+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [FMHiOS 2012] Manual Glitch

Amateur

Default [FMHiOS 2012] Manual Glitch

While browsing the in-game manual, I experienced a glitch where the title of the page i'm viewing becomes the same as the name displayed on the "go back" buttton. Usually the button displays the title of the preious page, but on many occassions the glitch occurs and i'm stuck at this blank page with "Manual" as the title and as the "back" button. And when I try to go back, the Manual menu flashes past the screen and I end up in another blank page with "XXX" as the title and on the "Back" button, where XXX is the title of the page i last viewed before the glitch occurred. From then on if you keep pressing the back button the process repeats and cycles through the Manual and XXX pages. Thus I can't view any part of the manual except the blank pages anymore. I have to close (not minimise) the app and run it again to solve the problem.

It may sound a bit confusing here, but if any one could teach me how to upload pictures (preferably directly from the iPhone) to this post I would be glad to illustrate this bug better
    Last edited by Azbycx; 09-12-2011 at 10:33.

Hi there,

There have been improvements to this from last year's manual, believe it or not! It performs best on iOS 5. Sadly the only work around is what you have already been doing, rebooting the app. Otherwise, having patience and using the manual slowly is a sensible approach to avoid it encountering the glitch you describe.

Could you let me know which device you are using and which software "version" you have? This can be found in Settings -> General -> About.

Amateur

I'm using an iPhone 4, version 4.3.3. I noticed that if i don't press things too fast the glitch won't occur. So I can still safely browse the manual. I guess pressing too fast has something to do with it.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azbycx View Post
    I'm using an iPhone 4, version 4.3.3. I noticed that if i don't press things too fast the glitch won't occur. So I can still safely browse the manual. I guess pressing too fast has something to do with it.
    Yep, this is the best advice we can give at the moment, it certainly has a far higher chance of happening when navigating very fast.

We're looking into the issue and we'll let you know if there's any further developments.

Amateur

Haha no rush, it's not a big issue if it can be avoided easily Great job on the new version!

+ Reply to Thread