+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FHMi 2012 - Slow match engine

Amateur

Default FHMi 2012 - Slow match engine

Hi,

First of all let me thank and congratulate all involved in a great game. I've been playing for three hours and am very close to completing my first challenge.

I have one bug - the match engine is dreadfully laggy on a fast game speed and on an iPhone 4S.

I have restarted the phone and have no other apps running, yet it is still like that. Any suggestions?

All the best!

Amateur

I've noticed that activating HD graphics slows the game considerably (on an iPhone 4).

With Retina/HD enabled the game is generally slower, including the match engine. At the moment it is a bit of a sacrifice you make for the clearer graphics but we are obviously aware of this and hope to improve things.

How do you feel otherwise about the HD?

Amateur

I think it is ok. My only real gripe is about the match engine. But thanks for clearing that up.

I was playing FMHi 2011 on a 3GS, so the clarity is excellent, but when you are engrossed in a game you don't really notice it so much. It's not Call of Duty or a game where the graphics are required to be gorgeous.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by David Milmine View Post
    With Retina/HD enabled the game is generally slower, including the match engine. At the moment it is a bit of a sacrifice you make for the clearer graphics but we are obviously aware of this and hope to improve things.

How do you feel otherwise about the HD?
    I tried it for 2 minutes, but the game was feeling sluggish. So I turned it off.
    Did I like it? Sure, it looked neat. But will not use unless the speed somehow improves.
    Last edited by rafafloripa; 08-12-2011 at 11:24.

I like the retina graphics, but I'd rather have a smooth match engine like FMH2011, so I play with HD graphics turned off (32gb 4S). If the ball moved smoothly it probably wouldn't bother me as much haha.

That being said, fantastic game, guys. I've waited forever for the new version and was not at all disappointed. If the engine can be smoothed out, I'd love it even more, but either way, it's a really, really, really awesome game.

EDIT - Just wanted to give some more info in case you needed it. I restarted my phone, no other apps running, and I'm getting lag with the retina skin. 32GB iPhone 4S, iOS version 5.0.1. Again, this is not a huge issue for me, and I'd imagine it isn't for other people as well. Just wanted to tell you guys in case.
    Last edited by Ratzaroonyy; 08-12-2011 at 18:58.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

A few things I've discovered talking to people - most people finding the game 'sluggish' in HD appear to have iOS5 installed, users who haven't upgraded to that on an iPhone4 appear to be far happier with its speed. I'm also of the belief that some people finding it sluggish are inadvertantly running other applications in the background while the game is active - but I'm waiting for feedback regarding this (this will slow down the app considerably, not as noticable in SD as it the App has more 'dead line' available to lose).

I will be looking at optimising the retina display as much as possible in forthcoming updates however and as always improving all aspects of the game ....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    A few things I've discovered talking to people - most people finding the game 'sluggish' in HD appear to have iOS5 installed, users who haven't upgraded to that on an iPhone4 appear to be far happier with its speed. I'm also of the belief that some people finding it sluggish are inadvertantly running other applications in the background while the game is active - but I'm waiting for feedback regarding this (this will slow down the app considerably, not as noticable in SD as it the App has more 'dead line' available to lose).

I will be looking at optimising the retina display as much as possible in forthcoming updates however and as always improving all aspects of the game ....
    So, iOS 5.01 here. I have closed all other apps, disabled iCloud & notification center, and restarted. Still not good

Amateur

Ios5(5.0.1) made my Ipad 1 a lot slower in general...

Amateur

I'm on iOS 5.01 on an iPhone 4S - all apps closed and the HD graphics are still very slow. I have switched off the HD display. The game looks awful, but runs at a better speed!

Amateur

well i put the hd option on and i got heaps of lag but once i closed all the other apps i had open it fixed the problem.

i have an iphone 4 and ios5

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mshakir View Post
    I'm on iOS 5.01 on an iPhone 4S - all apps closed and the HD graphics are still very slow. I have switched off the HD display. The game looks awful, but runs at a better speed!
    Awful is a bit strong, as it looks just like last year's
    Plus, the HD skin is still not totally refined IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Balotelli>> View Post
    well i put the hd option on and i got heaps of lag but once i closed all the other apps i had open it fixed the problem.

i have an iphone 4 and ios5
    Lucky you. Maybe it also depends on your expectations. I got so used to last year's edition that anything slower than that is just unacceptable. I've actually stopped playing another great game in my iPhone because of the lag between tapping a button and waiting for it to load.

Amateur

When I said awful, I should have said, compared to the HD graphics! Seriously, the club badges look pixelated!

Amateur

Someone in SI should say:
    "This was a purposeful retro look, in order to pay homage to the glory days of CM4"

+ Reply to Thread