserve their place in the Final. The ties however did see us break our attendance record and also saw me reach 100 games for Liverpool.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:18.

SRL88's Career - February 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

How frustrating!! We continue to struggle against Man City, especially away from home and we were destroyed at the Etihad 4-0. Our worst performance under my management. Two solid wins against West Ham & Sunderland didnt hide the problems as we lost to a poor Chelsea side and find ourselves in 2nd place.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:21.

February 2022 - Continued

Champions League

A brilliant, brilliant win in Italy over Sampdoria sets us up for passage into the Quater-Finals. We went 1-0 up early on and I changed things so we could soak up pressure and hit them on the counter and it worked a treat.

FA Cup

It took us Extra Time to beat Birmingham, much to my annoyance, but we got through. We once again struggled in the FA Cup away to WBA. We found ourselves behind on 3 occassions and managed to score a 92nd minute goal to save the tie and take them to a replay.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:21.

Our best 3 youth prospects who I am signing up.

Subs Bench

A good January in the league, hut February wasn't the best. Still got more than enough time to make up the gap though.

In all competitions though you are still conceding a fair amount of goals!

Semi Pro

I like the look of Josh Russell.

A good January in the league, hut February wasn't the best. Still got more than enough time to make up the gap though.

In all competitions though you are still conceding a fair amount of goals!
    Yeah its getting quite annoying. Like when we lost to City earlier in the season, I feel its had a knock-on effect. I keep on giving Otamendi/Diaz a game alongside Papadopolous and one of them get a shocking rating so I put the other in and they get one so I dont actually know who is my favoured choice meaning I cant get a settled back four.

Quote Originally Posted by cragswfc View Post
    I like the look of Josh Russell.
    Both Russell & Barratt has a maximum PA star rating of 3 1/2. They look great prospects.

SRL88's Career - March 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

Much, much better work from us. We have managed to cut the defensive errors and become a more solid unit. We performed poor away to WBA once again but after that we sorted ourselves out. We were helped massively by Man City's shock 3-0 away defeat to Swansea and then losing 3-1 at home to Arsenal in their next game as we opened up a 3pt gap at the top of the table.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:26.

March 2022 - Continued

Champions League

Another nice win over Sampdoria set up a Quater-Final tie against Bayern and we managed to win what can only be described as the perfect away performance in Europe by hitting them on the counter to win 2-1 and take a great advantage into the return leg at Anfield. Having had our stadium expansion we continue to see the reqards. If we manage to get through we will face either AC Milan or Leverkusen in the Semi-Final.

FA Cup

Another replay, another Extra Time win (with 10 men) against WBA this time saw us set up a Quater-Final game against Fulham which we comfortably won. The Semi-Final see's a all Merseyside Derby against Everton. The winners will face either Newcastle or Swansea.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 10:27.

Our Run-In

Man City's Run-In

Basically the same run-in except we have Arsenal & they have Blackpool.
    Last edited by SRL88; 27-02-2012 at 23:09.

Third Team

Looking good at the moment and it will be close run but I have the confidence you can come out on top.

Amateur

fantastic read although did take a large chunk of my day! ....hope you finish it out now and win the league as well and champs
    How often do you play you seem to fly through seasons whereas it takes me for ever and I lose motivation to play with the long seasons do you just watch commentary or something??

Youth Team

Going to be a nail-biter by the looks of it. Got a couple of tough away fixtures too. Good luck!

Reserves

Hang about, I've had that before on FM11, having a similar run of fixtures to your rivals so one of you is playing the same team the other just did. Strange thing.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Looking good at the moment and it will be close run but I have the confidence you can come out on top.
    Cheers mate .

Quote Originally Posted by Talty31 View Post
    fantastic read although did take a large chunk of my day! ....hope you finish it out now and win the league as well and champs
    How often do you play you seem to fly through seasons whereas it takes me for ever and I lose motivation to play with the long seasons do you just watch commentary or something??
    Glad you have enjoyed it. Regarding how long it takes me to get through a season it just depends how often I play. If I go on from when I get in from work till I go to sleep then I can get through a season in a couple of nights maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Going to be a nail-biter by the looks of it. Got a couple of tough away fixtures too. Good luck!
    Its been a very good season for both clubs. It will go to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Hang about, I've had that before on FM11, having a similar run of fixtures to your rivals so one of you is playing the same team the other just did. Strange thing.
    It is a very odd thing to have the two clubs chasing the title with the same run-in.

Default Announcement

Just to let you all know that my Internet has run out again and I wont get it back on until the 5th March. I have finished the season though and have a few updates to do. Looking forward to getting them back up.

Reserves

How does your internet "run out"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    Because since I moved in with my girlfriend I havent been prepared to get broadband in as an added expense to already over the top expensive bills, so we run the Internet off a dongle which is quite a bit cheaper for us.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    He's on one of them dongle things and has a maximum usage a month.

Subs Bench

ah, sucks that you're out of usage for another few days. However, I anticipate the end to your season very much As you are Liverpool up against City, I don't really want to see you succeed. At the same time though, the work you've accomplished is pretty remarkable so I don't think I can begrudge you one little league title ;)

ah, sucks that you're out of usage for another few days. However, I anticipate the end to your season very much As you are Liverpool up against City, I don't really want to see you succeed. At the same time though, the work you've accomplished is pretty remarkable so I don't think I can begrudge you one little league title ;)
    Haha Downie . It was the tightest run in I have ever been involved in and there was literally nothing in it until the last 2 games of the season...at which point there still was hardly anything in it.

I will let you all ponder that ;).

Semi Pro
    In game: To the north of the Arctic Circle

Need to sort your internet out, man. Can't leave us hanging like that! ;o)

Semi Pro

Just to let you all know that my Internet has run out again and I wont get it back on until the 5th March. I have finished the season though and have a few updates to do. Looking forward to getting them back up.
    tell her she best get in the sack if she want to use it

Quote Originally Posted by withnail316 View Post
    Need to sort your internet out, man. Can't leave us hanging like that! ;o)
    I know, its **** man. Im going to rent a cheaper house in June so I will get broadband put in then but at the minute Im paying out like £1200 in bills before I even consider food, clothes etc, and we have 2 kids as well. Pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by cragswfc View Post
    tell her she best get in the sack if she want to use it
    Haha. I told her yesterday that it had run out and she just looked at me with a glare. 'We have things we could be doing on the Internet such as bills and you use it to talk to your cyber friends and Football bloody Manager'. Direct quote that was .

Amateur

Spent large amounts of my afternoon browsing through here only to find I'm left in suspense!!!!

Cracking read, I especially enjoyed the Darlington 'chapters' if you like. I will now become a regular viewer of your career.

Amateur

hahah lovely lady man, you're lucky she lets you play so much hoping for an update as soon as you can, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Spent large amounts of my afternoon browsing through here only to find I'm left in suspense!!!!

Cracking read, I especially enjoyed the Darlington 'chapters' if you like. I will now become a regular viewer of your career.
    Cheers Joe. Happy to have another minion onboard ;).

Quote Originally Posted by egesagin View Post
    hahah lovely lady man, you're lucky she lets you play so much hoping for an update as soon as you can, keep up the good work!
    Usually I play when she is watching TV. I cant stand Coronation Street so when she sticks that on I get a bit of game time. She also watches the likes of American Dad/Family Guy in bed, which I like but cant put my full attention on so I play before I go to bed as well.

She is going out tonight though because I said I want a game on FM without her twisting .

Just to let you all know, at midnight tonight my Internet comes back on so I will be updating then .

Part-Timer

Just to let you all know, at midnight tonight my Internet comes back on so I will be updating then .
    Can't wait...

Can we have a Batman prelude?

Can't wait...

Can we have a Batman prelude?
    Haha. 'Previously on FM' ;).

Internet is back up now so I will get into the updates.

SRL88's Career - April 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

So we go into the final two games of the season in a nail biting position. We are top of the league by just 2 goals. Just the one blip in April away to Arsenal in a very average performance, but we bounced back well with some massive victories. We had to scrap for the win over Newcastle with the pressure firmly on our shoulders and we followed that with three fantastic wins without conceding, the best being away to Man Utd in a solid 2-0 win.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 11:00.

April 2022 - Continued

FA Cup

A very solid win over Everton in the FA Cup Semi-Final takes me into my fourth Final in a row as a Manager. In doing so we set a new FA Cup record and ensured we will face Newcastle in the Final.

Champions League

So our fine efforts in Europe come to an end at the Semi-Final stage. We done really well to get past Bayern to reach the Semi's, but over two legs, Milan were just to strong for us.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 11:05.

FA Cup Final

Road to Wembley

Liverpool

We needed a couple of replays to reach Wembley and we were also on the brink of being knocked out against WBA away from home but saved a draw in injury time.

Newcastle

Like ourselves, Newcastle have required a couple of replays but have still had some strong showings to reach the Final.

Summary

So bloody frustrating. We should have been well out of sight but somehow we just couldnt find the net and when we did we didnt hold onto it for very long. We gave away a sloppy penalty to give Newcastle the chance to level it. It was all us from then on and we should have battered them. Much to my suprise they took the lead in extra time but Rob Wilson grabbed an equiliser for us to force penalties. Luck wasnt on our side though as we failed to lift the FA Cup for a second season.

SRL88's Career - May 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

Arrrrgh, absolutely gutted. Despite our best efforts and a great winning run till the end of the season we just couldnt do it. I knew it was all over really when in their second last gam Man City thrashed Leicester 6-0. To lose it on goal difference is sickening, but we put up our best efforts and just wernt strong enough.

FA Cup

A penalty defeat to Newcastle in the FA Cup Final in a game we dominated. Such a shame when we should have been out of sight.
    Last edited by SRL88; 06-05-2012 at 11:07.

Subs Bench

A very harsh end to an otherwise fantastic season for you. Unlucky! You've come far with Liverpool in a short time though and I'm sure that next year will be your year!

Some nice player achievements.

A very harsh end to an otherwise fantastic season for you. Unlucky! You've come far with Liverpool in a short time though and I'm sure that next year will be your year!
    Cheers JD .

Fingers crossed we can push on next season and grab a trophy or two again.

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2021/22 - Liverpool FC

Premier League - Results 1 - Results 2 (2nd)

A horrible feeling at the end of the season, especially with how well we played in the run-in. To lose out on goal difference is a horrible feeling but its something we need to forget quickly if we are to challenge for honours again next season. We still had a good season and showed that last season wasnt a one off as we were at the top of the league for most of the season.

FA Cup (Runners-Up)

Sadly we couldnt retain our trophy as we lost on penalties to Newcastle at Wembley. We really shouldnt have as we dominated the match but just couldnt make our chances count.

League Cup (Lost in Semi-Final)

A good showing in the other cup competition but Man City proved to strong as we exited at the Semi-Final stage.

Community Shield (Winners)

We started the season in impressive fashion by lifting a trophy in the season opener with a 1-0 win over Man Utd.

Champions League (Lost in Semi-Final)

An excellent campaign for us back in Europe's big time. We topped the group pretty easily and followed this up with impressive wins over Sampdoria and Bayern before exiting to AC Milan.

Transfers - Finances

Another season filled with transfer activity to strengthen the squad.
    The finances are also in a healthy position.

Squad

A very good squad, but a good squad with ageing legs whose contracts are expiring and I wont be renewing them. Its going to be an interesting summer with the squad we currently have. Watch this space!!!

My Top 3 Players

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - The clubs new captain had a big season for us and took the importance of the armband in his stride.
    Dan Cousins - A great season for the Englishman. Replaced Stevan Jovetic as our main AM and he stepped up to the plate.
    Chris Ord - The main man and goalscoring machine. Another great season.

Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  Team            | League                  |  Country | League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2011/12 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 5th             |  Play-Off Quater Finalists                        |
    | 2012/13 |  Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A |  Turkey  | 3rd             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists                          |
    | 2013/14 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 4th             |  Play-Off Semi Finalists, FA Trophy Runners-Up,   |
                                                                                           Appointed in October                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Darlington      | Blue Square Premier     |  England | 2nd             |  Promoted via Play-Offs, FA Trophy Runners-Up     |
    | 2015/16 |  Darlington      | League Two              |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2016/17 |  Darlington      | League One              |  England | 5th             |  Promoted via Play-Offs                           |
    | 2017/18 |  Blackpool       | Championship            |  England | 3rd             |  Promoted via Play-Off's                          |
    | 2018/19 |  Blackpool       | Premier League          |  England | -               |  Resigned in November                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 10th            |  Appointed in November, FA Cup Winners            |
    | 2019/20 |  Aston Villa     | Premier League          |  England | 4th             |  FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up,           |
                                                                                           Champions League Qualification                   |
    | 2020/21 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 1st             |  Premier League & FA Cup Winners                  |
                                                                                           League Cup & Europa League Runners-Up            |
    | 2021/22 |  Liverpool       | Premier League          |  England | 2nd             |  Premier League & FA Cup Runners-Up               |
                                                                                           League Cup & Champions League Semi-Final         |
    Next Season?

Its another stage of rebuilding at Anfield. The older players are slowly going out the door and that will continue in the summer. I also dont want to spend big either and would rather rely on free's this summer. I feel the squad is good enough so there isnt much need for change. The younger players will get more of a chance to.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 19:20.

How are my Former Clubs Doing?

Kirklareli Spor

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League                  |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2013/14 |  Second Division Group A |  11th            |  -                             |
    | 2014/15 |  Second Division Group A |  9th             |  -                             |
    | 2015/16 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2016/17 |  Second Division Group A |  5th             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2017/18 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2018/19 |  Second Division Group A |  6th             |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  Second Division Group A |  3rd             |  Lost in Play-Off Semi Final   |
    | 2020/21 |  Second Division Group A |  7th             |  -                             |
    | 2021/22 |  Second Division Group A |  10th            |  -                             |
    A very poor season for the Turks.

Darlington FC

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                         |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2017/18 |  Championship      |  24th            |  Relegated                     |
    | 2018/19 |  League One        |  20th            |  -                             |
    | 2019/20 |  League One        |  8th             |  -                             |
    | 2020/21 |  League One        |  3rd             |  Play-Off Winners, Promoted    |
    | 2021/22 |  Championship      |  22nd            |  Relegated                     |
    Sadly Darlo couldnt survive at Championship level again, but they put up a much better fight than last time around.

Blackpool FC

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                                            |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2018/19 |  Premier League    |  18th            |  Resigned in November, Relegated, Carling Cup SF  |
    | 2019/20 |  Championship      |  13th            |  -                                                |
    | 2020/21 |  Championship      |  2nd             |  Promoted                                         |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  19th            |  Relegated                                        |
    Another of my former clubs with an immediate return to a lower level.

Aston Villa

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  |  League            |  League Position |  Notes                       |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2020/21 |  Premier League    |  5th             |  Carling Cup SF              |
    | 2021/22 |  Premier League    |  7th             |  -                           |
    Another step backwards, but by no means an awful season.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 08:30.

A Look Around The World

Club - Domestic

English Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2012/13 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Liverpool
    2013/14 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man Utd
    2014/15 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal
    2015/16 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City
    2016/17 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2017/18 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Liverpool 3rd Chelsea
    2018/19 - 1st Arsenal 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool
    2019/20 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Arsenal 3rd Sunderland
    2020/21 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man Utd 3rd Arsenal
    2021/22 - 1st Man City 2nd Liverpool 3rd Arsenal

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Everton
    2012/13 - Winners West Ham Runners-Up Liverpool
    2013/14 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Norwich
    2014/15 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Birmingham
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Barnsley
    2016/17 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Chelsea
    2017/18 - Winners Everton Runners-Up Arsenal
    2018/19 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Leicester
    2019/20 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Stoke
    2021/22 - Winners Newcastle Runners-Up Liverpool

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Fulham Runners-Up Reading
    2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up West Brom
    2013/14 - Winners Wolves Runners-Up Chelsea
    2014/15 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2015/16 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2016/17 - Winners West Brom Runners-Up Man City
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Man City
    2018/19 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Norwich
    2019/20 - Winners Leicester Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2020/21 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Wolves

La Liga

2011/12 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Athletic Club
    2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Villarreal
    2013/14 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Athletic Club 3rd Barcelona
    2014/15 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia
    2015/16 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At. Madrid
    2016/17 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Real Madrid
    2017/18 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd At.Madrid
    2018/19 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Malaga
    2019/20 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd At.Madrid
    2020/21 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd At.Madrid 3rd Barcelona
    2021/22 - 1st At.Madrid 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Barcelona

