Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.

• Administrators
I'm getting: 'This game is currently unavailable' when trying to launch and Steam is showing no downloads?

I'd suggest reading this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7228260&viewfull=1#post7228260

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.

Sounds very promising:)

good job to all at SI and Happy xmas :)

Just installed the update, but now FM keep's freezing on the startup?

It's always at the exact same point:

It's done this 4 times now, I've had to to end the FM process in the task manager.

Nevermind

I've just closed Steam down and then restarted it, and it's working now. :thup:

• Administrators
Why get rid of the colors showing promotion and relegation zones on the new patch and what is up with the history graph

That's not the case here, are you running custom skins? May be worth refreshing your skin cache via the in-game preferences.

I am delighted to discover that, given that I was in Offline Mode, the patch did not download automatically, and I had to go Online to get it. Although this might read like sarcasm, it's genuine- I do not want the game updating itself without me telling it to, as some have previously reported.

Happy Christmas to all at SI & Sega.

• Administrators
I am delighted to discover that, given that I was in Offline Mode, the patch did not download automatically, and I had to go Online to get it. Although this might read like sarcasm, it's genuine- I do not want the game updating itself without me telling it to, as some have previously reported.

Happy Christmas to all at SI & Sega.

Glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know :thup:

No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.

Neil, just a question about this.

Will these changes take affect in the next season, or they will never take affect unless we start a new game?

- When the board decide to build a new stadium the game now adds an entry in the board request progress panel.

Does this really appear? My Malaga board had the Build New Stadium greyed out with the tooltip "Board request is being actioned". I assumed the problem had been solved with the fix quoted above but there are no indications of any new stadium being constructed by my board?

• Administrators
Does this really appear? My Malaga board had the Build New Stadium greyed out with the tooltip "Board request is being actioned". I assumed the problem had been solved with the fix quoted above but there are no indications of any new stadium being constructed by my board?

It'll only appear for requests made after this update I'm afraid.

- When tutoring when asked to change a player’s personality is used the competition news item no longer states little was gained.

Thank you for fixing this. Does this also mean successfully tutored players won't slightly dislike their tutor ala "gained little"?

• SI Staff
Why hasn't the match engine ai been patched? the defenders don't work, they just let attackers run past them.

We never intended to do much to the ME for any 12.X update. We were quite upfront about it. What changes there are are minimal.

Cant find that they fixed scoring from corners all the time? Was this fixed? Patch seems good though.

We believe corner goals will be shared more equally between human and AI. Play a season then judge.

We never intended to do much to the ME for any 12.X update. We were quite upfront about it. What changes there are are minimal.

We believe corner goals will be shared more equally between human and AI. Play a season then judge.

Will do. Thanks.

By the way SI deserve big credit for how much you guys interact with your fans. Certain other game companies (I am thinking about a certain big one) could learn alot from you guys.

Adjusted expenditure at B-clubs - How is this one done, and by B team dill it mean second team in Spain?

This was primarily to address Spanish B teams losing too much money via daft independent financial manoeuvres.

Cheers.

Long list... very hard to read as it's all bunched together - a paragraph return might have helped :)

No better ability added to the UI for offering contracts?

Did the bug of a youth player on the transfer list getting a Champions League medal when he's never played a game for the club get fixed? That is - I had a youth player, never played for my team. And he got allocated one of the medals after I named a 20 man squad (rest were u21) - however, youngsters in my first team didn't get a Medal, but John Doe in u18 on the transfer list did. (For anyone that doesn't know, if you don't name a full squad for Champs League, then the club decide where the extra medals of the left over places, what player gets them.)

What about the Ref wearing the same colour jersey as the opposition team?

What about the Captaincy being too easy to change in the Team Meeting with a simple mistake of an extra click?

What about players getting called up for International duty that are i) Not at a club ii)At a club but played only 26 games in 6 seasons (e.g). FWI, that player was at the same team as a fellow National buddy, and the other player was playing regularly and wasn't called up?

Reports from old clubs? If I change club and scout a player - I had a former scout who never scouted england and had no knowledge - give me a scout report and then also compared him to my old team?

What about putting a "Pause" dialog to warn about proceeding to a Match without a Team Talk?

What about the Scout Reports slowing down the Player Search?

Signed a player that had no English. Journalists ask if the lack of communication will be a problem. Under my own Languages I'm noted as a native speaker....

Players getting unhappy with their current manager for not allowing team talks. Where it was I that cancelled talks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've reported so many bugs. Am I wasting my time? There's way more than this from me alone? I realise that there's only a certain amount doable in a certain time. I appreciate all the hard work and Merry Christmas. I guess the patches thus far are a lot of hard work.

Thanks.

• Administrators
Not clear what you mean by this. This problem (no colours for European places/Playoffs) is an issue in all my skins, including the default ones - and it's really annoying.

If you delete the settings files as shown in that previous link then the colour settings will revert to default which should resolve this issue. As said this issue is not occurring here.

Archived