SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

Hello everyone. My name is SRL88 and I have followed some of the career threads on the FMCU so far on FM12 and decided to give it a go myself.

Threads by users include:

SnakeXe's

TomTuck's

B.W.G

They are among the many brilliant thread's for FM12 so take your time out to read them.

My Save

I am running a large database with the following nations/leagues:

Nation         |     Lowest League Loaded
------------------------------------------------
Australia      |     Hyundi A-League
Brazil         |     Second Division
China          |     First Divison
England        |     Blue Square N/S
France         |     National
Germany        |     Third Division
Holland        |     Jupiler League
Iceland        |     First Division
Ireland        |     First Division
Italy          |     Serie B
N.Ireland      |     Second Division
Portugal       |     Second Division
Russia         |     First Division
South Africa   |     National First Division
Spain          |     Liga adelante
Turkey         |     Second Division
USA            |     MLS
Wales          |     Premier League

In terms of what my laptop can handle, its a pretty big save with 75,000 players approximately loaded with 41 leagues from 18 nations.

I am going to be starting in July 2011 which is the start date for England.

Aims

• Win promotion with ANY team - Achieved 23/5/15.
  • Guide a team to the top division in their respective nation - Achieved 27/5/18.
  • Manage the club I support, Liverpool FC - Achieved 24/5/20.
  • Manage my second team, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
  • Win a European Trophy - Achieved 25/5/24.
  • Win a domestic cup competition - Achieved 15/5/19.
  • Win a league title in any of the 'BIG 5' European leagues - 9/5/21.
  • Manage a National side - Achieved 9/7/17.
  • Win a Continental Competition, e.g. Copa America - Achieved 28/7/35.
  • Win the World Cup - Achieved 16/7/34.
  • Most importantly, have fun :) - Achieved 17/12/11 when I started this thread ;).

I hope that you all enjoy my FM12 career and I hope that you all follow it closely!!!

And if I hit the bad times in my career, I will always have the greatest song of all time to cheer me up :)

[video=youtube;siMFORx8uO8]

If anyone gets to page 11/12 an notices screenshots missing I am sorry. I had to delete certain ones from my Imageshack account and I am trying to rectify the problem - if you wish to skip this section, the screenshots start again on page 19.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the day after I applied for all available positions, I was offered the following jobs:

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Two teams who are in the Brazilian National Second division which is currently 9 games into the season, with the sides sitting 16th and 17th respectively.

SKA, a Russian First Division side who sit 3rd from bottom in their league at pretty much the halfway mark in their season.

A Turkish side who are in the 2nd Division. They look the most interesting option as their season hasnt started yet so I dont have to worry with confidence issues like I would with the other teams.

Any tips on which club I should choose as my first step into management?

Personally I would be going to Turkey. I always think it's best to start at the lowest level and would have been happier if the Ballymoney job was in the list. Worse team you are at means lower expectations and more time to get the team playing. GL where ever you land though

Cheers mate :thup:.

A Turkish side who are in the 2nd Division. They look the most interesting option as their season hasnt started yet so I dont have to worry with confidence issues like I would with the other teams.

Any tips on which club I should choose as my first step into management?

Would definitely go with the Turkish, for the bolded part above. Gives you time to build your own team :thup:

Good luck

krklar1.jpg

Name: Kirklareli Spor

Nickname: None

Founded: 1968

Stadium: Kirklareli Ataturk (2,000 all-seater)

So my first step into management is with Turkish club Kirklareli Spor who ply their trade in the Turkish Second Division. We have a league prediction of 15th and the expectations arent high. The squad seems to have some capable players, but there is a definate lack of strength in depth. My first challenge will be to create a squad who can challenge in the league.

Good luck in Turkey mate. Having just played a couple seasons there, it's quite fun and challenging given the squad restrictions. :)
I can give you some help as a Turkish football fan myself ;). Best of luck.

Cheers lads!!! I will be updating as and when I can really because with Christmas coming up and having kids, its quite a busy time ha.

Thinking I will be doing Pre-season, mid-season and End of Season updates.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2011/12 - Kirklareli Spor

Board Expectations:

Turkish Second Division:- Enjoy the experience (Predicted 15th out of 17 - 2 relegation places)

Turkish Cup:- Enjoy the experience

My Expectations:

Turkish Second Division:- Mid-table (the squad has a very strong spine, it just lacks strength in depth..........for now)

Turkish Cup:- Anything beyond the First Round would be a bonus

Budget(s):

Transfer:- £5,519

Wage:- £12,318 (Currently spending £7,016)

Balance:- £53,286

Squad:

As previously mentioned, there is a good spine to the team, but the evident lack of strength in depth is the problem. I will make it my main aim to assess the problem to give me the best possible chance of competing in the division. A CB and RB is a must!!!

Key Player(s):

Alisan Seker - GK

Berkan Ergene - CM

Ilkem Ozkaynak - LB

Ishak Topcu - FW

Boo, you'll get relegated :D. Good luck dude :).

Always full of optimism NF :).

Hope you have plenty of time to start making a mark on the squad.

Same here. I will be doing it the best I can.

Good luck in Turkey!

Signings so far:

Baris Kol - Centre midfielder who joins on loan and adds a bit of quality to the midfield, but also offers a lot of versatility.

Fransergio - An experienced defensive midfielder who joins as a player coach.

Ibrahim Metli - Comes in as the first choice right back.

Ismail Gulduren - Experienced centre back who may pick up a yellow card or two, but will prove vital to my back-line.

Ozgur Kaymaz - Arrives on loan as a squad player.

Tolga Dogantez - Despite being 36yo, the centre backs experience & influence could be one that guides me up the table.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season 2011/12 - Kirklareli Spor

Friendlies

kirklarelisporfixturesf.png

We got through pre-season with a 100% record which I was really pleased with as the lads settled nicely on the 4-5-1 formation I have been adopting. The win over Bursaspor being the stand-out.

Formation

kirklarelisportacticste.png

We have been using a rigid style of play so far this season. I would rather win 1-0 than 4-3 so this is the way we will be going this season.

Transfers

kirklarelisportransfers.png

A lot more ins than outs, but it was needed. I have a lot of players transfer listed in the reserves, but no interest in them. The players who joined add a lot of class as well as strength in depth to the side.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - September 2011 - Kirklareli Spor

Turkish Division Two Group A

turkishseconddivisionovwq.png

A nice start to life in Turkey so far. We pinched a last minute win in the opening game, but had a 1-0 win pinched off us in the last minute the following match. What followed though was simply brilliant. A fantastic 4-1 win over Altay was very pleasing on the eye, and we followed this up with a disciplined display in the following match to round the month off with a 2-0 win.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - October 2011 - Kirklareli Spor

turkishseconddivisionov.png

Another good month which see's us remain unbeaten, but it could have been much better. The final game of the month Urfaspor we missed a penalty, then went 1-0 up, had a man sent off before conceding in the 92nd minute :mad:. I wont whinge to much though as team morale is extremely high at the moment. Looking forward to November ha.

You're a parent club already!

I have quite a lot of players in the reserves who I really dont want and with there being no reserve league, I might as well try and get rid of them in some way ha.

Do you know any good RB's fo the Turkish 2nd Division? :p.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - November 2011 - Kirklareli Spor

A mixed month, especially as we tasted defeat for the first time, but we bounced back in style with an impressive 7-0 win away to Kocaelispor. Sadly we couldnt continue the form and a dissappointing draw followed, but we battled for a 2-2 draw to round off the month and still find outselves in the Championship hunt.

Turkish Cup 1st Round

We battled against Group B opposition to win 2-1 and move into the next round, which gave us a very kind draw against non-league opposition.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - December 2011 - Kirklareli Spor

Another mixed month and the defeat to top of the table Balikesirspor knocked us back a bit. Basically anyone from 2nd down to 13th look in with a chance of making the play-offs at this stage.

Turkish Cup 2nd Round

A nice win against non-league opposition as we went down to 10 men early in the 2nd half when we were 1-0 up. Having changed things around a little, we hit them on the counter to kill the game off with a nice 4-0 win. In the 3rd Round we will meet 1st division side Kayseri Erciyesspor who currently sit 5th in the league.

Going well so far but could do with turning some of those draws into wins.

Yeah I know. If I can then I will be in with a chance of claiming the title!!!

Great start, keep it up! Thanks for the free advertising as well :D

No worries mate :p.

Through injury I have lost my best striker (2 month), my best two wingers (4 month and 3 month), my best centre midfielder (4 month) and a back-up centre midfielder (2 month). Got next to know decent players to come into the squad and no wages free to sign anyone. Now the challenge begins.

Looks like an interesting career ahead and a nice start already, good luck :thup:

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - January 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

Just two league games in January due to the winter break. A lovely away win against Adiyamanspor (seriously sick of these long names) was followed by an average performance from a depleted squad against Pendikspor. Going forward we need to put a run together to cemente our place in the play-offs atleast.

Turkish Cup 3rd Round

Well we went out at in the 3rd Round to higher level opposition, but put up a good fight and it was only the last 10mins when we started to tire that they had complete control.

Transfer(s)

Just 1 arrival in January. Due to having no wage budget left we couldnt really sign anyone, but had to bring in a winger from somewhere.

Kazim Dortbudak

Archived