Bundesliga

2011/12 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Werder Bremen 3rd Schalke
    2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2013/14 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Dortmund 3rd Bayern Munich
    2014/15 - 1st Leverkusen 2nd Bayern Munich 3rd Schalke
    2015/16 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2016/17 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Leverkusen
    2017/18 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Leverkusen 3rd Dortmund
    2018/19 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Schalke 3rd Dortmund
    2019/20 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Dortmund 3rd Hoffenheim
    2020/21 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Hannover 3rd Leverkusen
    2021/22 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Freiburg 3rd Leverkusen

Serie A

2011/12 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Lazio
    2012/13 - 1st Inter 2nd Juventus 3rd Napoli
    2013/14 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Juventus
    2014/15 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Inter 3rd Sampdoria
    2015/16 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Parma 3rd Palermo
    2016/17 - 1st Palermo 2nd AC Milan 3rd Fiorentina
    2017/18 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Cagliari 3rd Juventus
    2018/19 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Sampdoria 3rd Fiorentina
    2019/20 - 1st Palermo 2nd Inter 3rd AC Milan
    2020/21 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Palermo 3rd Sampdoria
    2021/22 - 1st Fiorentina 2nd Palermo 3rd AC Milan

French Ligue 1

2011/12 - 1st Valenciennes 2nd Bordeaux 3rd Marseille
    2012/13 - 1st Lyon 2nd Marseille 3rd Sochaux
    2013/14 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2014/15 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2015/16 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille
    2016/17 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2017/18 - 1st Lyon 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille
    2018/19 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd RC Lens
    2019/20 - 1st PSG 2nd Toulouse 3rd Lyon
    2020/21 - 1st Marseille 2nd PSG 3rd Lyon
    2021/22 - 1st Toulouse 2nd PSG 3rd Marseille

Club - Europe

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Man Utd
    2012/13 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona
    2013/14 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Liverpool
    2014/15 - Winners PSG Runners-Up Barcelona
    2015/16 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up At. Madrid
    2016/17 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Madrid
    2017/18 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2018/19 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Arsenal
    2019/20 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Barcelona
    2020/21 - Winners Marseille Runners-Up Palermo
    2021/22 - Winners AC Milan Runners-Up Barcelona

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Rubin Kazan
    2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Porto
    2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Napoli
    2014/15 - Winners Benfica Runners-Up Bayern Munich
    2015/16 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Aston Villa
    2016/17 - Winners Liverpool Runners-Up Roma
    2017/18 - Winners Arsenal Runners-Up Lyon
    2018/19 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Tottenham
    2019/20 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Chelsea
    2020/21 - Winners Betis Runners-Up Liverpool
    2021/22 - Winners Porto Runners-Up Toulouse

International

World Cup

2014 - Winners France Runners-Up Ghana 3rd Place England Hosts Brazil
    2018 - Winners France Runners-Up Belgium 3rd Place Spain Hosts Russia
    2022 - Winners Germany Runners-Up Italy 3rd Place Mexico Hosts Qatar

European Championships

2012 - Winners Germany Runners-Up France Hosts Ukraine/Poland
    2016 - Winners Spain Runners-Up Belgium Hosts France
    2020 - Winners Croatia Runners-Up Russia Hosts Belgium
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 01:27.

Amateur

So close to winning absolutely everything this season, hopefully you'll fare better without the distraction of the Community Shield ;)

Part-Timer

What a gutting end to the season.

Still a very good performance though.

Roll on next season

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    So close to winning absolutely everything this season, hopefully you'll fare better without the distraction of the Community Shield ;)
    Haha. Now that I look at it that must have been our downfall last season haha.

What a gutting end to the season.

Still a very good performance though.

Roll on next season
    Definitely . Got a few updates ready for the new season which will be up tonight at some point.

Third Team

So close to winning everything,hope the rebuilding can be successful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    So close to winning everything,hope the rebuilding can be successful for you.
    Yeah it was very frustrating for us because we came so close. Fingers crossed my plan works this season. We are making losses of £10-13m per month because of the big money signings I had to make so I want to cut back a little bit.

Amateur

Bad luck, still it''s great that you are at the business end of nearly every tournament.

Good luck for next season

Amateur

At least you lost to the champions in the Champions League!
    A shame that you were so close in the FA cup and the league but a good season never the less.

Youth Team

Wow, that is really unlucky; not only to lose the cup final, but the league on goal difference :mad:

Man City must have scored a bucketful in the last few games!

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Wow, that is really unlucky; not only to lose the cup final, but the league on goal difference :mad:

Man City must have scored a bucketful in the last few games!
    They certainly did. We beat Villa 1-0 on the Wednesday to open up a 3pt lead with a better goal difference of 3. Then two days later they went and beat Leicester 6-0 to give them the advantage and then they beat Blackpool 4 or 5-0 on the last day to give us no chance.

Part-Timer

So bloody frustrating. We should have been well out of sight but somehow we just couldnt find the net and when we did we didnt hold onto it for very long. We gave away a sloppy penalty to give Newcastle the chance to level it. It was all us from then on and we should have battered them. Much to my suprise they took the lead in extra time but Rob Wilson grabbed an equiliser for us to force penalties. Luck wasnt on our side though as we failed to lift the FA Cup for a second season.
    I would be gutted for you, but I'm a Toon fan irl so..... Get In!!!!!

Sorry ;)

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    I would be gutted for you, but I'm a Toon fan irl so..... Get In!!!!!

Sorry ;)
    Haha. I will let you off!!!

Semi Pro

Unlucky in pulling up short this season!

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Unlucky in pulling up short this season!
    Cheers. Fingers crossed for a better one this season.

SRL88's Career - New Job Update - Argentina

Name: Argentina
    Nickname: The White and Sky Blue
    Stadium: Antonio Vespucio Liberti (64,645 - 25,685 seater)

So I am back in International Management with Argentina following a disappointing 2022 World Cup which resulted in a 2nd Round exit to Nigeria which led to the resignation of Claudio Borghi. I was offered the England, Spain, Germany & Brazil jobs but decided to take up the challenge of Argentina.

Expectations:
    Copa America:- Win it

My Expectations:
    Copa America:- I have to go for the win or there will be huge pressure on my shoulders.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 19:08.

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2022/23 - Liverpool FC

Board Expectations:
    Premier League: Challenge for the Title
    Champions League: Reach the Quater-Final
    FA Cup: Reach the Semi-Final
    League Cup: Not Important

My Expectations:
    Premier League: I want to regain our crown
    Champions League: Another nice run would be handy
    FA Cup: Im liking this competition so another trip to Wembley wouldnt be bad
    League Cup: Not to fussed

Budgets:
    Transfer: £154m
    Wage: £2,718,444 (Currently spending £1,540,232)
    Balance: £101,948,283 (-£3,029,090 since last season)

Key Player(s):
    Augusto - Had a big debut season and interest is brewing in him. Will need him to keep focused on the job at hand.
    Soren Oczipka - Following the departure of Sebastian Corchia, Oczipka steps into a pivotal role as my first choice right back. He needs to produce.
    Chris Ord - Our main source of goals. Can hardly leave him out can I?

10 Years On

I thought I would give you a little update as to where teams are after 10 years of the game. I will give you a list of teams who have made a movement of at least two leagues in England, and in other countries where it isnt possible then where I feel the change is significant.

England

On The Up:
    Huddersfield - League 1 to Premier League (with a few relegations to Championship included)
    Oldham - League 1 to Championship (via League 2)
    Crawley - League 2 to Championship
    Gillingham - League 2 to Championship (via BSP)
    Darlington ;) - BSP to League 1 (including 2 seasons in Championship
    Kettering - BSP to League 1
    Colwyn Bay - BSN to League 2
    Newport County - BSP to League 1
    Luton Town - BSP to League 1
    Dover - BSS to League 2

On the Fall:
    Portsmouth - Championship to BSS
    Millwall - Championship to League 2
    MK Dons - League 1 to BSP
    Carlisle - League 1 to BSN
    Bury - League 1 to BSN
    Dag & Red - League 2 to BSS

Spain

On the Up:
    Cartagena - Liga adelante to mid-table La Liga

On the Fall:
    Valencia - La Liga to Liga adelante

Germany

On the Up:
    Kalsruhe - Division 2 to Division 1
    Osnabruck - Division 3 to Division 1

On the Fall:
    HSV - Division 1 to Division 2
    Werder Bremen - Division 1 to Division 2

France

On the Up:
    Nimes Olympique - National to Ligue 1
    US Quevilly - National to Ligue 1
    US Creteil-Lusitanos - National to Ligue 1

Always nice to see.

A nice job offer, but Im not leaving Liverpool.

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2022/23 - Liverpool FC

Friendlies

A nice pre-season for us which sets us up nicely for the season ahead. We put in some solid displays and despite the defeat away to Freiburg it was a very good way to get us going.

SRL88's Career - August 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

A nice start to the season for us which could have obviously been better if we managed to beat Stoke. Still, to remain unbeaten in the opening month is always a bonus. We started with a nice win over Swansea before the draw with Stoke. We followed this in an impressive way though with a fantastic win away to Newcastle.

Transfers - In

Anes Arnautovic - Free - A player I signed at Aston Villa and when he became available on a free transfer I snapped him up to provide competition in the goalkeeping department.

Fuska - Loan - Brought him back in on loan, but this time with an agreed fee.

Benjamin Wunderlich - Free - Another free transfer. Should be a decent squad player.

Cyril David - Loan - A back-up only.

Omer Toprak - Loan - With so much experience leaving I thought it was a good idea to sign an experienced player on loan.

Transfers - Out

Not much outbound either except for cutting the wage bill a bit and making a few million.

August was a good month for a couple of our players.

Group Stage Draw

I forgot to take a screenshot of the full draw , but here is my group.

SRL88's Career - September 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

Still unbeaten, despite a couple of frustrating draws. We should have battered both West Ham & Spurs but couldnt take our chances. Against Spurs we got a bit lucky in the sense that they went 1-0 with their first shot and only shot at goal. We went down to 10 men as well but managed to grab an injury time equiliser to snatch a point...so to speak.

September 2022 - Continued

League Cup

An early exit fromt the League Cup this season with a poor performance at the Britannia.

Champions League

A good start to our European campaign with a solid win over Maccabi Haifa and a fantastic performance away to Fiorentina to give us a 2-0 win.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 20:21.

SRL88's Career - September 2022 Friendlies - Argentina

Two very nice wins to start off my life as Argentina manager. We started with a solid win over Ireland in a dominant manner but it took us until deep into the second half to finally break the deadlock. An even better win over Italy followed as I now boast a 100% record after two games as Argentina manager.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 22:56.

SRL88's Career - October 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

Our frustrating start to the season continued in October with annoying draws against Birmingham and Huddersfield as well as getting beat 3-2 at Old Trafford despite being 2-0 up. Boy how we needed to beat Chelsea. Confidence was a little low and I had a few players come to me saying they thought the club was underachieving but we battled hard for a big, big 3-2 win.

October 2022 - Continued

Champions League

How embarrassing!!! Such an annoying defeat as our struggles continued into Europe with a really poor defeat on home soil to Basel.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 20:39.

SRL88's Career - October 2022 Friendly - Argentina

My first away friendly in charge resulted in a battling performance which saw a great comeback capped with a 92nd minute goal to level things up and although our 100% record went, team spirit shone through as we remain unbeaten.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 22:56.

Copa America 2023 Draw

A group I think that we should comfortably get through in my eyes. It wont be easy, especially with Mexico in there but I feel we have more than enough to top the group.

SRL88's Career - November 2022 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

What a great turn around in form for us which brings us back into the title picture. That Chelsea win in October done us wonders as we put in a perfect month. Three solid wins over Leicester, Sunderland and WBA were followed up by a fantastic display and performance in a huge 5-1 over our nearest rivals.

November 2022 - Continued

Champions League

We also bounced back in Europe as well and put our shameful defeat to Basel to bed and qualify for the knockout phase with a game to spare.
    Last edited by SRL88; 05-03-2012 at 21:01.

Semi Pro

I know, its **** man. Im going to rent a cheaper house in June so I will get broadband put in then but at the minute Im paying out like £1200 in bills before I even consider food, clothes etc, and we have 2 kids as well. Pain in the arse.

Haha. I told her yesterday that it had run out and she just looked at me with a glare. 'We have things we could be doing on the Internet such as bills and you use it to talk to your cyber friends and Football bloody Manager'. Direct quote that was .
    I do use Haha. be lost with out u and these lot xxx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast