+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I aim to get back on my save tonight guys. I would have yesterday, but I was teaching tennis all day and actually played quite a few proper games with the kids at the school I teach at and I was goosed. Couldnt be arsed to move when I got in ha.
    Tired from playing tennis with kids? Man up for goodness sake!

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Tired from playing tennis with kids? Man up for goodness sake!
    6 hours of constantly playing tennis is rather tiring when you havent been able to do much sport thanks to torn knee ligaments I will have you know .

Amateur

Quite a fantastic career you have had! especially at Liverpool, who are also my favourite team as well!

Think you made the right decision taking the Brazil job, doesn't come along too often!

I know you've only been in Madrid just over a year but any plans on moving abroad and out of Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by DBurns View Post
    Quite a fantastic career you have had! especially at Liverpool, who are also my favourite team as well!

Think you made the right decision taking the Brazil job, doesn't come along too often!

I know you've only been in Madrid just over a year but any plans on moving abroad and out of Europe?
    Cheers fella. Glad you have enjoyed it!!!

I do want to leave Europe to be honest with USA, Argentina or Brazil being the most likely destination. I also want to manage Hoffenheim still so I do have quite a few things on my list of things to do. Cant see myself managing in Asia, Africa or Oceania to be honest.

Youth Team

Champions League play progressing wel well

Amateur

those pesky kids keep up the good work staying ahead of Barca!

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Champions League play progressing wel well
    Cheers cerud .

Quote Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post
    those pesky kids keep up the good work staying ahead of Barca!
    Haha I agree!!!

Amateur

Did you at least beat the kids at tennis?

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Did you at least beat the kids at tennis?
    Of course . I am to competitive to get beat. I dont like losing at all so I take everything to do with sport seriously .

It may have been against lower level opposition, but its always nice to be breaking records .

SRL88's Career - November 2031 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifiers

Two excellent performances in November from us, but sadly just the one victory. We beat Bolivia at a canter and didnt really have to get out of second gear. Things started very well against Ecuador as we dominated from the first whistle before finally taking the lead after just 15 minutes. Sadly though, with one of their only two shots during the entire game, they levelled it before half time. We dominated the rest of the game but just couldnt score. Still, to be sat unbeaten after four games is quite nice and there is still a long way to go.

We dont have another International fixture until March when we play a friendly away to Scotland before the World Cup Qualifiers get underway again with games against Venezuela (h) and Colombia (a).

Subs Bench

Though the result against Ecuador doesn't look the greatest, it has still helped you to be two clear at the top of the standings. Point gained.

(Wow, I'm such a negative manager)

Third Team

Brilliant season so far,congrats on hitting double figures as well.Not the best of performances so far with Brazil but points are points at the end of the day

Part-Timer

Whether it's 1 point gained or 2 gone doesn't depend on being positive or negative. If you win the group by 1 point, that 1 point is a point that contributed. If you miss out by 1, the 2 dropped are the 2 that would have won it for you, simple as that.

Though the result against Ecuador doesn't look the greatest, it has still helped you to be two clear at the top of the standings. Point gained.

(Wow, I'm such a negative manager)
    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Brilliant season so far,congrats on hitting double figures as well.Not the best of performances so far with Brazil but points are points at the end of the day
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernpilgrim View Post
    Whether it's 1 point gained or 2 gone doesn't depend on being positive or negative. If you win the group by 1 point, that 1 point is a point that contributed. If you miss out by 1, the 2 dropped are the 2 that would have won it for you, simple as that.
    To be perfectly honest with Brazil. As long as we finish in the top 4 and qualify for the World Cup I honestly dont care. If we get there, then I can worry about things after .

I just wanted to show you this out of interest:

Part-Timer

Yeah, I guess qualification is the key thing, but having said that, you might find yourself made a second seed if you 'only' finished 4th, and that would leave you facing a first seed, potentially one of Europe's giants, whereas winning it you're guaranteed a 1st seed spot, and theoretically an easier group.

SRL88's Career - November 2031 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

Well we had an excellent month to bounce back from our defeat to Malaga last month. We scored a solid 2-0 win away to Sporting before brushing Getafe aside. We really had to work against Espanyol as they matched us all over the pitch, but we scored the only goal of the game for victory. We rounded November off with a nice 3-1 win at home to Sevilla.

November 2031 - Continued

Spanish Cup 4th Round 2nd Leg

Despite facing lower league opposition this was a brilliant win. In the process we broke a couple of records and set up a tie against Valencia in the 5th Round.

Champions League

Two brilliant wins in Europe for us. We were made to work hard against Lyon, but the result against Shakhtar was as comprehensive as it looks. Its very nice to get through with game(s) to spare.
    Last edited by SRL88; 28-06-2012 at 00:42.

Amateur

Great Month! It'll be interesting to see your GD in the CL group after you assumedly smack Aberdeen in the final game.

Part-Timer

How do you find combining international and club management? I have always found that my club form isn't as good as before I got the job. It's as if the game is trying to say 'you aren't spending as much time with your club, therefore they can't be capable of performing to the same level.

Amateur

I swear this thread had 34 pages last time i looked at it.....

Amateur

Doing well this season, should hopefully shake Malaga and Barcelona off your heels soon

Reserves

Good work on all fronts, especially on your record in La Liga this season.

Youth Team

Doing very well in the league, hopefully you can keep this sort of form going.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Great Month! It'll be interesting to see your GD in the CL group after you assumedly smack Aberdeen in the final game.
    Shall I go for a nice round number of 20? So that means a 6-0 win in Scotland.

How do you find combining international and club management? I have always found that my club form isn't as good as before I got the job. It's as if the game is trying to say 'you aren't spending as much time with your club, therefore they can't be capable of performing to the same level.
    I actually spend a lot more time focusing on the club than I do the national team. When I first take over the job I narrow things down to who my best 3 or 4 players are in each position and keep them in the national pool. e.g. 4 RB, LB, GK's. Then 4 CB's for each CB slot.

That way I dont have to faff around for long when it comes to picking squads.

Quote Originally Posted by lufc_white View Post
    I swear this thread had 34 pages last time i looked at it.....
    Haha. Unfortunately, I think you were seeing things . I will get to page 34 before FM13 comes out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Doing well this season, should hopefully shake Malaga and Barcelona off your heels soon
    Malaga I imagine wont be a massive challenge, but Barca probably will be. They have just spanked Valencia 7-0 away from home and that isnt exactly a shock because they do that to most teams .

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Good work on all fronts, especially on your record in La Liga this season.
    Cheers fella. It has been going fantastically well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Doing very well in the league, hopefully you can keep this sort of form going.
    Cheers Jack. It has been a fantastic start to the season.

Amateur

Yeah, I guess qualification is the key thing, but having said that, you might find yourself made a second seed if you 'only' finished 4th, and that would leave you facing a first seed, potentially one of Europe's giants, whereas winning it you're guaranteed a 1st seed spot, and theoretically an easier group.

Does it work like that??? I thought it was how a team did over a number of years that sorted out the seedings not how they did at this stage?

Reserves

I'm sure as well it's on European campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by mariogriffiths View Post
    Does it work like that??? I thought it was how a team did over a number of years that sorted out the seedings not how they did at this stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    I'm sure as well it's on European campaigns.
    World Rankings wont it. If we are in the top 8 of the teams qualified then we will be in Pot 1. There will always be a bogus draw as well because we will most likely get a bigger European nation.

Part-Timer

Isn't it based on world rankings? The host nation is always a top seed, even if they are rubbish, but the rest are determined by ranking. Your world ranking could be different as a result of finishing 4th compared to 1st, because obviously defeats lose you ranking points, victories gain them. It really depends on who you lost to, and where they were ranked compared with you. But yes, rankings do reflect long term performance. However, if you are a host nation or the current holders, and therefore not having to qualify, your ranking can seriously suffer due to not playing competitive matches. Take Brazil, who have slipped down the real life rankings for that very reason.

Amateur

So on that note - where are you ranked at the moment SLR88? Did the coach get sacked due to poor performance?

Isn't it based on world rankings? The host nation is always a top seed, even if they are rubbish, but the rest are determined by ranking. Your world ranking could be different as a result of finishing 4th compared to 1st, because obviously defeats lose you ranking points, victories gain them. It really depends on who you lost to, and where they were ranked compared with you. But yes, rankings do reflect long term performance. However, if you are a host nation or the current holders, and therefore not having to qualify, your ranking can seriously suffer due to not playing competitive matches. Take Brazil, who have slipped down the real life rankings for that very reason.
    Under my management we will easily be in the pot 1 .

So on that note - where are you ranked at the moment SLR88? Did the coach get sacked due to poor performance?
    Currently 5th in the world rankings. Thats where they were when I took over and the previous Manager was sacked due to his failure to lift the Copa America.

Another landmark reached .

SRL88's Career - December 2031 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

A solid month which keeps us top of the league on goal difference with a game in hand (although that game in hand isnt what I would class as easy). We should have beaten Valencia in all honesty. We were by far the better team and after falling behind early we took control of the game. We scored two goals in the second half, the goal which gave us the lead coming with just 15 minutes to go but we just couldnt hold on and Valencia scored with minutes remaining. Two solid 2-0 wins followed as we rounded off 2031 in comfortable fashion.

December 2031 - Continued

Champions League

A solid win in Scotland to ensure that we rounded off the group stage with a 100% record. The result was never in doubt really and it was just a matter of how many. Topping the group means we will face the side who we beat in last season's Quater-Final, Fiorentina in the First Knockout Round.

World Club Championship Semi-Final and 3rd Place Play-Off

Unfortunately we couldnt lift the World Club Championship. We actually went down to 10 men very early in the Semi-Final so to take them to extra time was a pleasent surprise. Our legs tired in the extra period and they took advantage. We grabbed third place thanks to a solid win over San Lorenzo to come back to Spain with a bit of dignity.
    Last edited by SRL88; 28-06-2012 at 21:09.

Amateur

congratz on the landmark

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    congratz on the landmark
    Cheers Buzz .

Youth Team

1 200 matches! Great landmark and one I don't think I've seen before

Third Team

Doing well domestically and in Europe,shame about the Club World Cup,unfortunate to go down to ten men early on in the match.

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

Looks like your 2nd league game with Barca could well decide who wins the title!

1 200 matches! Great landmark and one I don't think I've seen before
    Cheers fella. Bring on the next 1200 is what I say .

Doing well domestically and in Europe,shame about the Club World Cup,unfortunate to go down to ten men early on in the match.
    Yeah it was a shame but something I can look beyond because of the bigger picture which is the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    Looks like your 2nd league game with Barca could well decide who wins the title!
    It is a strong possibility, and its up and coming as well. I have Malaga, Real Madrid and Barca pretty close to each other soon.

Reserves

Not sure Aberdeen qualify as prestigous opposition for a landmark game, but still... it's great reaching those high landmarks. I should know as I've passed 1,600

So both the S. American and European continetal champions lost in the semis?

Not sure Aberdeen qualify as prestigous opposition for a landmark game, but still... it's great reaching those high landmarks. I should know as I've passed 1,600
    Show off .

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    So both the S. American and European continetal champions lost in the semis?
    I cant say its a major shock because the non-European teams have had the upper hand on quite quite a few times.

SRL88's Career - January 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

Another perfect month for us, but we just cant shake off Barcelona. I was extremely pleased with our performances as we played a lot of cup games in January as well. We started with a very hard fought win away to Athletic Bilbao who really gave us a game. We were 1-0 up for much of the game and as they pressed, we hit them on the counter to seal the game. The Tenerife game was a lot tougher than expected. We went down to 10 men within the opening 15 minutes when the score was 0-0. We took the lead but they pegged us back before half time. The game looked like it was heading for a draw but we scored two very late goals to give us a massive three points. Another hard fought win over Hercules followed before we destroyed Osasuna at home.

Copa Del Rey 5th Round, Quater-Final and Semi-Final 1st Leg

A very good run to the latter stages of the Copa Del Rey. We put in two brilliant performances against Valencia to win 4-0 on aggregate. We dominated Grenada in the first leg but only had a 1-0 lead to show for it. They really pushed us to the limit in the 2nd leg and took the lead very late in the game. Luckily for us we went right up the other end and levelled it on the night to take us through. We drew Osasuna in the Semi-Final and they hold a slender lead over us. Luckily, just days after the cup defeat we destroyed them in the league so I am very optomistic.

If we get through we will all but surely be facing Barcelona in the Final who hold a 3-0 lead from the 1st leg against Levante.
    Last edited by SRL88; 30-06-2012 at 22:13.

Just to show our run of form from December:

Subs Bench

A good month in the league, but Barcelona are being a pain!

Amateur

A terrific run of form, couldn't ask for anymore!

Not going to be easy to get clear of Barcelona in the league though!

My 100th game for Atletico and it just happens to be in the biggest game of the season.

A good month in the league, but Barcelona are being a pain!
    They definitely are. We have to avoid defeat at the Camp Nou.

A terrific run of form, couldn't ask for anymore!

Not going to be easy to get clear of Barcelona in the league though!
    Cheers fella. Barca will be very tough to shake off indeed.

Amateur

I dare say you must have played Barca by now - hoping you got at least a point!

Youth Team

Very close at the top with Barca, lets hope you can get a result against them.

I dare say you must have played Barca by now - hoping you got at least a point!
    I have indeed. It will be in my February update when I get round to it. After the Barca game, Real Madrid at home .

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Very close at the top with Barca, lets hope you can get a result against them.
    Cheers fella. As I mentioned in the above comment (quote), I have already played the game.

Reserves

Hope it was a memorable landmark game.

Third Team

Doing well so far,Barcelona are being a real pain though.Hope you can shake them off.

Hope it was a memorable landmark game.
    Time will tell for you lot .

Doing well so far,Barcelona are being a real pain though.Hope you can shake them off.
    They certainly are. Its going to be a very tense run-in.

So I 'hammer' Levante and in the same week-end Barcelona go and do this . See what I have to live with week in, week out.

Subs Bench

Haha that's just crazy!

Haha that's just crazy!
    It is a right pain in the arse I must say.

SRL88's Career - February 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

Well this turned out to be a very good month for us actually. The all important game at the Nou Camp ended in disappointment in terms of result, but not in terms of performance. I got our tactics spot on and they just couldnt break us down. That was until two of our players had to go off the field for treatment and they took advantage of our 9 men. It was such a shame that this was the decisive moment in such an important game. We did bounce back in style though with a brilliant 2-0 win at home to Real Madrid.

We continued the 2-0 trend at home to Real Betis before putting in a brilliant display against Levante to come away with a brilliant 3-0 win as ourselves and Barcelona matched each other to go into the final game of the month on level points. We dominated Gimnastic but not for the first time this season we went down to 10 men and then struggled to get a grip on the game. Luck was on our side however as Gimnastic didnt really create many chances and we hit them on the break to grab the only goal of the game. With this vital 3pts and the fact that Malaga held Barca to a draw means that we hold a 2pt lead at the top of the table.

February 2032 - Continued

Copa Del Rey Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Well we got the job done but had to rely on the away goals rule. We werent at our best but thankfully it didnt matter and in the process set up a tie against Barcelona in the Final.

Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

What a shocking defensive display this was. We conceded 2 penalties and 2 own goals. I am actually fuming with the players after the performance and we really need to buck our ideas up if we are going to get through this tie.

Subs Bench

Despite losing to Barcelona, in the end February turned out excellent for you!

As you job done in the Copa del Rey, and even though it wasn't an ideal result against Fiorentina, I don't see why you can't get the job done back in Spain.

Despite losing to Barcelona, in the end February turned out excellent for you!

As you job done in the Copa del Rey, and even though it wasn't an ideal result against Fiorentina, I don't see why you can't get the job done back in Spain.
    Yeah it was. I think it will go down to the final day though and we still have to play Real Madrid at the Bernabeau.

If we are going to beat Fiorentina we will have to be a lot better defensively if we are going to stand any chance of getting through.

SRL88's Career - February 2032 - Brazil

Friendly

Well its a work in progress still with Brazil. We played some good stuff against Scotland but their defensive tactic limited us to shots from distance (I think they learnt from TomTuck ). We had numerous opportunities but just couldnt find the back of the net. Hopefully this will change when we get round to the qualifiers.

Amateur

Shame about Barca game, but great work going two points clear at the top... Barca are scoring some serious amounts of goals though 82 in 25?? You'll definitely have your work cut out for you. Good luck getting back at Viola!

First Team Squad Member

Going pretty well, shame about the Barcelona game but beating Real Madrid was a good way to bounce back.

Shame about Barca game, but great work going two points clear at the top... Barca are scoring some serious amounts of goals though 82 in 25?? You'll definitely have your work cut out for you. Good luck getting back at Viola!
    Yeah they are scoring a crazy amount of goals. Its beyond a joke. On average they have scored 3.28 goals per game.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Going pretty well, shame about the Barcelona game but beating Real Madrid was a good way to bounce back.
    It certainly was. Probably the best game we could have had to be fair because it refocused us very quickly.

Youth Team

Any team that can manage 3.28 goals per game doesn't even need a defense!

Any team that can manage 3.28 goals per game doesn't even need a defense!
    Haha. Only 12 goals conceded for them, but still not as good as my defence .

SRL88's Career - March 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

Another excellent month for us which see's us extend our winning streak to eight games and also making it eight clean sheets in a row in the process. Also if you notice, we are 2pts clear of Barca with a game in hand thanks to Sevilla doing us a favour and pulling off a miracle and beating Barca 1-0 at the Nou Camp. We started with a 5-0 win over Sociedad before a hard fought 1-0 win away to Grenada. They are one of the few teams who make it extremely difficult for us every time we play them. A nice win over a tough Malaga side followed before we rounded off the month with a solid win over struggling Cartagena.

Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg and Quater-Final 1st Leg

Well we got the job done against Fiorentina. We flew out the blocks and raced in to a 2-0 lead which would have been enough, but they scored in the second half which would have knocked us out. It looked to be going that way with just 10 minutes left, but two late goals were enough to send us through.

Like the first leg against Fiorentina, we were shocking defensively against Man City and have left ourselves with all the hard work to do at home.

Subs Bench

Super stuff in the league and great work against Fiorentina. However, I can't see you doing it in the return leg against City.

Reserves

Man City is not impossible, but I don't fancy your chances, I do in the league however.

Super stuff in the league and great work against Fiorentina. However, I can't see you doing it in the return leg against City.
    Man City is not impossible, but I don't fancy your chances, I do in the league however.
    Yeah I think our Champions League hopes are all but over this season, but having won it last year I pretty much set all out to lift the La Liga trophy and that was the overall aim of the season.

Race for La Liga

How we Stand

So we go into the final two months of the season with a 2pt lead AND a game in hand over Barcelona.

Remaining Fixtures

Atletico Madrid

Although we have our game in hand (at home to Sporting), we face some pretty tricky away ties, none more so than against Real Madrid. We are going to have our work cut out, but then we have all season and just look at our record.

Barcelona

If Im honest, I would much rather have Barca's fixtures. Yes they have some tough away ties themselves, but the amount of goals they have scored this season doesnt lead me to think they will have much trouble. Here is to me hoping that Valencia, Athletic Bilbao and Real can do me a favour.

Amateur

A great last 8 games, no goals conceded! Keep it going!

Good luck with the rest of the season!

Youth Team

A 2 point lead over 8 matches is not much. Still have a job to do, but it looks like you should be fine

A great last 8 games, no goals conceded! Keep it going!

Good luck with the rest of the season!
    Cheers fella. Getting to the squeeky bum part of the season now.

A 2 point lead over 8 matches is not much. Still have a job to do, but it looks like you should be fine
    I completely agree with you. It is far from over, but I would much rather be 2pts ahead rather than 2pts behind.

Third Team

Shame about the loss to City but I do have literally everything crossed for your league race.

Shame about the loss to City but I do have literally everything crossed for your league race.
    Everything??? .

Amateur

Very tricky matches left on both sides with Athletic, Valencia, Real Madrid (+ Sevilla for you). Do i remember correctly that Barca beat Valencia 7-0? I have every faith you can pull it off - all you need is one slip up from them and you should be in the clear. Good luck!

Very tricky matches left on both sides with Athletic, Valencia, Real Madrid (+ Sevilla for you). Do i remember correctly that Barca beat Valencia 7-0? I have every faith you can pull it off - all you need is one slip up from them and you should be in the clear. Good luck!
    Yeah they did. They have been unreal this season in terms of goals per game.

I have an update up and coming after my next game .

SRL88's Career - April 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

Well we are nearly there. We are on the brink of being crowned La Liga Champions now!!! Another fantastic month for us which started with a solid win away to Getafe. We then faced a tricky tie away to Sevilla and despite falling behind we grabbed a goal in each half to get another vital 3pts. A solid win over Valencia followed and we were helped further by Barca losing 2-1 away to Bilbao. A good point away our biggest rivals followed and was further added to by the fact that Barca drew away to Tenerife. In our final game of the month we came from a goal down against Bilbao to win 4-1 and leaves us 5pts clear at the top of the table with 4 games left and a game in hand.

Champions League Quater-Final 2nd Leg and Semi-Final

Well, well, well!!! What a comeback against Man City. 3-0 down from the first leg, we went all out against City with nothing to lose and pulled off the impossible. A brilliant 4-0 win set up a Semi-Final tie against Porto. We really had our work cut out in Portugal, falling behind twice inside the first half but levelling it twice. We then scored a third in the second half and despite all of Porto's pressure we held on to leave us in the drivers seat. In the second leg we were solid and got the job done. A 2-0 win means we are in our second Champions League Final in a row and in the process, we will meet my former club, and the club I love, Liverpool.

Reserves

Yes, well done against Man City! Turned around a tie with Milan once by winning 5-0 at home which was why I felt you could still do it, but wasn't sure you were on that level.

Amateur

Nearly there in the league mate, keep it going!

Liverpool in the final, that will be weird for you!

What fantastic messages to read following Barcelona drawing 0-0 away to Osasuna.

Yes, well done against Man City! Turned around a tie with Milan once by winning 5-0 at home which was why I felt you could still do it, but wasn't sure you were on that level.
    Cheeky git .

I was absolutely shocked to see us actually pull it off to be honest. Man City just couldnt live with our relentless attacking play.

Nearly there in the league mate, keep it going!

Liverpool in the final, that will be weird for you!
    As you may see, we have indeed won the league and it wasnt thanks to our own result.

Playing Liverpool will certainly be weird.

Final

Road to Madrid

Barcelona

Barca got their cup campaign off to a fine start with two big wins over Alcorcon. For the second season in a row they faced Real Madrid in the 5th Round. Despite a 2-0 loss in Madrid they came back to take the second leg to penalties and knocked the holders out. They managed to come behind from a first leg defeat at home to Betis in the next round to book their place in the Semi-Final where they got past Levante pretty easily.

At.Madrid

We started with a nice win over lower league opposition which included us breaking a couple of records in the process. We then put in two solid displays against Valencia to comfortably book our place in the next round. Grenada gave us a real test in the Quater-Final and we rode our luck at times but managed to come through. This set up a Sem-Final tie against Osasuna where we lost the first leg 2-1 away from home. In the return leg we managed to grab the only goal of the game which booked our place in the Final on the away goals rule.

Summary

Such a shame the way our cup run ended. Barcelona showed their class, but I honestly feel that if we hadnt conceded those two goals right on half time it would have been a different story. We had to push hard in the second half, even hitting the woodwork twice but in our efforts to get back into the game, Barca scored a fourth on the counter to effectively seal the game and gain some sort of revenge on us for taking their La Liga crown off them.

Another fantastic season from our left winger and a thoroughly deserved award.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    As you may see, we have indeed won the league and it wasnt thanks to our own result.

Playing Liverpool will certainly be weird.
    Yes, I seen it! Well done.

Good luck the rest of the season!

Yes, I seen it! Well done.

Good luck the rest of the season!
    Cheers fella .

Always nice to see a few players achknowledged for a fine season.

A fine debut season with Atletico for a fantastic goalkeeper who kept 21 clean sheets in 32 games in the league all season, conceding just 12. Not bad for a free transfer.

Why thank you kind sir.

Final

Route to the Final

At.Madrid

A somewhat thrilling run to Cardiff for ourselves this season. Unlike last year, we were brilliant this season in the group stage, winning all six of our games to ensure that we finished top. Once we hit the Knockout Phase things got a little more interesting. We drew Italian side Fiorentina in the First Knockout Round, a team who we beat pretty comfortably in last season's Quater-Final. The first leg was very poor on our behalf. We were shocking defensively and pretty lucky to come away just two goals behind. We got the job done in the return leg with a fantastic 4-1 win to set up a tie against Man City in the next round. After the Quater-Final 1st Leg I thought that was it. I really thought we were out but how wrong I was. An unbelievable comeback followed and we booked our place in the Semi-Final. Things were a little more comfortable against Porto and we managed to win both legs to make our second European Final in a row.

Liverpool

An excellent run for The Reds this season which has seen them remain unbeaten throughout. They were excellent in the group stage, dropping points in just one game to finish top of their group. They had a much tougher run to the Final than ourselves. A brilliant draw in Milan was followed up with an emphatic win at Anfield. Two fantastic displays against Barcelona followed in which they scored four goals on each occassion to ensure that an English team would be in the Final. Another two wins, this time over Man Utd sealed Liverpool's spot in the Final and the short journey to Cardiff.

Summary

I am actually in awe of this!! This is one of my greatest achievements on FM. To win the European Cup is one thing, but to do it two years in a row is another. I was surprised at how quick we flew out the traps, scoring inside the opening 10 minutes through Lucas. The same player then went and scored again just past the half hour mark before Liverpool had a man sent off. Despite being down to 10 men, they pulled one back just after the break. Despite a slight bit of pressure from Liverpool, we were the better team for the remainder of the game and should have sealed the game with the chances we had.
    Last edited by SRL88; 02-07-2012 at 20:27.

Last edited by SRL88; 02-07-2012 at 20:32.

SRL88's Career - May 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

Another fine month and a great way to end the season. A very nice win away to Villarreal followed by Barca's failure to beat Osasuna sealed the league title for us with three games to go. We then finished off with three very nice wins at home, scoring three in each game before liftng the La Liga Trophy on the final day of the season.

May 2032 - Continued

Copa Del Rey Final

Sadly Barcelona got the better of us in the Copa Del Rey Final. We were evenly matched throughout the first half, but two goals on the stroke of half time are what I feel were game changing moments. If we could have got in level at the break I feel it would have been a different game, but we will never know.

Champions League Final

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!! A second European Cup in a row. Great work!!!
    Last edited by SRL88; 02-07-2012 at 20:46.

I will get an end of season update sometime tomorrow guys. For now though, I am knackered and going to bed .

Amateur

Unlucky against Barca but well done beating Liverpool!

Whats the plan now - stay in Spain and overtake Barca as te most dominant club or move on since you've won domestically and in Europe?

Amateur

Great season! It would have been fun the play Liverpool in the final, especially after managing them for as long as you did Shame about the cup loss to Barcelona, but great work in the league!

Amateur

Wowsa! What a turbulent and fantastic end to the season. Honestly cannot quite fathom how you overturned Man City to come back and then beat Liverpool in the final. And what a league run in the end! Real shame about the Copa del Rey final, but I am guessing you don't mind having won both La Liga and CL! Congratulations!

Subs Bench

Awesome season dude.

Have got to wonder what is actually going to keep you at the club now? Chase a third European Cup in a row? Become World Club Champions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast