+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just taken me 2 days 14 hours to complete first season - anyone else this slow??

Youth Team

Default Just taken me 2 days 14 hours to complete first season - anyone else this slow??

Don't purposely play the game slow - just matches on normal/key-highlights.

Anyone find thier games go this slow? I do wish they'd go quicker as I want to get into a career game which would take an age but I just can't seem to quicken things up!

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

I've played a little over that and I'm in December.

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

I'm taking about 6 hours to do a season at the moment.

Amateur

How many leagues do you have loaded up? The more leagues, the slower the game takes to process results

oh im at about a week to play a season tbh

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

To each his own...

If you are comfortable with the pace of your play, then you are fine.

There's no right nor wrong way to play this game.

If you spend a lot of time waiting, you might want to consider reducing the number of leagues and/or upgrading your computer.

Semi Pro

I like dept in my games and I usually take a lot of time playing the game. Both because I load up a lot of players and leagues as processing delays don't bother me and because I tend to do a lot of other things on the side when I play. I usually only play one save each version so I'm not too bothered with the speed.

Part-Timer

I am still only 19 games into the season. It can take me a month, 2 months or even longer to play a season. That said, I am a casual player compared to a lot in these forums.

Youth Team

I don't think loading times are particularly slow at all. It's the matches and reading news items which take most time

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    Don't purposely play the game slow - just matches on normal/key-highlights.

Anyone find thier games go this slow? I do wish they'd go quicker as I want to get into a career game which would take an age but I just can't seem to quicken things up!
    Slow?

I can spend that long without even playing a match

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by oi_oi_ginger_roy View Post
    Slow?

I can spend that long without even playing a match
    Somehow I think that he meant actual game time (the time we see on the game details screen), not real time.

My game time isn't accurate because I leave FM open on my computer all the time, so I really have no idea how long a game takes me.

Amateur

I take about the same as the OP to play a season and I only watch the matches that really interest me, I go on holiday for the day for run-of-the-mill games.

Reserves

Slow???? It takes me AT LEAST a week in gametime to do a season - usually much more.

Amateur

Normally take me at least 5-6 days to complete the season..

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

I am usually a pretty slow player. It usually takes me atleast an hour into a new save to move 1 day forward because I like to sort out my staff, squad & do training, shortlists etc.

Amateur

am getting to the end of the 2nd season with about 7 days of play

i used to need about half a day in 2011 to get through 1 season

Youth Team

Glad I'm not the only one who seems to take their time playing FM - my only concern is that it's hard to find the time to commit to it! Ultimately I think this is what will eventually stop me playing the game.

Amateur

In FM11, it took me about ten hours. But I'd got pretty good at FM11, so a lot of it was rote decision-making.

Amateur
    1st Season : Algard, Div 2 - Norway : Champion 18V-5N-3D

Are you all serious ???????????? it took 2 months to make a season, I play 2 hours by day. I think that we are not playing the same game.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

It all changes from player to player. I have always considered myself as an average speed player, but I am currently on the sick from work thanks to an ACL injury and I have breezed through about 6 or 7 seasons less than a week.

Youth Team

So far, 2 weeks. Go me!

Youth Team

Think it takes me about a 1.5 days to complete a season.

But I've got a rake of leagues going on. And I'm quite thorough in scouting. Scouting for a new player can take me 6 hours. Mine is perhaps slow by design?

But in general it zips along just fine.

avine

I dont want to disappoint you OP, but after 4-5 season there is an ocean of regens with many leagues loaded,that would take even more time to explore.

So you could load only the leagues you would accept to go there.

Also what if you plan your expectations/day of gaming.1st day for the transfer period and playing until january and the 2nd day for transfers and the rest of the season.

But then again when you also manage a national team beside yout team will slow you down a bit

I think I'm getting slow in my old age.

Started a new game around midday today and only now finished the season.

narekmelik

That's weird. I play about a game per day. I must be extremely slow.

Amateur

Takes me about 8 hours to do a season, Inow only have goals on 3d and the rest of the game on text and that has helped me get through it a bit quicker

Youth Team

To be honest this thread is spelling out to me that perhaps my FM days are over as I'm not able to spend so much time playing the game.

Amateur

I play the game quite a bit, but it took me around a week to get through a season with Forest as I was so busy with scouting signings, match preparation and generally making myself believe I could get them promoted.

It's taken me 7 hours today to play a match in the Premiership. So yeah, I'm pretty slow.

Amateur

I think there's a confusion going on here. Some people are talking about game time (length of time playing the game it takes to finish a season), and some people are talking about actual time (eg. they started their new FM game on 10th November, and only finished the first season on the 24th, meaning it took them a fortnight).

Youth Team

I'm referring to the actual game time, so a day is 24 hours of accumulated playing time.

Amateur

I'm somewhat slower then you Colorado, first season took me about 2 days 16 hours of gametime. Can't say I'm not enjoying myself with my current save. Second season usually goes a little faster as most things are set up already.

Amateur
    I can give up this game whenever I like. I just don't want to yet...

About a week, maybe more.

Semi Pro

Two/three weeks for me. It takes about 30 minutes for my game to progress a week as I have full detail on, all players in top division clubs in Europe and all UK leagues including Level 8 in England and county cups.

I've worked out why I've slowed down - I loaded 8x the amount of leagues I usually do.

First Team Squad Member

10 hours a season for me with 8 countries loaded.

Amateur

Played a total of 5 days, 16 hours and 57 minutes and I'm just starting the 2020/2021 season.

Got England, Spain, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, Portugal and France loaded.

Semi Pro

Fm says 2days, 1hr and I'm in first season, Feb.
    I play windowed mode and watch tv show/youtube at same time as I've gotten a bit bored of FM now. I never enjoy the first couple of seasons, I just want my newgens

Third Team

I've played for around 8 days, game time and I'm just starting the 5th season. I tend to have periods where I will fly through a game but then spend ages trying to scout and sort out my shortlist. Just like I'm doing now...can't for the life of me find a second striker and attacking mid.

Amateur

I've played 83 hours (3 days 11 hours), and i'm in January of my first season (but then again the first season always takes just a little bit longer then the following seasons, unless you change teams). I would like to speed up my game but I always watch games in full as I find looking at the stats and analyzer a bit boring and like to see for myself what is going on and what needs to be inproved upon. Than I tend to forget myself looking at trainingprogress, new players, my current players form and moral and what have you, new backroom staff, and tinkering with my tactical setup. Very slow progress and I wish I could speed it up but I'm not really prepered to cut down on anything I'm doing so I guess I have to live with it.

Amateur

An average season for me takes maybe a day or two of real life playing. I usually play through a season quicker when things are going well. If I'm winning a lot of games I tend to spend less time tinkering.

Part-Timer

it could take me about one to two weeks to finish a season, but then i might not play everyday.

Amateur

It's definately noticeably slower than FM11 for me.

I think the thing I notice most is the private chats. It seems to take forever every time you click a response, it was much faster in FM11. Really hope they fix that with a patch as I find private chats a brilliant way to bring up morale, but it's so slow that it saps my morale at the moment...

Amateur

Took me about 3 to 4 days (3 x 24h) to finish my season.
    Apparently i never got to my 4th season.
    In past versions i always start a new save somewhere around my 3rd or 4th season, just started on my 3rd save of FM12 yesterday.

Amateur

Usually it takes 10-14 days for me to complete one season (in real time).

+ Reply to Thread