+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [iPhone] - Big Club Release Clause Bug

Amateur

Default [iPhone] - Big Club Release Clause Bug

Thought I would mention that there is bug with the big club release clause.

A few clubs targeted some of my wonder players recently and due to the clause I was forced to go through the process. However at the end of discussions I was asked to confirm the transfer. Obviously I clicked 'No' (no way I wanted to loose my core squad) at which point the transfer was cancelled (did this for all 3 players targeted). I then proceeded to offer my players new contracts without the clause.

Pretty sure this wasnt the case in 2011, so might need looking at.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi, thanks for bringing this up. Can you let me know who the players in question were (assuming you're still early enough in the game to have real players), who you were and who the buying clubs were? The examples I've tried here so far have worked correctly.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    Hi, thanks for bringing this up. Can you let me know who the players in question were (assuming you're still early enough in the game to have real players), who you were and who the buying clubs were? The examples I've tried here so far have worked correctly.
    I am in my 5th season so it was a regen, I am Harrogate Town currently in League 1, buying team was Middlesborough in EPL

Player value was 11k, he was on £450 a week wage and Middlesborough tabled an offer for 250k

Second player was also a regen, 18 yr old Argentinian Goalkeeper, value was 9k, wage of £150 a week, offer was from Arsenal for 650k

We still haven't been able to reproduce this here, don't suppose you have a save game that shows this behaviour?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    We still haven't been able to reproduce this here, don't suppose you have a save game that shows this behaviour?
    I think I have figured it out, if you offer a contract as soon as the offer for the player activates the clause (removing the clause in the new contract), as long as the player accepts (which is usually the case) you get the transfer confirmation pop up.

Amateur

Effectively, a club makes an offer triggering the clause in his contract. Your response is to offer him a new contract without a big club release clause which he signs. Therefore you receive a confirmation message as the player is no longer subject to a big club release clause giving you the option to now cancel the transfer. This chain of events is fully intended allowing you to renegotiate a new deal with your players and stop better clubs poaching them from you.

Amateur

I noticed an issue in the game.

1. A big club triggers the clause and the bid is automatically accepted for Player X
    2. I immediately offer Player X an improved contract, removing this clause.
    3. He accepts this happily. All is fine, I prepare to cancel the deal.
    4. However, the clause is still temporarily in place from the original deal and the deal is automatically accepted.

Is this a bug, or is it meant to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by wbarn View Post
    I noticed an issue in the game.

1. A big club triggers the clause and the bid is automatically accepted for Player X
    2. I immediately offer Player X an improved contract, removing this clause.
    3. He accepts this happily. All is fine, I prepare to cancel the deal.
    4. However, the clause is still temporarily in place from the original deal and the deal is automatically accepted.

Is this a bug, or is it meant to happen?
    If the new contract is signed before the player agrees terms with the bidding club, it should be possible to cancel the transfer when the time comes to confirm it.

The clause would however remain in place until the new contract is signed.

Is any of what you've experienced different from this? If so we'd want to look into it.
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 19-12-2011 at 14:31.

+ Reply to Thread