+ Reply to Thread

Thread: transfer problem

Amateur

Default transfer problem

i have tried to sign messi and ronaldo plus a player that i have in my porto team valued at 36m. but when it goes to complete the sale it says

"FCP have withdrawn thier part exchange offer for (either barca/real's messi/ronaldo.

they o not have enough space in their squad for the transfer to go through."

i counted my players and i only have 21 in total in my first team and 8 in my reserves. but even if barca/real have to many players in their squad i am only trying to do a straight swap.

has anybody esle noticed this? and can it be fixed for the first update?

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi, thanks for bringing this up. It's something we're already aware of but as it's an extremely complicated area of the game we can't promise any immediate developments in this area. One thing we definitely want to look at is changing the wording of the news item as it seems misleading as present.

Amateur

Yes - I've had the same issue playing as Liverpool and trying to swap Downing plus GBP 2 million for an Arsenal player.

Obviously doesn't make sense given it's a 1 for 1.

Tried demoting some first team players to reserves to make room but same problem.

Amateur

I updated to 3.1 and tried this transfer again and it worked. So looks like the problem may be fixed.

Thanks guys!

Amateur

Sorry to bring bad news, but i have just encountered this exact same bug in my FM 12 handheld game.

For the last nine years or so I have taken Basingstoke to the top of the Premier League and European Champions. However, after Roberto Mancini was sacked at Man Utd, the lure of my boyhood dream club was too much to resist. A retired Fergie would have been turning in his grave to see them so far down the league. So i left the Prem/European Champions to restore the dynasty at Old Trafford.

Safe to say Mancini left a mess and i'm quickly going about improving the squad. I've just sold 3 players and wanted to invest in this striker but i keep being met with the same 'they do not have enough space in their squad for the transfer to go through' message. It is a part exchance so its one player out one player in, but equally i have just sold three players from my existing squad so there must be room!

Help.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
    Sorry to bring bad news, but i have just encountered this exact same bug in my FM 12 handheld game.

For the last nine years or so I have taken Basingstoke to the top of the Premier League and European Champions. However, after Roberto Mancini was sacked at Man Utd, the lure of my boyhood dream club was too much to resist. A retired Fergie would have been turning in his grave to see them so far down the league. So i left the Prem/European Champions to restore the dynasty at Old Trafford.

Safe to say Mancini left a mess and i'm quickly going about improving the squad. I've just sold 3 players and wanted to invest in this striker but i keep being met with the same 'they do not have enough space in their squad for the transfer to go through' message. It is a part exchance so its one player out one player in, but equally i have just sold three players from my existing squad so there must be room!

Help.
    Hi - can you check the size of Roma's squad? As mentioned this news item does sometimes refer to the wrong club having a full squad.

Amateur

Thanks for the reply.

They have 36. What's the maximum squad number?

But surely if its one out for them and then one in, the count remains the same? It's not increasing their squad as such.

I seem to be able to sign free players, so it can't really be my squad size as you suggest. Plus i have let players go.

Sports Interactive Aaron Armstrong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

They have 36. What's the maximum squad number?

But surely if its one out for them and then one in, the count remains the same? It's not increasing their squad as such.

I seem to be able to sign free players, so it can't really be my squad size as you suggest. Plus i have let players go.
    36 is the maximum - and this is what's causing your issue. It's something we are aware of but as Alari said above, it's a very complicated area of the game so we can't promise a quick fix for it.

Amateur

Oh well, the positive is that at least i know its not my squad. Down to bare bones now!

In a way i am glad I brought it up so that is stays on the agenda for a possible fix. Keep at it.

Great game, and the work you guys do is great.

+ Reply to Thread