+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    You should still be able to sign players, what you cannot do is fudge your accounts to spend more than you have been budgeted for, at least that is what I think SI are trying to prevent.

As an example if you have a wage budget of £45,000 but are spending £50,000 the board will normally restrict how much you can offer in future contract talks so to get around this in past versions you could move all your transfer budget to your wage budget to remove the wage restriction, then once you've agreed terms with a player move the funds back into your transfer kitty.
    But other ones don't have this problem. They say that nothing has changed

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by crewe_york View Post
    The update crashed steam, and then I was unable to open it again. Now I have uninstalled the game and steam and it's taking a lifetime to reinstall. This a common issue with updating through steam? Might sound stupid but it's the first year I've been using it for FM.
    no its not a common issue.. Always verify cache before re-installing.

saves a lot of headache.,

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burling View Post
    As previously stated it was not there from the beginning you had to edit things to make advanced rules appear, we did something at the start of the year to try and stop people using it, but unforunatly other ways were found, we have taken steps again to stop this being used. It is not supported and we can get many issues arising with people's game from using of these function, that isn't and never was intended to be used the by the public.

So why do not you have fixed the editor? If I go to add new layers to existing leagues, there are problems with the cups of the divisions created: for example if I create the sixth-level Italian with their cups, when I load up on the fifth level, I have a big problem, since the second season, the Serie A teams also take part in the cups of the sixth level, often causing crashes ... with the advanced panel can avoid this problem by avoiding to load the cups if the sixth level is not loaded ... there is this problem since you inserted the new editor ... this is just a bug of the editor and that you support the advanced panel allows us to avoid

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by FMRevolution View Post
    So why do not you have fixed the editor? If I go to add new layers to existing leagues, there are problems with the cups of the divisions created: for example if I create the sixth-level Italian with their cups, when I load up on the fifth level, I have a big problem, since the second season, the Serie A teams also take part in the cups of the sixth level, often causing crashes ... with the advanced panel can avoid this problem by avoiding to load the cups if the sixth level is not loaded ... there is this problem since you inserted the new editor ... this is just a bug of the editor and that you support the advanced panel allows us to avoid
    Make the league from scratch and it fixes all the problems.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paulista View Post
    So I won't be able to sign any player until the deals fall through. That's really stupid. However I asked on an other forum and there people said it wouldn't happen in their saves
    Might be this:-

"- Fixed cases where user can exploit the budget sliders in order to afford wages for a player."

see Finances, Changelist.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    Might be this:-

"- Fixed cases where user can exploit the budget sliders in order to afford wages for a player."

see Finances, Changelist.
    Is there an opportunity to undo this or to undo the whole update?
    Last edited by Paulista; 15-12-2011 at 20:59.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by viiralx View Post
    they are not editing files to change features of the editor that never was intended for the public.

They "just" change the .exe (e.g. Pes series). Not only, they edit .txt, .xml and also hard-coded files.
    There are a lot of mods for games that don't even have an editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    Will they still stay on assignment for an extended period of time when they are scouting a full knowledge nation within a region scouting assignment?

I found that if an English scout was scouting in England as part of a UK & Ireland assignment they would remain in England for a number of months rather than the single day under a single nation assignment. I'm really not sure that the fix people were looking for was an additional line of text saying why a scout can provide a full player list after 1 day.
    I believe they will still be staying out for an extended period of time when scouting a full knowledge nation as part of a regional assignment. This is something that we are aware of and this is under review.

To be fair the fix was more than a line of text in a news item. Previously a scout with 'Full Knowledge' of a nation would return on the same day with a very small number of recommended players. In the 12.1.0 update, scouts with 'Full Knowledge' of nations will now provide a far greater amount of scout reports for players within that specific nation.

If you have concerns or issues with the current scouting system then please log a bug in the bugs forum and I will be happy to take a look.

Cheers,
    Ben

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by viiralx View Post
    Make the league from scratch and it fixes all the problems.
    if make the league from scratch, I can not put all the real rules for the first four levels already in the game

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kenney View Post
    I believe they will still be staying out for an extended period of time when scouting a full knowledge nation as part of a regional assignment. This is something that we are aware of and this is under review.

To be fair the fix was more than a line of text in a news item. Previously a scout with 'Full Knowledge' of a nation would return on the same day with a very small number of recommended players. In the 12.1.0 update, scouts with 'Full Knowledge' of nations will now provide a far greater amount of scout reports for players within that specific nation.

If you have concerns or issues with the current scouting system then please log a bug in the bugs forum and I will be happy to take a look.

Cheers,
    Ben
    I will be honest & say that I missed the reference to changing what is reported, I am currently running a a quick test to see what happens to a scouts knowledge base over time & things do not look good, after 17 months a scout who has not been on any assignments still has 100% knowledge of England.

I was under the impression that the knowledge base would reduce over time, is that assumption incorrect?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Bit of a contradictory post, saying it's a long list of fixes then wondering if you're wasting your time by reporting issues! We always very much appreciate anyone who posts issues on our bugs forums but as you've rightly said we only have so much time. Sometimes what could be perceived as a relatively simple change (say for example the referee shirts clashing) could well be an issue which takes as long as a week for a single coder to fix. It's really not that straight-forward. Ideally yes we'd fix every single bug anyone ever comes across, it's just not feasibly possible to do so. As said, we really do appreciate anyone who takes the time to raise any issue and please if you can, continue to do so. Thanks.
    Thanks Neill - as you rightly guessed my last paragraph was contradictory on purpose lol Yeh they were things I reported, disappointed to see not one of them fixed. But I know they'll be gotten to eventually.

I am clued in on the process works, barely lol. If you have more pressing issues then you'll concentrate on them. If it's low on the priority list then I know it won't get seen to as quick.

I know you guys have a priority list and it's sitting on the desk of the manager to work through. I know other things are more important.

I read through all the fixes, some interesting ones which I would never come across, but others would (like Asia for example)

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Wakeford View Post
    The others aren't my area so I can't comment on them.

The clashes should be resolved, we can't guarantee they will all be there as there's so many thousands of combinations but I've been through every one reported to us with save game uploads and they were all resolved.

The other issue isn't a bug and is more a feature suggestion.

Thanks Glenn, good to know

Lurker

Updated on steam no problem but now it randomly keeps crashing.. never had any problems before. It says it is some sort of application error.. see screenshot.. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...2012crash.jpg/

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by welloso1 View Post
    I have the problem with the colours missing on the league tables. I have verified Cache etc but no joy. I dont have a custom skin, I just have a badge pack installed, which still works fine.

small but really annoying!
    I just played one game, and now the colours are back as per normal on the league table. Confused, man what a rollercoaster of an evening

Amateur

So why do not you have fixed the editor? If I go to add new layers to existing leagues, there are problems with the cups of the divisions created: for example if I create the sixth-level Italian with their cups, when I load up on the fifth level,[B]I have a big problem, since the second season, the Serie A teams also take part in the cups of the sixth level, often causing crashes[/B ... with the advanced panel can avoid this problem by avoiding to load the cups if the sixth level is not loaded ... there is this problem since you inserted the new editor ... this is just a bug of the editor and that you support the advanced panel allows us to avoid

It's a bug present since FM2010 and also present in FM2011.
    I don't know if there is the same bug in FM2012, I didn't try yet, but I think so.

Amateur

if make the league from scratch, I can not put all the real rules for the first four levels already in the game
    In Fm2010 and Fm2011 also happens with leagues maked from scratch.

Amateur

i dont know what happened to this game after the update. im from germany using a german languagefile, whichs doesn´t work anymore after the patch.
    even the modified lnc file doesnt work anymore.
    and whats absolutely disappointing that the advanced panels dont work anymore......there are authors which spent thousands of hours to create great league structures which we can´t use anymore, too.

please tell me that all this occurs because of an error caused by the update...otherwise i have to play 11er version.

Amateur

no its not a common issue.. Always verify cache before re-installing.

saves a lot of headache.,
    How would I go about doing that? Is there a thread somewhere explaining reinstallation on steam?

Amateur

hello i just updated to new release everytime i start a new am getting xml error, anyone know what it is?

Part-Timer

I also have this relegation colour shading not showing up. How do I verify Cache? Does it wipe anything out?

Third Team

Can I ask seriously... is it being looked into the fact that player search goes slow with lots of Scout Reports?

It took me hours to remove all the scout reports, and I constantly have to remove the scout reports I don't want manually.

Amateur

anyone from SI could tell me please
    Quote Originally Posted by danmegtheman View Post
    i dont know what happened to this game after the update. im from germany using a german languagefile, whichs doesn´t work anymore after the patch.
    even the modified lnc file doesnt work anymore.
    and whats absolutely disappointing that the advanced panels dont work anymore......there are authors which spent thousands of hours to create great league structures which we can´t use anymore, too.

please tell me that all this occurs because of an error caused by the update...otherwise i have to play 11er version.

Amateur

I'm sorry but the advanced editor has never been supported and we do not want users editing their games with it, it was never designed or intended for that.
    Sorry, but I think with this stupid fixation of chrash, today you lost a certain number of customers.. my interest in the game has finally gone down. Since you have removed advanced rules, there is any hope you will make at least decent the normal editor? I mean, at least some basic function as:
    Possibility to set a third play off match;
    possibility to set an host nation for a custom competition;
    possibility to remake a customize champions league without lose the dinamic reputation of leagues;
    possibility to take qualified teams from a determined stage of another competition, or at least the winners!;
    until the normal editor will remain at this painful state, I've lost any interest to buy future editions of football manager
    best regards

Semi Pro

How would I go about doing that? Is there a thread somewhere explaining reinstallation on steam?
    It's all here:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

If anyone is having issues with skins or bespoke language packs, it is possibly due to the .xml files pointing at the previous release of FM12.
    It may be something else, but navigate to the .xml file of the affected skin / file, and amend the release version from 12.0.1 to 12.1.0. Worked for me in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ns-not-working

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson View Post
    I also have this relegation colour shading not showing up. How do I verify Cache? Does it wipe anything out?
    Same here (I've tried cverifying my cahce/ deleting the roaming folder) I think lots of people are having the same problem though.. so I assume it's an error with the latest patch.

But if you go onto Steam/Libary/ then right click Football Manager 2012 and click propertires/ then click the 'local files' tab at the top/ then click 'verify the integrity of the game cache'

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Same here (I've tried cverifying my cahce/ deleting the roaming folder) I think lots of people are having the same problem though.. so I assume it's an error with the latest patch.

But if you go onto Steam/Libary/ then right click Football Manager 2012 and click propertires/ then click the 'local files' tab at the top/ then click 'verify the integrity of the game cache'
    Thanks

It doesn't wipe any settings out though does it?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ADent01 View Post

Other skins should have a similar .xml file. Check in the folder an look for "required_version" value and see if changing it to 12.1.0 helps.

It works for Flex12 so i guess it might work for other skins too.
    Yep, worked for Dazs8's skin. Thanks very much!

Third Team

Thanks

It doesn't wipe any settings out though does it?
    No worries.

I'm not sure, I wouldn't have thought so... but don't take my word on that.

If you delete the FM12 roaming folder, that does wipe out the settings though. But I'm not sure about Verifying the cache.

Part-Timer

When it says "Fixed Division X Schedule" does this require a new game to work or when the new season comes it will generate the fixed schedule?

Part-Timer

No worries.

I'm not sure, I wouldn't have thought so... but don't take my word on that.

If you delete the FM12 roaming folder, that does wipe out the settings though. But I'm not sure about Verifying the cache.
    It seems to have just double checked things really, hence 'verify' I suppose. It has added the fake.edt and team holland.ddt file again, so I just deleted those.

Third Team

Would you say its worth downloading the patch ? as i started a save with Spartak the other day and its going well, but am unsure wheter to update incase it messes my save up. thanks

Amateur

a language file has no xml file.
    you should see whats goin on in the german forum...people cant play their game in german language.anyone an idea? couls someone from SI tell me how to solve that issue

Banned

Not a bug as such, just somethign I would ask SI to consider the implementation of.

When you right click on a player there is the 'Scout Report' option.
    I would like to propose this tab be removed for players who dont have scout reports, but only removed from the options when you right click.

Its not a big thing but it can be annoying if you dont know who you have scouted, or if you select that option by mistake

Third Team

It seems to have just double checked things really, hence 'verify' I suppose. It has added the fake.edt and team holland.ddt file again, so I just deleted those.
    Ah ok.

Did you have any joy with the relegation/promotion shade colour after verifying?

Amateur

@lfc7
    It shouldnt mess your save up, in my case though, my players (after Patch) can no longer pass, score, defend or play decent football, my tactic has been totally destroyed with this patch.

Amateur

This is a BIG issue that needs to be addressed quickly: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...tactics-screen.

I can't believe this issue is even in this game and hasn't been touched for at least a year!!!

Semi Pro

Have a read here:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

Quote Originally Posted by Master kool B View Post
    hello i just updated to new release everytime i start a new am getting xml error, anyone know what it is?
    And for you, sir, this should help:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184722

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by chrismarkham1982 View Post
    @lfc7
    It shouldnt mess your save up, in my case though, my players (after Patch) can no longer pass, score, defend or play decent football, my tactic has been totally destroyed with this patch.
    Thanks that's what I meant about messing me tactic up etc. think I will finish the first season in my Spartak save then update

Reserves

when scrolling down the player list to make a sub, the seventh sub is invisible until I release the mouse button from dragging

Some people think I'm Bonkers, I just think I'm free!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    Can I ask seriously... is it being looked into the fact that player search goes slow with lots of Scout Reports?

It took me hours to remove all the scout reports, and I constantly have to remove the scout reports I don't want manually.
    Just been trying this out and it's a lot faster than it was before.

Amateur
    1st Season : Algard, Div 2 - Norway : Champion 18V-5N-3D

Apply new patch. Custom skin need to change version in the xml file to work....no hard to do...

Change that I see : Now in full match, I can see replay of highlights and not only goal like FM11 et early FM12.....thanks SI. I can see also for the first time, offside line during replay !!!! AMAZING....

3D animation of player heading has changing also...more fluid and looks like IRL. Thanks SI.

Youth Team

Disappointed the Welsh attendance bug wasn't on fix list - clubs attracting unrealistically low attendances makes the league pretty unplayable.

Amateur

Am playing as Bradford PA in league 2 in 2017. Noticed the club history graph used to have a 40 year gap, between the 60s and 00's. Now however, graph shows that Bradford PA were in L2 as recently as 01/02.

Right, I've been trying for a few hours now, Steam will not update my game.

Upon opening Steam, it says 'Download starting', despite me repeatedly setting it to 'do not automatically update this game'.

Nothing happens. Downloads reads 'Current Network Usage - 0 bytes download rate, 0 bytes peak rate, 0 bytes downloaded' - the latter is interesting, given at one point when it did work, it told me that I had downloaded about 26 MB.

I pause the update (despite it not actually updating) and then resume it. The game reads 'update paused' still. Still nothing happening in the downloads window.

Sometimes, the game is featured in the downloads section. More often than not, it is not there, and I have no activity at all.

Any suggestions are welcome. Might I suggest Sports Interactive drop Steam in return?

Part-Timer

Ah ok.

Did you have any joy with the relegation/promotion shade colour after verifying?
    No mate

It's not that big of a deal tbh but I have a bit of OCD when it comes to FM so it annoys me lol.

Banned

when looking to biggest transfers screen; when I click on a player and then go back the screen jumps on transfers of last/current month instead of staying on the biggest transfers screen...

Amateur

I'm still missing the play off/ relegation zone shading even after deleting the folder and verifying the game. Annoying as it is it wont stop me playing the game

I know it will never happen but having the option to restore to a previous version/ patch of the game would be nice - I've lost several perfectly good games in the past because updates have

Quote Originally Posted by bassbins View Post
    Updated on steam no problem but now it randomly keeps crashing.. never had any problems before. It says it is some sort of application error.. see screenshot.. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...2012crash.jpg/
    I'd suggest trying this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7228260

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Banned

is there a way to delete all scout reports by some clicks ??

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Cox View Post
    Right, I've been trying for a few hours now, Steam will not update my game.

Upon opening Steam, it says 'Download starting', despite me repeatedly setting it to 'do not automatically update this game'.

Nothing happens. Downloads reads 'Current Network Usage - 0 bytes download rate, 0 bytes peak rate, 0 bytes downloaded' - the latter is interesting, given at one point when it did work, it told me that I had downloaded about 26 MB.

I pause the update (despite it not actually updating) and then resume it. The game reads 'update paused' still. Still nothing happening in the downloads window.

Sometimes, the game is featured in the downloads section. More often than not, it is not there, and I have no activity at all.

Any suggestions are welcome. Might I suggest Sports Interactive drop Steam in return?
    Hi Christopher, so what exactly do you want it to do? Not download the update? If this is stopping you even playing the game I'd suggest verifying the cache (this will most likely download the patch though), details on how to do this here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

In all honesty I don't know why it's tried to update if you don't want it to - are you still able to run the game as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    This is a BIG issue that needs to be addressed quickly: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...tactics-screen.

I can't believe this issue is even in this game and hasn't been touched for at least a year!!!
    Have replied to the thread, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Amateur

Can't see a mention was the Best in Europe achievement fixed?
    PS Hope I can get the new Merry Xmas achievement !

Amateur

Neil, sorry if i ask again. Any Idea why an edited Language File wont load? It brakes allways back to Englisch. Not bad for me, but for the German speaking Community...

Hi Christopher, so what exactly do you want it to do? Not download the update? If this is stopping you even playing the game I'd suggest verifying the cache (this will most likely download the patch though), details on how to do this here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

In all honesty I don't know why it's tried to update if you don't want it to - are you still able to run the game as it is?
    I always play the game in offline mode, but today I went online in order to download the editor. I have always had it on 'do not update automatically', so quite why it's been turned on again, I have no idea. However, upon going online and downloading the editor, it began updating, or at least, saying it was updating.

I've tried verifying the cache, defragmenting, the lot. It's just not happening. As long as it knows there's an update and that I've not downloaded it, it won't allow me to play the game. I HAVE to update now, whether I like it or not, to be able to play the game, but I can't and I don't know why.

I've noticed that if I verify the cache, shut down, reopen Steam, the download appears in the downloads section, but it does not download. If I click 'Play', I am presented with the verifying cache window, and am then told Steam servers are busy.

I always play the game in offline mode, but today I went online in order to download the editor. I have always had it on 'do not update automatically', so quite why it's been turned on again, I have no idea. However, upon going online and downloading the editor, it began updating, or at least, saying it was updating.

I've tried verifying the cache, defragmenting, the lot. It's just not happening. As long as it knows there's an update and that I've not downloaded it, it won't allow me to play the game. I HAVE to update now, whether I like it or not, to be able to play the game, but I can't and I don't know why.

I've noticed that if I verify the cache, shut down, reopen Steam, the download appears in the downloads section, but it does not download. If I click 'Play', I am presented with the verifying cache window, and am then told Steam servers are busy.
    Okay thanks for getting back to me. Have you been able to turn Steam back into 'offline' mode? If you can, does the game run then?

Have you tried verifying the cache as I stated above? It may also be worth restarting your system as that may also help with the reconnection.

Amateur

Probably you already tried, but I had the same problem. Just needed to reboot my computer, disconnect from my wifi, reconnect, then go back into Steam

Amateur

Hi all

Couple of things I have noticed, not sure if anyone has the same: 1. all rounds of games (pl, champs league) are played at the same time, same day (no tv changes), 2. cant confirm selecting my back up tactic during a game

Does anyone else have the same? Have used all patches etc.

Thanks

Si
    Last edited by psymon2011; 15-12-2011 at 23:05.

Amateur

major major issues with the update patch for myself

firstly im managing bristol city 2018 season im in world class rep and can ask for a parent club this has to be a bug considering the only teams with a higher rep than myself is man utd and barcelona.

secondly match engine is appalling now jerky slow and when making subs will show me highlights even though i dont have them on.

next i cannot now ask for a new stadium or expand before this patch i played at 3pm uk time i had those options logged out and then fm updated im now 9 game months further through and still no option.

hall of fame has a bug now where sir alex ferguson shows up in both 1st and 9th place in my hof.

and the other bugs i have noticed so far are im getting players who are playing every game getting "unhappy at not getting first team action". my guys who this involves have played all bar 1 game since this patch.

also the other problem i have noticed is signing younger players all considering contracts and not accepting or rejecting until after deadline transfer or in the case of the team who has the player not accepting 8 months on.

overall this patch has made this game 10 times worse.

Amateur

3rd try:

Can I see the notes on the minor ME tweaks, please?

Okay thanks for getting back to me. Have you been able to turn Steam back into 'offline' mode? If you can, does the game run then?

Have you tried verifying the cache as I stated above? It may also be worth restarting your system as that may also help with the reconnection.
    If I reopen in offline mode, I'm told 'This game is not ready to be played in Offline mode'. It also reads 'update paused' next to the game's icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Seifer View Post
    Probably you already tried, but I had the same problem. Just needed to reboot my computer, disconnect from my wifi, reconnect, then go back into Steam
    Yeah I've tried that, I'll give it another go and see what happens. Back in a bit...!

Quote Originally Posted by dooro23 View Post
    3rd try:

Can I see the notes on the minor ME tweaks, please?
    PaulC's the man for that I'm afraid. But he does like that air of mystery about his match engine!

Amateur

Do I need to start from scratch to fix the Croatian league. I was at the turn of the season 19.6 and started the new season and nothing has improved

Part-Timer

Was playing normally when i alt+tabbed and the game just closed, never happened to me before so hopefully was just a one-time crash.

I also have the problem with the relegation colours not showing, i've tried to check the game integrity but didn't fixed, not a major concern for me though, i'm using the Flex skin by the way.

Third Team

saw no fix to liverpool topping the sponsorship thing for premier league where united should.
    and some players need buffing a bit to fit thier real life standard, sturridge left on a free from chelsea, and is only 2-3 stars accoring to man utd scout, making him lower then oxlade-chamberlin, i thought that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman051 View Post
    Do I need to start from scratch to fix the Croatian league. I was at the turn of the season 19.6 and started the new season and nothing has improved
    Sorry but I'm not sure - had the season fixtures already been made before you updated?

Quote Originally Posted by scott MUFC View Post
    saw no fix to liverpool topping the sponsorship thing for premier league where united should.
    and some players need buffing a bit to fit thier real life standard, sturridge left on a free from chelsea, and is only 2-3 stars accoring to man utd scout, making him lower then oxlade-chamberlin, i thought that would happen.
    There's been no data changes in this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Coentrao View Post
    Was playing normally when i alt+tabbed and the game just closed, never happened to me before so hopefully was just a one-time crash.

I also have the problem with the relegation colours not showing, i've tried to check the game integrity but didn't fixed, not a major concern for me though, i'm using the Flex skin by the way.
    Sorry to hear that, I assume you're running in full screen mode? We're aware of the relegation colours and we're looking into it. Very odd as we've not seen this at all internally - when using a default skin does it show up?

Right, no joy. Backwards step even. Game doesn't appear in the 'downloads' section of Steam and it still can't decide if it's updating or not anyway, giving me the option of pausing the download (despite it not actually downloading) when it says 'update paused'.

Also, despite me changing it back to 'do not automatically update' it tells me it will automatically update the game. Very bored of this now. It looks as if I'll have to reinstall from scratch, which is a massive inconvenience as I have to go out and find an internet connection fast enough to download it.

Again, I bought the game, why can't I be the one to play it when I want to?

Amateur

hello i'd really like some help. the new patch 12.1.0 has installed itself via steam but is there any way i can remove it and play the game on an earlier patch version? im starting a new game and there is a certain feature which has changed and makes the game less fun for me during the first few months of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TimNiceButDim View Post
    hello i'd really like some help. the new patch 12.1.0 has installed itself via steam but is there any way i can remove it and play the game on an earlier patch version? im starting a new game and there is a certain feature which has changed and makes the game less fun for me during the first few months of the season.
    No, once you're patched up you cannot 'go back' I'm afraid.

Amateur

so still no reply or response to my post 258 then? nice to sigames helping other but cant even be bothered to reply to my post

Right, no joy. Backwards step even. Game doesn't appear in the 'downloads' section of Steam and it still can't decide if it's updating or not anyway, giving me the option of pausing the download (despite it not actually downloading) when it says 'update paused'.

Also, despite me changing it back to 'do not automatically update' it tells me it will automatically update the game. Very bored of this now. It looks as if I'll have to reinstall from scratch, which is a massive inconvenience as I have to go out and find an internet connection fast enough to download it.

Again, I bought the game, why can't I be the one to play it when I want to?
    Okay do this first - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184731

I'd try verifying the cache, it may take two or three attempts to do this. Let me know if you have any luck, thanks.

Some people think I'm Bonkers, I just think I'm free!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by TimNiceButDim View Post
    Don't think there is a way of changing that unless you reinstall the game but even then if you go to update it, it will just pick the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhonlyfan1984 View Post
    so still no reply or response to my post 258 then? nice to sigames helping other but cant even be bothered to reply to my post
    Thanks for taking the time to bring up the issues. If you want to help, could you please create individually posts for each issue in the relevant sections of the bugs forum here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...012-Bugs-Forum

If you do this we'll be able to look into the issues and make sure they're logged and potentially fixed.

Amateur

thanks neil i will do that but thats gonna take a while from my post.

The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery
    - Harder to get header on target under pressure
    - Better AI attacking corner set-up
    - Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction
    - Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third
    - Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,
    Paul

Okay do this first - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184731

I'd try verifying the cache, it may take two or three attempts to do this. Let me know if you have any luck, thanks.
    Hi Neil, thanks for the response at such a late hour too, much appreciated.

I'm running the game on Mac, how do I remove settings files on OS X?

Amateur

ok nevermind. thanks for your time

Hi Neil, thanks for the response at such a late hour too, much appreciated.

I'm running the game on Mac, how do I remove settings files on OS X?
    Ah sorry, didn't realise you were on a Mac. Try this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7205202

Amateur

I seem to be having a serious issue here. Before, if I wanted to make changes and go from say 4-4-2 to 4-3-3, I could just click on confirm changes when I'd made the formation change, and it'd change it. Now, for some bizarre reason, it'll happily let me make substitutions, but when it comes to changing players positions, formations etc, it either doesn't give me an option to confirm the changes, or it does, it says it's making the changes, but doesn't make them at all. This is VERY frustrating when you're trying to go for a late equaliser and you find your team not playing attacking football at all, players in their original positions when they should've changed etc. For me this is a serious serious issue.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery
    - Harder to get header on target under pressure
    - Better AI attacking corner set-up
    - Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction
    - Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third
    - Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,
    Paul
    I'm a bit of a maniac when it comes to the theory of game mechanics, rather than discussing over subjective impressions of players regarding the changes. I think others would appreciate those change-lists like in the past, too. On paper the tweaks seem nice, i'll go check the real thing!

Cheers for the info, Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by stevvy View Post
    I seem to be having a serious issue here. Before, if I wanted to make changes and go from say 4-4-2 to 4-3-3, I could just click on confirm changes when I'd made the formation change, and it'd change it. Now, for some bizarre reason, it'll happily let me make substitutions, but when it comes to changing players positions, formations etc, it either doesn't give me an option to confirm the changes, or it does, it says it's making the changes, but doesn't make them at all. This is VERY frustrating when you're trying to go for a late equaliser and you find your team not playing attacking football at all, players in their original positions when they should've changed etc. For me this is a serious serious issue.
    You need to press the 'play' button on the formation to make certain and confirm the team will now play this formation.

Part-Timer

Hi,

Since i install patch 12.1, everytime i change who is controling the match preparation (me or my assman) the "formation" bar on the match preparation panel go back to minimum level.

Anyone notice this?

Amateur

You need to press the 'play' button on the formation to make certain and confirm the team will now play this formation.
    Right, so that didn't work. The only way it worked was me clicking the button to make it my starting formation.

Ah sorry, didn't realise you were on a Mac. Try this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7205202
    Done, still nothing.

If I pause the download then double click on the game, it verifies the cache then tells me the servers are too busy. It's still not appearing in the downloads section.

I know it can work, as I've downloaded the Editor twice tonight.

Part-Timer

I have noticed after the new patch a weird bug. I'm Man Utd and I have the option of a Parent Club. Surely this is a bug?

I have noticed after the new patch a weird bug. I'm Man Utd and I have the option of a Parent Club. Surely this is a bug?
    Yeah we're aware of the issue, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by stevvy View Post
    Right, so that didn't work. The only way it worked was me clicking the button to make it my starting formation.
    Yeah that's the 'play' button I mean, to make it your starting formation (but once the game has already kicked off).

Done, still nothing.

If I pause the download then double click on the game, it verifies the cache then tells me the servers are too busy. It's still not appearing in the downloads section.

I know it can work, as I've downloaded the Editor twice tonight.
    I'll be honest I'm not a Mac expert, please email me at neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll make sure our Mac guy looks at this first thing tomorrow. If you can reinstall without too much effort it may well help with this issue.

Amateur

That's really bizarre, and to be honest quite confusing (compared to the old version where basically you just made the changes and bam, they were implemented). It also means (I'm guessing anyway) then having to change my different 4-3-3 formation back to what I want as my original 4-3-3 formation (if I'm losing with 5mins to go I stick 5 men up front, before that, just a straight 4-3-3, will I now have to change back from the 5 men up front version of 4-3-3 to the original version of 4-3-3 after each game, and make sure that I reclick on 4-4-2 as my starting tactic for the next game?)

Part-Timer

I have found another bug after this patch. I have a player on loan to Dagenham & Redbridge and in his General Happiness, it says 'Hoping to gain first team experience by going on loan' It wasn't like this before the patch.

I'll be honest I'm not a Mac expert, please email me at neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll make sure our Mac guy looks at this first thing tomorrow. If you can reinstall without too much effort it may well help with this issue.
    Okay, I'll try and reinstall, if something goes awry I'll drop you a line.

Cheers.

When you change your 'starting tactic' mid-match, when the match finishes it reverts back to whatever your tactic was at the start of that game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.
    Hi PaulC,
    I would like to know why do you recommend that, were there some changes that influence directly (like a more realistic reputation as ex Sunday League Player)?

Part-Timer

Ah ok.

It's fine now after you play a league match.

Amateur

No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.
    Hi Neil Brock,
    Does the changes happen once a new league starts (mostly the competition rules) or by removing and then adding the league. Or the only way is to start fresh?

The starting world reputation for Sunday league is now 0, so if you start a new game you'll get the full effects of that.

Whereas if you continue a game where you started with Sunday League at a higher number, which may now be higher if you have done ok, it will be a bit easier to motivate your players than if you restart.

Youth Team

- User now gets to pick their feeder club when the board agree to allow the user to pick their own team rather than just pick from suggested clubs.

Can you tell me if the success rate when I do pick my own club has increased from previous versions? Do we need to check club reputation in FMRTE to make sure that the target club is in a proper range compared to our club, because the gap between the lower levels of "National" and "Continental" is so immense that it is not very useful. I suppose over half the clubs in the world have "national" reputation...

Maybe the board could hint a bit as to what kind of club they would think realistic?

Youth Team

am I right in asuming that there was no databas update on this patch?

Quote Originally Posted by FCCK View Post
    Hi Neil Brock,
    Does the changes happen once a new league starts (mostly the competition rules) or by removing and then adding the league. Or the only way is to start fresh?
    In all honesty I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to check for you tomorrow when I'm back in the office I'm afraid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast