Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1370

Thread: Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Some people think I'm Bonkers, I just think I'm free!!!! :D

That is exactly it.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    That is exactly it.
    unless, of course, you edit some fan loyalty, temperament, patience in the editor, plus club morale, plus chairman patience and ambition;)

Amateur

When I go onto transfer history to check former players say youth teamers when I go back from their profile it always goes back to 'All Transfers' instead of 'Youth Intake' which is a bit of annoyance if you want to go and look at how a couple of them are doing.

FMH Development Team Jamie King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt123 View Post
    When I go onto transfer history to check former players say youth teamers when I go back from their profile it always goes back to 'All Transfers' instead of 'Youth Intake' which is a bit of annoyance if you want to go and look at how a couple of them are doing.
    Hey Matt, it's an issue that has been raised and is being looked into. Thanks for bringing it up.

Amateur

In regards to the teamtalks i found this posted on the general section of the forum. I have used it in five games and i am suprised to say that it is working fine, could this just be some kind of bug? The reason being is i am playing as Wycombe who have just got promoted to the championship, i have a small wage and transfer budget compared to the other teams,but find myself in 2nd place and beating teams who are on paper much better than me

Hi guys,

in the last FM11 game i finally did the team talks myself and worked out a system based on scoreline of which talk to give and got positive results back everytime so i was wandering to myself how would i go with the new tone system in team talks and i have worked out you only need to use 3 tones during the match.

Pre game team talk : choose the "ASSERTIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback mostly green if not all by players.

Half-time talk: this is based on how the score is if you are drawing or behind you give "AGGRESIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players. if we are winning you give "PASSIONATE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players.

Full time: once again based on scoreline if Drawn or behind you give "AGGRESIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players, if we win you give "PASSIONATE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players.

with these team talks my players morale improves and they all are revved up for the whole year and my performances are great by the team morale is always in the green if not superb for most of the side.

have tested with a wide range of teams and currently using my system for Rotherham and i am leading the league by 1 pt halfway through the season even though i am 1.4million in debt and can only get free players to sign as no transfer money, currently in Npower league 1 at the moment.

hope these work for you guys if you decide to have a go with them.

cheers,
    mike

Amateur

Too many people on here moan about the morale changes in 12.1.0 without actually playing the game for a while. They just like to be able to pick a team, click continue and win. Whats the point in that? The game has to be challenging or its pointless playing. If you want the game to be easy..just give yourself a higher reputation. Thats the purpose of the patch..to make the game realistic!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bezzler View Post
    In regards to the teamtalks i found this posted on the general section of the forum. I have used it in five games and i am suprised to say that it is working fine, could this just be some kind of bug? The reason being is i am playing as Wycombe who have just got promoted to the championship, i have a small wage and transfer budget compared to the other teams,but find myself in 2nd place and beating teams who are on paper much better than me

Hi guys,

in the last FM11 game i finally did the team talks myself and worked out a system based on scoreline of which talk to give and got positive results back everytime so i was wandering to myself how would i go with the new tone system in team talks and i have worked out you only need to use 3 tones during the match.

Pre game team talk : choose the "ASSERTIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback mostly green if not all by players.

Half-time talk: this is based on how the score is if you are drawing or behind you give "AGGRESIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players. if we are winning you give "PASSIONATE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players.

Full time: once again based on scoreline if Drawn or behind you give "AGGRESIVE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players, if we win you give "PASSIONATE" tone and choose the last option always get positive feedback from players mostly green if not all by players.

with these team talks my players morale improves and they all are revved up for the whole year and my performances are great by the team morale is always in the green if not superb for most of the side.

have tested with a wide range of teams and currently using my system for Rotherham and i am leading the league by 1 pt halfway through the season even though i am 1.4million in debt and can only get free players to sign as no transfer money, currently in Npower league 1 at the moment.

hope these work for you guys if you decide to have a go with them.

cheers,
    mike
    If you speak with an aggressive tone to players who don't respect you, they will ignore you at best.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by rick b View Post
    too many people on here moan about the morale changes in 12.1.0 without actually playing the game for a while. They just like to be able to pick a team, click continue and win. Whats the point in that? The game has to be challenging or its pointless playing. If you want the game to be easy..just give yourself a higher reputation. Thats the purpose of the patch..to make the game realistic!
    totally agree. I *want* a low rep because that's what i'd have irl. I want to challenge myself with regards scouting, teamtalks etc and not have it easy! Want to prove the doubters that i can build a cohesive team and tactics!

Semi Pro

My only gripe with the patch is it's crashing all the time when i click on my coaches, i thought 12.1.1 was supposed to fix that :s other then that i'm loving the game, just want the crashes to stop otherwise i'm going to lose all my coaches, again.

Part-Timer

Has the opposition instructions bug been brought up in this thread - it's hugely annoying.

Posted in the bug forum: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...88#post7429288

Amateur

Great patch. Just want to say thanks to SI for finding a way to fix the Belgium work permit bug. The only problem is that it resets the count if the players were in belgium in the seasons before the patch
    Last edited by stevenw; 23-12-2011 at 16:42.

Amateur

I don't know if it's a new feature, but it's something I've only spotted recently. My assistant's Squad Depth page is showing his opinion of my squad INCLUDING confirmed future transfers. This is an extremely clever little thing that impresses me, and makes finding the weaknesses in next season's squad a little easier. Thank you SI for this one.

Banned

How do i download it? My steam doesn't do anything.

Semi Pro

The patch, or the game?

Lurker

Default team talk

no matter what team talk i use i will get either no body language specific or a few player get switch off. so far i have even get a single green outcome on a player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    The patch, or the game?
    I've the game installed its just that patch.

I only bought it in the last few days so havent the other ones either

Check in your in-game preferences for the version number, there's no new database so when you start a game it'll be 12.0.

Amateur

I can't believe it...how wrong you do your job. How can you put update with team talk bug??? I won in away game 2-1 and i said to my boys that i am happy, but 2 players seemed witched off, the rest non reaction... WTF??????????
    Please explain how this can be possible?????????

Amateur

Their personalities, your reputation, the pre-game expectations, many other factors...

Amateur

not enjoying the game with the new patch, i have less time to play and don't enjoy having no effect on player morale or the coach limit effecting my training

i play this game for fun, not for frustration

yet again si pandering to the boastful idiots on here saying the game is 'too easy' when i felt the balance was reasonable before, now it is no fun to me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigman View Post
    not enjoying the game with the new patch, i have less time to play and don't enjoy having no effect on player morale or the coach limit effecting my training

i play this game for fun, not for frustration

yet again si pandering to the boastful idiots on here saying the game is 'too easy' when i felt the balance was reasonable before, now it is no fun to me
    Correct they have taken all the fun out of it, I was happy that they fixed most of the bugs but then we have the morale bug it's a total joke. I am a world class manager cleaned up domestically for last 5 years I have a team of superstars was on a 52 game unbeaten run and since the patch I can't win to save myself getten beat by crap to ME the game is unplayable as it takes the enjoyment out of it thanks again SI great job.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsgalore View Post
    Correct they have taken all the fun out of it, I was happy that they fixed most of the bugs but then we have the morale bug it's a total joke. I am a world class manager cleaned up domestically for last 5 years I have a team of superstars was on a 52 game unbeaten run and since the patch I can't win to save myself getten beat by crap to ME the game is unplayable as it takes the enjoyment out of it thanks again SI great job.
    And you dont think a 52 match unbeaten run could have been aided by a bug with morale ;)

Banned

Oh Really?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CountFu@kula View Post
    Oh Really?
    What you mean oh really?? I am world class in the game or you making a smart ass comment??

Also for someone who doesn't know if a patch is downloaded and has just purchased the game and doesn't know what it was like before the patch I have no interest in your opinion thanks
    Last edited by bugsgalore; 25-12-2011 at 15:01.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarMan View Post
    And you dont think a 52 match unbeaten run could have been aided by a bug with morale ;)
    Of course your right I'm wrong isn't that how it goes on here? And no there was nothing wring with the morale in the first place and they changed it to make ot harder didnt they not or am I missing something here do you know it was a bug in the first place? If so please tell me where SI have said it was a bug?

Of course your right I'm wrong isn't that how it goes on here? And no there was nothing wring with the morale in the first place and they changed it to make ot harder didnt they not or am I missing something here do you know it was a bug in the first place? If so please tell me where SI have said it was a bug?
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...012-difficulty.

all in here, it was discussed for about 6 weeks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post

Means nothing to me because a few folk say its too easy plenty more people have said it was just about right it wasn't a bug and ot was wrong to make ot harder by changing morale I don't care anyway the enjoyment I had in the game has gone.

Means nothing to me because a few folk say its too easy plenty more people have said it was just about right it wasn't a bug and ot was wrong to make ot harder by changing morale I don't care anyway the enjoyment I had in the game has gone.
    I didnt side with them but it was a lot more than a few folk, and the evidence they actually submitted was pretty hard to ignore. Given the speed you replied at i assume you didnt read through the thread. Shame really, it would have given you a much better insight into why the changes were made

Banned

They shouldnt listen to idiots on the INTERNET. You go on to any game site and its full of ''OMG this game sucks you ruined it OMG'' I mean alot of things in this patch where put in off the back of people complaining.

Football genius's like me will always master it. Forget the whining noobs. If they are going to be listening to them they will be releasing a patch every day.

Just release as intended fix bugs and update transfers.

The special ones will be special and the craps ones will be crap.

Semi Pro

Assist managers need to get fixed they are useless on team talks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Aim_Less View Post
    Assist managers need to get fixed they are useless on team talks
    Totaly agree. They are useless in general, not only in relation to the team talks. I never employ AssMan, is totaly waste of many.

Amateur

Not being able to adjust your wage/transfer budget freely can render the game unplayable at points. Ridiculous.

The coach allocation changes feel arbitrary and artificial. Surely, imposing a cost in performance on coaches when they train both youth and senior players would have made more sense.

The whole backroom staff recruitment system ought to be overhauled. It makes no sense that a first team coach will never be interested in another coaching role irrespective of the club stature and salary, in addition to the fact that staff can never be demoted, which is just silly.

Motivating and player interactions ought to be simplified perhaps in the model of a game like LA Noire, where you essentially have three clear options to choose from to respond to the situation presented, rather than about 50 vague ones. This is a football match, not a police investigation.

Contract negotiation is a complete drag. Whoever designed it forgot this is meant to be a game, not a test of anal retentiveness.

Attributes for non-playing staff ought to be highlighted as they are among playing staff, there's no point being cryptic about it just to conceal the fact that the best staff are easy to acquire.

Why not focus on streamlining the game rather than focusing on superficial changes that restrict the game? For instance when selling or loaning player, after you decide to renegotiate an offer what is the point of receiving a new offer from the same club that has to be actioned, when it is identical to the terms you negotiated before? It's unneccessary padding that just slows the game down and makes the whole process a grind when you have to repeat it each transfer window.

Additionally, often you have to send a group of players ought on loan. Why can't you request a specific loan length from the outset instead of being bogged down in about 50 individual negotiations once interested clubs make their offers. It's so aggravating switching about 50 loan offers from three month lengths to season-long, particularly when its been repeated for more than 5 installments of the game now! I'm starting to think this is a conspiracy to give me and fellow FM players carpal tunnel syndrome. Ridiculous!

BTW SI, we have keyboards! Let us use them! Why can't we type in an amount in contract negotiations rather than incessantly tapping our mice to toggle unneccesarily slowly between amounts? And neither we nor our mice enjoy the process, so why does everything have to be a grind?

Positional training ought to be improved. Its a joke that players like Milner can go from being wide players to being a natural central midfielders in between installments of the game, but the in-game process requires indefinite training season after season, that is unless you want the nasty surprise of seeing all that progress lost in spite of regularly fielding the player in that role.

This latest patch feels like you guys at SI decided not to bother testing the game for yourselves, instead treating the players like guinea pigs with an automatic update, equivalent of remotely sabotaging my game. You changed things that weren't especially bothersome to begin with, in the process inventing new problems. The inability to adjust budgets in particular has to be fixed, the one thing I've always loved about Football Manager is the huge database of players that provide a myriad of possibilities when building a team, having to autistically clear one set of transfers at a time before being able to adjust your budget saps all the fun from playing the transfer market. At least give us the option of choosing between updates as in last year.
    Last edited by mowglee1; 25-12-2011 at 21:13.

Banned

I didnt side with them but it was a lot more than a few folk, and the evidence they actually submitted was pretty hard to ignore. Given the speed you replied at i assume you didnt read through the thread. Shame really, it would have given you a much better insight into why the changes were made
    I couldn't be bothered reading thru I had more important things to do the day, it's pointless even reading thru it as some people have different opinions so not everyone will agree with eachother or it would be boring end of the day it's ruined my game experience.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CountFu@kula View Post
    They shouldnt listen to idiots on the INTERNET. You go on to any game site and its full of ''OMG this game sucks you ruined it OMG'' I mean alot of things in this patch where put in off the back of people complaining.

Football genius's like me will always master it. Forget the whining noobs. If they are going to be listening to them they will be releasing a patch every day.

Just release as intended fix bugs and update transfers.

The special ones will be special and the craps ones will be crap.
    Lol I think you have a problem with that tiny brain of yours, are the idiots you say not allowed a opinion?? Will we just pay our money and just get on with it?? I have given my feed back and this is what this thead is for if you can't come up with constructive opinions instead of slagging people off don't reply to them but of course your the special one who doesn't know if a patch has been downloaded your the man keep it up :-) over and out

Before patch:

Ive got the best 3 strikers in the league, im the first 7 games of the season they get 23 between them.

After patch:

2 Goals in 11 games. They have however scored 18 goals which were ruled offside, 7 goals which were ruled as fouls and hit the woodwork innumerable times.
    Ive never been this frustrated with a fm patch before. My central defenders are my top scorers.

Ive been on this save for over 4 days but im so tempted to delete it and then uninstall FM. Absolutely terrible.

Please please fix this.

Morale changes occur both for you an AI mangers do you're all in the same boat. As has been explained elsewhere, some tactics rely heavily on very strong morale - the changes have made the game more realistic - rather than have one tactic and press continue for an entire season you have to make tactical changes, use opposition instructions and actually 'manage' the players with interaction/team meetings.Before once you got on a good run with supeb morale it was almost impossible to get knocked out of it. Likewise hit a losing streak and without a fair bit of luck you'll be out of a job before long. Now there's most certainly a more even balance and a 'good' morale is the norm as opposed to superb.Any manage who is struggling post 12.1.1 - what have you true to do to halt the bad run?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Morale changes occur both for you an AI mangers do you're all in the same boat. As has been explained elsewhere, some tactics rely heavily on very strong morale - the changes have made the game more realistic - rather than have one tactic and press continue for an entire season you have to make tactical changes, use opposition instructions and actually 'manage' the players with interaction/team meetings.Before once you got on a good run with supeb morale it was almost impossible to get knocked out of it. Likewise hit a losing streak and without a fair bit of luck you'll be out of a job before long. Now there's most certainly a more even balance and a 'good' morale is the norm as opposed to superb.Any manage who is struggling post 12.1.1 - what have you true to do to halt the bad run?
    That's all good and well Neil, but do you think the player interaction interface deserves the prominence into which you guys at SI have forced it? Have you guys at SI stopped and considered whether it is even a 'fun' component in the game? Btw The myriad of options in terms of comments and tone will not be mistaken for depth, rather it just seems a bit pretentious. Just look at the depth conveyed in games like LA Noire and you go through the game choosing between only 3 variations of tone.

Please address the inflexibility that was introduced to adjusting the wage/transfer budget when deals are pending. For many like me, Football Manager's greatest charm is it's huge database and the fun of dabbling in the transfer market to build teams. Putting limitations on this by being essentially frozen out of transfer deals while deals are pending hides the games biggest asset (it's incredibly detailed catalogue of players) under a bushel.

Many of the other changes brought about by this update I can take or leave, BUT the game desperately needs a bit of streamlining as I've mentioned in previous posts, there is way to much unnecessary padding that seems to only serve the purpose of slowing the game down.

Cheers.

Semi Pro

Why am I playing teams down in and near the relegation zone with 'very good' and 'superb' morale across the board?

Lurker

Update my fm2012 for 12.1.1, but i still cant get those epl awards, such as player of the month, manager of the month. Any idea?

Thanks for the help.

Amateur

Have a save from before the latest patch. In it, Capello just retired after the 2014 WC in Brazil and I tried applying for the England manager's job. My achievements in game include 3 Premier League titles, 1 Champions League trophy, 2 FA Cups and 1 Carling Cup with World Class reputation but my application was quite literally laughed off by the FA. It might be because I have no English nationality but then again, they gave the job the Mancini so that's not it (he also has a worse reputation).

Amateur

Anyone else notice that the 'one-year' contract extension clause after a certain number of games has disappeared from the contract negotiations? I've seen the odd agent demand it in the contract (specially for older players), but as the manager I am not able to initiate it at all.

Was this removed?

(Sorry, I managed to slog through the first 4 pages of this thread, but just got tired and posted. Sorry if this has been answered before)
    Last edited by vikaman; 26-12-2011 at 10:31.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CityAndColour View Post
    Why am I playing teams down in and near the relegation zone with 'very good' and 'superb' morale across the board?
    It's not that implausible. Lots of relegation-bound teams have a good spirit about them, especially if they were never expected to do well anyway.
    Blackburn may be in the doldrums, but a team like Wigan are always liable to pull off an upset or two every season, because they all seem to really like their manager, and although they go through slumps, their heads never seem to drop for too long.
    Blackpool last season seemed to have a decent spirit about them even when the wins dried up.

Amateur

surely made the game worse. you should consider undone the update. just stupid.

We feel it has made it better, as the morale was a bit bugged pre 12.1.

It shouldn't be that hard to re-adjust things if your tactic was previously reliant on superb morale. Just a matter of using logic and patience.

Amateur

Default Before and after recent morale patch

First off - I'm not saying there wasn't a problem with morale before the recent patch. I did have a run of 30+ games scoring goals in every match.

However something seems to be wrong now. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with morale...

This is before the patch - as you can see I'm doing fine:

This is after patch - can't score goals anymore:

Now before you say this is because my team-morale must have gone to pathetic by now, then take a look at the morale of my squad...

I haven't changed the way I play and I'm not playing with just one tactic. I use 3 different tactics to counter the opponent formations. All of them seem to be broken, or rather my players seem to be broken, cause they can't score anymore. It's a bit frustrating to say the least. Anyone able to shed some light on this problem?

Amateur

There is defo something wrong with morale, suddenly my morale has gone to very poor and I can't get a win anywhere! Load of crap.

Part-Timer

The word form SI is that elements of morale was broken before the patch and now fixed tactics that were brilliant before might now need tweaking because they relied on Superb morale and now Superb morale is now harder to achieve.

Before the update Superb was classed has the norm but now Good is the norm.

Amateur

Any news on the missing contract clauses?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Welsh Lad View Post
    The word form SI is that elements of morale was broken before the patch and now fixed tactics that were brilliant before might now need tweaking because they relied on Superb morale and now Superb morale is now harder to achieve.

Before the update Superb was classed has the norm but now Good is the norm.
    You may want to read the second part of the OP.

Third Team

Jose Mourinho appears as numbers in the hall of fame, however his profile seems fine

Amateur

look at the poll results....si are a joke

Amateur

i'm glad i'm not the only one who is struggling post patch, this game is never going to be 'realistic' but at least make it fun

it's becoming more of a grind, i used to love playing fm08 and the old champ managers detaching myself from reality and creating my own football world, not a pale imitation of real life, filled with excuses for bs like losing 1-0 in the 89th minute 10 games a year because 'it sometimes happens in real life'

is there no way to remove this patch>?

Amateur

Unfortunately SI has messed up its own kid. NO, no way to go back...

Amateur

I was loving my save before this patch and now I'm finding it hard to keep playing even though im in 2018. Well done SI for messing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by paganizer View Post
    First off - I'm not saying there wasn't a problem with morale before the recent patch. I did have a run of 30+ games scoring goals in every match.

However something seems to be wrong now. I'm not even sure it has anything to do with morale...

This is before the patch - as you can see I'm doing fine:

This is after patch - can't score goals anymore:

Now before you say this is because my team-morale must have gone to pathetic by now, then take a look at the morale of my squad...

I haven't changed the way I play and I'm not playing with just one tactic. I use 3 different tactics to counter the opponent formations. All of them seem to be broken, or rather my players seem to be broken, cause they can't score anymore. It's a bit frustrating to say the least. Anyone able to shed some light on this problem?
    Interesting case. It's possible it isn't related to 12.1 at all, but also possible that one of the minor ME changes has had an unusually significanr effect on your team. The main ones I can think of:

- we made AI attacking corner routines more similar to the human ones that we know are effective. But to balance things we also made delivery of corners a bit less accurate and also made it harder to head the ball accurately under severe pressure. So if your team was corner reliant, this could be a factor.

- we made AI managers use touchline instructions a bit better. Main one used more is 'work ball into box' for the higher standard teams.

- I fixed a slightly curious bug in the positioning of full backs in the defensive third of the pitch which in theory allowed teams to get in behind defences too easily in wide areas. Whether you were unwittingly exploiting this I don't know obviously.

- team talk changes relating to managers world reputation in relation to works rep of their players. This would probably only apply if you are a low reputation manager in charge of a team of international standard players.

Amateur

Im getting the problem with the green screen on the editor and i cannot seem to sort it. Ive tried clearing the cache and uninstalling but it worked fine before and now its just completely terrible. Im on a mac if that helps at all

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    We feel it has made it better, as the morale was a bit bugged pre 12.1.

It shouldn't be that hard to re-adjust things if your tactic was previously reliant on superb morale. Just a matter of using logic and patience.
    This is a puzzle to me. Why would cirtain positions/tactics need greater morale than others, rather than skill and good tactics that suit cirtain individuals/opposition being the overall provision for success? A striker deosn't need any more moral than a defender, likewise a playmaker to a defensive midfielder, or a winger to a full back. Sure it should have an affect, but two teams with same moral, different tactics with players that suit these tactics yet evenly rated skill set for said positions, should be relatively even and a closely contested game should ensue, or this is my take on how the game runs. Never heard of 'tactics' being reliant on morale and am wondering why and which ones, or which position types?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatecoatedballs View Post
    This is a puzzle to me. Why would cirtain positions/tactics need greater morale than others, rather than skill and good tactics that suit cirtain individuals/opposition being the overall provision for success? A striker deosn't need any more moral than a defender, likewise a playmaker to a defensive midfielder, or a winger to a full back. Sure it should have an affect, but two teams with same moral, different tactics with players that suit these tactics yet evenly rated skill set for said positions, should be relatively even and a closely contested game should ensue, or this is my take on how the game runs. Never heard of 'tactics' being reliant on morale and am wondering why and which ones, or which position types?
    A fired up play is more likely to close down faster etc. A confident player is more likely to attempt the more ambitious than one who isnt. You see it all the time IRL. Compare a lacking in confidence Torres to an on fire RVP for example

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    Interesting case. It's possible it isn't related to 12.1 at all, but also possible that one of the minor ME changes has had an unusually significanr effect on your team. The main ones I can think of:

- we made AI attacking corner routines more similar to the human ones that we know are effective. But to balance things we also made delivery of corners a bit less accurate and also made it harder to head the ball accurately under severe pressure. So if your team was corner reliant, this could be a factor.

- we made AI managers use touchline instructions a bit better. Main one used more is 'work ball into box' for the higher standard teams.

- I fixed a slightly curious bug in the positioning of full backs in the defensive third of the pitch which in theory allowed teams to get in behind defences too easily in wide areas. Whether you were unwittingly exploiting this I don't know obviously.

- team talk changes relating to managers world reputation in relation to works rep of their players. This would probably only apply if you are a low reputation manager in charge of a team of international standard players.
    I've heard it all now by SI tactics only work with morale, isn't it skill that tactics work? And when you question that it's down to them changing the ME ha does make me laugh seems like there just making up excuses because they know they have got this update wrong, thing is everything that was wrong before patch they fixed but now brought this morale problem with it, I've spent hours with my save game and now I can't even bring myself to play it anymore what a waste of time I've lost.

Banned

A fired up play is more likely to close down faster etc. A confident player is more likely to attempt the more ambitious than one who isnt. You see it all the time IRL. Compare a lacking in confidence Torres to an on fire RVP for example
    Didn't you see the post above you can have a team with superb morale yet can't win a game, how does that work?

Amateur

I understand that, but my question was not in the differring morale, but the PaulC's quotation lead me to beleive that cirtain positions 'depended' on morale, but as I said, if said player came up against his opposition with the same morale and skillset, it should be an even contest yes, or if his opposition number had a lower skillset and the same morale your said player should win out in most of the contests? Yet PaulC makes me beleive some positions are more dependant on moral than others or rather, affected by it.
    Or am I reading too much into his quote?
    Last edited by chocolatecoatedballs; 27-12-2011 at 01:55. Reason: v 1.1.1 :slight expansion. changed would to should

Youth Team

I've heard it all now by SI tactics only work with morale, isn't it skill that tactics work? And when you question that it's down to them changing the ME ha does make me laugh seems like there just making up excuses because they know they have got this update wrong, thing is everything that was wrong before patch they fixed but now brought this morale problem with it, I've spent hours with my save game and now I can't even bring myself to play it anymore what a waste of time I've lost.
    A friend of mine had a very similar tactic to mine. One of the few differences was that he had his players close down a little less than me even though we pushed up the same amount and use the same formation. His tactic was ruined after 12.1.0, while mine worked just fine, if not better than before. Angry as he was he grew desperate enough to listen to me, and tried one game where he pushed closing down to max just like me. Everything was back to normal that match.

We concluded that the tweaked morale system made his players too passive and thus he lost momentum up front, and was punished severly for that passiveness in defense.

To make myself very clear: FM has always been a game where a itsy bitsy tiny change to one single slider could ruin a whole tactic, and new patches have always ruined savegames in the past. This has not changed in FM12 and it likely will not ever change either... so I don't know what the fuzz is about, really.

In FM11.2, for example, I took Crewe to PL and just managed to get into the Euro Cup when 11.3 came out and my tactic became obsolete. I designed a new tactic, took control of Las Palmas and had one of my best saves ever! It is really strange that lots of similarly FM-experienced gamers moan about quitting the franchise now, after having had their savegames ruined three times a year since 2005! Get a f*ing perspective!

Amateur

i just started a new game w/villa, with the latest patch. one of the first things i usually do is sign some scouts and im having trouble doing it right now because with a number of unattached scouts ive approached, i immediately get the "im not currently interested in entering into contract discussions" and all of the options are greyed out, including the job, which is now always defaulting to assistant manager. for example, i have brazil loaded as a playable league and when i approach ayres albequerque, the aforementioned happens where before i would at least be able to make an offer.

so im not sure if its just much tougher to sign unattached staff (perhaps b/c of reputation) or its a bug, because in the past i was able to at least offer a contract (even if i was overpaying) to a lot of the same staff thats in the current db.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by mowglee1 View Post
    Not being able to adjust your wage/transfer budget freely can render the game unplayable at points. Ridiculous.
    Not entirely sure what you mean here, I have no issues adjusting the budgets.

The coach allocation changes feel arbitrary and artificial. Surely, imposing a cost in performance on coaches when they train both youth and senior players would have made more sense.
    I kind of agree with you here, but at the same time, I can see the point in the changes too. Personally, I'm not too fussed either way.

The whole backroom staff recruitment system ought to be overhauled. It makes no sense that a first team coach will never be interested in another coaching role irrespective of the club stature and salary, in addition to the fact that staff can never be demoted, which is just silly.
    Fully agree with all of this.

Motivating and player interactions ought to be simplified perhaps in the model of a game like LA Noire, where you essentially have three clear options to choose from to respond to the situation presented, rather than about 50 vague ones. This is a football match, not a police investigation.
    Completely disagree with this. 3 options is just far too basic. Players have personalities, they react differently to different things, and taking that away is just dumbing down the game. The options for teamtalks are pretty clear at the moment, and if anything, more options should be added.

Contract negotiation is a complete drag. Whoever designed it forgot this is meant to be a game, not a test of anal retentiveness.
    That's what negotiations are. It was far too simple back in the previous versions when a player would ask for a wage, you'd agree to it and the transfer would be completed. The game has moved on, and even though it could use a bit of a work still, it's far better now than it was in the past.

Attributes for non-playing staff ought to be highlighted as they are among playing staff, there's no point being cryptic about it just to conceal the fact that the best staff are easy to acquire.
    Not really sure of your point here. What attributes in particular are being concealed?

Why not focus on streamlining the game rather than focusing on superficial changes that restrict the game? For instance when selling or loaning player, after you decide to renegotiate an offer what is the point of receiving a new offer from the same club that has to be actioned, when it is identical to the terms you negotiated before? It's unneccessary padding that just slows the game down and makes the whole process a grind when you have to repeat it each transfer window.
    Again, not entirely sure what you mean. If you've offered a player out and another club has agreed to the terms, why would you renegotiate it?

Additionally, often you have to send a group of players ought on loan. Why can't you request a specific loan length from the outset instead of being bogged down in about 50 individual negotiations once interested clubs make their offers. It's so aggravating switching about 50 loan offers from three month lengths to season-long, particularly when its been repeated for more than 5 installments of the game now! I'm starting to think this is a conspiracy to give me and fellow FM players carpal tunnel syndrome. Ridiculous!
    Completely agree with this.

BTW SI, we have keyboards! Let us use them! Why can't we type in an amount in contract negotiations rather than incessantly tapping our mice to toggle unneccesarily slowly between amounts? And neither we nor our mice enjoy the process, so why does everything have to be a grind?
    Can't agree enough with this! It's good that there are different amounts to start from, but if I want to make an offer of £1.7m, why do I either have to start from £1m and click up 7 times or start from £2.5m and click down 8 times, when I have a keyboard right in front of me with the numbers 1 and 7 in easy reach?

Positional training ought to be improved. Its a joke that players like Milner can go from being wide players to being a natural central midfielders in between installments of the game, but the in-game process requires indefinite training season after season, that is unless you want the nasty surprise of seeing all that progress lost in spite of regularly fielding the player in that role.
    Again, completely agree.

This latest patch feels like you guys at SI decided not to bother testing the game for yourselves, instead treating the players like guinea pigs with an automatic update, equivalent of remotely sabotaging my game. You changed things that weren't especially bothersome to begin with, in the process inventing new problems. The inability to adjust budgets in particular has to be fixed, the one thing I've always loved about Football Manager is the huge database of players that provide a myriad of possibilities when building a team, having to autistically clear one set of transfers at a time before being able to adjust your budget saps all the fun from playing the transfer market. At least give us the option of choosing between updates as in last year.
    Just got what your first point was after reading this, and I completely agree again. I also dislike not having the choice regarding game updates, but I am actually happy with the latest patch overall so I'm currently not too bothered about it. I do hope we have the choice in the near future though, as no doubt there will be a patch that will make the game less enjoyable for me and I'd be fuming if I had to stop my long saved game because of an update I didn't want in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatecoatedballs View Post
    I understand that, but my question was not in the differring morale, but the PaulC's quotation lead me to beleive that cirtain positions 'depended' on morale, but as I said, if said player came up against his opposition with the same morale and skillset, it should be an even contest yes, or if his opposition number had a lower skillset and the same morale your said player should win out in most of the contests? Yet PaulC makes me beleive some positions are more dependant on moral than others or rather, affected by it.
    Or am I reading too much into his quote?
    reading too much into it. think there was a situation where some tactics were demanding enough that they required a player or players to be right at the top of their game (ie superb morale) to get that bit extra from it, really closing down and snapping in to tackles, playing that uber confident ball etc, ie things they may not necessairly do with good/ok morale. as a result said tactic suffered. That's my take on it anyway

First Team Squad Member

Not going to read the first 10 pages of this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but I am getting a horrific amount of injuries. Every game I am literally getting 2 or 3 injuries and it's really quite annoying.

Amateur

why would u remove the option to play with a certain databae or update like in fm11? how can i remove this patch/update? if i pay £30 for a game, surely i should be able to choose?

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

The option to use different DB's hasn't been removed there's only one official one atm is all.

The Steam update system is the way they decided to go which means no rolling back, I don't see that changing.

Tactics and Match Engine Moderator

That's not what was said. At all.

There were three issues in 12.0.0:

1: User set pieces overpowered the AI. This was because delivery was too accurate to compensate for AI set piece routines being pretty awful. If a user had a decent routine, a good taker and tall, powerful target, he'd score far too many undeserved goals.
    2: AI match prep was bugged, resulting in it having no back up tactics to help get back in the game after going down. Consequently, if you scored an easy set piece goal, you were likely to win.
    3: As a result, it was easy to go on long winning streaks and keep morale unrealistically high. This was furthered by players over-reacting to pep talks by low reputation managers.

The set piece bug was fixed by reducing delivery accuracy and giving the AI better routines. To compensate, direct free kicks were made slightly more accurate. The other ME changes theoretically give the AI teams slightly more teeth, but by no means make them super-charged. Some of the 'reduce long shots' tweaks have resulted in range shots being a little more dangerous simply because players are more considered when trying them.

If you were winning easily and are now struggling, it is almost entirely to do with the above bugs. Although you might be finding it frustrating to suddenly lose your form, please think of the thousands of other users who were finding it equally frustrating to win with no effort at all. There has to be some challenge or the game dies on its feet. I can assure you that the problems you are facing will be totally fixable and are largely down to the blindness that frustration often inflicts. Keep this in mind:

1: The quality of player is the most important thing. If you don't have great players, don't expect great things. Set an achievable target season on season and try to meet/better it. Don't aim for the stars until you are ready to.
    2: Don't try to develop a super-tactic that never needs to be changed to compensate for conditions, opponents or scorelines. This will simply result in lots of micro slider tweaking, which is not a fun way to play FM. Embrace the TC / shouts or design some classic tactics for different scenarios and switch between them as and when required.
    3: Recognise that team talks and player interaction is context dependent and not a simple scoreline driven system. It is not just about praising wins and damning losses, but recognising how well the team played in the context of the fixture.

If you focus on the above three points and try to learn how to slowly improve your team building, tactical and man-management skills, FM will become a fun game for you again.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by wwfan View Post
    2: Don't try to develop a super-tactic that never needs to be changed to compensate for conditions, opponents or scorelines. This will simply result in lots of micro slider tweaking, which is not a fun way to play FM. Embrace the TC / shouts or design some classic tactics for different scenarios and switch between them as and when required.
    Hi wwfan,

I agree with everything you said, execpt this point.
    I always try to create a super tactic in FM, that allow me to win as much as i can. And yes, because of that my tactic is full of little tweaks in the team and players instructions... and yes, because of that i dont use shouts.... but... despite all that, i think its a lot of fun!

It's a different way to play the game, and perhaps a way that is the "wrong" way in the eyes of the SI, but its fun! At least for me!

I always use the same tactic, home and away, against a weaker or stronger team. And the only (but it's very rare) tweak i do is changing the mentality from control to attacking.

Different way to play the game, but also a fun way!

Tactics and Match Engine Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
    Hi wwfan,

I agree with everything you said, execpt this point.
    I always try to create a super tactic in FM, that allow me to win as much as i can. And yes, because of that my tactic is full of little tweaks in the team and players instructions... and yes, because of that i dont use shouts.... but... despite all that, i think its a lot of fun!

It's a different way to play the game, and perhaps a way that is the "wrong" way in the eyes of the SI, but its fun! At least for me!

I always use the same tactic, home and away, against a weaker or stronger team. And the only (but it's very rare) tweak i do is changing the mentality from control to attacking.

Different way to play the game, but also a fun way!
    I certainly think that once you have the team you want, it becomes less and less necessary to adjust your tactics and more and more about developing your own style of play. So, I think you can evolve towards developing a 'super-tactic', but one that is moulded to your own team. I don't find manually tweaking sliders to design a 'beat everybody no matter who my players are' tactic to be any fun at all. However, I do try to move towards a tactic ideally suited to my squad.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by wwfan View Post
    I certainly think that once you have the team you want, it becomes less and less necessary to adjust your tactics and more and more about developing your own style of play. So, I think you can evolve towards developing a 'super-tactic', but one that is moulded to your own team. I don't find manually tweaking sliders to design a 'beat everybody no matter who my players are' tactic to be any fun at all. However, I do try to move towards a tactic ideally suited to my squad.
    I think that the super-tactics most of the time (they are exceptions) only work with the user that made them. The reason for this, is that he make that tactic with an ideia of a game plan, with players X Y and Z in mind.
    This is why i dont like to download tactics made by others users. Everytime i've done that they dont work with my teams! lol

When i say "supertactics", it's related with people that onlu use one tactic in all the game and have sucess. I'm not talking about a tactic where you win all the games by 8-0 (diablo style)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by BiggusD View Post
    A friend of mine had a very similar tactic to mine. One of the few differences was that he had his players close down a little less than me even though we pushed up the same amount and use the same formation. His tactic was ruined after 12.1.0, while mine worked just fine, if not better than before. Angry as he was he grew desperate enough to listen to me, and tried one game where he pushed closing down to max just like me. Everything was back to normal that match.

We concluded that the tweaked morale system made his players too passive and thus he lost momentum up front, and was punished severly for that passiveness in defense.

To make myself very clear: FM has always been a game where a itsy bitsy tiny change to one single slider could ruin a whole tactic, and new patches have always ruined savegames in the past. This has not changed in FM12 and it likely will not ever change either... so I don't know what the fuzz is about, really.

In FM11.2, for example, I took Crewe to PL and just managed to get into the Euro Cup when 11.3 came out and my tactic became obsolete. I designed a new tactic, took control of Las Palmas and had one of my best saves ever! It is really strange that lots of similarly FM-experienced gamers moan about quitting the franchise now, after having had their savegames ruined three times a year since 2005! Get a f*ing perspective!
    That is why I have seen an increase of people only buying the game after the last patch, because there is no more patches to be released and they can play the game, without any fear of patch ruining their tactics.

Amateur

i haven't played the game for a week or 2 so when i load my game up will it be the new patch? Or do i need to start a new game for it to implement the changes?

Amateur

TBH I can't be bothered to play the game since the latest update to many things have changed and the game is just to annoying and frustrating (and I'm not a hater I have loved and have to say they have been my favorite games, including all the previous versions of FM and I have enjoyed playing all of them including FM12 before the update) If you're gonna make the game harder after its release and gamers have to " just get used to it" as being said on here surely you need to bring in a skill level option like easy ,normal or realistic to appease all gamers not just the "its to easy boasters" or the SI worshippers.
    Because with the attitude being shown so far by SI I'm not really interested in buying any future Football Manager games (sad but true)
    Last edited by GeordieRichee; 28-12-2011 at 13:04.

Part-Timer

Will there be a patch after January for the January transfers?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Thanks for the explanation - this made me pretty convinced that I shouldn't be downloading the next patch, unless Steam somehow forces me to (if someone from SI could answer: is there a way of disabling game updates; I go to Games Library/FM/Updates in offline mode but can't change the option from auto updates?).

The main part of the game that I enjoy is buying players, training youth, squad management etc, with a bit of fiddling with the tactic - this is some hassle to get over until I find a tactic that works and then I tend to stick with it. I find it pretty scary that I would be forced to "make tactical changes, use opposition instructions and actually 'manage' the players with interaction/team meetings" - I would definitely find this annoying, frustrating and time consuming. I find all these opposition instructions, constant tactical tweaking and the 1,000 team talk/meeting options just gimmicks that add unnecessary detail and complexity into the game instead of adding much realism (e.g. a better ME and transfers is the most important thing for realism imo).

I have limited time to play the game and don't have days to fiddle round with tactics and team talks. What I want is a game where I can "work hard" building my squad and selecting a tactic that kinda works during the early season, and after that "hard work" (in game terms!) just click through and watch games while sipping a cuppa tea, hopefully with my team winning some - not sweating over every little detail of the game, when one slider moved one click to the right or a team talk done cautiously instead of calmly can send you on an endless losing streak... Afterall, this is a computer game for fun and enjoyment, not a second stressful job.

As I mentioned, would be grateful if SI could advise how I can disable auto updates without going into online mode on Steam (am now in offline mode but am worried of accidentally going online and updating to new patch).

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dkouv View Post
    Afterall, this is a computer game for fun and enjoyment, not a second stressful job.
    It is also a game, not a spreadsheet to click through. I have never known where this paranoia has come from, and I think that Neil Brock might have worded his post in a way that can be easily misunderstood*. But it has always been roughly the same story: Players that don't like the player interaction part of the game put all the blame on their last bad result on the fact that they don't handle player interaction themselves - players that don't like a certain part of the game put all the blame on their last bad result on the fact that they don't engage in said part of the game. Prior to the ever popular team talks, the sliders were the main culprit. And then players always jump to the conclusion that a certain aspect of the game must be way overpowered, that just one or two clicks on the slider bar would be the deciding factor between Champions League glory and Blue Square North misery, and that getting a "bad" effect on a team talk would suddenly cause a good side to collapse ASAP.

Neither of which has ever remotely been the case unless you were doing the outright stupid - which none of the assistants would ever do. In particular team talks have been reportedly toned down - they're flavor for those that want them to be in. Either for role-playing their type of manager (calm/sensible/all-out hair-dryer treatment) or for getting that little bit of extra immersion by doing the man-management all by themselves and witnessing their players react accordingly. Which means it has an effect, of course, but a minor one. And the sliders have never worked this way, plus you don't need to use them. Even radically altering a match strategy is just a matter of clicks rather than adjusting two dozen sliders if you want to. Trying to defend a lead? Click on the corresponding strategy and sit back again. Being a goal down five minutes before the end of a match? Click and your team will try to catch up with the game accordingly. Personally I have to say that if somebody doesn't even want to put in this much effort into the game, I don't know why he would even want to play a game like this. It's two clicks, really, and it's the most basic of strategic thinking.

Either way, for as long as I have been around, like for real-life managers who all have their sets of strengths and preferences, there is a multitude of ways to play FM, and a multitude of ways to be successful. Once you get a new job in the game, one of the first questions in your first press conference will likely be related to you how are going to approach your job - and it is put into the game not only for flavor, it is a clue for the player and it ties in with how the game is designed. You can either master the art of transfering players, the art of youth development, the art of hands-on man handling, of training and let the assistants do what you don't like to do - or you can try to master it all for yourself. Just because the recent patch rebalanced team talks for low-profile managers and some morale issues that allowed players occasionally to go on endless winning streaks (and AI teams to go on endless losing streaks) doesn't mean the game has been turned totally upside down. I can tell you it hasn't. What it means however, is that you might be demanded to put in a tiny bit more effort in "buying players, training your youth and fiddling a bit with the tactic" if you want to have the same level of success as previously, rather than just clicking through and "sipping a cuppa tea".

* What he meant were likely user-made tactics that relied on extreme settings requiring most players in the database to be "on the top of their game" all the time to pull off what was required of them, such as extremely quick possession play, a high pressing game or the manager relying entirelly on one or two players dribbling success to create the space required in the final third of the pitch to create scoring opportunities. It is well documented that players on either extreme end of the morale scale did perform either well above or below their skill level most of the time. Reaching those extremes has been made more difficult.
    Last edited by Svenc; 28-12-2011 at 09:20.

Amateur

Right i have a problem with this new patch with regards to offering contracts to coaches.

Basically i tried to bring in a new coach offered a contract to him which he accepted, the board then canceled this saying we didn't need another coach which is fair enough, however when i try to sign the coach again i get this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...chesissue.jpg/

Its says ''You cannot make a contract offer for this person'' and below ''until a team accept an offer all you can do is wait''.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieRichee View Post
    TBH I can't be bothered to play the game since the latest update to many things have changed and the game is just to annoying and frustrating (and I'm not a hater I have loved and have to say they have been my favorite games, including all the previous versions of FM and I have enjoyed playing all of them including FM12 before the update) If you're gonna make the game harder after its release and gamers have to " just get used to it" as being said on here surely you need to bring in a skill level option like easy ,normal or realistic to appease all gamers not just the "its to easy boasters" or the SI worshippers.
    Because with the attitude being shown so far by SI I'm not really interested in buying any future Football Manager games (sad but true)
    well if they ever bring this into the game itll be the "realistic" option for me as thats why i want to play the game for its realism

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brawler View Post
    Right i have a problem with this new patch with regards to offering contracts to coaches.

Basically i tried to bring in a new coach offered a contract to him which he accepted, the board then canceled this saying we didn't need another coach which is fair enough, however when i try to sign the coach again i get this

Its says ''You cannot make a contract offer for this person'' and below ''until a team accept an offer all you can do is wait''.
    Yeah this has been in since 12.0.0. Best to upload a save game in the bugs forum.

First Team Squad Member

I can't say I agree with that. I haven't had anything like the problems you have since the patch was released. Maybe, as was implied, it is just down to you not tweaking your tactics since the patch.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chiek tiote is a legend View Post
    well if they ever bring this into the game itll be the "realistic" option for me as thats why i want to play the game for its realism
    Me too, I thought the reputation you start with was pretty much the hardness setting for the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by brawler View Post

I get this too, it is especially anoying when in your excitement of finding a great coach for a low wage, you forgot to select youth coach, or first team coach. Maybe it's there to punish our tardiness.
    This also ties in with loans, when you loan a player,, it's defualt setting is set for 'three months', I loaned two players for the first time ever and found out the hard way, I just saw I didn't need to pay anything, all those figures were set to zero, so pressed ok button. In my opinion this defualt setting should be 'till end of season' as far as I am concerned, a three month or six month loan would only be for cover of a long term injury to one of my players. Though not that much of a biggie, just a minor anoyance.

Reserves

Haven't read the thread so sorry if it's been mentioned but free kicks are still not going in enough for me.

This is the stats from last season:

I don't know how this compares to real life but it must be much, much worse.

Other's in the thread have stated they're seeing few DFK's go in.

Cheers

Amateur

A small cosmetic thing from me. On the pre-match screen it used to show you your next few matches, which was a helpful last reminder in case you wanted to rest a few players. Now you only see the current match at the fixtures panel at the bottom of the pre-match screen, which is pointless, and you have to go back to your home page to see the same info.

Semi Pro

There is still an insane amount of "off the woodwork" stuff in an underhanded attempt to keep the scoring down to a "realistic" level. Which would be okay except the game then chastises you for not winning by as large a margin as you ought.

Youth Team

Thanks for the explanation - this made me pretty convinced that I shouldn't be downloading the next patch, unless Steam somehow forces me to (if someone from SI could answer: is there a way of disabling game updates; I go to Games Library/FM/Updates in offline mode but can't change the option from auto updates?).

The main part of the game that I enjoy is buying players, training youth, squad management etc, with a bit of fiddling with the tactic - this is some hassle to get over until I find a tactic that works and then I tend to stick with it. I find it pretty scary that I would be forced to "make tactical changes, use opposition instructions and actually 'manage' the players with interaction/team meetings" - I would definitely find this annoying, frustrating and time consuming. I find all these opposition instructions, constant tactical tweaking and the 1,000 team talk/meeting options just gimmicks that add unnecessary detail and complexity into the game instead of adding much realism (e.g. a better ME and transfers is the most important thing for realism imo).

I have limited time to play the game and don't have days to fiddle round with tactics and team talks. What I want is a game where I can "work hard" building my squad and selecting a tactic that kinda works during the early season, and after that "hard work" (in game terms!) just click through and watch games while sipping a cuppa tea, hopefully with my team winning some - not sweating over every little detail of the game, when one slider moved one click to the right or a team talk done cautiously instead of calmly can send you on an endless losing streak... Afterall, this is a computer game for fun and enjoyment, not a second stressful job.

As I mentioned, would be grateful if SI could advise how I can disable auto updates without going into online mode on Steam (am now in offline mode but am worried of accidentally going online and updating to new patch).
    That's precisely what the patch is supposed to fix.

I agree with the ME and AI being the two most important immersion factors.

Amateur

since the patch the game is now all about morale and team talks from what i have seen. I will go on 6 game winning streaks then lose a game which normally results in me losing 6. I have done this routine with a couple of teams and different tactics and tried a few things to halt losing streaks but all seems random to me now. This may well be me but others seem to be finding the same and as the game is impossible to figure out as its not based on what i find to be logic the fun has gone, very disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by TomHAVFC View Post
    Not going to read the first 10 pages of this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but I am getting a horrific amount of injuries. Every game I am literally getting 2 or 3 injuries and it's really quite annoying.

yes iv started with newcastle and have only played 6 friendlies and heres my injury list- s taylor broken arm 3/4 weeks, m williamson torn calf muscle expected to be out for 3months, r taylor groin strain 4 weeks, cabaye back strain 2/3 weeks, guthrie pulled hamstring 2/6 weeks, ben arfa damaged achilles tendon 4 weeks to 2 months, shola ameobi torn hamstring expected to be out for 2 months and leon best torn calf muscle expected to be out for 3 months.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by makavelli_lp View Post
    since the patch the game is now all about morale and team talks from what i have seen..
    No it isn't, they are what people are blaming everything for (including the price of chips) mainly because they had some tweaks.

Forget all the hypotheses and just do what comes naturally, the game isn't some kind of Chinese puzzle and if you just do what a manager would you'll do fine.

Amateur

Thanks for the replies, Svenc and BiggusD - from what you say it sounds like the patch is not really that extreme in terms of the changes it has made, so maybe it's more like every other patch SI have released, which makes you rejig your tactic and players in one off season but then it's more or less ok again. Still, I got quite a nice save going with a tactic and players that work, trying to get a lower league team promoted from the depths of English non-league, and don't really want to risk it by downloading a new patch at the mo, maybe wait till .3 is out, perhaps.

Would appreciate if someone can answer the following question please:

"As I mentioned, would be grateful if SI could advise how I can disable auto updates without going into online mode on Steam (am now in offline mode but am worried of accidentally going online and updating to new patch). "

Thanks!

Semi Pro

Not tried it, but go into Steam, offline, right click on FM12, go to properties, then updates, and check the setting there.

Part-Timer

While it might seem a minor thing the fix of the goal kick bug is a major improvement on the ME for me, haven't really played that much to see if set pieces are more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Coentrao View Post
    While it might seem a minor thing the fix of the goal kick bug is a major improvement on the ME for me, haven't really played that much to see if set pieces are more balanced.
    The Goal kick fix has made a huge difference for me, since i have two rapid forwards with excellent off the ball and anticipation, before i was getting too many cheap goals, now its much more balanced. Very pleased that's been sorted. So far set pieces seem ok.

Reserves

I was enjoying the game so much before the recent update. Then bam!, it's suddenly a morale and team talk minefield. If this is what people genuinely want, then fine. Can't expect the game to be made exactly to my tastes. But why can't SI let me go back to the previous version, which I was loving?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    Not tried it, but go into Steam, offline, right click on FM12, go to properties, then updates, and check the setting there.
    Thanks for the tip - already tried this unfortunately and I can't choose any other option than "always keep this game up to date" in the "updates" menu. Does anyone know if there's a way of getting round this?

Amateur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRAl...uIvcYKa3CXpOht

watch my keeper the guy in green......
    I mean seriously???

Part-Timer

Thanks for the tip - already tried this unfortunately and I can't choose any other option than "always keep this game up to date" in the "updates" menu. Does anyone know if there's a way of getting round this?
    That's weird as it should be a dropdown menu

I don't know of any other way to do it, but maybe have a look in the Steam forums to see if there is a different way to the standard.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by andrjam View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRAl...uIvcYKa3CXpOht

watch my keeper the guy in green......
    I mean seriously???
    That is a bug, report it to bug forums and share the PKM for the guys at SI to look at it and fix it.

Amateur

This patch has ruined it for me. Surely there must be a workaround to restore the previous version? Some kind of fix that people have used?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast