FMHi 2012 Feature Requests & Suggestions

I didn't see one, so I made a thread for suggestions and such.

Mods feel free to move/remove this if I overlooked anything!!!

The only rule I would have for posts in this thread would be that everyone refrains from being a tool and slamming SI or the game or anyone else for anything.

So my issue is with training is that we don't have much control over it and it's really confusing! Also we don't get to see progress, it would be nice to see some sort of progress reports for our players.

Here is how it works (to my knowledge, feel free to point out where I am wrong because surely I am wrong somewhere).

Currently there are 6 categories you can train a player.

1) Fitness - Pace, Stamina, Strength

2) Tactics - Decisions, Teamwork

3) Attacking - Creativity, Movement, Shooting, Passing, Technique, Dribbling, Crossing

4) Goalkeeping - All GK stats

5) Defensive - Heading, Tackling, Positioning

6) Motivational - Leadership, Moral?

Currently there are 6 training schedules.

1) Goalkeeper

2) Defending

3) Attacking

4) Fitness

5) Technical

6) General

Here is what I'm proposing:

New Training Categories:

*Note that Decisions, Aggression & Leadership wouldn't be trainable and would progress on their own.

1) Goalkeeping - leave as is

2) Strength - Strength, Heading

3) Aerobic - Pace, Stamina

4) Tactics - Positioning, Movement

5) Chemistry - Teamwork, Creativity

6) Technique - Technique, Passing, Dribbling

7) Shooting - Shooting

8) Tackling - Tackling

9) Crossing - Crossing

Or you could just let us manage each one individually when we are editing/creating a training schedule.

New Training Schedules:

1) Goalkeeper

2) General

3) Defender - Defending

4) Defender - Attacking

6) Midfield - Defending

7) Midfield - Attacking

8) Forward - Creator

9) Forward - Finisher

Or you could just give us the ability to create and name our own training schedules...or you could create one training schedule for each player role (Advanced Forward, Box 2 Box, Ball Playing Defender, etc).

The only thing that matters is that we get more control & visibility in regards to training.

Another idea, that's more of a dream rather than a realistic idea at the moment, would be to provide us with a website that can query the latest database to reveal all hidden attributes for players. Editing isn't really what I'm talking about, just a site where we can view info on the latest database that ships with the game. Note this wouldn't help us with regens, but would be cool to have handy!

Another idea, that's more of a dream rather than a realistic idea at the moment, would be to provide us with a website that can query the latest database to reveal all hidden attributes for players. Editing isn't really what I'm talking about, just a site where we can view info on the latest database that ships with the game. Note this wouldn't help us with regens, but would be cool to have handy!

I don't know if it helps, but basically the database is the same as FM2012 for PC/Mac. So if you own it, you can check it out.

On the talk of training, Intensive Training should be toned down, or make injuries/unhappiness even more prone as at the moment it is too overpowered. I am willing to let 4 to 5 players constantly be on the injury list if it allows 20 of my players to have their stats boosted ridiculously high.

• SI Staff
On the talk of training, Intensive Training should be toned down, or make injuries/unhappiness even more prone as at the moment it is too overpowered. I am willing to let 4 to 5 players constantly be on the injury list if it allows 20 of my players to have their stats boosted ridiculously high.

Word of warning - if you abuse players badly then they may become injury prone and continually break down .... you are the manager however and its obviously up to you ....

Firstly, I'd like to say this is my first post here! I used to post a lot on other FM sites, but never got the game last year because of studies, and thought I'd get the iPad version this time round. (Final year of University, so didn't want to get hooked on the PC version!)

Played on the iPad version quite a bit and I love it!!! Recommended it to everyone I know with an iPad. I'm really impressed!

Just a few really minor things I'd like to see:

Ability to assign players squad numbers before the beginning of the season

Watch the cup draws - one of the most exciting parts of the PC versions!

During a match it would be good if you could custom formations by moving players around rather than having to select a pre-selected formation.

Really can't think of anything else, I love it!

• SI Staff
Ability to assign players squad numbers before the beginning of the season

At present I'm not wholly convinced by this as it might be a bit fiddly and time consuming to implement on a touch screen - I'm open to persuasion though and will listen intently to what people say.

Watch the cup draws - one of the most exciting parts of the PC versions!

A few people have mentioned this - might sneak in at some point, not sure entirely when though yet.

During a match it would be good if you could custom formations by moving players around rather than having to select a pre-selected formation.

This is something we're hoping we'll be able to implement during the update support cycle - watch this space (it won't be in the first update though as that has literally just gone into submission with apple already in the hope that we'll get it out before xmas for you chaps).

At present I'm not wholly convinced by this as it might be a bit fiddly and time consuming to implement on a touch screen - I'm open to persuasion though and will listen intently to what people say.

A few people have mentioned this - might sneak in at some point, not sure entirely when though yet.

This is something we're hoping we'll be able to implement during the update support cycle - watch this space (it won't be in the first update though as that has literally just gone into submission with apple already in the hope that we'll get it out before xmas for you chaps).

Thanks for the feedback. I hope you don't mind me posting any other features as I continue to play!

• SI Staff
Thanks for the feedback. I hope you don't mind me posting any other features as I continue to play!

No it'd be fantastic if you could actually - I value feedback from people very highly, its incredibly useful in guiding where the game will head in the future ...

I'd like to see more manager history, previous clubs and final positions, mom awards, moy awards, maybe knighted as an unlock able when you have a similar record to Sir Alex. You could then start a new game as a "sir" and this enables more players interested in playing for you....

Just something to thing abart.

At the moment, when you see a domestic league table, I'd like the option to scroll/swipe to the next division in the same way it works with group tables in competitions, without having to click back and click on the next league.

This. Same for team screens and players.

Hi mark I think there are some really good improvements to FMHi 12 but I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of a home screen similar to the psp version,the iPad has a huge amount of screen space wasted,is it possible also to show more stats on players like free kick etc... I understand the thinking on the tiled icons for iPhone but iPad has a much bigger screen,please could u look into things like this for future updates would make the game much more of a pleasure to play IMO

I want to suggest updates on players on loan, from your own club.

For example I loaned out Ryo Miyaichi and Alex Ox-Chamberlain from Arsenal to Derby and Cardiff respectively, and went to check their progress. I have to do this manually and it's not very convenient. Perhaps their progress could be monitored? Such as when they score a goal or make an assist, or selected to play an important match (cup final, vs big 4 in EPL, etc.) :D

Hi marc, Is it possible to make your assistant take players from your first team if they ain't playing much to keep there match fitness?

Also if you were to add live cup draws could you make it so you can disable it in the preferences. One of the reasons I buy this version of the game is for the quickness of it and ease of playing on the move.

1. It would be nice to have an "Advance to next game" option when not in the middle of a transfer window. One of the great things about FMH is you can get through a season at a reasonable pace without having to go into hibernation for days. (Looks at pc version) I think it would be even better if you didnt have to tap next 20 times to scroll to the next game. If a player got hurt in training, I would see it when at the team selection page, and then I could go back to the inbox area to see how he was injured and for how long. Otherwise, it would make things a bit faster during the season, especially when you are a top side, playing every mid week as well. It doesnt have to be an auto feature, but perhaps an option at anytime you want. I may want to read the news before a Champions League clash, but not for a 4th round league cup match. I think this would be the single best feature FMH could implement, because lets face it, FM is about two things, transfers and tactics, and any substantial time not devoted to the two is a bit wasteful. (Aside from perhaps the initial traning setup)

2. I think training is great as is, because of its relative simplicity. What would be cool on the Performance Review page is a very simple + or - number next to an attribute for a player, so that you could see how a player has progressed since the game or training regimen started. For example, it would be nice to know that a training schedule has resulted in a +2 Shooting and -1 Tackling since starting on that particular training regimen. Sometimes its hard to know just how much someone is progressing, unless you memorize a players base attributes. (Which happens by the end of the game life cycle!)

3. I may be in the minority, but I dont like the 4th color next to attributes. I dont know if its just not liking the color scheme, but red, blue and green was simple and to the point.

All in all, the game is fantastic and needs to be left alone imo. The worst thing the devs could do is load it down with more pointless button taps. The PC game is where all the bloated feautres should be implemented, but Handheld should be quick, easy, accessible fun. (Which it is) Im pleased the devs seem to agree, I just hope they dont feel compelled to try to please everyone, and end up adding more features than a game like this should have. As long as they keep the easier transfer mechanic in place and focus on tactics, the rest imo is about minimizing as many button taps as possible. Less pointless tweaking and news, more transfers, tactics and training.

3 suggestions from me:

1. Make an 'Advance to the next day' button, alongside the current 'Continue' button which moves you through the days until you tap the screen to stop it, or some other events occur. This makes people like me who want to move day by day have an easier time doing that. Or maybe give us an option to configure how the 'Continue' button works.

2. Provide more customisation flexibility for Search Player function, such as being able to type in our own age range we want to search for, and maybe add in other categories like nationality or region, and ability to search by stat levels. This will makes manual scouting much easier. Currently i'm trying to look for a good center back, and the tightest reasonable search option leaves me with 109 pages to browse through :/

3. Something similar to number 2, allowing us to type in our own numerical values for things like transfer fees and players wages during a transfer or contract negotiation. This is easier than having to repeatedly press the arrows to lower or raise the value greatly.

^ Hmm to be even more realistic, when a stadium is under construction for upgrading I don't think you can use it for matches right? Then your team has to play elsewhere on a more unfamiliar ground with less or no home ground advantage...

I would also like to suggest more stadium implentation such as facilities to imrpove.

Although one suggestion that I have that would make me really happy if implemented, is that if the commentary is changed! As of now, the text is similar if not the same as FM11, and to have a change would make me a lot more interested. Simple changes to the text can make a very big difference in the long run.

About squad numbers: I'm not too crazy about it, but it can be done in a neat way. Just limit the amount of times it can be done by once a season for your current players, and once after signing a new player. So every time you sign a player, you get a news message asking to choose his number. There's a drop-down menu with the available numbers. And in the beginning of the season you get a message asking if you would like to change your squad's number.

Would that work, Marc?

* Team player numbers - make sure there's an automatic numbering option if you're going to do it. It's a chore.

* Live cup draws - yes please.

* More info on the team/city please, for when you take over, visit clubs etc. Even if you don't do it for the home league, I really think you could make the European games much more special by having little travelogues on the places your team goes.

*Link the tactics screen to the First Team Squad page. This is essentially my home page for the game, where i can change people and formations around because of injury or upcoming matches. To then have to come out of this view, go to Tactics and select Team Tactics is messy.

* Much better historical records for managers. Currently, not anywhere near good enough.

* And finally, transfer deadline day. Other clubs seem to be able to get transfers sorted out on the final day with ease. You can only do it if you make an offer early and it gets accepted. How about a much more detailed transfer deadline day, broken down into hour-by-hour so there is plenty of time to do lots of deals. If the player doesn't want to spend all day on the phone, just have a progress button to take you out of it.

*Link the tactics screen to the First Team Squad page. This is essentially my home page for the game, where i can change people and formations around because of injury or upcoming matches. To then have to come out of this view, go to Tactics and select Team Tactics is messy.

this * 100

actually it would be nice if we could adjust a players training from his player menu (when you click a player's name and press "action")

Please,please make a "do you really Want to Overwrite this file" -Pop-up if you Want to Save. I already Overwrited my Save file :(

Yeah this, because how it is now can be done too quickly and carelessly.

Squad Numbers! Get them in, like rafafloripa said. Info column for injuries, suspensions etc. Not just a '!' mark.

Advance to next day button? nah what's point, when you can just holiday it to next day, same goes for next match.

On Transfer Deadline day maybe add a countdown like On FIFA12 to add more excitement to it as now it just feels boring.

Is it possible, that when you're searching for players to have the option to search for a certain players style. ie If I'm looking for a CM who's an Advanced Playmaker and not a Deep Lying Mid, etc..

the ideal way would be to filter by attributes....which means you need to figure out what makes a player a AP over a DLM (although they are quite similar).

First post! Just got the game :)

I'd love to be able to sync the saved games via icloud/dropbox/gamecenter to different devices...

I have it on the iPad & iPhone so it would be great to pick it up where i left off on another device... perhaps a tick box to choose this option so the user can choose whether to use up space with the game or not..!

Ok, just started developing some new tactics, and find it quite annoying that I have to save them before quitting a game. To make matters worst, we have only 4 save slots available. So please, even if it's difficult to fix the issue about having to save the tactic before quitting, at least give us more save slots.

suggestion to SI: have a look at FIFA 12 HD on an iPad and see yourself how extended and still fast a game on this device can be.

Even FIFA has more management than FMH... Very disappointed to be honest !

Having so much fun with FMHi 2012 that I have a difficult time thinking of ways it could be improved. I suppose I would really like to be able to look at more aspects of my managerial history, especially once my career is winding down and retirement (*shudder*) looms.

What it really needs are more obscure, less-attractive leagues for me to punish myself in, but I imagine that's probably already been brought up. I can dream of managing in Indonesia on the go, can't I? :D

suggestion to SI: have a look at FIFA 12 HD on an iPad and see yourself how extended and still fast a game on this device can be.

Even FIFA has more management than FMH... Very disappointed to be honest !

FIFA has the graphics but not the database.

Can we have a view of the game like in the PC version, not the whole game, just from a selection of:

- Near misses

- Shots on target

- Goals

- Freekicks

- Penalties

- Corners

- Cards - tackles that result in these or fouls

And it'd be good if we could choose which to display, personally i would only have Goals, freekicks, penalties, shots on target and corners

Maybe in FMHi 2012

Thanks for a great game. I hope SI wont add to much details as the whole idea with the game should be that you easily can get right into the game when you got 15 min spare time on the sub. If anything should be added I'll put my vote on squad numbers and captains.

What I do want SI to look at is to other issues that affects the game experience big time.

To start with it's very annoying to, while managing Truro City in the conference south, lose Barry Hayles to a Jamaican international friendly against Denmark. These unrealistic international call ups has been a issue since CM2 and they're pretty much still evident in both FMH and FM (as long as you run a game on a small database with only a league or two running). It would be a lot more realistic if you could add a individual "lowest required" CA for every U19, U21 and national team in FM. This way a Jamaican with a CA of 50-60 (not 100% sure of Hayles CA) wouldn't be added to the Jamaican national squad. The national team should prefer "made up" players instead off calling on of very few Jamaicans in the saved game. This applies to all national teams except maybe the top 10 national teams in the world.

Another issue that SI should put more attention to is the FMH-database. This issue should maybe be posted in the "missing players"-thread but I'll give it a go anyway. In sum there are to many 30+ players loaded in to the DB and as a result there are a lack of young promising players in the DB. While playing with a top PL club I would like to be able to get some of those highly prominent players that are making a name of them self in various European clubs at the moment. That would make the game a lot more fun. Instead I find a Riquelme in Boca, a Micah Hyde in Avely, a Marc Joseph in Kendal Town and a Anthony Robinson in Redditch. There a quite a few of these examples, both in lower division clubs and on a free transfer. I rather see a talented 16-20 year old -9, -10 PA in the game rather than those dudes.

To start with it's very annoying to, while managing Truro City in the conference south, lose Barry Hayles to a Jamaican international friendly against Denmark. These unrealistic international call ups has been a issue since CM2 and they're pretty much still evident in both FMH and FM (as long as you run a game on a small database with only a league or two running). It would be a lot more realistic if you could add a individual "lowest required" CA for every U19, U21 and national team in FM. This way a Jamaican with a CA of 50-60 (not 100% sure of Hayles CA) wouldn't be added to the Jamaican national squad. The national team should prefer "made up" players instead off calling on of very few Jamaicans in the saved game. This applies to all national teams except maybe the top 10 national teams in the world.

Another issue that SI should put more attention to is the FMH-database. This issue should maybe be posted in the "missing players"-thread but I'll give it a go anyway. In sum there are to many 30+ players loaded in to the DB and as a result there are a lack of young promising players in the DB. While playing with a top PL club I would like to be able to get some of those highly prominent players that are making a name of them self in various European clubs at the moment. That would make the game a lot more fun. Instead I find a Riquelme in Boca, a Micah Hyde in Avely, a Marc Joseph in Kendal Town and a Anthony Robinson in Redditch. There a quite a few of these examples, both in lower division clubs and on a free transfer. I rather see a talented 16-20 year old -9, -10 PA in the game rather than those dudes.

1. The Jamaican national team isn't exactly world class so you won't expect 180+ CA players in there, that is why your 60 CA player is there possibly as a sub. However, FMH players should have the chance to withdraw a player from a nation squad like on PC Version.

2. Them players are there because they will be regarded as important players for their teams respectively. More important than younger players e.g. Would you rather have Ryan Giggs in your team or a 16 year old youth player? You would most likely get more from Giggs at the start of the game etc.

Archived