Just taken me 2 days 14 hours to complete first season - anyone else this slow??

Don't purposely play the game slow - just matches on normal/key-highlights.

Anyone find thier games go this slow? I do wish they'd go quicker as I want to get into a career game which would take an age but I just can't seem to quicken things up!

To each his own...

If you are comfortable with the pace of your play, then you are fine.

There's no right nor wrong way to play this game.

If you spend a lot of time waiting, you might want to consider reducing the number of leagues and/or upgrading your computer.

I like dept in my games and I usually take a lot of time playing the game. Both because I load up a lot of players and leagues as processing delays don't bother me and because I tend to do a lot of other things on the side when I play. I usually only play one save each version so I'm not too bothered with the speed.

Don't purposely play the game slow - just matches on normal/key-highlights.

Anyone find thier games go this slow? I do wish they'd go quicker as I want to get into a career game which would take an age but I just can't seem to quicken things up!

Slow?

I can spend that long without even playing a match :lol:

Slow?

I can spend that long without even playing a match :lol:

Somehow I think that he meant actual game time (the time we see on the game details screen), not real time.

My game time isn't accurate because I leave FM open on my computer all the time, so I really have no idea how long a game takes me.

I am usually a pretty slow player. It usually takes me atleast an hour into a new save to move 1 day forward because I like to sort out my staff, squad & do training, shortlists etc.

It all changes from player to player. I have always considered myself as an average speed player, but I am currently on the sick from work thanks to an ACL injury and I have breezed through about 6 or 7 seasons less than a week.

Think it takes me about a 1.5 days to complete a season.

But I've got a rake of leagues going on. And I'm quite thorough in scouting. Scouting for a new player can take me 6 hours. Mine is perhaps slow by design?

But in general it zips along just fine.

I dont want to disappoint you OP, but after 4-5 season there is an ocean of regens:p with many leagues loaded,that would take even more time to explore.

So you could load only the leagues you would accept to go there.

Also what if you plan your expectations/day of gaming.1st day for the transfer period and playing until january and the 2nd day for transfers and the rest of the season.

But then again when you also manage a national team beside yout team will slow you down a bit:o

I play the game quite a bit, but it took me around a week to get through a season with Forest as I was so busy with scouting signings, match preparation and generally making myself believe I could get them promoted.

It's taken me 7 hours today to play a match in the Premiership. So yeah, I'm pretty slow.

I think there's a confusion going on here. Some people are talking about game time (length of time playing the game it takes to finish a season), and some people are talking about actual time (eg. they started their new FM game on 10th November, and only finished the first season on the 24th, meaning it took them a fortnight).

I've played for around 8 days, game time and I'm just starting the 5th season. I tend to have periods where I will fly through a game but then spend ages trying to scout and sort out my shortlist. Just like I'm doing now...can't for the life of me find a second striker and attacking mid. :D

I've played 83 hours (3 days 11 hours), and i'm in January of my first season (but then again the first season always takes just a little bit longer then the following seasons, unless you change teams). I would like to speed up my game but I always watch games in full as I find looking at the stats and analyzer a bit boring and like to see for myself what is going on and what needs to be inproved upon. Than I tend to forget myself looking at trainingprogress, new players, my current players form and moral and what have you, new backroom staff, and tinkering with my tactical setup. Very slow progress and I wish I could speed it up but I'm not really prepered to cut down on anything I'm doing so I guess I have to live with it.

It's definately noticeably slower than FM11 for me.

I think the thing I notice most is the private chats. It seems to take forever every time you click a response, it was much faster in FM11. Really hope they fix that with a patch as I find private chats a brilliant way to bring up morale, but it's so slow that it saps my morale at the moment...

Archived