+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 1370

Thread: Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

  1. #1
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

    Please keep all your feedback here!

    Changelist can be found at this link - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7405295

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default

    cheers looks good

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2009
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Will the updates apply (in terms of competition scheduling, etc) in a current saved game? Or do I need to restart?

  4. #4

    Default

    how will the "X Hero" fix work? do I need to replay my promotion game or if I just load a post-promotion save it will work? thanks.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th September 2008
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Is there ever going to be a data update?

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th July 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    thanks SI

    don't need to start a new save right?

  7. #7
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

    However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.

  8. #8
    Subs Bench
    Join Date
    25th February 2003
    Location
    Buckfast Abbey
    Posts
    20,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
    Is there ever going to be a data update?
    Common sense would say after the january transfer window

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2007
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I'm getting: 'This game is currently unavailable' when trying to launch and Steam is showing no downloads?

  10. #10
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    We've finally beat Blackburn.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
    Is there ever going to be a data update?
    More than likely.
    After the January transfer market closes, like always.

  11. #11
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Beattie View Post
    I'm getting: 'This game is currently unavailable' when trying to launch and Steam is showing no downloads?
    I'd suggest reading this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7228260

    Let me know how you get on, thanks.

  12. #12
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2011
    Location
    Call me Mark not Marky
    Posts
    7,475

    Default

    Thank you very much for the update!

  13. #13
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    We've finally beat Blackburn.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default

    Just installed the update, but now FM keep's freezing on the startup?

    It's always at the exact same point:



    It's done this 4 times now, I've had to to end the FM process in the task manager.

  14. #14
    Sports Interactive PaulC's Avatar
    Join Date
    24th February 2003
    Location
    The People's Republic of SI
    Posts
    8,868

    Default

    The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th March 2003
    Location
    In Mancini We Trust
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.
    Sounds very promising
    good job to all at SI and Happy xmas

  16. #16
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Bakermush I'd also recommend trying this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7228260

  17. #17
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    We've finally beat Blackburn.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Just installed the update, but now FM keep's freezing on the startup?

    It's always at the exact same point:


    It's done this 4 times now, I've had to to end the FM process in the task manager.
    Nevermind

    I've just closed Steam down and then restarted it, and it's working now.

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Why get rid of the colors showing promotion and relegation zones on the new patch and what is up with the history graph

  19. #19
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    We've finally beat Blackburn.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Bakermush I'd also recommend trying this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7228260
    Thanks for the reply.

    I've sorted it though, I just needed to restart Steam.

  20. #20
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmarsha_926 View Post
    Why get rid of the colors showing promotion and relegation zones on the new patch and what is up with the history graph
    That's not the case here, are you running custom skins? May be worth refreshing your skin cache via the in-game preferences.

  21. #21
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    That's not the case here, are you running custom skins? May be worth refreshing your skin cache via the in-game preferences.

  22. #22
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    11th February 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Merry Christmas to All the SI Staff

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th February 2009
    Posts
    263

    Default

    What about Celtic and Rangers match expenditure? This being more than Man Utd's etc?

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2007
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    I'd suggest reading this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7228260

    Let me know how you get on, thanks.
    Download started as soon as validation finished and is now working. Cheers.

  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th September 2007
    Location
    Blackpool & Ipswich
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris22 View Post
    Merry Christmas to All the SI Staff
    This. Have a good one!

  26. #26
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    As said lmarsha_926, it's not the case here, I'd suggest refreshing your skin cache in the preferences. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

  27. #27
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,729

    Default

    I am delighted to discover that, given that I was in Offline Mode, the patch did not download automatically, and I had to go Online to get it. Although this might read like sarcasm, it's genuine- I do not want the game updating itself without me telling it to, as some have previously reported.

    Happy Christmas to all at SI & Sega.

  28. #28
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlore View Post
    I am delighted to discover that, given that I was in Offline Mode, the patch did not download automatically, and I had to go Online to get it. Although this might read like sarcasm, it's genuine- I do not want the game updating itself without me telling it to, as some have previously reported.

    Happy Christmas to all at SI & Sega.
    Glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Any reason why i cant load my own skin? Only have the optio for the Light & Dark SI options...

  30. #30
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st March 2011
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Adjusted expenditure at B-clubs - How is this one done, and by B team dill it mean second team in Spain?

  31. #31
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th July 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    how can i update this by myself ?

  32. #32
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd June 2009
    Location
    Barreiro, Portugal
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

    However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.
    Neil, just a question about this.
    Will these changes take affect in the next season, or they will never take affect unless we start a new game?

  33. #33
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th September 2007
    Location
    Blackpool & Ipswich
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy20 View Post
    how can i update this by myself ?
    Turn on Steam and put it in online mode, then right click on the game in your Steam library and select properties and then select updates in the new pop up mini window. Should be an option there.

  34. #34
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th September 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    - When the board decide to build a new stadium the game now adds an entry in the board request progress panel.
    Does this really appear? My Malaga board had the Build New Stadium greyed out with the tooltip "Board request is being actioned". I assumed the problem had been solved with the fix quoted above but there are no indications of any new stadium being constructed by my board?

  35. #35
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus View Post
    Does this really appear? My Malaga board had the Build New Stadium greyed out with the tooltip "Board request is being actioned". I assumed the problem had been solved with the fix quoted above but there are no indications of any new stadium being constructed by my board?
    It'll only appear for requests made after this update I'm afraid.

  36. #36
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd September 2009
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Why hasn't the match engine ai been patched? the defenders don't work, they just let attackers run past them.

  37. #37
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th November 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Cant find that they fixed scoring from corners all the time? Was this fixed? Patch seems good though.

  38. #38
    Moderator
    Join Date
    23rd July 2011
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    - When tutoring when asked to change a player’s personality is used the competition news item no longer states little was gained.
    Thank you for fixing this. Does this also mean successfully tutored players won't slightly dislike their tutor ala "gained little"?

  39. #39
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    As said lmarsha_926, it's not the case here, I'd suggest refreshing your skin cache in the preferences. Let me know how you get on, thanks.
    Done that and changed the skin to the light version but still nothing

  40. #40
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th December 2008
    Posts
    61

    Default

    i've just started my update via steam, i probably missed it when i checked the fixed list, but have you fixed that problem where the game pauses when you minimize it from full window?

  41. #41
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmarsha_926 View Post
    Done that and changed the skin to the light version but still nothing
    Try this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184731

  42. #42
    Sports Interactive PaulC's Avatar
    Join Date
    24th February 2003
    Location
    The People's Republic of SI
    Posts
    8,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trotter13 View Post
    Why hasn't the match engine ai been patched? the defenders don't work, they just let attackers run past them.
    We never intended to do much to the ME for any 12.X update. We were quite upfront about it. What changes there are are minimal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zidaneisgod View Post
    Cant find that they fixed scoring from corners all the time? Was this fixed? Patch seems good though.
    We believe corner goals will be shared more equally between human and AI. Play a season then judge.

  43. #43
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th September 2007
    Location
    Blackpool & Ipswich
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolfan View Post
    i've just started my update via steam, i probably missed it when i checked the fixed list, but have you fixed that problem where the game pauses when you minimize it from full window?
    Yes they did, remember reading that.

  44. #44
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th September 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I didn't see it in the list of changes but was the FA Cup 'Big Four Youth/Reserve Team' issue tackled? Because I'm seeing some mixed results over a few tests I did with the FA Cup. Matches set to full detail.

  45. #45
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th November 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    We never intended to do much to the ME for any 12.X update. We were quite upfront about it. What changes there are are minimal.



    We believe corner goals will be shared more equally between human and AI. Play a season then judge.
    Will do. Thanks.

    By the way SI deserve big credit for how much you guys interact with your fans. Certain other game companies (I am thinking about a certain big one) could learn alot from you guys.

  46. #46
    Sports Interactive Stu Coleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th September 2005
    Location
    Currently managing Valladolid
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ljwjones View Post
    Adjusted expenditure at B-clubs - How is this one done, and by B team dill it mean second team in Spain?
    This was primarily to address Spanish B teams losing too much money via daft independent financial manoeuvres.

    Cheers.

  47. #47
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2003
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Thanks for this big patch. Im ready to start my career game now

  48. #48
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    2nd August 2009
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Long list... very hard to read as it's all bunched together - a paragraph return might have helped

    No better ability added to the UI for offering contracts?

    Did the bug of a youth player on the transfer list getting a Champions League medal when he's never played a game for the club get fixed? That is - I had a youth player, never played for my team. And he got allocated one of the medals after I named a 20 man squad (rest were u21) - however, youngsters in my first team didn't get a Medal, but John Doe in u18 on the transfer list did. (For anyone that doesn't know, if you don't name a full squad for Champs League, then the club decide where the extra medals of the left over places, what player gets them.)


    What about the Ref wearing the same colour jersey as the opposition team?


    What about the Captaincy being too easy to change in the Team Meeting with a simple mistake of an extra click?


    What about players getting called up for International duty that are i) Not at a club ii)At a club but played only 26 games in 6 seasons (e.g). FWI, that player was at the same team as a fellow National buddy, and the other player was playing regularly and wasn't called up?


    Reports from old clubs? If I change club and scout a player - I had a former scout who never scouted england and had no knowledge - give me a scout report and then also compared him to my old team?



    What about putting a "Pause" dialog to warn about proceeding to a Match without a Team Talk?


    What about the Scout Reports slowing down the Player Search?



    Signed a player that had no English. Journalists ask if the lack of communication will be a problem. Under my own Languages I'm noted as a native speaker....



    Players getting unhappy with their current manager for not allowing team talks. Where it was I that cancelled talks.


    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    I've reported so many bugs. Am I wasting my time? There's way more than this from me alone? I realise that there's only a certain amount doable in a certain time. I appreciate all the hard work and Merry Christmas. I guess the patches thus far are a lot of hard work.


    Thanks.

  49. #49
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Not clear what you mean by this. This problem (no colours for European places/Playoffs) is an issue in all my skins, including the default ones - and it's really annoying.

  50. #50
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Not clear what you mean by this. This problem (no colours for European places/Playoffs) is an issue in all my skins, including the default ones - and it's really annoying.
    If you delete the settings files as shown in that previous link then the colour settings will revert to default which should resolve this issue. As said this issue is not occurring here.

  51. #51
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...FBE9983548D39/

    Just to let you know what I mean.....

  52. #52
    Third Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    We've finally beat Blackburn.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoarau View Post
    Any reason why i cant load my own skin? Only have the optio for the Light & Dark SI options...
    I'm having the same problem. It's not picking up the custom skins since the update?

    It's picking up all the other graphics etc, just not the skins...

  53. #53
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    If you delete the settings files as shown in that previous link then the colour settings will revert to default which should resolve this issue. As said this issue is not occurring here.
    I'd just like to report the same problem, with the default dark skin- there are no playoff or relegation spots highlighted. I'll try the solution as stated.

  54. #54
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    If you delete the settings files as shown in that previous link then the colour settings will revert to default which should resolve this issue. As said this issue is not occurring here.
    Ah ok - it wasn't linking to the right place before!

  55. #55
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th December 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Long list to read :|

    So,anyone can resume in one word? Corners bug is fixed or no?

  56. #56
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    I've reported so many bugs. Am I wasting my time? There's way more than this from me alone? I realise that there's only a certain amount doable in a certain time. I appreciate all the hard work and Merry Christmas. I guess the patches thus far are a lot of hard work.

    Thanks.
    Bit of a contradictory post, saying it's a long list of fixes then wondering if you're wasting your time by reporting issues! We always very much appreciate anyone who posts issues on our bugs forums but as you've rightly said we only have so much time. Sometimes what could be perceived as a relatively simple change (say for example the referee shirts clashing) could well be an issue which takes as long as a week for a single coder to fix. It's really not that straight-forward. Ideally yes we'd fix every single bug anyone ever comes across, it's just not feasibly possible to do so. As said, we really do appreciate anyone who takes the time to raise any issue and please if you can, continue to do so. Thanks.

  57. #57
    Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post
    What about the Ref wearing the same colour jersey as the opposition team?

    What about putting a "Pause" dialog to warn about proceeding to a Match without a Team Talk?
    The others aren't my area so I can't comment on them.

    The clashes should be resolved, we can't guarantee they will all be there as there's so many thousands of combinations but I've been through every one reported to us with save game uploads and they were all resolved.

    The other issue isn't a bug and is more a feature suggestion.

  58. #58
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,729

    Default

    Deleting the cache did not fix the promotion/relegation colours issue.

  59. #59
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Neil - I have a question which is only partly related to this, although I'm guessing you've tested more than most (or at least have overseen testing), and I know you're on this forum now, so I thought I'd ask - I was just wondering how far the game has been tested this year? It seems to me to be the most playable game for years when you get far into the game (20+ years - I'm currently in 2032) - do you know what the furthest the game has been tested is, and how well it works deeper into the game, both speed-wise and in terms of playability?

  60. #60
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Oh - and deleting the cache didnt fix my promotion/relegation colours issue either. I really do need this fixed!

    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...FBE9983548D39/

  61. #61
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlore View Post
    Deleting the cache did not fix the promotion/relegation colours issue.
    Yes, I can also confirm this. Deleting the settings as suggested above also did not solve it.

  62. #62
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th February 2010
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I have downloaded the patch but its not showing up on FM 12. I have restarted steam and still doesn't work, what do I do?

  63. #63
    Lurker
    Join Date
    15th December 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Would just like to point out if I may that Dejan Lovren still appears to be uncapped at international level for Croatia which is incorrect.

    Also was wondering if Fabio Capello steps down in the game from the England role after Euro 2012 as he has said he would in real life?

    Thanks

  64. #64
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd August 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Thank you very much SI/SEGA !!

    Quick question if somebody can answer, will there be HD skin version released in future updates of FM12 or is this something you are looking to do for next years version ?

  65. #65
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,729

    Default

    To elaborate slightly further, as I am towards the end of a season- it appears that teams who are guaranteed playoffs/relegation are coloured. 1st position is also always coloured.

    It is only positions which have not been confirmed which are not coloured, when they should be.

    In the Championship, nobody is yet confirmed for the playoffs or relegation. The top team, West Ham, are, however green. They are the only highlighted team in the division.

    In League One, with five games to go, Sheffield Utd and Charlton are 1st and 2nd respectively, both guaranteed Playoff spots. They are both coloured, green and yellow, as they should be. The other playoff spots are not coloured, nor are the relegation spots, as nobody is confirmed relegated yet.

    In League Two, both 1st (Sw*ndon) and 2nd (Bristol Rovers) are confirmed automatic promotion, and their colours are both green, as they should be. Again, there is no colouring for relegation, as nobody is yet confirmed down.

    In the Blue Square Premier, where Southport are bottom and confirmed relegated, they are highlighted in red, as they should be.
    Last edited by Lawlore; 15-12-2011 at 17:32. Reason: Elaboration.

  66. #66
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th September 2007
    Location
    Blackpool & Ipswich
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaylumM View Post
    I have downloaded the patch but its not showing up on FM 12. I have restarted steam and still doesn't work, what do I do?
    It wasn't a database update so it will still be 12.0.0 if you chose to start a new game.

  67. #67
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2011
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    125

    Default

    just tried to open editor after the update completed and got this cant do anything now as cant load database or save file that im working on

    now hating this auto update through steam

    everything was working perfectly till now

  68. #68
    FMH Development Team Jamie King's Avatar
    Join Date
    31st October 2009
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlore View Post
    To elaborate slightly further, as I am towards the end of a season- it appears that teams who are guaranteed playoffs/relegation are coloured. 1st position is also always coloured.

    It is only positions which have not been confirmed which are not coloured, when they should be.

    For example, in League One, with five games to go, Sheffield Utd and Charlton are 1st and 2nd respectively, both guaranteed Playoff spots. They are both coloured, green and yellow, as they should be. The other playoff spots are not coloured, nor are the relegation spots, as nobody is confirmed relegated yet.

    In League Two, where both 1st and 2nd are confirmed automatic promotion, the colours are both green, as they should be.

    In the Blue Square Premier, where Southport are bottom and confirmed relegated, they are highlighted in red, as they should be.
    EDIT: Ignore what I said, follow Neil's 3 posts down. If that doesn't work, then let us know.
    Last edited by Jamie King; 15-12-2011 at 17:49.

  69. #69
    Moderator
    Join Date
    28th April 2005
    Location
    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.
    Posts
    27,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedali View Post
    Would just like to point out if I may that Dejan Lovren still appears to be uncapped at international level for Croatia which is incorrect.

    Also was wondering if Fabio Capello steps down in the game from the England role after Euro 2012 as he has said he would in real life?

    Thanks
    First is a data issue so won't be corrected in this patch.

    Second, errr that's not how the game works, he could change his mind and stay on or get sacked tomorrow (in real life) the same applies in the game.

  70. #70
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2007
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Merry Christmas SI and thanks! Some very nice fixes indeed I was expecting.

  71. #71
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Oh - and deleting the cache didnt fix my promotion/relegation colours issue either. I really do need this fixed!

    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...FBE9983548D39/
    That's really unusual - can you try verifying as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

    If that doesn't work let me know. Thanks.

  72. #72
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlore View Post

    In League Two, both 1st (Sw*ndon)
    Wonder who you might support?

    On a serious note - if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know - I find this really irritating - it's amazing how much difference tiny features like this do make to the experience. Things like judging how many points I need to confirm promotion - seems so simple but seeing the colours means I can do it without thinking.

    EDT: Neil - have done this. Is it normal that the game is updating before re-launching? I've already updated it with the patch....
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 15-12-2011 at 17:41.

  73. #73
    Sports Interactive Ben Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st October 2007
    Posts
    17,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedali View Post
    Would just like to point out if I may that Dejan Lovren still appears to be uncapped at international level for Croatia which is incorrect.

    Also was wondering if Fabio Capello steps down in the game from the England role after Euro 2012 as he has said he would in real life?

    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback. In order to rectify these issues a data update would be needed. As Neil mentioned in his post there was no data update included in 12.1.0.

    Cheers,
    Ben

  74. #74
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    I'm actually glad no ME changes were in this patch as it would have messed up the tactic I was using

    So glad to hear the players out injured losing CA has been adjusted as it did seem quite harsh.

    Thanks SI!

  75. #75
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Neil - I have a question which is only partly related to this, although I'm guessing you've tested more than most (or at least have overseen testing), and I know you're on this forum now, so I thought I'd ask - I was just wondering how far the game has been tested this year? It seems to me to be the most playable game for years when you get far into the game (20+ years - I'm currently in 2032) - do you know what the furthest the game has been tested is, and how well it works deeper into the game, both speed-wise and in terms of playability?
    Well in theory as soon as 'real players' disappear from the game it'll be no different in terms of how the game is than in say 2021 than it would 2583. In terms of speed, yes the longer you go on the more memory will be stored so you could expect some slowdown, but as the number of players and non-players in the game should remain relatively consistent it wouldn't be much different. Nothing vastly different would occur, although of course things will change (I've seen current non-league teams in the Champions League for example) but the overall balance and gameplay won't be drastically different.

  76. #76
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    2nd January 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Wahey the match engine finally runs smoothly now.

  77. #77
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st March 2011
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Coleman View Post
    This was primarily to address Spanish B teams losing too much money via daft independent financial manoeuvres.

    Cheers.
    So how is it possible to do this then? Where is the option.

  78. #78
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Well in theory as soon as 'real players' disappear from the game it'll be no different in terms of how the game is than in say 2021 than it would 2583. In terms of speed, yes the longer you go on the more memory will be stored so you could expect some slowdown, but as the number of players and non-players in the game should remain relatively consistent it wouldn't be much different. Nothing vastly different would occur, although of course things will change (I've seen current non-league teams in the Champions League for example) but the overall balance and gameplay won't be drastically different.
    I realise that's the idea (I've been playing CM/FM since 1997!!), but some versions are more playable longer-term than others. This one seems (so far) to be better than most, although its hard to put my finger on why....so just wondered if testing had revealed what it was like even further in (say....2060?!)

    PS Verifying game cache seems to have fixed the problem. Cheers!

  79. #79
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th November 2009
    Posts
    45

    Default

    What about scouts returning after one day when they have full knowledge? Has that been fixed? Can't see it on the list...

  80. #80
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoarau View Post
    Any reason why i cant load my own skin? Only have the optio for the Light & Dark SI options...
    Is it possible anyone can shed any light? Thanks.

  81. #81
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2005
    Location
    Torquay United Researcher
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Hello
    The skins I had downloaded are now not available - I had been using flex12 skin which is still in the corect folder but does not appear in the dop down box under preferences. Any ideas?

  82. #82
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Another minor problem, with the line in the history graph being blue for every team.



    It seems most of the problems relate to graphics and the UI.

  83. #83
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st October 2010
    Location
    FM-Thai.com
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Thank you SI.

  84. #84
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    9th February 2001
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmarsha_926 View Post
    Another minor problem, with the line in the history graph being blue for every team.

    It seems most of the problems relate to graphics and the UI.
    I think this is a feature. There's also a green spot corresponding to each promotion. Nice touch.

  85. #85
    Sports Interactive Neil Brock's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th June 2005
    Location
    Gary Busey's dustbin
    Posts
    49,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmarsha_926 View Post
    Another minor problem, with the line in the history graph being blue for every team.

    It seems most of the problems relate to graphics and the UI.
    Sorry I don't actually see what the problem is with this being blue?

    Edit: With what GreyedOutMan said above.

  86. #86
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th November 2010
    Location
    Southgate, Michigan
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Yay ! Happy holidays everyone

  87. #87
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Just got to say... I Love you SI GAMES.

    Lots of little tweaks here and there

  88. #88
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2007
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Can I ask for the notes on the "very minor tweaks to ME v987"? Thanks!

  89. #89
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    26th November 2008
    Location
    Priestfield
    Posts
    1,729

    Default

    Just finished posting in the Bug Forum with info relating to the Promo/Relegation colours, hopefully it's something that just got borked by accident and can be quickly remedied.

    And it's bad enough to see that team at the top of the division on my save, let alone having to type their name on this forum


    EDIT: Just caught up with the "verifying cache" route- I'll give that a go.
    Last edited by Lawlore; 15-12-2011 at 18:01. Reason: I don't read things.

  90. #90
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd August 2011
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Ok, I verified skin cache and I can play the game, does that mean the patch is downloaded? It's not saying anywhere that it is. It says my most recent download was to 12.0.4 patch?

  91. #91
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd July 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    All seems smooth as silk. <3

  92. #92
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    5th May 2003
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Any plans to increase AI transfer aggression in the post-January patch? There doesn't seem to be anything about it here. I fear the changes required are too wholesale to make it into a patch and we'll have to wait for FM13, but it would be good to have confirmation.

  93. #93
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th March 2003
    Location
    Russia,St-Petersburg
    Posts
    357

    Default

    i don`t have any problems with Promo/Relegation colours

  94. #94
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th September 2010
    Location
    China
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.
    Why is this as Im into a villa game with sunday league rep and if it make the challenge harder will look at doing this.
    In what way does it get harder?

  95. #95
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crafty bison View Post
    Any plans to increase AI transfer aggression in the post-January patch? There doesn't seem to be anything about it here. I fear the changes required are too wholesale to make it into a patch and we'll have to wait for FM13, but it would be good to have confirmation.
    They're certainly aggressive enough for me! Half the Premier League is trying to poach my players at the moment.

  96. #96
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JojoVillaHursty View Post
    Why is this as Im into a villa game with sunday league rep and if it make the challenge harder will look at doing this.
    In what way does it get harder?
    There was a change mentioned in the patch notes concerning the way top players respond to team talks from managers with very low reputation. So I imagine it's become much harder to motivate your players if you're playing as Villa with a Sunday League rep.

  97. #97
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2006
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Small bug - double info on missed pk:

    http://www.dodaj.rs/f/3w/ug/8Y8Pids/capture.png

  98. #98
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th November 2007
    Location
    Smashing The Granny Out Of It
    Posts
    7,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfgrigg View Post
    There was a change mentioned in the patch notes concerning the way top players respond to team talks from managers with very low reputation. So I imagine it's become much harder to motivate your players if you're playing as Villa with a Sunday League rep.
    Yes correct, it dose't mean your going to lose every match now or anything like that but keeping players happy and moral up etc is now harder with sunday league or semi pro rep, at the higher levels obviously

  99. #99
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd September 2009
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    We never intended to do much to the ME for any 12.X update. We were quite upfront about it. What changes there are are minimal.
    why? your just gonna leave it broken?

    you've got to admit the ai is rubbish in FM12 and in FM11.

  100. #100
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th September 2010
    Location
    China
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Hmm could be some fun I guess and a bit more realistic so will give it a go thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts