+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,400 of 4193

Thread: SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

  1. #2301
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    So having completed 20 seasons, having got through this many pages in this thread, I would like to thank you all for your dedication to follow me through my career and taking your time out to read it, and also helping get to 24 pages.

    Cheers guys, you all deserve an .
    Last edited by SRL88; 18-06-2012 at 19:34.

  2. #2302
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Thanks SRL88

  3. #2303
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Thanks for going throug these seasons and documenting them so well! Hope it keeps going

  4. #2304
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th January 2008
    Posts
    1,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    So having completed 20 seasons, having got through this many pages in this thread, I would like to thank you all for your dedication to follow me through my career and taking your time out to read it, and also helping get to 24 pages.

    Cheers guys, you all deserve an .
    It has been an absolute pleasure - bring on the next 20 seasons!

  5. #2305
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Thanks SRL88
    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Thanks for going throug these seasons and documenting them so well! Hope it keeps going
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    It has been an absolute pleasure - bring on the next 20 seasons!
    You all bring a tear to my eye .

  6. #2306
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th September 2010
    Location
    China
    Posts
    387

    Default

    It's been great so far and will only get better, a part of me doesn't want fm 13 to come but Oxford City need me haha.

    NEXT 20 SEASONS FTW!!!

  7. #2307
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Cheers Tom .

    That was my third Champions League trophy of my career. I would like to think that I can achieve number 4 and possibly 5 whilst still at Atletico.
    Third? I'm still stuck on one.

  8. #2308
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2031/32 - Atletico Madrid


    Board Expectations:
    Liga BBVA: Challenge for the title
    Copa Del Rey: Not Important
    Champions League: Reach the Semi-Final
    European Super Cup: Win it

    My Expectations:
    Liga BBVA: Toppling Barca is my overall aim of the season
    Copa Del Rey: Im not to bothered but if we get to the latter stages I will go all out
    Champions League: If we can put together a decent defence of our trophy I will be delighted
    European Super Cup: Win it

    Budgets:
    Transfer: £63m
    Wage: £1,628,102 (Currently spending £1,421,502)
    Balance: £51,396,459 (-£13,251,343 since last season)

    Key Player(s):
    Georges Corea - He was signed in January but only made a few appearences due to injury. Hopefully he can stay fit because I would love to see his effect on the team.
    Mohammed Gaad - He was awarded 'Signing of the Season' in Spain last year. He was my favourite signing as well so I hope he can have a similar impact.
    Ganso - Had a solid 5 month since his signing in January. More of the same please.
    Ivan Alonso - Signed on a free from Real Bretis. With Hernan Ojeda getting older we needed someone younger with years ahead of him. I hope this guy can prove be a solid replacement.

  9. #2309
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JojoVillaHursty View Post
    It's been great so far and will only get better, a part of me doesn't want fm 13 to come but Oxford City need me haha.

    NEXT 20 SEASONS FTW!!!
    I feel the same . I really am enjoying this game more than any previously. I have never got this far into an FM game before.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Third? I'm still stuck on one.
    I am 10 years further into the game than you so by the time you get to my stage of the game you will have more .

  10. #2310
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I am 10 years further into the game than you so by the time you get to my stage of the game you will have more .
    Yes, but at the same time I did reach the upper echelons of the footballing world quicker than what you did, so maybe should have delivered atleast one more European Cup.

  11. #2311
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Yes, but at the same time I did reach the upper echelons of the footballing world quicker than what you did, so maybe should have delivered atleast one more European Cup.
    I have the utmost confidence in you Tom

  12. #2312
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default


    Do you guys think I should go back into International Management?

  13. #2313
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Not for me. Right now you've got enough on your plate trying to conquer Barcelona.

  14. #2314
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    12th January 2008
    Location
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton
    Posts
    17,287

    Default

    congrats on the hat-trick of CL's. Agree with tomtuck01, probably best to focus on Athletico Madrid until you're dominating regularly

  15. #2315
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Not for me. Right now you've got enough on your plate trying to conquer Barcelona.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    congrats on the hat-trick of CL's. Agree with tomtuck01, probably best to focus on Athletico Madrid until you're dominating regularly
    Rejected the offer!!!

  16. #2316
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Good idea. you'd have some very busy summers with Mexico when you'd probably want to move on to the next club season.

  17. #2317
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Good idea. you'd have some very busy summers with Mexico when you'd probably want to move on to the next club season.
    I want to go back into International management, but at the minute I dont think its the right time. When I settle properly at Atletico then I will probably do it.

  18. #2318
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I want to go back into International management, but at the minute I dont think its the right time. When I settle properly at Atletico then I will probably do it.
    Probably for the best.

  19. #2319
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default


    Ok this was out of the blue!!! I have just said that Im not ready, but this is a little different to Mexico .

  20. #2320
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2008
    Location
    The middle of nowhere!
    Posts
    6,513

    Default

    It's a big nation in football terms and they normally have good talent coming through.If it was me then I would take that job.

  21. #2321
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th October 2011
    Location
    Yeovil
    Posts
    3,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post


    Ok this was out of the blue!!! I have just said that Im not ready, but this is a little different to Mexico .
    Take it. I am still with Brazil in my save after four years and have my first World Cup upcoming. Managing Brazil is great fun

  22. #2322
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th March 2012
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Congrats on the CL win! Great work for your first year.

  23. #2323
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - New Job Update - Brazil



    Name: Brazil
    Nickname: Selecao
    Stadium: Various throughout the country


    So I am back into International Management for the first time since I resigned as England manager, and this time I am in charge of Brazil. I was offered the Mexico job but it just wasnt tempting, but this one I just couldnt refuse.

    FA Expectations:
    World Cup Qualifying: Qualify for the World Cup

    My Expectations:
    World Cup Qualifying: We have to qualify
    Last edited by SRL88; 20-06-2012 at 12:23.

  24. #2324
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th March 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Well done getting the Brazil job, definitely a better choice than Mexico!

  25. #2325
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    It's a big nation in football terms and they normally have good talent coming through.If it was me then I would take that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Take it. I am still with Brazil in my save after four years and have my first World Cup upcoming. Managing Brazil is great fun
    Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Congrats on the CL win! Great work for your first year.
    I think I have done you all proud .

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Well done getting the Brazil job, definitely a better choice than Mexico!
    Cheers Scarman . It was a job I just couldnt refuse in all honesty.

  26. #2326
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    20th August 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    Good luck with Brazil, no doubt they have high expectations so pressures on!

  27. #2327
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Good luck with Brazil, no doubt they have high expectations so pressures on!
    I couldnt agree more. I will definitely have the pressure on me from day 1 but I am confident I will succeed.

  28. #2328
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th June 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    When Brasil come calling you cannot say no to them, may never ask again!

    I like managing Brasil, can use some pretty far out tactics and they usually still do well!

  29. #2329
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Brazil! Well, I'll try and get my Santo André club up to a place where my players can help! ;)

  30. #2330
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Good luck with Brazil! Win or be sacked, your choice ;)

  31. #2331
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Nice surprise there.

  32. #2332
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDL View Post
    When Brasil come calling you cannot say no to them, may never ask again!

    I like managing Brasil, can use some pretty far out tactics and they usually still do well!
    Im really looking forward to getting into action with them. Should be fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Brazil! Well, I'll try and get my Santo André club up to a place where my players can help! ;)
    I have the utmost confidence in you .

    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Good luck with Brazil! Win or be sacked, your choice ;)
    I will take the latter .

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Nice surprise there.
    Certainly is. If it didnt come up I wouldnt be back in International Management. I was content but you just cant turn Brazil down.

  33. #2333
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st May 2007
    Location
    A journeyman currently at Szolnoki (Hungary)
    Posts
    258

    Default

    A lot to catch up on here, so I must admit I've skimmed a lot of it, picking out your achievements, but a truly inspiring career.

  34. #2334
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    17th June 2007
    Location
    Turkey for now, soon to be Gabon!
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    Good luck with Brazil - it is a demanding job but should be good for scouting some Brazilians for Atletico ;)

  35. #2335
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd October 2011
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Brazil. I must admit I didn't see that one coming, but its one of those that you just have to accept if offered (I guess, never been close to being in that position).

    Best of luck knocking off the beast that is Barcelona, and taking Brazil to glory.

  36. #2336
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Pike View Post
    A lot to catch up on here, so I must admit I've skimmed a lot of it, picking out your achievements, but a truly inspiring career.
    Cheers fella. Glad you're enjoying it .

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Good luck with Brazil - it is a demanding job but should be good for scouting some Brazilians for Atletico ;)
    Of course!!! I will definitely be on the lookout for some new talent.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadManager View Post
    Brazil. I must admit I didn't see that one coming, but its one of those that you just have to accept if offered (I guess, never been close to being in that position).

    Best of luck knocking off the beast that is Barcelona, and taking Brazil to glory.
    Yeah I couldnt turn it down. It was just one of them jobs you have to take.

  37. #2337
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2031/32 - Atletico Madrid

    Friendlies


    An excellent pre-season which included a fantastic 5-1 win over Man Utd as we head into the season full of confidence.

    Transfers - In

    Federico Bordaberry - £11m - A young defender signed for a pretty big fee, but he is signed as part of the long term project I have planned at Atletico.

    Franck Traore - £32m - Signed for a lot of money and equalled our transfer record fee which we set with another signing in the Summer. He might have a few flaws in his stats, but he is young to improve and is on a nice little wage which wont affect us much.

    Ivan Alonso - Free - With Ojeda getting older we need a replacement for him, and on a free this guy fits the bill.

    Zacharias Chatziloukas - Free - A young Cypriot striker who will have a bright future ahead of him.

    Juan - £2m - Signed as a back-up due to the fact that we were in need of a Spanish player.

    Predrag Cosis - £5.5m - Had him on loan last season in which he impressed. Well worth the money I spent on the Liverpool man.

    Phil Simmons - Free - A young player who is highly rated by everyone at the club. I look forward to working with him.

    Santos - £32m - The standout signing of the Summer. I only discovered him due to taking the Brazil job and had to go for him. In the process of signing him we broke our transfer record which I also broke last season.

    Transfers - Out


    A fair few departures in my rebuild of the squad to try and challenge Barca at the top of the table. I sent a few players out on loan to gain experience this season with the hope they will come back a much improved player. The biggest departure was Alejandro Saavedra who I didnt really want to sell in all honesty, but I needed to get rid of a foreign player to keep with the squad regulations for the season and sadly he was the victim.

  38. #2338
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Can't believe you took the Brazil job after all that guff about staying out of the international scene for a while! ;)

  39. #2339
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,621

    Default

    Looking good for the upcoming season. Solid results in Luxembourg and South Korea.

    Photobucket isn't on maintenance anymore???

  40. #2340
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Can't believe you took the Brazil job after all that guff about staying out of the international scene for a while! ;)
    Haha I know. I just couldnt help it to be fair. The offer was far to tempting.

    Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Looking good for the upcoming season. Solid results in Luxembourg and South Korea.

    Photobucket isn't on maintenance anymore???
    Cheers Rancer . I am looking forward to it myself. I think we could do well.

    Photobucket??

  41. #2341
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default




    A much tougher draw than last season if you ask me, but as defending Champions, we should be looking to get through this group. I am not looking forward to the away days in France and Ukraine though.

  42. #2342
    Moderator
    Join Date
    22nd February 2003
    Location
    www.clearcutchance.com
    Posts
    35,993

    Default

    Looks quite a tought group, could be pretty close.

  43. #2343
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Wouldn't want to be in Group C, yours looks much better.

  44. #2344
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Looks quite a tought group, could be pretty close.
    It will be closer than I want it to be, put it that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Wouldn't want to be in Group C, yours looks much better.
    Yeah Group C looks the toughest overall.

  45. #2345
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2008
    Location
    The middle of nowhere!
    Posts
    6,513

    Default

    Quite a brilliant pre-season.Impressive win over Utd as well.Not too bad a group for you but it sucks to be Sparta Prague right about now

  46. #2346
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    I agree that Group C is the dangergroup. You should qualify in yours though it won't be a walk.

  47. #2347
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,621

    Default

    Lyon will be tough and Shakhtar could spring a surprise or two, but at least you're not in Group C!

  48. #2348
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - My First Brazil Squad - Friendlies -v- Morocco & DR Congo



    Please note: Positions is based off where I see them best suited to the squad.


    Code:
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Name                | Position       | Club                | Cap(s)  | Goal(s) | Age     | Value   | 
    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | Xaropinho           | GK             | Saint-Etienne       | 0       | 0       | 26      | £2M     | 
    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | Lapa                | GK             | Atlas               | 8       | 0       | 25      | £1M     | 
    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | Bife                | GK             | Dortmund            | 31      | 0       | 25      | £7.25m  | 
    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | Xaxa                | RB             | Fiorentina          | 10      | 1       | 26      | £9m     |
    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | Fabio               | RB             | PSG                 | 11      | 1       | 24      | £19.5m  |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Gustavo             | LB             | Gladbach            | 17      | 0       | 26      | £9.5m   |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Jorginho            | LB             | Barcelona           | 98      | 0       | 32      | £15.5m  |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Martins             | CB             | PSG                 | 29      | 0       | 23      | £8.75m  |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Joao                | CB             | Real Madrid         | 129     | 6       | 31      | £11.5m  |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Oliveira            | CB             | Barcelona           | 15      | 0       | 22      | £12.75m |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Fernando            | CB             | AC Milan            | 81      | 10      | 26      | £22m    |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Jacare              | DM             | Man Utd             | 56      | 2       | 25      | £27.5m  |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Flavio              | DM             | Real Betis          | 14      | 0       | 25      | £16.25m |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Francisquinho       | DM             | Man City            | 20      | 0       | 26      | £15.75m |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Mexilhao            | CM             | At.Madrid           | 67      | 17      | 26      | £19.75m |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Ganso               | CM             | At.Madrid           | 2       | 0       | 22      | £15m    |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Acassio             | RW             | Real Esppor         | 0       | 0       | 19      | £1.3m   |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Lucas               | RW             | At.Madrid           | 0       | 0       | 22      | £9.25m  |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Neto                | LW             | Man Utd             | 21      | 3       | 30      | £21m    |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Chaveirinho         | AM             | Fiorentina          | 2       | 0       | 25      | £12.25m |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Santos              | FW             | At.Madrid           | 0       | 0       | 22      | £31m    |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Celio               | FW             | Liverpool           | 70      | 43      | 26      | £25m    |
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | Fabricio            | FW             | Porto               | 0       | 0       | 21      | £4.5m   |

    As you may have guessed, my squad did bring about a few articles in the press....






  49. #2349
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Quite a brilliant pre-season.Impressive win over Utd as well.Not too bad a group for you but it sucks to be Sparta Prague right about now
    Cheers fella .

    Yeah, it certainly looks as though Sparta have a tough task.

    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    I agree that Group C is the dangergroup. You should qualify in yours though it won't be a walk.
    If we remain unbeaten I will be happy .

    Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Lyon will be tough and Shakhtar could spring a surprise or two, but at least you're not in Group C!
    Its only away from home that I am truely worried.

  50. #2350
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th December 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    170

    Default

    That brazil team looks immense!

  51. #2351
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    That brazil team looks immense!
    Yeah its a very solid squad....and I wouldnt say I have called up all the best players either.

  52. #2352
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    My final signing of the transfer window. A £10m buy from Schalke.


  53. #2353
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    20th August 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    Good luck at the WC

    Beyer looks a good signing, i take it he'll be your Right back, he looks at bit short for Centre back!

  54. #2354
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Good luck at the WC

    Beyer looks a good signing, i take it he'll be your Right back, he looks at bit short for Centre back!
    The World Cup is still 3 years away and we need to Qualify .

    Yeah Beyer will be a right back. We are move than covered at centre back, both by players at the club and players who are out on loan. Our current right back is in him 30's so I wanted someone younger as his replacement.

  55. #2355
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Location
    Downtown with Kevin D
    Posts
    3,568

    Default



    Nice signing.

  56. #2356
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityAndColour View Post
    If there was ever an award for most random thing posted in my thread, this would win .

  57. #2357
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th May 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Finally went through this entire thread (wow 24 pages!), congrats on all the achievements so far - you'll have a time of it catching Barca, but should be doable and you've made some very good summer signings!

  58. #2358
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post
    Finally went through this entire thread (wow 24 pages!), congrats on all the achievements so far - you'll have a time of it catching Barca, but should be doable and you've made some very good summer signings!
    Im glad you went through all the pages fella and Im even more glad that you have enjoyed it .

    Catching Barca is definitely the biggest challenge I have had so far in my career but I think we stand a very good chance this season.

  59. #2359
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - September 2031 - Brazil



    Friendlies


    A very disappointing start to life in charge of Brazil. The worst thing is, we played extremely well despite the fact the players were getting used to my tactics, and we also missed a penalty in each game. We dominated Morocco but it was a case of us just not able to find the back of the net. The game against DR Congo was tougher than you think. They are actually in the top 10 of the World Rankings and they gave us a good game. An early goal was key in that game and we just couldnt strike back.

    We need to buck our ideas up going into the World Cup Qualifers which start next month with games against Peru (h) and Paraguay (a).

  60. #2360
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Bayer's definitely more right-backish anyway.

  61. #2361
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Results wise, if not performance wise, that is a fairly dreadful start to life with Brazil.

  62. #2362
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Bayer's definitely more right-backish anyway.
    I wouldnt consider playing him at centre back unless we were truely desperate.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Results wise, if not performance wise, that is a fairly dreadful start to life with Brazil.
    I think dreadful is an understatement to be fair. I would use the term sh*t!!!

  63. #2363
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Congo?

  64. #2364
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Can only get better at Brazil.

  65. #2365
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Congo?
    Yup. I was annoyed with the defeat, but as I said you shouldnt be as shocked as your first thoughts would think because they are pretty high in the World Rankings.

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Can only get better at Brazil.
    Heyyyyyyyyy a bit of optimism ;).

  66. #2366
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Brazil. Giant...crumblers? ;) It can only get better!

  67. #2367
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th October 2006
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Been reading your career over the past few weeks, just thought I'd let you know its a good read and I'm looking forward to your next update

  68. #2368
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th May 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    41

    Default

    What approach/formation are you taking with Brazil? I've always found them difficult to play, particularly with the marked lack of wingers in the country (though I guess that might have changed by 2031).... Would be interesting to see formation/team instruction screenies

  69. #2369
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Brazil. Giant...crumblers? ;) It can only get better!
    It has to get better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wlv View Post
    Been reading your career over the past few weeks, just thought I'd let you know its a good read and I'm looking forward to your next update
    Cheers fella .

    The next update isnt to far away. I will have a August/September update up soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post
    What approach/formation are you taking with Brazil? I've always found them difficult to play, particularly with the marked lack of wingers in the country (though I guess that might have changed by 2031).... Would be interesting to see formation/team instruction screenies
    This is the formation I used for my first two fixtures. I used the formation and team instructions for Liverpool, Galatasaray and currently with Atletico but it obviously didnt work with Brazil. I am going to tinker it a bit.

  70. #2370
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - August/September - 2031 - Atletico Madrid

    Liga BBVA




    An asbolute perfect start to the season which see's us sat nicely at the top of the table after six games. We started with two comfortable wins over Hercules and Osasuna before an early season win over who will most likely be our biggest rivals this season. We were brilliant against Barca and that Champions League win over them last season has clearly given us the indicator that we're on a level playing field and managed to come away with a fantastic 2-1 win. Another brilliant performance against Betis followed resulted in a 3-0 win before we destroyed Levante 5-0. September rounded off with a hard fought win over Gimnastic to give us the best possible start to the season.

  71. #2371
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    August/September 2031 - Continued



    European Super Cup


    A poor performance resulted in a disappointing defeat. I have no complaints.

    Champions League




    Much like in the league, we got off to the perfect start in Europe. In what was a fiery affair in Ukraine, we came away with a brilliant 2-0 win before destroying Aberdeen 5-0 at home to leave us sat at the top of the group.
    Last edited by SRL88; 23-06-2012 at 22:38.

  72. #2372
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Great start to the campaign dude - with the exception of the Super Cup!

  73. #2373
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th December 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Santos looks like a great signing so far , well worth the 32 million

  74. #2374
    Banned
    Join Date
    22nd September 2001
    Posts
    40,587

    Default

    an amazing read, mate. has inspired me to do a similar thing

  75. #2375
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    20th August 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    Unlucky start with Brazil, looks likes the pressures on! Still going strong with Athletico though.

  76. #2376
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Great start to the campaign dude - with the exception of the Super Cup!
    Yeah the Super Cup was a shame as I would have liked to lift it, but we were poor. I think I sent the lads out with the wrong mindset.

    Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Santos looks like a great signing so far , well worth the 32 million
    Agreed . He has been absolutely fantastic for me so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoy! View Post
    an amazing read, mate. has inspired me to do a similar thing
    Cheers fella . If you get a thread going I will definitely follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Unlucky start with Brazil, looks likes the pressures on! Still going strong with Athletico though.
    Yeah it has been a pretty shocking start. Hopefully we can put it behind us with a strong start to World Cup Qualifying.

  77. #2377
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - October 2031 - Brazil



    World Cup Qualifiers




    Much, much better!!! I tweaked my tactics somewhat and it worked completely. We dominated possession without giving any real chances away to be honest. This is more like the Brazil I want. Yes we had to rely on two own-goals against Peru but we still deserved victory. The win against Paraguay wasnt as close as it looks. They only had four shots at goal to our twenty. After making a couple of changes and putting Liverpool's Celio upfront instead of just off the front man he changed the game. He scored the decisive goal to get us off to an excellent start to our qualifying campaign.

    We have two games in November to round the year off against Bolivia (h) and Ecuador (a). I will be looking for maximum points in each.

  78. #2378
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Good start to the proper stuff with Brazil.

  79. #2379
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Good start to the proper stuff with Brazil.
    Cheers Tom . I am much happier now.

  80. #2380
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Great start in the league, not the toughest opening games in the qualifiers.

  81. #2381
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Great start in the league, not the toughest opening games in the qualifiers.
    Not the toughest, but two much needed wins after the friendlies before it.

  82. #2382
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th May 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Great improvement with Brazil - I would have said sitting deeper and hitting on the counter, but clearly you found a different formula that works. Congrats on beating Barca (again) and sitting pretty at the top.

  83. #2383
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Nice! That's how you do it in Brazil

  84. #2384
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2008
    Location
    The middle of nowhere!
    Posts
    6,513

    Default

    Excellent start to the season bar the defeat to Sampdoria,nice to see things have picked up for Brazil as well

  85. #2385
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th March 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Great start to the new season! Those first couple of results with Brazil were shocking, but we can ignore them now the real stuff has started ;)

  86. #2386
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post
    Great improvement with Brazil - I would have said sitting deeper and hitting on the counter, but clearly you found a different formula that works. Congrats on beating Barca (again) and sitting pretty at the top.
    Im not one for adopting a counter attacking side to be honest. I did it in my earlier years of my career because I had to really, but once I got to Blackpool I started to play more expressive football.

    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Nice! That's how you do it in Brazil
    It is indeed. Cheers .

    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Excellent start to the season bar the defeat to Sampdoria,nice to see things have picked up for Brazil as well
    Yeah the Sampdoria game was a low because of how poor we were, but I can look past that now with how well things are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarman View Post
    Great start to the new season! Those first couple of results with Brazil were shocking, but we can ignore them now the real stuff has started ;)
    Alright rub it in!!! ha.

  87. #2387
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    20th August 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    Great start to World Cup qualifying, hope you can keep it up!

  88. #2388
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Great start to World Cup qualifying, hope you can keep it up!
    Cheers Jack .

  89. #2389
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default



    SRL88's Career - October - 2031 - Atletico Madrid

    Liga BBVA




    A decent month which saw us claim two solid wins over Real Sociedad and Grenada, but sadly our fantastic start to the season came to an end thanks to a last minute goal away to Malaga. We played really well but they hit us on the counter attack to grab the winning goal.

  90. #2390
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    October 2031 - Continued



    Copa Del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg


    A very solid start in the Copa Del Rey. We hold a nice lead going into the return leg and are practically through to the next round.

    Champions League




    A perfect performance in France saw us come away with a brilliant win to put us on the brink of qualifying for the Knockout Stages. In what is a very tough group on paper we have performed so well to put us in such an excellent position.
    Last edited by SRL88; 25-06-2012 at 23:34.

  91. #2391
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    3rd March 2007
    Location
    On Twitter, apparently; @tomtuck01
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Going along well in the league, despite the loss against Malaga. Also excellent start in the Champions League.

  92. #2392
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    20th August 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    Very close in the league but its good to see you giving Barca a run for their money. Making that CL group look easy too, great work.

  93. #2393
    Third Team
    Join Date
    10th December 2008
    Location
    The middle of nowhere!
    Posts
    6,513

    Default

    Close in the league but hopefully you can topple Barca,doing well in the other competitions as well.

  94. #2394
    Reserves
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    10,040

    Default

    Broke my heart a little seeing you smash Aberdeen you have also inspired me too get a journeyman career going. Well done sir

  95. #2395
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th March 2012
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Great work so far this season!

    How is Shakhtar ahead of OL in the Group since OL has a higher GD and they drew eachother?

  96. #2396
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    26th April 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Good job in the Champions League. Making it look easy

  97. #2397
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Going along well in the league, despite the loss against Malaga. Also excellent start in the Champions League.
    Yeah the Malaga result was a bit of a kick in the teeth, especially after our fantastic start. I suppose it had to happen sometime though.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Very close in the league but its good to see you giving Barca a run for their money. Making that CL group look easy too, great work.
    They like to score goals do this Barca team. Luckily enough it goes on head to head in Spain ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Close in the league but hopefully you can topple Barca,doing well in the other competitions as well.
    Cheers fella.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiomolester View Post
    Broke my heart a little seeing you smash Aberdeen you have also inspired me too get a journeyman career going. Well done sir
    Haha. Im sorry sir!!!

    Glad to know that you have enjoyed it. Its always nice to know that people enjoy my thread so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Great work so far this season!

    How is Shakhtar ahead of OL in the Group since OL has a higher GD and they drew eachother?
    Cheers.

    Im not 100% sure to be perfectly honest because they drew with each other and I beat them both (Shakhtar by a bigger scoreline as well). That is one I really cant answer off the top of my head.

    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Good job in the Champions League. Making it look easy
    Cheers cerud. I am pleasently surprised that we have got the first three fixtures out the way so well. Especially with us playing Shakhtar and Lyon away from home.

  98. #2398
    Reserves
    Join Date
    18th September 2007
    Location
    FMCU 2013 Best Poster
    Posts
    11,570

    Default

    Very good so far on both fronts.

  99. #2399
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Very good so far on both fronts.
    Cheers delta .

  100. #2400
    Moderator
    Join Date
    13th May 2010
    Location
    2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career
    Posts
    31,041

    Default

    I aim to get back on my save tonight guys. I would have yesterday, but I was teaching tennis all day and actually played quite a few proper games with the kids at the school I teach at and I was goosed. Couldnt be arsed to move when I got in ha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts