Was also in the Australia vs Sth Korea match international friendly in Aussie, so will be interesting what the setting are for it to appear, as i dont recall ever seeing flares in this part of the world during football matches.

Was also in the Australia vs Sth Korea match international friendly in Aussie, so will be interesting what the setting are for it to appear, as i dont recall ever seeing flares in this part of the world during football matches.

You obviously haven`t seen any Melbourne Victory home games, or any Victorian League games.......flares all the time, but this is down to the Greeks and Macedonians mainly.

I got my lower league club side promoted to the premier league and on the opening game of the season in my brand new stadium, i spotted a flare and have seen it happen twice now in different games.

It's very common all over Europe, but to single out Macedonia? Do they even have a league? By all means I'm sure they're used there as well, but to mention them instead of so many other countries doesn't make sense.

He's talking about the Greek and Macedonian ethnic groups in Melbourne, which are quite substantial.

And of course Macedonia has a football league.

I had one when I was playing Besiktas in the Europa League. At first I thought the stadium had caught fire, then I realised what it was and shouted for my housemate to come have a look. I personally think it's a cracking touch!

I've had that a few times seems to be only against Italian teams so far I haven't noticed any other country's supporter do that.

I have now seen it loads of times in Europe, I would love it if something happened like maybe a small riot with groups of fans scrapping and throwing flares onto the pitch, and then the team getting fined or supporters being banned would be a nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived