Come and join us! - QA Lead position now available!

Positions have opened up on the team at SI and we're looking to shortlist the best programmers. More details here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290673-Come-and-join-us!

We've also just had a role come up within our QA department, more information can be found here - http://www.sigames.com/studio/careers.php?id=7

Feel free to ask any questions within this thread :)

You've said feel free to ask any questions, so I'm going to throw you a really silly one.

Would you take into consideration the FM playing history of your applicants. Not that I'm planning on applying, just intrigued (even though I strongly suspect the answer would be no).

You've said feel free to ask any questions, so I'm going to throw you a really silly one.

Would you take into consideration the FM playing history of your applicants. Not that I'm planning on applying, just intrigued (even though I strongly suspect the answer would be no).

Obviously being able to do the work is the priority (:p) but being a big fan of FM is definitely a plus. Many of the people who work here (including myself) have come from the community and everyone here loves the game :)

I really think you could do with a few designers over there, for the UI sake. It's nice the programmers do it. But it's not intuitive. A designer would give great insight to making a fantastic UI. Perhaps hit the skinning forums there are a few guys really good at it.

Something to think about :)

Good luck in the search and I'm glad to see that with the extra profits from the extra sales, due to the success of Steam, that you can invest back into the game and make it even better for next year and many more to come.

I really think you could do with a few designers over there, for the UI sake. It's nice the programmers do it. But it's not intuitive. A designer would give great insight to making a fantastic UI. Perhaps hit the skinning forums there are a few guys really good at it.

By not having designers, Miles didn't mean that we don't have anyone to do the UI. He was talking about game design in the traditional sense, i.e. someone who's responsibility it is to decide the features and direction of the whole project. We do that as a team here at SI rather than have individuals do it.

We, of course, already have a team of dedicated UI artists and coders.

Ah - I see. That wasn't abundantly clear in his post.

I stick by it though - it's mostly alright. It's not fantastic. I guess there are limitations and only a certain amount doable in a certain timeframe.

I am really pleased to see that they're reinvesting in the game with more staff. That is so positive to hear.

As a developer (sadly with all the wrong skills to apply to SI) I'll suggest that UI design/implementation is the hardest aspect of developing an application. However you do it, you never get it right unless you come up with something like an iPhone that just kicks the existing paradigm totally into touch, and I can whinge about aspects of the IOS UI too. Optimising queries or that algorithm to do something is nothing compared to coming up with an interface that 3, let alone 3 million, people like and find easy to use.

One thing you definitely need is a new English --> Danish translator. The Danish translations have been utterly horrible in as many versions of the game that I can remember.

And yes, I would be willing to do it. For sufficient pay. ;)

Bertie - tell me you guys need a super administrator to help with all of these new staff joining?!

Unfortunately, that's not one of the areas we're looking for new staff I'm afraid.

One thing you definitely need is a new English --> Danish translator. The Danish translations have been utterly horrible in as many versions of the game that I can remember.

And yes, I would be willing to do it. For sufficient pay. ;)

Translations aren't done in house I'm afraid, so again is not something we'd be hiring for specifically.

Any salary range expectation ?

Depends on the role/experience. If you feel you have the skills to apply, please do so and salaries/benefits will be discussed at a later stage :)

I think Sports Interactive need game testers from overseas and not just people in London area ;)

these overseas people can test the game on their home/work computer and just forward S.I the results of the testing eg - bugs ...

You know it makes sense :)

Yes hursty2 I think it would be great if S.I had overseas BETA Testers of FM where they can test it in the confort of their own house instead giving it to all people who can travel to London. There are some sharp smart people that can't travel to London :D

Would you consider non-UK residents (a person in the US who is willing to relocate, for example)?

Or an Arabian guy who ran away from his country because of his political views?

I just lost my job in Bahrain AND not able to continue my IT studying :)

Working for SI sounds like pretty much my dream job, but not being very eager to relocate to the UK, lacking in the specific skills of programming you need, and having a nice stable coding job anyway which I'm not willing to risk, sadly means it'll have to stay a dream. Maybe one day - with the way the economy is going around here I may have to seriously consider emigration sooner or later.

i recoken so i dont really make sanwhiches as i dont eat emstill i'll make my mushroom soup if yoyr lucky
This looks like top quality drunk posting.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded FM2012 yesterday - will have a go on it tonight. I have played CM/FM since 1993 - and quite religiously with the 01/02 game, of which I have played on updates until recently. I didn't play FM2011 nearly as much as it didn't nearly enough have that 'hook' factor for me.

I think speed is an issue - fitting in a season (if you wish to) in a few hours was great for challenges and you could make transfers quickly and easily. You would lose players to bigger clubs and there was always a new challenge waiting with other clubs. You felt like you could start a 'new game' 10 years in.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I downloaded FM2012 yesterday - will have a go on it tonight. I have played CM/FM since 1993 - and quite religiously with the 01/02 game, of which I have played on updates until recently. I didn't play FM2011 nearly as much as it didn't nearly enough have that 'hook' factor for me.

I think speed is an issue - fitting in a season (if you wish to) in a few hours was great for challenges and you could make transfers quickly and easily. You would lose players to bigger clubs and there was always a new challenge waiting with other clubs. You felt like you could start a 'new game' 10 years in.

Hire the guy now.

Archived