+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Same team buying all players

Default Same team buying all players

Hi,

Just started a game on FM2012 as FC Halifax manager. Transfer listed all my players immediately and over the next 2 weeks have sold 6 players to Altrincham who have also lodged bids for another 3 of my players - no other clubs have shown an interest. Seems a bit excessive?! Not even reached my first friendly game yet but will let you know if some other team shows an interest.

Other than that - looks like it's going to be fun. I used to be a researcher for Huddersfield way back when but gave it up due to time constraints and went away from the Championship Manager/Football Manager scene over the past few years. Hoping this will ignite my interest again on some level

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Thanks for this, we're aware of an issue where certain clubs try to sign excessive numbers of players. This has been tweaked for update 1 and is definitely improved.

Cheers,

9 players now gone to Altrincham - I'll be gutted if they turn me over later in the season.

Enjoying the game - will probably enjoy it more once I can concentrate on it at home rather than at work. Well done to all those involved, feels like a good balance to me so far. Enough depth to make it interesting but not too much to make it a grind on a mobile device.

Ok, put a few hours into it now. Altrincham have bought 12 players and are the only ones interested in my players. But further to this, 4 out of 4 players I've missed out on (ones too good for FC Halifax such as James Beattie and Marcus Bent) who were on my short list, have ended up signing for AFC Bournemouth. Again, seems far too much for coincidence, is there some alphabetical link in that it's just picking the first team in my division and first in the division those players are suited to?

Other teams are doing normal transfers in my game, but every deal I get involved in sees AFC Bournemouth and Altrincham stick their beaks in

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DannyGee View Post
    Ok, put a few hours into it now. Altrincham have bought 12 players and are the only ones interested in my players. But further to this, 4 out of 4 players I've missed out on (ones too good for FC Halifax such as James Beattie and Marcus Bent) who were on my short list, have ended up signing for AFC Bournemouth. Again, seems far too much for coincidence, is there some alphabetical link in that it's just picking the first team in my division and first in the division those players are suited to?

Other teams are doing normal transfers in my game, but every deal I get involved in sees AFC Bournemouth and Altrincham stick their beaks in
    This is indeed the same issue, and it's the same one that's been tweaked for the first update. It's wasn't quite as simple as alphabetical order, but it did often appear to have that effect.
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 08-12-2011 at 22:12.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Incidentally in case you're wondering update one should go into submission in the very near future - hopefully it'll be released before xmas (but obviously thats dependant on how quickly it goes through Apples submission process and I know they're obviously very busy at this time of year).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Incidentally in case you're wondering update one should go into submission in the very near future - hopefully it'll be released before xmas (but obviously thats dependant on how quickly it goes through Apples submission process and I know they're obviously very busy at this time of year).
    Any chances of we getting a sneak preview of the changes list?

+ Reply to Thread