Scouting Knowledge Challenge - All Eyes and Ears

Achieve 100% Scouting Knowledge In Your Game

This challenge is compatable with any other challenge currently running, or any game you are playing for that matter.

The aim is quite simple - aim to achieve as close to 100% scouting knowledge as you can.

For those of you who play by LLM rules you will know the benefits of sending your scouts on scouting missions. For those that don't use your scouts or don't understand the benefits of scouting it is quite easy to explain what additional information they gain for you.

A scouting report on an individual player lets you know whether they are a better or worse player than what you currently have. Additionally the report will sometimes let you know what sort of fee a selling club might want. Most importantly it will let you know whether they would have an interest in joining your club. You can normally receive a scouting report on an individual player by the next day.

Scouting a nation, continent or even a tournament takes a lot longer to complete. the benefits are much greater as you potentially achieve scouting reports for each player in the nation you have scouted. A small nation takes 2-4 weeks to scout and larger nations take much longer!

If you want to take part in this mini challenge then post a screenshot of your main scouting screen. You should place the cursor over the world bar to see the actual % figure. This figure must be in your screenshot.

Additionally you should also post the team you are playing for (including the nation for those more obscure teams), the season you are in and any random scouting knowledge you have obtained. An example of this in my game was when taking Peterborough as a feeder club I received scouting knowledge of Brazil, Bosnia and Siera Leone amongst others

Whilst the aim of the challege is not the be the first to achieve 100% (if it is at all possible) but to just share your experiences of the scouting system within the forum and potentially assist others with how scouting works. Perhaps aim to post a screenshot every time you increase your knowledge by a couple of %.

Achieve 100% Scouting Knowledge In Your Game

This challenge is compatable with any other challenge currently running, or any game you are playing for that matter.

The aim is quite simple - aim to achieve as close to 100% scouting knowledge as you can.

For those of you who play by LLM rules you will know the benefits of sending your scouts on scouting missions. For those that don't use your scouts or don't understand the benefits of scouting it is quite easy to explain what additional information they gain for you.

A scouting report on an individual player lets you know whether they are a better or worse player than what you currently have. Additionally the report will sometimes let you know what sort of fee a selling club might want. Most importantly it will let you know whether they would have an interest in joining your club. You can normally receive a scouting report on an individual player by the next day.

Scouting a nation, continent or even a tournament takes a lot longer to complete. the benefits are much greater as you potentially achieve scouting reports for each player in the nation you have scouted. A small nation takes 2-4 weeks to scout and larger nations take much longer!

If you want to take part in this mini challenge then post a screenshot of your main scouting screen. You should place the cursor over the world bar to see the actual % figure. This figure must be in your screenshot.

Additionally you should also post the team you are playing for (including the nation for those more obscure teams), the season you are in and any random scouting knowledge you have obtained. An example of this in my game was when taking Peterborough as a feeder club I received scouting knowledge of Brazil, Bosnia and Siera Leone amongst others

Whilst the aim of the challege is not the be the first to achieve 100% (if it is at all possible) but to just share your experiences of the scouting system within the forum and potentially assist others with how scouting works. Perhaps aim to post a screenshot every time you increase your knowledge by a couple of %.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

Can't even get my scouting knowledge over 50% as Barcelona icon_frown.gif probably doing something wrong.

The records thread probably has a record in there about this... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spoke with someone on here - i forget who - but they achieved a figure in the 80% area (might have been more) - It was them who told me 100% is not achievable - hence my quest to try!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

Hmm, there isn't. I assume there is a reason for this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea, there was definitely one last year, 96% I think.

Struggling to increase my scouting % at the moment. Still in the CCC (currently in 3rd season). It gets quite difficult as Paul Duffen is accepting most bids for my players.

I need to get into the Prem to get my scouts to be able to travel the world.

Still, 15 % is a good start

Scouting Knowledge

37% and now 43%. That is very impresive. I've just appointed a new scout and he came with 3% knowledge himself. Paid a lot of money for him (ex Rangers)

Additionally I've just made the Premier League with Hull so my scouts can go further. Currently in East Africa icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

i don't understand really how some of you are on low percentages after quite a few years in? i'm in my 2nd season and on 37%.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did you start with though? A higher profile club will have better scouts who will have good knowledge already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by route1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

i don't understand really how some of you are on low percentages after quite a few years in? i'm in my 2nd season and on 37%.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did you start with though? A higher profile club will have better scouts who will have good knowledge already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, clubs in divisions lower than the top league can only scout the continent. Lower clubs (non league) can only scout UK

hmmmm - interesting idea - I currently have have a fair amount of knowlegde thanks to my plans to appoint as many non-english (nationallity but previsouly UK based) staff members as possible (playing Halesowen Town in league 2) - not actually looked at the world percentage figure though - will do tonight icon14.gif

Surely the only way to achieve 100% is to find the option to scout SI Towers.......

100% I believe is near impossible as I think you lose knowledge of an area you haven't scouted for a while.

I think this is a nice touch as you wouldn't expect to send a scout to the Caribbean once and then know everything about their players from then on!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by route1:

100% I believe is near impossible as I think you lose knowledge of an area you haven't scouted for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice touch really but in theory, %100 is possible if you have a staff member from every nation on the world. If someone is capable of doing that (which I'm afraid no one is), I will surely see him as a FM God icon_biggrin.gif

Am now up to 32%.

Shame you cannot give a figure for a single country. If you could do I would say I have now amassed a scouting knowledge of Liberia of 2% ish

Nearly wasn't so.

Went down to the final day on my Hull game. I needed to beat Wigans result to stay up. I didn't, but my draw moved me up above Middlesboro' (in the last 10 minutes of the season) icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of my first season in the Championship with Marine I've managed to get knowledge of 33% of the World (not bad considering I can only scout Europe)

I've got a feeling this is going to be a lot harder than FM2007 (where I managed to get over 90% with Frickley) - I'm stuck with 3 scouts (two english, one Belgian), cannot hire anyone staff, have failed to get more than one feeder club and it looks like scouting knowledge disappears quicker in FM2008 - my scouts lose complete knowledge of countries before they have finished scouting the region, in FM2007 you'd lose full knowledge quickly, but it would take a long time for your entire knowledge of the country to disappear icon_frown.gif

Archived