+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falahk View Post
    am I right in asuming that there was no databas update on this patch?
    No updates, still the 12.0.0 db.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggusD View Post
    - User now gets to pick their feeder club when the board agree to allow the user to pick their own team rather than just pick from suggested clubs.

Can you tell me if the success rate when I do pick my own club has increased from previous versions? Do we need to check club reputation in FMRTE to make sure that the target club is in a proper range compared to our club, because the gap between the lower levels of "National" and "Continental" is so immense that it is not very useful. I suppose over half the clubs in the world have "national" reputation...

Maybe the board could hint a bit as to what kind of club they would think realistic?
    I think the system is similar to previous versions, so you'd have to take certain factors into account. If for you that means using FMRTE then so be it.

Amateur

why their's no much ME improvements ? please anyone from sega answer me cuz i think it's not perfect 100%

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    I think the system is similar to previous versions, so you'd have to take certain factors into account. If for you that means using FMRTE then so be it.
    I won't, but given the randomness of that option I really should if I ever decide to try it again. I opt to let the board find clubs as of now.

Banned

2 major problems:

1. No idea why but I can't offer contracts to free staff ?! It's written that I have to wait until a team accepts my offer... WTF ?!
    2. max staff number has decreased radically: being a top team i only have 6 staff members now and can't get more. Also no option to ask for more staff...

Amateur

Should strikers score that large amount of goals or is it reduced?
    Thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    The starting world reputation for Sunday league is now 0, so if you start a new game you'll get the full effects of that.

Whereas if you continue a game where you started with Sunday League at a higher number, which may now be higher if you have done ok, it will be a bit easier to motivate your players than if you restart.
    Thanks for the answer, I created a new game and I got some job offers that I would think I shouldn't (an second-league Argentinean team, Gimnasia (J)), but maybe it has a low reputation. I did notice that at least there were less teams interested than before!

Amateur

no New games are we came 20.6 2022 and my seve was 19.6 before the patch

Youth Team

Still struggling to sell a few players even at a pittance the likes of Andy Carroll at 28 on £15k a week, good stats yet no-one in World football wants him for free.

Okay this has turned into a fully fledged nightmare for me.

I went to uninstall Football Manager 2012, Steam still recognises it despite all the files having been removed as per the FAQ on here, and wants to download the update. Which can't happen... As per the original bloody problem.

So I go to uninstall Steam and start completely from scratch. Done that, go to install again, that's fine. It then won't finish the update of Steam itself to open. So I'm now stuck without Football Manager and without Steam.

This all happened with the last patch as well. I cannot be expected to go through all of this each time a patch is released. It's an absolute joke.

I am really, really fed up with this. Using Steam to run this game is a massive mistake, and I sincerely hope Sports Interactive take all of the complaints its had on board and decide to ditch it for 2013. If not, I can't see myself buying it. I don't think it's worth the hassle, the time or the money.

My thanks to Neil Brock however for his attempts to help.

Youth Team
    I don't have an ignore list. I am not a little kid!

Is the patch worth it or not? Many people reporting bugs on this one, e.g major flaw if you are a major club you can reject feeder clubs. Oh no!

Amateur

I have no idea what you have done with the latest patch, but you've totally changed something...for the worse.

I currently play Football Manager 2012 with 'Default Player Selection' set to 'attributes', and 'Default Team Selection' set to 'squad', in Preferences > General.

These are the settings I've used since the game was launched with no problem at all. I hear that the latest patch was released today, launch the game, only to find something shocking staring right back at me. You've changed the player positions to portrait, where as before it was landscape. This now looks like it's been squeezed into a space it's clearly not designed for, and the coloured circles which reflect if they are comfortable in playing in the positions, now cover the letters like 'AMC' etc. To say it looks messy would be an understatement, and why it has changed is beyond my knowledge or understanding.

Please can you tell me how to rectify it my end? Or please change it your end. To inform you, I've deleted my Settings files just in case, and it's still the same.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the editor numerous times and I've also tried verifying the cache - every time I load the editor, it comes up with a green background and I can't clearly read any of the menu options.

Anything else I should be trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Blizzard View Post
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the editor numerous times and I've also tried verifying the cache - every time I load the editor, it comes up with a green background and I can't clearly read any of the menu options.

Anything else I should be trying?
    I've had this too, on top of not having the game at all at the moment, and none of the suggested fixes work.

Can someone remind me what I paid over £30 for? Because I'm sat here with no playable game and Steam is not working.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Cox View Post
    I've had this too, on top of not having the game at all at the moment, and none of the suggested fixes work.

Can someone remind me what I paid over £30 for? Because I'm sat here with no playable game and Steam is not working.
    Sorry you're struggling like this.

My best recommendation at this point would be to speak to someone in Customer Services and have them get a better understanding of your machine and talk you through an installation.

You can find a route to contact them here:
    http://www.sega.com/support/

If you drop them a note I'd expect them to respond pretty quick and they'll call you if you request.

Cheers

Matt

Amateur

last patch destroyed the game for me. When I adjust the budget for more wage, I cannot go back to have more transfer funds for a long time. First I was like OK I guess I ll have go with that but later I could not transfer any players or staff members when I maximized my wages. I also had some problems with arraging friendly matches. and I have these problems as well:

Quote Originally Posted by BSX View Post
    2 major problems:

1. No idea why but I can't offer contracts to free staff ?! It's written that I have to wait until a team accepts my offer... WTF ?!
    2. max staff number has decreased radically: being a top team i only have 6 staff members now and can't get more. Also no option to ask for more staff...

So I wanted to go back to the previous patch which was 12.0.4, I believe, but unlike FM 11 when you click start new game, FM12 does not offer you which version of the game you wanna play. I couldn't find a way to choose the previous version of the game or delete the 12.1 version. I uninstalled the game and then re-installed it but I keeps updating the game with 12.1 patch. does anybody know how to get rid of that 12.1?
    Last edited by darren1313; 16-12-2011 at 04:06.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BSX View Post
    2 major problems:

i report the same for some reason only allows 1 coach

Amateur

I am now *OFFICIALLY* pissed off about Football Managers move to the Steam client.

I just tried to open FM2012, but instead I get a message from Steam saying "Game Not Available*
    Upon closing this I get another message with a status bar. It says "Updating ~30minutes remaining"
    After a couple of minutes, this is replaced by a message saying "Steam Network Busy" and my update is PAUSED.
    I am now staring at a game - a SINGLE PLAYER GAME - that I am unable to play due to network issues.

This is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Before Steam, when there was an update available, I could download the update when I felt like it in the background while playing the game. When the download had finished I could then install the update - when I felt like it.

Youth Team

Update all good here. Took less than 2 minutes and completely without any problems. No extraneous issues and skins still work fine. The promotion/relegation colours bars are all fine for me too. Guess I got lucky? ;)

Amateur

I am in the year 2023 in the Croatian first league and the league still has 27 games and a new patch is supposed to fix it.
    I expect a new stadium and I have a very good team for which I have struggled all these years. and how I see the patch only works if
    I start from scratch. I do not wish to do this because I am not to blame for that. that's what your problem is not the entire year have not worked so now saving with patchis.
    why can not do that that it worked in 2023 in the old save game. I paid money for this game and I expect I get what I paid.

Amateur

The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.
    Do you mean if i start a new game with say FC UNITED (after they grt promoted) the game will be harder? If so ill start a new game.

PS: any changes on transfer system? I read the whole changleist but didnt see anything, or i missed it. cant grt teams to buy off me but show heaps of interest, and even for 0 its really hard to get rid of them (even the best players)

Amateur

But an update made a game harder is simply ridiculous.
    What made the game easier or harder should be your skill as manager because ALL THIS TIME SI always said that the AI acts the same towards all teams human and computers.
    This is not PES or FIFA with difficulty level game. It's a sim.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by singtelsux View Post
    But an update made a game harder is simply ridiculous.
    What made the game easier or harder should be your skill as manager because ALL THIS TIME SI always said that the AI acts the same towards all teams human and computers.
    This is not PES or FIFA with difficulty level game. It's a sim.
    True but the game Is a tad easy. A little more challenging wouldnt hurt. Can anyone answer my previous post?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Update all good here. Took less than 2 minutes and completely without any problems. No extraneous issues and skins still work fine. The promotion/relegation colours bars are all fine for me too. Guess I got lucky? ;)
    Lucky X2!
    I had no issues with the update on Steam and the game is functioning just fine!!!
    Now back to my Whitecaps save!!!

Amateur
    I am NOT an amateur. CM93/94 represent...

Very disappointed there aren't any ME changes. I'm sick to the back teeth of my defenders not actually defending!

Amateur

Are there any changes (even minor ones) to how the A.I. approaches team building or transfers? Are they a bit more active or able a little better decisions?

I didn't see any mention in the changelist but I'm hoping I missed something or that there's some changes due to other factors fixed.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by danmegtheman View Post
    i dont know what happened to this game after the update. im from germany using a german languagefile, whichs doesn´t work anymore after the patch.
    even the modified lnc file doesnt work anymore.
    and whats absolutely disappointing that the advanced panels dont work anymore......there are authors which spent thousands of hours to create great league structures which we can´t use anymore, too.

please tell me that all this occurs because of an error caused by the update...otherwise i have to play 11er version.
    could please anybody from Si tell me why this happens ? the whole forum in germany is worried about what happened after the latest patch

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan13L View Post
    Very disappointed there aren't any ME changes. I'm sick to the back teeth of my defenders not actually defending!
    There are some ME changes, including one to change defenders behaviour at goal kicks to reduce the issue of goal kicks being headed back for one-on-ones. It's mentioned earlier in this thread along with a few other changes by PaulC

Amateur

How come the 12.1 database is nowhere to be found? What I mean by that is, when you go to start a new game it says the latest version running is 12.0 and then when you go to choose the database you want, the default one is the only option. YET when I do load a new game it says it's running the 12.1 version at the top of my screen. Can someone explain to me why this is?

I think you need to be looking at big clubs ( Premier League or big Championship ) for it to make a big difference tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by lawstraljan11 View Post
    Do you mean if i start a new game with say FC UNITED (after they grt promoted) the game will be harder? If so ill start a new game.

PS: any changes on transfer system? I read the whole changleist but didnt see anything, or i missed it. cant grt teams to buy off me but show heaps of interest, and even for 0 its really hard to get rid of them (even the best players)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JamsyLFC View Post
    How come the 12.1 database is nowhere to be found? What I mean by that is, when you go to start a new game it says the latest version running is 12.0 and then when you go to choose the database you want, the default one is the only option. YET when I do load a new game it says it's running the 12.1 version at the top of my screen. Can someone explain to me why this is?
    Simply because there is no db updates. So what u see is correct.

Amateur

Have the Welsh attendances been look at and how they grow with reputation?

Amateur
    I am NOT an amateur. CM93/94 represent...

Quote Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
    There are some ME changes, including one to change defenders behaviour at goal kicks to reduce the issue of goal kicks being headed back for one-on-ones. It's mentioned earlier in this thread along with a few other changes by PaulC
    The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery
    - Harder to get header on target under pressure
    - Better AI attacking corner set-up
    - Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction
    - Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third
    - Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,
    Paul
    Hmmm, maybe i spoke too soon.... The defensive positioning of my full backs was what was really frustrating me the most recently! I hope this is better now.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Just been trying this out and it's a lot faster than it was before.
    Thanks Andy.

I might leave the scout reports to build up a bit longer and see how it goes. Been clearing them out monthly (game time).

But I'm also only Scouting players with 3.5 stars or higher - so not generating as many scout reports as before (3 stars and below).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Simply because there is no db updates. So what u see is correct.
    Ahhh o.k. Cheers mate.

Amateur

Can someone from SI not ignore why question about the transfer system? Just answer truthfully and stop leaving us concerned about the topic in the dark. Thanks

Part-Timer

Whats the question?

Amateur

The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery
    - Harder to get header on target under pressure
    - Better AI attacking corner set-up
    - Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction
    - Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third
    - Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,
    Paul
    What have you done to long throws? Before the patch I would get the odd goal from them as I have a fullback with long throws 18 and takes flat bullet like throws but now every one is cleared by the defence leading to a counter attack from the other team. Also 2 major problems with throw ins around the area...... the players always set up the same as they do for a corner which I do not want them to anymore as they keep losing the ball and getting counter attacked but I do not want to change my corner set up, I think it is stupid that players always line up the same for throw ins and free kicks from wide areas using your corner instructions! Also if I have a player who trys long flat throws as a pref move then no matter what I set throw ins to, even if I set them to short he stills hurls it into the box which I do not always want him to do if that tactic is not paying off which it never does now the patch is out.

I haven't touched throw ins.

Youth Team

You have touched header efficiency and some defensive positioning anamolies, so it is possible that a corner tactic that worked fine for all three situations in which it is used (corners, throw-ins and indirect free-kicks) is no longer well-balanced and will need a change.

Amateur

No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.
    Will these changes take affect in the next season, or they will never take affect unless we start a new game?

Don't see any mention of many of the issues we have raised on the Welsh Data Issues thread, are they going to be addressed in the January patch?

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...l)-Data-Issues

Part-Timer

Sorry to hear that, I assume you're running in full screen mode? We're aware of the relegation colours and we're looking into it. Very odd as we've not seen this at all internally - when using a default skin does it show up?
    Yes it happened on full screen mode, i've tried using the default skin and they still wouldn't show up.

Amateur

always annoying that it feels you need to start a new game to get the most of the a new patch - really loving my 1st save moved up ranks and am now Bayern manager

Amateur

You know as well as I do that you do not need to touch something directly for it to be effected in the match engine. Many times tweaks on one thing lead to something else being effected, you are a computer programmer Paul for god sake so you know full well these things can happen so for you to give that very short unhelpfull answer to genuine feedback from someone trying to help you fix problems in your game is a bit disapointing.

Could you maybe comment on why throw ins and wide free kicks use the corner settings to set up player positions and why if I have a guy who takes long flat throws into the box that he does it at every chance and I cannot set any option to stop this other than drop him or have him unlearn the move which I don't want to do as sometimes I like long throws but at the moment something you did in the match engine is rendering long throws useless and I cannot do anything about it unless I change my corner set up which is insane. Or do you not agree?
    Last edited by rich_barnes; 16-12-2011 at 11:52.

Amateur

is there a chance to get the statistics for 12.1 over a holiday period

shots per match / injuries per match and so on.

i think neil posted this in 12.0 and in fm11.

thx
    P

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by oi_oi_ginger_roy View Post
    Will these changes take affect in the next season, or they will never take affect unless we start a new game?
    Would really like to know this as well.

Amateur

Is there coming any official data update before late february/march?

Amateur

Where can we see what version we are running in the preferences?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by danmegtheman View Post
    could please anybody from Si tell me why this happens ? the whole forum in germany is worried about what happened after the latest patch
    Oh please ! Repeating / Trolling juts gets on our nerves. What about a bit of patience.
    Unofficial language files are not under SI´s responsibility and therefore they are not to be blamed for if they are not working.
    Officially German language is NOT supported by the game, so there is no point in waiting for an official answer by SI.
    The makers of the language file will have to find out by themselves obviously.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpey94 View Post
    Click on Game Status instead.

Amateur

We never intended to do much to the ME for any 12.X update. We were quite upfront about it. What changes there are are minimal.
    Although i appreciate SI for their efforts to help people solving thier problems , updating some issues etc.. I can not hide my disappointment for being not intented to update the ME for any 12.X.. The progress is too much slow with the most important aspects of the game like ME and AI improvements.. This situation makes me and me like veteran players unsatisfied most of the time ..
    Last edited by Tinkerman84; 16-12-2011 at 12:50.

Banned

The ME is good at the moment. No need to be improved. So why complain? There are always downsides of "improving" a ME, so be glad they didnt change yet.

Amateur

No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.
    Do the effects of these changes kick in for a new season or do we have to start a new game? Can anyone help

Quote Originally Posted by Pipo2525 View Post
    Do the effects of these changes kick in for a new season or do we have to start a new game? Can anyone help
    For all competition rules/scheduling changes I'm afraid you will need to start a new game. However yes, for everything else you're fine to continue your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpey94 View Post
    You can also see in the preferences, at the top it'll state the version number.

Quote Originally Posted by gsm View Post
    Is there coming any official data update before late february/march?
    There will be no data update until after the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by velvetsky View Post
    always annoying that it feels you need to start a new game to get the most of the a new patch - really loving my 1st save moved up ranks and am now Bayern manager
    I never get that feeling, I've been playing the same game I started in 12.0.0 to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 'Evo' Evans View Post
    Don't see any mention of many of the issues we have raised on the Welsh Data Issues thread, are they going to be addressed in the January patch?

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...l)-Data-Issues
    Yesterday's update did not include a new database, so issues raised there will not have been included in the update.

All data issues, for all nations, will be addressed for the expected winter transfer window update.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rich_barnes View Post
    You know as well as I do that you do not need to touch something directly for it to be effected in the match engine. Many times tweaks on one thing lead to something else being effected, you are a computer programmer Paul for god sake so you know full well these things can happen so for you to give that very short unhelpfull answer to genuine feedback from someone trying to help you fix problems in your game is a bit disapointing.

Could you maybe comment on why throw ins and wide free kicks use the corner settings to set up player positions and why if I have a guy who takes long flat throws into the box that he does it at every chance and I cannot set any option to stop this other than drop him or have him unlearn the move which I don't want to do as sometimes I like long throws but at the moment something you did in the match engine is rendering long throws useless and I cannot do anything about it unless I change my corner set up which is insane. Or do you not agree?
    All he said was he didn't touch them. If you feel there's a bug in the forums - the post it in the Bug Forums and they will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawstraljan11 View Post
    Can someone from SI not ignore why question about the transfer system? Just answer truthfully and stop leaving us concerned about the topic in the dark. Thanks
    There have been tweaks made to the transfer system, but you cannot expect to sell average players with high wages to other clubs, it's just not realistic. Even 'free' players you have to realise come with wages. Also some teams budgets will already be full from 'real life' transfers so don't expect to be able to sell many players in the first couple of transfer windows.

Amateur

is it possible now to score with striker unreal number of goals?
    or is it reduced due to the changes made to moral and defenders positioning?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Stampler View Post
    The ME is good at the moment. No need to be improved. So why complain? There are always downsides of "improving" a ME, so be glad they didnt change yet.
    I think its near the same level as FM 10 or 11.. All i expect form the game is" challenging AI, and beautiful match engine".. I didn't get the felling of " wow this year they made such a giant step further.. " I got that feeling when they introduced 2D engine and then waited so long for the 3D engine, and now again I'm stucked to wait for FM 13 to step further.. All i am saying that they 're making lots off other imprevements which for me they are just a make-up features for casual users, but always delaying the giant steps which is disappointing in my opinion..

Reserves

You cant take giant steps each year tho, it has to be done in stages.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fookison View Post
    Lucky X2!
    I had no issues with the update on Steam and the game is functioning just fine!!!
    Now back to my Whitecaps save!!!
    Clearly, the solution to everybody's problems is to move to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    Yesterday's update did not include a new database, so issues raised there will not have been included in the update.

All data issues, for all nations, will be addressed for the expected winter transfer window update.
    Oh great, thanks for the update

FMH Development Team Jamie King's Avatar

For people who have had issues with the promotion and relegation highlighting issue, there is now a post in the UI Bugs Forum about it where we are trying to gather more information about the exact cause.

Post any informaiton you have in: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291685

Thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    You cant take giant steps each year tho, it has to be done in stages.

If you target the aim of really improving the game itself, i think it is possible to fasten the improvements may be not every year giant steps but larger steps are possible, if your priority is maximasing the revenue, then it is more than possible to maximise these stages 5 years or so..

I am moanig becuase i believe these valuable people at SI capable of doing much better, and i'm pretty sure they and core users understand exactly what i mean..

Reserves

I dont understand what people want, last year we got DLR one of the things asked for the most for about 10 years, and this year we got the ability to add and remove leagues, along with a UI overhaul amongst hundreds of other changes. They are not taking baby steps or standing still, these are the two biggest changes since the 3D ME came into the game!

Amateur

No problems here. played it last night without even knowing there was a download until a steam message came up and said "new download complete". I would say it took less than 2 mins to download. I really wonder sometimes why people have so many issues with downloading new patches, i have never had any, maybe there is a large number of Fm players who are not computer savy.

Amateur

what if i dont want the game to be updated? How can i do it?
    Last edited by Johnnyyen; 16-12-2011 at 13:29.

Amateur
    Bradford - Home of the Capital One Cup Runners Up 2013 & League 2 Playoff Winners 2013

When processing it still shows attendences and salaries with no decimal points not a big issue but thought this may have been sorted??

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyyen View Post
    what if i dont the game to be updated? How can i do it?
    Set your Steam to offline mode and make sure within Steam you've set FM to 'Do Not Automatically Update This Game' - this can be done by right-clicking on FM12 and going to 'Properties' -> 'Updates'.

Amateur

I don’t know how can this be, but when a new patch comes out it causes more problems than it solves (most of the times). The only thing that changes in good is the fact that I now can see how many days are left until the next game (a feature that should have been there in the first place, as it was in the older FMs). I will now list the things that makes the game worst for me:

-in the prematch screen if you want to choose the secondary formation to start match with it doesn’t do so, switching to the primary one. If you erase the primarily one and are left with the secondary, at an approximately 5-10 seconds interval game yields ”making tactic changes” and keeps going until the match is over. It doesn’t matter if you do it prematch or during the match(erasing primary tactic). The only solution to make it stop, that I found, is clicking “tactics” button (when it is not greyed out because of the constant tactic changing) and then clicking “cancel” and ”yes” to “discard all changes”.

-opposition scores a lot of goals from set pieces, especially from the corner cheat (near post distribution, player attacks it and scores). When I try to apply the same corner tactic to balance things out, it doesn’t work. (I could be wrong but it seems that opposition through balls are a lot more effective, resulting in a lot of goals conceded , making my defence look horrible).

-team talks have changed 180 degrees.(Neil Brock said it has very little influence on final result, if so why did you temper with them?).If you can’t find proper balance to a feature, it’s a lot better to make it extremely easy to use than extremely hard to use. You went from an extreme to the other and in the wrong direction .
    Example: started game with Malaga and as experience I chose “professional footballer”. I could barely get a reaction(positive or negative) from a couple of players , no matter what I said in any of the phases of a match.

-you can’t adjust budget when you want to, and wind up severely disadvantaged on the transfer market.
    I also want to know how come when you have a big wage budget the player you are negotiating with asks for a bigger salary and bonuses. If you adjust to have a lower wage budget his demands will decrease. This shouldn’t happen because in real life an agent or player doesn’t know how you manage your finances, it’s not public knowledge.If it where public knowledge there wouldn’t be transfers that have undisclosed fees (in real life).
    Last edited by theowlm; 16-12-2011 at 13:33.

In terms of the match engine, we decided to stick with the 11.3 ME ( plus minor tweaks ) for 12 because the stuff we really want to change wouldnt have been ready and would have detracted from the experience.

Instead we are working behind the scenes on some pretty cool ME stuff for future release. And in the meantime we have a stable ME out there to keep the majority happy.

Amateur

Set your Steam to offline mode and make sure within Steam you've set FM to 'Do Not Automatically Update This Game' - this can be done by right-clicking on FM12 and going to 'Properties' -> 'Updates'.
    I did that when i installed the game and had been playing in offline mode since then. Today i received a news that i had to go online on steam and the update started anyway. I stopped it, wnt to offline mode and now i get a message that says the game is not ready to be played in offline mode.

Quote Originally Posted by theowlm View Post
    I don’t know how can this be, but when a new patch comes out it causes more problems than it solves (most of the times). The only thing that changes in good is the fact that I now can see how many days are left until the next game (a feature that should have been there in the first place, as it was in the older FMs). I will now list the things that makes the game worst for me:

-in the prematch screen if you want to choose the secondary formation to start match with it doesn’t do so, switching to the primary one. If you erase the primarily one and are left with the secondary, at an approximately 5-10 seconds interval game yields ”making tactic changes” and keeps going until the match is over. It doesn’t matter if you do it prematch or during the match(erasing primary tactic). The only solution to make it stop, that I found, is clicking “tactics” button (when it is not greyed out because of the constant tactic changing) and then clicking “cancel” and ”yes” to “discard all changes”.

-opposition scores a lot of goals from set pieces, especially from the corner cheat (near post distribution, player attacks it and scores). When I try to apply the same corner tactic to balance things out, it doesn’t work. (I could be wrong but it seems that opposition through balls are a lot more effective, resulting in a lot of goals conceded , making my defence look horrible).

-team talks have changed 180 degrees.(Neil Brock said it has very little influence on final result, if so why did you temper with them?).If you can’t find proper balance to a feature, it’s a lot better to make it extremely easy to use than extremely hard to use. You went from an extreme to the other and in the wrong direction .
    Example: started game with Malaga and as experience I chose “professional footballer”. I could barely get a reaction(positive or negative) from a couple of players , no matter what I said in any of the phases of a match.

-you can’t adjust budget when you want to, and wind up severely disadvantaged on the transfer market.
    I also want to know how come when you have a big wage budget the player you are negotiating with asks for a bigger salary and bonuses. If you adjust to have a lower wage budget his demands will decrease. This shouldn’t happen because in real life an agent or player doesn’t know how you manage your finances, it’s not public knowledge.If it where public knowledge there wouldn’t be transfers that have undisclosed fees (in real life).
    When you select to change tactics to a secondary tactic, either pre-match or during the game, you need to click the 'make starting tactic' button to enforce the changes.

Work your team on defending set pieces within the 'Match Preparation' - also perhaps tinker with your defensive positioning within the 'set piece' instructions

It will be harder to get reaction from your players when inexperienced. Yes, you may well be a 'professional footballer' but Paul Merson was also a professional footballer - if he came into a dressing room and started being a manager I sure as hell wouldn't listen! Seriously though, you have to build up a level of respect with your players before they'll get behind you - which is a much more realistic scenario than it was previously.

I'm not sure about the wage budget issue, if you think there's a bug there I'd very much suggest logging it in our bugs forum so we can take a look. Thanks.

Semi Pro

In terms of the match engine, we decided to stick with the 11.3 ME ( plus minor tweaks ) for 12 because the stuff we really want to change wouldnt have been ready and would have detracted from the experience.

Instead we are working behind the scenes on some pretty cool ME stuff for future release. And in the meantime we have a stable ME out there to keep the majority happy.
    I have to admit I was very disappointed at the lack of ME update for FM12, that's a reasonable explanation. So long as you know you will be under pressure to produce an exceptional ME for FM 13 if you want to keep my custom. ;)
    In saying that, your list of minor tweaks for this patch touch on almost all my ME grips, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I did that when i installed the game and had been playing in offline mode since then. Today i received a news that i had to go online on steam and the update started anyway. I stopped it, wnt to offline mode and now i get a message that says the game is not ready to be played in offline mode.
    Then I'm afraid you'll have to finish the update as the game was set to automatically install updates when available.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I have to admit I was very disappointed at the lack of ME update for FM12, that's a reasonable explanation. So long as you know you will be under pressure to produce an exceptional ME for FM 13 if you want to keep my custom. ;)
    In saying that, your list of minor tweaks for this patch touch on almost all my ME grips, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    I cant make any promises for 13 but whenever the stuff does see the light of day I think it will take the game forward.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    I dont understand what people want, last year we got DLR one of the things asked for the most for about 10 years, and this year we got the ability to add and remove leagues, along with a UI overhaul amongst hundreds of other changes. They are not taking baby steps or standing still, these are the two biggest changes since the 3D ME came into the game!
    Please don't get angry with me :-) we're just discussing important things about the game improvements.. you confessed something that i want to emphasize.. waitnig almost 10 years for dynamic leauge reputation , or add/remove leagues is way too much.. and i am pretty sure they could do those earlier.. on the other hand i can live without adding or removing leauges and i don't bother GUI improvements so much , but now that i fulfill almost 15 year of playing manager games, i can' live with my midfielder escorting the opponent with a crabwise movement , I do not enjoy beating real madrid without feeling the pressure of facing Mourinho with a turkish club for ex.. i can not enjoy enough when i dominate the world after just 2-3 seasons watching unclever AI.. I don't see any shoulder to shoulder challenges, I can not press enough on opponets half even i have the best pressers and so on.. these are what i call important improvements which i believe can be done in a much more speedy fashion if intented .. however if we are forced to wait 5 years for one big feature , and 10 years for DLR .. It gets hopeless for me ..

Semi Pro

Could you please tell me how this news presented itself.

Cheers
    xxx

Amateur

Then I'm afraid you'll have to finish the update as the game was set to automatically install updates when available.
    I love Steam... it's so easy to use. I can abdicate the power to decide what happens in my pc...

Thanks for the fast answers.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerman84 View Post
    Please don't get angry with me :-) we're just discussing important things about the game improvements.. you confessed something that i want to emphasize.. waitnig almost 10 years for dynamic leauge reputation , or add/remove leagues is way too much.. and i am pretty sure they could do those earlier.. on the other hand i can live without adding or removing leauges and i don't bother GUI improvements so much , but now that i fulfill almost 15 year of playing manager games, i can' live with my midfielder escorting the opponent with a crabwise movement , I do not enjoy beating real madrid without feeling the pressure of facing Mourinho with a turkish club for ex.. i can not enjoy enough when i dominate the world after just 2-3 seasons watching unclever AI.. I don't see any shoulder to shoulder challenges, I can not press enough on opponets half even i have the best pressers and so on.. these are what i call important improvements which i believe can be done in a much more speedy fashion if intented .. however if we are forced to wait 5 years for one big feature , and 10 years for DLR .. It gets hopeless for me ..

I didnt think any of that post was made in anger, or came across as such, if it did i apologise it was not ment in that way.
    You can live without it, for me adding and removing leagues and DLR are two of the biggest features for me, adding leagues espeically, i now never need to start a new game again, i hate playing with the real database only really enjoy FM when its full of regen players. Which is the point here, just because your not overly interested in the features does not mean they are not hugely important to the game and progressing the game. They maybe could have relased them a few years before, but they could have been very bugged, and those two features not working properly would really "break" the game, so getting them right would be vital. Not everyone is desperate for an ME revolution, even if its the only thing you are waiting for in FM.

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

I cant make any promises for 13 but whenever the stuff does see the light of day I think it will take the game forward.
    Hope we get to see this new stuff in FM13!

Quote Originally Posted by Mons View Post
    Hope we get to see this new stuff in FM13!
    You'll see it at some point, but not decided yet when.

Part-Timer

Regarding throw-ins this was already happening before the patch, some throw-ins they just ignore the settings and commit a lot of people forward leaving only two on the back.

It happens both ways anyway, the AI does it as well, don't know if that helps Paul tracking down what could possibly be wrong.

Amateur

I go to the trouble of writing a detailed post about a problem in my game, providing a screenshot as hard evidence (post number 312), and not one reply. Bravo! Please could someone from SI acknowledge my post please. (I say this because it seems that a few people from SI have been on this thread since I posted, writing 16 replies in the process).
    Last edited by FM Priest; 16-12-2011 at 14:26.

I've finally got the game to work having reinstalled - I'm not happy that every time I have to get a patch, I require a full reinstall.

First thing I notice, the graph on my team homepage is wrong. It shows my club as having been relegated the season before I took over. This is not true. It also shows this on competition history.

As with others, I have the green and red problems with the league table.

Amateur

Can we expect major upgrades for the editor in next patches?

Amateur

You'll see it at some point, but not decided yet when.
    milnerpoint, i tried to point out this.. As i understand and feel, even if its done before 13, or 14 they would probably decide to delay that improvement again probably for financial strategies.. I respect the efforts SI make, I respect the people that shares the same views like Milnerpoint.. I am just worried about the deciding part.. I could bet that they would finish it and emloy it to 12 or 13 ... but they would probably intent to implement this to 14 or 15 stuff.. That's breaking my heart , kills the spirit of playing the game.. I even think its much wiser to buy in 3 year periods.. It should't be like that IMO. I wanted to just share my feelings with the comminty..

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FM Priest View Post
    I go to the trouble of writing a detailed post about a problem in my game, providing a screenshot as hard evidence, and not one reply. Bravo! Please could someone from SI acknowledge my post please. (I say this because it seems that a few people from SI have been on this thread since I posted, writing 16 replies in the process).
    Hey FM Priest - sorry, as I'm sure you can appreciate there is a lot going on in this thread! Generally, if you have a bug or issue to report it will be better served in the bugs forums.

But anyways, have you tried deleting your cache (this is different to Settings)? If so and the problem still occurs, please post in the user interface bugs forum and we'll investigate. Thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Warren View Post
    Hey FM Priest - sorry, as I'm sure you can appreciate there is a lot going on in this thread! Generally, if you have a bug or issue to report it will be better served in the bugs forums.

But anyways, have you tried deleting your cache (this is different to Settings)? If so and the problem still occurs, please post in the user interface bugs forum and we'll investigate. Thanks.
    Yes I can appreciate how busy you must be around Christmas, as I'm a designer myself, and have a lot going on, phewww! Sorry if I seemed ubrupt or harsh, that was never my intention. I just found it weird how that image has seemingly flipped to portrait.

I shall give your suggestion a go, and report back my findings, either here or via the interface bugs forum. One thing I'd like to add is that I've added a club crest package and face pack to the game, but I can't see how that would effect the games interface if I'm using the default 'dark skin'. Anyway I shall delete my cache and see what happens.

Amateur

I am in the year 2023 in the Croatian first league and the league still has 27 games and a new patch is supposed to fix it.
    I expect a new stadium and I have a very good team for which I have struggled all these years. and how I see the patch only works if
    I start from scratch. I do not wish to do this because I am not to blame for that. that's what your problem is not the entire year have not worked so now saving with patchis.
    why can not do that that it worked in 2023 in the old save game. I paid money for this game and I expect I get what I paid.
    I WANT ANSWER ON MY QUESTION

Amateur

Please, I really wanna know how to change back to 12.0.4 version.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cartman051 View Post
    I WANT ANSWER ON MY QUESTION
    stop trolling. it wont help posting the same post over and over again.

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by theowlm View Post
    Please, I really wanna know how to change back to 12.0.4 version.
    You can't. Why would you want to?

Amateur

You can't. Why would you want to?

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

All three of those are bug/exploit fixes.

Amateur

What is a fix, the opposition using the corner cheat and you not being able to, or anything you say upsets at least 2 players in your team when using teamtalks?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast