Playing through Steam on another computer

Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find the information on the FAQ's.

I know I can can install Steam on another computer, log-in and play FM. But can I continue my saved game from my first computer?

I ask as I'm going back to my mum n dad's for Christmas and don't plan on taking my laptop.

Thanks

Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find the information on the FAQ's.

I know I can can install Steam on another computer, log-in and play FM. But can I continue my saved game from my first computer?

I ask as I'm going back to my mum n dad's for Christmas and don't plan on taking my laptop.

Thanks

You'll need to download and install Steam on the computer at your parents.

Then you'll need to install FM - Either from a disk or from downloading from Steam.

Your save game you'll also need to take with you via say a USB stick or you could use something like dropbox.

As has been mentioned above, if you've already got Steam and FM installed you won't need to take your disc with you (if you didn't buy off Steam) as Steam will have it already for you to download.

I use Dropbox but it can be a little slow and avoid disappointment use USB stick as it's quicker.

If you download graphics etc put them onto the stick as well if it's big enough unless you're not bothered.

I did the same when my family and I went to stay at my parents for a week a few months ago, I took my laptop and continued my game there and just transferred it to main pc when home.

Archived