this is why fm12 is poor

right started a save with sheff wed! went up first season no probs!(not showing off).... right pre season gotta get some players in! R taylor of newcastle is listed for transfer and loan! so a bid accepted, no probs hes on 33k a week no chance off signing him so a made a loan bid there wanted 500k loan fee ok with that 40% wages a can only go to 30% so newcastle rejected it fine.... Colchester make loan bid accepted! a bit stuned a thought how can they afford 40% wages thats right they cant in fact there paying not a penny towards them!!!! then a thought there must be a link or thats right theres not! so WHY the hell would there not sent the player to a club thats willing to pay some wages instead ov a club that wont!!!!!! next one when a was manager of newcastle and sold A Smith he demanded me to pay 30k of his wages when he signed for reading and there were only paying him 14k a week... but when u want to try and sign a player thats listed on big money there never never ask there club for a money move it just does not happen!!! grrrrrrrr am pulling me hair out!!! sort it out please!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

In real life, alot more Championship clubs pay some fees and wages towards loan deals now. I'm sure in the past Nottingham Forest have paid alot of wages for loan players that we have had in the past. Kris Boyd and Paul Konchesky are two that spring to mind. When we signed Boyd on loan last season we were paying all of his wages, iirc it was about £22k a week. When we loaned Konchesky, we were paying a fair whack of his wages, although I'm not sure of the exact amount/percentage, but I think it was about 50%. I also think we paid alot of wages for Nicky Shorey as well.

Darren Ferguson stated in the summer that Peterborough United couldn't compete with alot of clubs when trying to loan players due to the demands of the parent club of the players in question. I think he said that.

Alot of Championship clubs now spend alot of money in order to be successful and previously in FM, you could get five promotions without spending any money on transfers. SI changed it for FM11 to reflect more realism and this year for FM12, I think they've changed it slightly again because now you don't have to always pay a fee when loaning a younger player from a club when on FM11 you did. That's what I have noticed from FM12 so far.

right started a save with sheff wed! went up first season no probs!(not showing off).... right pre season gotta get some players in! R taylor of newcastle is listed for transfer and loan! so a bid accepted, no probs hes on 33k a week no chance off signing him so a made a loan bid there wanted 500k loan fee ok with that 40% wages a can only go to 30% so newcastle rejected it fine.... Colchester make loan bid accepted! a bit stuned a thought how can they afford 40% wages thats right they cant in fact there paying not a penny towards them!!!! then a thought there must be a link or thats right theres not! so WHY the hell would there not sent the player to a club thats willing to pay some wages instead ov a club that wont!!!!!! next one when a was manager of newcastle and sold A Smith he demanded me to pay 30k of his wages when he signed for reading and there were only paying him 14k a week... but when u want to try and sign a player thats listed on big money there never never ask there club for a money move it just does not happen!!! grrrrrrrr am pulling me hair out!!! sort it out please!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

It does happen, when Robbie Fowler left Leeds they were still paying a lot of his wages despitre him no longer being at the club.

More constructive criticism from the Stampler.

Let me explain this one more time for you; this is a forum. People with complaints, confusion, assistance requests, etc. come here to express themselves and, if the pages work right, receive some constructive advice. Are you getting a clue yet?

Your constant "advice" telling posters to stop moaning, stop playing, go away, etc. is childish and annoying. Grow up!

When will you ever give anybody the benefit of your undoubted huge FM knowledge?

Jesus!

Basically.......

"I'm not getting my own way so im going to spit the dummy out. "

:p

Think that's a bit harsh, though you did provide a safety tongue. :p

It does seem a bit odd that you'd say no to a club offering a portion of wages and then say yes to a club that can't afford to contribute to wages.

Think that's a bit harsh, though you did provide a safety tongue. :p

It does seem a bit odd that you'd say no to a club offering a portion of wages and then say yes to a club that can't afford to contribute to wages.

I know, thankfully you saw the saftey wink :)

It does seem a tad odd, what really seems odd is that he would move there full stop, never mind newcastle not letting him go to a team that will pay no wages. Or are Colchester in the Championship?

As stated my people above, it all depends on the level your at. Championship clubs are expected to have more money than a league 1 club, so are expected to contribute more towards wages.

As for Alan Smith, that thing happens to me quite a lot as clubs arent willing to pay the amount they are demanding and they want you to pay the rest. Just greed really.

As stated my people above, it all depends on the level your at. Championship clubs are expected to have more money than a league 1 club, so are expected to contribute more towards wages.

That makes perfect sense. But it still seems illogical to loan a player to a team that won't offer any wages over one that will. Almost makes it sound like a point of principle, i.e. "we'd rather loan to a club who can't afford to pay anything towards his wages than loan to a club that can do but won't offer what we'd like".

am not bothered about losing out on the deal! look stranger things have happened its a just cant get me head around someone who will pay to someone that doesnt! a also made a bid for shola who is on 23k a week a think! done a scout report hes extremely interested to join get to contract screen the most a can do is 14K aweek how come there never ask there club for wage demand move! it happens to me nearly everytime am newcastle with players on big deals! he is also publicly unhappy and wants to leave!

The British education system is very clear about how "of" is spelled. There's something else that causes people not to spell it otherwise.

That being said, I still broadly agree with the guy's original point. And I don't want to scare him off posting forever!

The British education system is very clear about how "of" is spelled. There's something else that causes people not to spell it otherwise.

That being said, I still broadly agree with the guy's original point. And I don't want to scare him off posting forever!

"Of" --> "Ov" was just an example.

The poor spelling, grammar and etiquette displayed in his post should have been schooled out of him when he was a kid.

I agree 100% with the OP's point about loan wage contributions. And players then ending up at teams who pay nothing.

Currently playing as Southampton, and i offer to loan a reserve Arsenal striker called Benik Afobe, with a fee of 275,000 and wage contribution of 40% (max allowed by my budget). Anyway Arsenal reject cos they want at least 50%. So, deal is dead and i leave it. Then 2 game days later, he signs on loan for Exeter City with no wage contribution or fee !! I love this game, but that is utterly ridiculous and needs looking at IMHO

Archived