You Have To Be In It To Win It

DazRTaylor

I was going to wait for 12.1 to launch my career game but my patience has worn thin so have started it today. I loaded the following leagues, down to the lowest available league (only editors loaded is Correct Competition Names, so no England tier 7 for example):

Belgium

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Scotland

Spain

I have managed in England, Germany, Spain, Scotland and Italy previously so would like a post in Belgium, France, Holland and Portugal at some point. I see City2000 having tremendous fun with FC Twente and wouldn't mind a bash at that, if I get offered the post.

I have started unemployed, Sunday League Reputation and I holidayed, applying for all vacancies until I was offered a post. I didn't have to wait long as at the end of September I was offered the post of manager at and accepted:

Career Overview

Season     Club               League                                      Position           Achievements

2011/12    Regensburg         German Third Division                       2nd                Promotion.  Resigned 14 May 2012.
2012/13    Santa Clara        Portuguese Second Division                  1st                Appointed 2 June 2012.  Promoted as Champions.  Runner up in Portuguese Cup.  Europa League Qualification.
2013/14    Santa Clara        Portuguese First Division                   14th on leaving    Resigned on 23 September 2013
2013/14    Lokeren            Belgian Pro League                          5th                Joined on 17 October 2013.  Belgian Cup winners.
2014/15    Lokeren            Belgian Pro League                          2nd on leaving     Resigned on 19 December 2014
2014/15    Anderlecht         Belgian Pro League                          1st                Champions.  Belgian Cup winners.
2015/16    Anderlecht         Belgian Pro League                          1st                Champions.  Belgian Cup winners.
2016/17    Werder Bremen      Bundesliga                                  1st                Champions.  German Cup winners.
2017/18    Werder Bremen      Bundesliga                                  2nd on leaving     Resigned on 2 January 2018
2017/18    Tottenham Hotspur  Premier League                              3rd                Champions League runners up.
2018/19    Tottenham Hotspur  Premier League

Honours

Continental Honours

Domestic League Titles

Portuguese Second Division Champions 2013 (Santa Clara)

Belgian League Champions 2015 (Anderlecht)

Belgian League Champions 2016 (Anderlecht)

German League Champions 2017 (Werder Bremen)

Domestic Cups

Belgian Cup Winners 2014 (Lokeren)

Belgian Cup Winners 2015 (Anderlecht)

Belgian Cup Winners 2016 (Anderlecht)

German Cup Winners 2017 (Werder Bremen)

Other Honours

Belgian Super Cup Winners 2014 (Lokeren)

Belgian Super Cup Winners 2015 (Anderlecht)

Summary

1 x German League Title

2 x Belgian League Title

1 x Portuguese Second Division Title

1 x German Cup

3 x Belgian Cup

2 x Belgian Super Cup

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SVV JAHN 2000 REGENSBURG

150px-SSV_Jahn_Regensburg.png

3820936077_cec8819ac4.jpg

They play in the German Third Division and are 18th out of 20. A look at the squad and it is not immediately obvious why they are struggling. Time will tell.

ssvjahn2000regensburgsq.jpg

I don't have a transfer budget, nor any room in the wage budget so will have to work with what I have.

This should be interesting.

Good luck in Germany, should be a good place to start off :thup:

Thank you :D

I confess to having never heard of Regensburg before! Strange I was offered this job but couldn't get a job in the BSP in England (No BSN/S vacancies came up).

First two games have been completed. A good 2-1 home win over mid table Wehen and an encouraging 0-0 draw away to Oberhausen have shown we are clearly in a false position. The latter was one of those exciting goalless draws - I hit the post twice and the bar in injury time. My keeper kept me in it too with two one-on-one saves. A real challenge next though. Home to Bughausen who are 4th.

In terms of tactics, I have two good DMs with reasonable wingers and some good players in the centre of the park. So my tried and tested 4-5-1 will be in operation, flat back four, a DM, two MC, AML, AMR and a ST.

I am already out of the cup so the league is all I have left.

A major cause of concern is the state of the finances. £51,000 overdrawn with no cup run to look forward to. I may need to arrange some mid season friendlies, during the break, against Bundesliga sides to bolster the coffers. Also, some of my fringe players will have to go. My squad is not big, I have no reserve players and no youth players so I may be forced to bring some loans in.

Good luck with Regensburg :D

I wouldn't worry about the financial side too much as most teams in 3.liga are Okay or insecure so the majority of clubs will be in a similar situation.The only exception will probably be RB Leipzig (Start off below 3.liga but will more then likely be promoted) due to their Sponsorship deal which was a 10 Year deal at £4.39 million.Also,see if you can get some loans in as that may help boost your numbers for the team.

Good luck with Regensburg :D

I wouldn't worry about the financial side too much as most teams in 3.liga are Okay or insecure so the majority of clubs will be in a similar situation.The only exception will probably be RB Leipzig (Start off below 3.liga but will more then likely be promoted) due to their Sponsorship deal which was a 10 Year deal at £4.39 million.Also,see if you can get some loans in as that may help boost your numbers for the team.

Thanks - As you say, I think loans will be the key. There is certainly no money for fees.

They were good in the 50s I think, with one or 2 members of the 54 WC winning side.

Wouldn't surprise me - though the history of the club in the game starts in 1964 with plenty of gaps in the Domestic League places - I assume they went bust or dropped into non league.

Should be fun, they have a proper stadium too. Is it big?

Have wanted to play in Germany but never done it yet.

11,800 capacity of which 2,000 are seated (I assume this being the stand in the picture at start of thread).

German football :cool:. Best league(s) on the game. Good luck with this mate :thup:.

It is certainly exciting!

SVV JAHN 2000 REGENSBURG

WINTER BREAK UPDATE

85904195.jpg

We are comfortably mid table after a good run of form. Only fair to point out though, we have only played one game against the top six in my time here - against the league leaders which we lost.

I have decided this will probably be my only season here - the finances continue to crumble, losing £200,000 per month. I can't offer new deals so my players have started declaring they will leave on frees at the end of the season. I have 15 players out of contract at the end of the season and with the finances the way they are, I dont fancy rebuilding here.

On a positive, I have linked up with Borussia Dortmund so hope I can obtain a loan or two for the rest of the season.

I managed to bolster my squad in January with a centre back and striker from Dortmund, my parent club. The striker hasn't done a great deal but the defender has been nothing short of magnificent. With 3 league games to go, he averages over 7.90 in 14 games, scoring 6 goals from defence! Details below:

florianhbneroverviewpro.jpg

I am still totally baffled why Regensburg struggled prior to my arrival. I am now 3rd and in the playoff place.

SVV JAHN 2000 REGENSBURG

END OF SEASON REVIEW

87463934.jpg

Well, we finished 2nd - all rather simple to be honest. No real scares, no issues. To be fair, I didn't have many injuries at all and this certainly helped.

Player of the Season

florianhbneroverviewpro.jpg

No surprise. Only arrived in January and was dominant. A fantastic loan signing.

Special Mention

michaelgrlitzoverviewpr.jpg

This chap had not been used at all when I joined. Although his best position is AMC and I dont use this position, I tried him in MC and he never let me down. Excellent season.

The finances are a major concern though. £1.53m in the red with no prospect of improvement. The board gave me no transfer budget for Division Two and actually CUT my wage budget. As a result:

darrentaylornewsinbox.png

So, a new adventure awaits!

SANTA CLARA

SEASON PREVIEW SEASON 2012/13

Squad

santaclarasquadplayers.jpg

My players certainly have the potential but the midfield and wingers especially, are currently lacking on aurrent ability. I had to wheel and deal as I received no transfer budget and a minimal wage budget. I was declined for loans by no less than 17 players so my poor solitary scout has been working overtime whilst taking his Red Bull.

I have high hopes for this chap, offered by his agent for free:

ricardograyoverviewprof.jpg

EXPECTATIONS

Second Division: The board expect promotion. I have looked around the league at other clubs and their players and to be honest, I agree with the board. Anything less than a top two finish I will consider a failure.

Portuguese Cup: The board expect me to reach the fourth round. So do I, assuming I avoid any top flight clubs. An early draw against Porto, fopr example, and I am screwed. :D

League Cup: The board expect me to be competitive. As do I!

I will be using my tried and tested 4-5-1 formation with a DM and two wingers to compliment the two central midfielders.

Well done on promotion, shame the club was too much of a mess to keep going.

Good luck with Santa Clara!

It's always devastating to leave a club after getting them promoted, but I certainly can't blame you with the budget issue.

I'm determined to find my way to Germany at some point, but best of luck in Portugal.

Thanks, early indication is that it is a lot of fun :)

I loved playing in Portugal and I hope you will too!

So far so good. :D

As others have already said, well done on the promotion in Germany :thup:

Probably a wise move to jump, considering the precarious financial state, but do you think it is a slight step down going to Portugal? Surely, your reputation would have increased somewhat from a season in Bundesliga 2.

As others have already said, well done on the promotion in Germany :thup:

Probably a wise move to jump, considering the precarious financial state, but do you think it is a slight step down going to Portugal? Surely, your reputation would have increased somewhat from a season in Bundesliga 2.

I would of thought so too, but I was declined for seventeen jobs before I ended up at Santa Clara. Even the likes of FC Eindhoven in the lower reaches of the Dutch 2nd Division "laughed off interest from Taylor". It was demoralising but hey ho.

Santa Clara are an interesting club - I am top of the 2nd Division and it is a cruise right now. Yet my reputation has remained at "Regional". It needs to be National I think for the next jump.

While we are on this point, I have twice been laughed off by Sheffield United and they've gone on and hired someone that has a poorer record than me, with less games and is the same reputation as me (Regional).

It just seems odd that teams are turning down managers so abruptly even though they hire someone as good/worse than you. It seems thats what happened with you Daz?

While we are on this point, I have twice been laughed off by Sheffield United and they've gone on and hired someone that has a poorer record than me, with less games and is the same reputation as me (Regional).

It just seems odd that teams are turning down managers so abruptly even though they hire someone as good/worse than you. It seems thats what happened with you Daz?

Was that when you were applying for them or declaring interest? As I've been laughed off for jobs after declaring an interest only to get them a few months later when they were vacant.

Was that when you were applying for them or declaring interest? As I've been laughed off for jobs after declaring an interest only to get them a few months later when they were vacant.

Applied for them. The second time round I lost my job because of the application :(

Applied for them. The second time round I lost my job because of the application :(
lol unlucky, Is that 2012? I'm about halfway through your thread now.

I think I've noticed it being harder to get a job with your favourite team as well, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

lol unlucky, Is that 2012? I'm about halfway through your thread now.

I think I've noticed it being harder to get a job with your favourite team as well, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Nope, I'm currently in 2020.

Back to the thread, that Richard Gray looks quality, real shame he hasn't got the physical stats though. Get him a gym membership? :D

Well, the Portuguese Cup has been really bizarre to date. I am in the Quarter Finals and as you can see from this screenie, so is another second tier side, a third tier side and a non league side. In the Quarters. Ridiculous. Vianense actually beat Maritimo in the last round. Porto should win this cup at a canter.

taadeportugaloverviewst.jpg

HotChocolate - Yes, safe to say Mr Gray is lacking in the guns department! He has been injured a lot this season so no doubt his physical stats will decline a bit more. :(

SANTA CLARA

MID SEASON UPDATE

portuguesesecondleagueo.jpg

League - So a comfortable first half to the season. 4 points ahead of Gil Vicente in 2nd, who are a further 4 ahead of Oliveirense in 3rd. So a comfortable 8 points ahead of a non promotion place.

Portuguese Cup - See previous post for how weird the cup has been this season. I am in the semi finals, drawn to Vitoria Setubal over 2 legs .

League Cup - Disappointing despite reaching the quarter finals. I was drawn against Olhanense, a top flight club and won the first leg 2-0. I lost the return leg, away, 3-0. Gutted. :(

I was offered Mads Laudrup by his agent for free, a player whose stats are far better than anything I have:

madslaudrupoverviewprof.jpg

With a few players refusing to sign new deals, I have let them leave now for free and replaced them with the likes of Reece Brown, released by Man Utd and other hungry, young professionals. Again, agents offered them to me for free.

15 league games left, I hope I dont blow it.

SANTA CLARA

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Cracking season. Simple as that!

League - Top of the pile with no major concerns:

portuguesesecondleagueo.jpg

Portuguese Cup - As stated earlier, truly bizarre. I reached the final but was thoroughly ouclassed by Porto. Still, I hope to make some progress in the Europa League:

santaclaravfcpinformati.jpg

League Cup - Went out in Quarter Finals 3-2 on aggregate.

Player of the Season

Alex - Winger who played 39 games, scoring 14 goals averaging over 7.60. Worth noting the few game he missed in the season, we struggled.

alexoverviewprofile.jpg

Spencial Mentions

Solobodan Dincic - Lone striker for much of the season, rewarding me with 27 goals in all competitions.

slobodandincicoverviewp.jpg

One more player to mention but can only link 4 pictures per post. See next message for news Irineu's performances.

SANTA CLARA

SEASON PREVIEW 2013-14

Squad

I was not given any transfer budget - we dipped into the red last season - but the board did increase my wage budget from £13k per week to £43k. A huge spike. :D

I have brought in a fair few players on free transfers, courtesy of my scouts. IMO, the pick of them are below. Custodio is a brilliant player for a club like mine.

custdiooverviewprofile.jpg

soaresoverviewprofile.jpg

Board Expectations

League - Avoid relegation. Amen to that!

Europa League - Gain some experience. I think the Group Stage is a possibility.

Portuguese Cup - Fifth Round. I want the Quarters at least.

League Cup - Be competitive. I want the Quarters at least.

Archived