+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,800 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Hopefully a few players get lost on their way to the training ground and end up in Argentina .

Amateur

Having a look at the league and cup winners of the years gone by on your save, Chelsea only won two trophies since you started, wow Roman wouldn't have been happy

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy_1988 View Post
    Having a look at the league and cup winners of the years gone by on your save, Chelsea only won two trophies since you started, wow Roman wouldn't have been happy
    They are just an average side now. Yeah they have had a couple of second or third place finishes, but generally they finish between 7th and their lowest position of 13th. Roman actually left the club in 2029 so hasnt been around for 3 seasons.

Amateur

Shocking lol did they often spend 'big'?

Youth Team

Congrats on the league and Copa Libertadores!

Subs Bench

Simply amazing in the Libertadores dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy_1988 View Post
    Shocking lol did they often spend 'big'?
    Yeah they have spent big pretty much throughout, but the last couple of years in Roman's reign and the last few years they havent spent much more than £25m overall each season.

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Congrats on the league and Copa Libertadores!
    Cheers fella .

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Simply amazing in the Libertadores dude.
    Thank you Sir .

Part-Timer

A great season for WBA back in England. Also is it a error on the League cup final result, or did Nottm Forest really beat Brighton in the final 2 years in a row?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    Also is it a error on the League cup final result, or did Nottm Forest really beat Brighton in the final 2 years in a row?
    I was wandering that aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    A great season for WBA back in England. Also is it a error on the League cup final result, or did Nottm Forest really beat Brighton in the final 2 years in a row?
    I was wandering that aswell?
    It certainly was a good season for WBA. They were as high as second at one point.
    Regarding the League Cup Final, yes it is correct. Nottingham Forest have beaten Brighton two years in a row in the League Cup Final.

Subs Bench

How have those respective clubs, (Forrest and Brighton) done in your save?

In mine Forret have dropped all the way down to League 2, and have been there now for three seasons. Brighton on the other hand have remained in the Championship the whole, with a high of 7th and a low of 21st.

How have those respective clubs, (Forrest and Brighton) done in your save?

In mine Forret have dropped all the way down to League 2, and have been there now for three seasons. Brighton on the other hand have remained in the Championship the whole, with a high of 7th and a low of 21st.
    Forest in the League (although I dont know what has happened to the records)
    Brighton in the league

Forest have won the League Cup for the last two seasons and also lost to Sampdoria in the Europa League Final a few seasons ago.
    Brighton have obviously been runners up in the League Cup the last two years, and the season before that they lost in the FA Cup Final to Newport County.

Subs Bench

The same has happened to Forrest in my records, (well only one season missing so far). Quite strange.

SRL88's Career - August 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

A very nice start to the season for us. We kicked off our campaign with a solid win over San Lorenzo. This was followed up with a fantastic performance and result away to San Martin. I was annoyed that we conceded a goal though when we were 4-0 up. I hate conceding goals more than anything. Next up we destroyed Velez at home with Galvan running them ragged upfront and causing them problems all game long. Going into the game against Banfield both of our goalkeepers were out injured so we had to rely on our reserve goalkeeper. In what was a very keenly contested tie we managed to grab a very solid point with a 1-1 draw.

The same has happened to Forrest in my records, (well only one season missing so far). Quite strange.
    Yeah Im not sure why either.

Subs Bench

Very good start to the Apertura dude.

Luis De Leon and Gabriel Galvan have been well amongst the goals.

Very good start to the Apertura dude.

Luis De Leon and Gabriel Galvan have been well amongst the goals.
    Cheers fella .

I am absolutely delighted with the start that we have made as a team and also with both De Leon and Galvan as you mentioned.

SRL88's Career - September 2033 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifers

Another two wins as we continue our great form up as we get ever nearer to the World Cup. Like in previous games, I made a lot of changes to the squad and the starting line-up just so I can test out other players in competitive games to see if it makes any difference to their mindset. We had to rely on a late goal against Colombia before we played Chile off the park. It took my former Liverpool player Celio to grab two goals in the second half to seal the game after we were level at 1-1.

Subs Bench

Getting better and better performances from the Brazil side is a great sign with less than a year to the World Cup.

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

You're certainly finding success in South America!

Getting better and better performances from the Brazil side is a great sign with less than a year to the World Cup.
    They certainly are. Im chuffed with the fact that a lot of the fringe players are also coming into the competitive games and staking their claim.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    You're certainly finding success in South America!
    Cheers fella .

Semi Pro

Congratulations for the Libertadores trophy, that was a great campaign to bounce back after a bit of a dodgy group stage (altho against difficult opponents).

Looking good in the league so far this season, but early days yet. You qualified for the Libertadores this season through being holders right?

Youth Team

Two trophies in your first season, well done!

The league's looking a lot closer than I thought it would be; I suppose that's one of the benefits of a 19 game competition, any half decent has a chance!

Amateur

Congrats on winning Libertadores after that start to the group of death. Started pretty well this year in the league. Good luck in the World Cup with Brazil and the World Club Cup in December!

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Congratulations for the Libertadores trophy, that was a great campaign to bounce back after a bit of a dodgy group stage (altho against difficult opponents).

Looking good in the league so far this season, but early days yet. You qualified for the Libertadores this season through being holders right?
    Cheers fella . I was chuffed with how we performed in the Knockout Stage considering we stuttered our way through the group.

We are in the Libertadores this season yeah, but we are also in the Sudamericana as well which confused me because they are both continental competitions. Anyway, I PM'd PMLF who is the Brazilian Researcher and this is what he said:

Code:
    There are two tables in Argentina:

A Libertadores table, which is based on a year, not season (ex: 2012)
    A Sudamericana table, which is based on the season (ex: 2011-12)

In Argentina clubs can play both competitions in same year although this is changing now in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Two trophies in your first season, well done!

The league's looking a lot closer than I thought it would be; I suppose that's one of the benefits of a 19 game competition, any half decent has a chance!
    Cheers AK . I was surprised last season with the fact that we went unbeaten all the way through the Apertura but yet we werent exactly a mile infront of anyone, but as you say, all you need is a decent 19 games and loads of teams stand a chance of claiming either league.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Congrats on winning Libertadores after that start to the group of death. Started pretty well this year in the league. Good luck in the World Cup with Brazil and the World Club Cup in December!
    Cheers .

I am really, really looking forward to the World Cup with Brazil, and I am hoping that even if we dont have a great tournament that I wont get sacked because I would like to take the side into the Copa America as well and introduce some younger players into the squad after the World Cup.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I am really, really looking forward to the World Cup with Brazil, and I am hoping that even if we dont have a great tournament that I wont get sacked because I would like to take the side into the Copa America as well and introduce some younger players into the squad after the World Cup.
    Yeah, good luck with that!

First Team Squad Member

Well done on the Libertadores win, I hated the scheduling of that competition on one save my captain retired a couple of days before the final due to it crossing the season end date.

I'm enjoying seeing you outside of Europe, any plans for what's next or not thought that far ahead?

Yeah, good luck with that!
    Haha. I need some luck from somewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Well done on the Libertadores win, I hated the scheduling of that competition on one save my captain retired a couple of days before the final due to it crossing the season end date.

I'm enjoying seeing you outside of Europe, any plans for what's next or not thought that far ahead?
    Yeah it was rather daft with the fact that we didnt play our first group stage game until February and the whole tournament was over by June.

Regarding my plans, I have loaded up all the leagues from Uruguay & Chile, as well as already having the leagues loaded up from Brazil, USA and Mexico so I have it half planned in my head that I would like a good decade or so on the America's.

Subs Bench

Regarding my plans, I have loaded up all the leagues from Uruguay & Chile, as well as already having the leagues loaded up from Brazil, USA and Mexico so I have it half planned in my head that I would like a good decade or so on the America's.
    Oh dear, you're save's going bye-bye.

First Team Squad Member

I always find Mexico great fun.

Oh dear, you're save's going bye-bye.
    Is it heck. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt regarding Europe. Its nice to have a change.

I still need to manage Hoffenheim though so I do need to get round to going back into Europe at some point.

I always find Mexico great fun.
    I will only go if the offer is right. I am forever being linked with clubs from that country.

Subs Bench

Is it heck. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt regarding Europe. Its nice to have a change.

I still need to manage Hoffenheim though so I do need to get round to going back into Europe at some point.
    I meant with you adding leagues during the save. Well known problem as it adds too many new players and makes the DB swell.

I meant with you adding leagues during the save. Well known problem as it adds too many new players and makes the DB swell.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Im with you now . Lets blame it on the hangover.

I dont think I have to many leagues loaded. In total this is what I have loaded up. I have removed a few since the start of the game like and could probably remove a few more, but I tend not to shut down my laptop anyway and just close the screen so FM is always running. That way I never have the worry of it not loading up .

Youth Team

I added leagues when I went to South America and had no problems 15 seasons or so down the line.

Subs Bench

Don't shoot the messenger, only relaying what I have read previously.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I added leagues when I went to South America and had no problems 15 seasons or so down the line.
    Don't shoot the messenger, only relaying what I have read previously.
    Fight, fight, fight.

SRL88's Career - September 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

A rather mixed month in truth. The game against All Boys was a typical case of just wanting the game to be over with as quickly as possible. We were very poor and I found the game hard to watch. We did bounce back nicely with a good win over Union before a trip to Racing Club. This was a game where we just couldnt score despite chance after chance. We should have trounced them but the ball just wouldnt go in the back of the net. There was a mixture of ill-fortune and poor finishing. We rounded off September with a very nice win over Newell's at home.

Copa Sudamericana Second Preliminary Round

Two very hard fought games against a good Banfield side. We won the first leg thanks to a wonder goal from our right back Sinkovec very late on in the game. I knew Banfield would be up for the second leg and they were. They took the lead in the game but we hit them excelently on the counter and managed to grab an equiliser. Despite chances at both ends the score remained at 1-1 and we managed to move into the next round.

Fans flock to see my teams .

SRL88's Career - October 2033 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifers

So qualifying for the World Cup is over with and we rounded things off with two mixed results. We beat our biggest rivals 2-1 at home with Celio running the show. Against Uruguay we conceded a penalty early on and despite our complete dominance we just couldnt score. We were limited to shots from distance but when we finally did get through their back line we just blazed our shots over. The 1-0 loss was our first defeat for over 2 years.

Youth Team

THe must give Uruguary some confidence heading into the World Cup. Guess you'll have to destroy them there

SRL88's Career - October 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

A truely excellent month for us as we go level on points with All Boys at the top of the table. We started with a win over Argentinos who were top of the table at that point. It was a very hard fought game but the win was more important than the performance. We followed this up with an excellent away day performance to grab a 2-0 win. We nearly made a hash of things in our next two games, falling behind in each game but managing to come from behind to grab the win. The month was rounded off with a 1-0 win away to Ferro.

Copa Sudamericana First Round

Two excellent performances which resulted in two fantastic wins. Galvan was the star of the show with a hat-trick in each game but to put 10 goals past a team over two legs was a very pleasing thing to watch. This set up a tie against Newell's in the Quater-Final.

THe must give Uruguary some confidence heading into the World Cup. Guess you'll have to destroy them there
    Bad day at the office is what I would put it down to .

Nearly a clean sweep.

A well deserved award if you ask me.

SRL88's Career - November 2033 - Brazil

Friendlies

I was slightly disappointed with my return to my home land. We took the lead thanks to a well worked set piece but England pegged us back from a set piece of their own. They scored a second in the second half and that turned out to be the winner despite numerous chances. Things were much better against Northern Ireland. We dominated possession and could have scored more but I was more than happy for 2-0.

Youth Team

A split draw. At least you go back to Brazil with something.

A split draw. At least you go back to Brazil with something.
    Best getting the defeats out the way before the World Cup.

Third Team

Not too bad a start in the Apertura as well as the Copa Sudamericana.Think you should be among the favourites for the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Not too bad a start in the Apertura as well as the Copa Sudamericana.Think you should be among the favourites for the World Cup.
    You say start, but in 6 games time the Apertura will be finished .

We will be amongst the favourites for the World Cup for sure. We are currently ranked second in the world thanks to our defeat to England and have been overtaken by Argentina.

An excellent achievement.

SRL88's Career - November 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

Three wins in the month leave us a point behind the leaders All Boys but we have an essential game in hand which I feel will decide where the title goes. Two thumping wins over Lanus and River Plate were followed by a very hard fought win over Independiente. It took a goal in injury time to give us all three points, and a goal I jumped so high that my laptop nearly fell on the floor.

Copa Sudamericana Quater-Final, Semi-Final and Final 1st Leg

A brilliant run of results as we made our way to the Final, but also on the brink of claiming our first trophy of the season. We were given very tough games against both Newell's and Union, but we managed to show our class to get us through the Final. That drew us against Brazilian side Santa Cruz and with the first leg being away from home, and our current winning streak I was confident of getting a result and we did just that. A brilliant performance and an excellent result put us in a commanding position.

Again, thoroughly deserved.

Subs Bench

Excellent stuff in the Apertura, should win it again.

Excellent stuff in the Apertura, should win it again.
    Well if we continue the way we have been playing lately I cant see anyone stopping us.

Amateur

Good to see your doing better in South America than me! Yet to get a tactic to work consistantly yet

Subs Bench

Well if we continue the way we have been playing lately I cant see anyone stopping us.
    Just need to do better in the Clausura this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie B View Post
    Good to see your doing better in South America than me! Yet to get a tactic to work consistantly yet
    What is your tactic currently?

Just need to do better in the Clausura this time.
    Haha. Time will tell with that one.

Subs Bench

Congratulations on the Sudamericana dude.

Amateur

[QUOTE=SRL88;7962804]What is your tactic currently?

Tried a 451/4231 but width doesn't seem to work to well in Brazil with all the 422 formations etc

Amateur

Good job with the Sudamericana Galvan is pretty impressive I must say

Congratulations on the Sudamericana dude.
    Cheers fella .

Tried a 451/4231 but width doesn't seem to work to well in Brazil with all the 422 formations etc
    I suppose it depends on your players. If you havent got any decent wingers then I would go narrow, but if you do then use width. I always find a 4-2-3-1 formation works.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage94 View Post
    Good job with the Sudamericana Galvan is pretty impressive I must say
    Cheers dude. You are right, Galvan is fantastic. Its hard to believe he started my first season as a back-up.

Third Team

Congrats on winning the Copa Sudamericana,Galvan did alright I guess

2034 FIFA World Cup Draw

Congrats on winning the Copa Sudamericana,Galvan did alright I guess
    Yeah could have been better ha.

Youth Team

Nice job on the Copa Sudamericana! Nice to taste continental silverware.

Amateur

Is there a supercup in brazil if there is who you going to play if you wi the libertos

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Is there a supercup in brazil if there is who you going to play if you wi the libertos
    That doesn't make sense?!

Nice job on the Copa Sudamericana! Nice to taste continental silverware.
    Cheers fella .

Two continental trophies won in Argentina already.

That doesn't make sense?!
    I echo Tom's comment. I dont understand what you are asking.

Part-Timer

Cheers fella .

Two continental trophies won in Argentina already.

I echo Tom's comment. I dont understand what you are asking.
    I think buzz2k7 just needs some punctuation for the question to make sense. I think he's asking: Is there a Supercup (something like a Charity Shield or the European Supercup) in Brazil? If there is, and you win the Libertadores, who would be your opponent in the Supercup?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernpilgrim View Post
    I think buzz2k7 just needs some punctuation for the question to make sense. I think he's asking: Is there a Supercup (something like a Charity Shield or the European Supercup) in Brazil? If there is, and you win the Libertadores, who would be your opponent in the Supercup?
    I might be in my second season in Argentina, but I havent got a clue how this continent works yet . I am just taking it as it comes, and as I play in a competition, thats how I learn whats going on .

SRL88's Career - December 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

Sadly our fantastic run of form came to an end at the complete wrong time. We started December with a very nice 4-0 win at home to Rosario, but that was the start of an extremely congested fixture list which the Argentine FA conjured up for us as we began to run on those cheap 30p batteries that you get from the shops. God we were exhausted byt he end of the run (more on that in a bit). Anyway, the game against Colon was the game which effectively handed the title to All Boys as we just couldnt get the job done. We rounded off the Apertura with a disappointing defeat away to Arsenal.

Copa Argentina 5th Round

A fantastic performance and a brilliant result against Colon. The win set up a 6th Round tie against Second Division side San Martin (T).

December 2033 - Continued

Copa Sudamericana Final 2nd Leg

A very good performance resulted in a comfortable win to see us win the Sudamericana to cap off what was a brilliant tournament for us.

World Club Championship Semi-Final and Final

What a truely fantastic achievement for us. Despite our utter dominance in the Semi-Final, we had to rely on a last minute goal in extra time to set up the expected Final against Real Madrid. In the Final I got my tactics completely spot on. I allowed Real to have all the possession they wanted and sat deep to frustrate the living daylight out of them. We scored very early on in the game which allowed us to have something to defend and despite all their pressure they just couldnt break down our solid defence. The second half was pretty much exactly the same as the first. We let Real have all the possession in the world but we grabbed a second goal to make the result a little more comfortable. Real's pressure resulted in nothing for them as we grabbed a brilliant 2-0 win and claim the clubs first ever World Club Championship.
    Last edited by SRL88; 17-07-2012 at 01:22.

Youth Team

Excellent job winning the Club World Cup - I know from my time at Santos how difficult that one is!

Amateur

I suppose it depends on your players. If you havent got any decent wingers then I would go narrow, but if you do then use width. I always find a 4-2-3-1 formation works.
    Tbh the team is decent in both areas even before signings (I'm Guarani in 2nd Division) but I found the 4-2-3-1 not defensively sound and a lot of goals were conceded through attacks down the middle where teams would pass around in front of back 4 before splitting them with a killer ball. Doesnt help im in a middle of a season and brazilian teams are not used to playing with width so takes a long time for the formation to become competent let alone fluid. Might just stick with a narrow formation until end of season and then use the pre-season to bed in a 4231 when the players are used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Excellent job winning the Club World Cup - I know from my time at Santos how difficult that one is!
    Cheers Snake. I have to say that the win over Real is one of the most satisfying wins I have ever had.

Tbh the team is decent in both areas even before signings (I'm Guarani in 2nd Division) but I found the 4-2-3-1 not defensively sound and a lot of goals were conceded through attacks down the middle where teams would pass around in front of back 4 before splitting them with a killer ball. Doesnt help im in a middle of a season and brazilian teams are not used to playing with width so takes a long time for the formation to become competent let alone fluid. Might just stick with a narrow formation until end of season and then use the pre-season to bed in a 4231 when the players are used to it.
    Yeah that is the problem I had in my first two games in charge of Brazil. That is why I went to a narrow formation and it suits them well.

I am very happy to claim this award.

Amateur

Yeah that is the problem I had in my first two games in charge of Brazil. That is why I went to a narrow formation and it suits them well.
    Yeah i think I will go for a narrow formation with either 1 or 2 strikers yet to decide. I see the 4231 works in Argentina hopefully I will get move there or Europe soon, not enjoying my stint in Brazil

Third Team

Brilliant victory over Real Madrid in the Club World Cup final,what a way to finish the calender year

Quote Originally Posted by Northernpilgrim View Post
    I understand this now. I have just got a message up about a match in the Recopa which is played between the winners of the Libertadores and the Sudamericana. Because I won both competitions I will face the side I beat in the Libertadores.

Yeah i think I will go for a narrow formation with either 1 or 2 strikers yet to decide. I see the 4231 works in Argentina hopefully I will get move there or Europe soon, not enjoying my stint in Brazil
    Just stick to it matey and you will get into it. I was a little apprehensive at first as to whether I would get into the save or not but you soon do.

Brilliant victory over Real Madrid in the Club World Cup final,what a way to finish the calender year
    Cheers fella . As I said it was one of the most enjoyable wins of my career.

SRL88's Career - Mid-Season - 2033/34 - Boca Juniors

Friendlies

Not the best of results, but we had a hard month prior to this and we did come home with the World Club Championship so I cant complain about a couple of defeats in friendlies. At least the lads kept up their match fitness.

Transfers - Out

No signings during the mid-season break but there was one departure, all be it on loan, but our number one last season wanted first team football and I couldnt give him it so I allowed him to leave.

Subs Bench

Awesome performance in the Club World Cup.

And in the Apertura it looks like All Boys simply win by smashing loads of goals in - their tally is crazy!

I thought whether there was a Super Cup between the Libertadores and Sudamericane winners, but didn't quite follow what buzz2k7 was getting at with the Brazil thing. Sounded more like he expected a Super Cup between the Brazilian League winners and the Argentine League winners, hence my confusion.

First Team Squad Member

All Boys scoring loads of goals there. Absolutely brilliant beating Real Madrid, I think that has to be the most impressive win of your career so far.

On a side note, have any ex-players gone on to be good managers?

Youth Team

Wow, the All Boys grabbed a huge amount of goals in a short span.

Awesome performance in the Club World Cup.

And in the Apertura it looks like All Boys simply win by smashing loads of goals in - their tally is crazy!

I thought whether there was a Super Cup between the Libertadores and Sudamericane winners, but didn't quite follow what buzz2k7 was getting at with the Brazil thing. Sounded more like he expected a Super Cup between the Brazilian League winners and the Argentine League winners, hence my confusion.
    Cheers Tom .

I have to say that All Boys were absolutely insane. I was never going to beat them on goal difference, which is why when we drew with Colon I knew our chance was over.

I didnt understand Buzz' post at first but when I got the message through I clicked. Its weird that it isnt played until the start of next season though.

All Boys scoring loads of goals there. Absolutely brilliant beating Real Madrid, I think that has to be the most impressive win of your career so far.

On a side note, have any ex-players gone on to be good managers?
    Definitely the best win of my career and probably one of my best ever.

I cant remember every player who I have managed, but going through the ones who I have signed and sold over the years (up until about 2027 because after that they are most likely still playing), here is the list of players who have gone on to become Managers:

Brad Guzan (Managed him at Aston Villa)
    Daniel (Managed him on loan from Liverpool when at Darlington and Managed him at Liverpool when I went there)
    Filipe Carvalhinho (Managed him on loan at Darlington)
    Gary Gardner (Managed him at Aston Villa)
    Jack Robinson (Managed him at Liverpool)
    Jason Ball (Managed him at Blackpool)
    Jordan Mustoe (Managed him at Darlington)
    Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Managed him at Liverpool)
    Madinda Chunga (Managed him at Liverpool)
    Marc Albrighton (Managed him at Aston Villa)
    Marcelo Mattos (Managed him at Blackpool)
    Michael Parker (Managed him at Blackpool)
    Remzil Huylu (Managed him at Kirklarelispor)
    Tom Lees (Managed him at Aston Villa)
    Tsepo Masilela (Managed him at Aston Villa)

Wow, the All Boys grabbed a huge amount of goals in a short span.
    Yeah it was rather ridiculous.

First Team Squad Member

So Brad Guzan likes living in America then. Thanks for all the screen shots, has any one that starts the game as a player made it into the hall of fame as a manager yet?

Also another key question answered was who the heck was that Longstaff bloke on my steam.

Reserves

The boys are alright.

Amateur

Unlucky in the Apertura, but more than made up for it with a great win in the World Club Cup

The World Cup draw was pretty kind to you, definitely should qualify from that.

So Brad Guzan likes living in America then. Thanks for all the screen shots, has any one that starts the game as a player made it into the hall of fame as a manager yet?

Also another key question answered was who the heck was that Longstaff bloke on my steam.
    Haha yeah I suppose he does. Im not sure on the Hall of Fame thing, but I will have a check when I load FM up when I am next on.

That Longstaff bloke is quite a character. I would stay in his good books .

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    The boys are alright.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Unlucky in the Apertura, but more than made up for it with a great win in the World Club Cup

The World Cup draw was pretty kind to you, definitely should qualify from that.
    Yeah I was delighted to claim the World Club Championship.

Also, really looking forward to the World Cup. We should top the group comfortably and then face the second place team in Group E which shouldnt be Argentina so that should be atleast the Quater-Final for us.

Im not sure on the Hall of Fame thing, but I will have a check when I load FM up when I am next on.
    To answer your question AB, as of yet there are no former players have entered the game as Managers and gone on to move into the HOF at all.

Amateur

Just stick to it matey and you will get into it. I was a little apprehensive at first as to whether I would get into the save or not but you soon do.
    Early days but the narrow formation seems to be working better with a win and a draw against much higher opposition, hopefully I can now kick on and continue this until FM 13 comes out

Early days but the narrow formation seems to be working better with a win and a draw against much higher opposition, hopefully I can now kick on and continue this until FM 13 comes out
    Cracking news . I aim to keep this save going until FM13.

Copa Libertadores Group Stage Draw

Well it could have been a lot worse I supose. We had a stinker of a draw last year and managed to get through that so I remain confident. Im not best pleased about facing Santos again but I am sure we will be fine.

Reserves

This one's much better, even with Santos.

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    This one's much better, even with Santos.
    Definitely. We should be able to get through this without much trouble.

Youth Team

Very unlucky in the league, but what a exceptional result in the Club World Cup. Of course, you wouldn't have stood a chance against my Real Madrid side ;-)

Santos will be tough, but you should still get through the group without too much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Very unlucky in the league, but what a exceptional result in the Club World Cup. Of course, you wouldn't have stood a chance against my Real Madrid side ;-)

Santos will be tough, but you should still get through the group without too much hassle.
    Haha. I beg to differ but cheers .

Santos will be the toughest out of the three sides, but having beaten them on both ocassions last season I am confident that we wont have to many issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast