From the terraces to the top...hopefully!

Raware

Game : Football Manager 2012 (PC)

Version : Official SI 12.0.3

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• England (Regional First Divisions and above)
  • France (National and above)
  • Northern Ireland (Second Division and above)
  • Ireland (First Division and above)
  • Scotland (Third Division and above)
  • Wales (Corbett Sports Welsh Prem only)

Sunday morning footballer

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another year, another FM :D. Having played my saves for the last few years in Asia, I think for this years release I’m due for something new. With the new feature of adding/removing leagues in this years FM it should definitely make hopping around the world’s football leagues a lot easier…but for now, I’m staying in England with the English, French, Northern Irish, Irish, Scottish and Welsh leagues loaded from the start. However, I may decide to add/remove leagues as I progress through my career.

In this save, as always, I’ll be starting at the bottom and trying to work my way up the leagues. Thanks to the excellent work of uncle ron and his Level 7 & 8 lower league add-on :thup:, I’ll be attempting to do this with Coalville Town who currently play in the Evo-Stik League First Division South. Why? Because the father-in-law is a big Coalville Town fan, has family on the board of directors and we both went to watch them at Wembley last May in the FA Vase (which they unfortunately lost :(). While I want to stay at Coalville and attempt to take them as far as possible, if I do receive a job offer which is too good to turn down, I may decide to take it.

I hope you enjoy my journey. Comments are welcome :)

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town : A background

Founded in 1926, Coalville Town are semi-professional English football club currently playing in the Evo-Stik League First Division South. The club play their home games at Owen Street Sports Ground, possess basic training facilities but lack youth facilities. The club also has basic junior coaching and a limited youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as The Ravens and retains a fierce rivalry with Shepshed Dynamo, Loughborough Dynamo and Quorn.

Although they have never won a competition, the club are enjoying probably their best spell of success this decade. Coalville finished runners-up in the FA Vase in 2011, finished runners-up in the English 9th tier for the only time in 2010, and finished runners-up in the Leics Challenge Cup in 2006.

OwenStreetSportsGround.jpg

Owen Street Sports Ground

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2011/12 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Evo-Stik League First Division South : Board expectation - Learn from the experience : Media expectation - 17th (out of 22)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 1st Qualifying round

FA Trophy : Learn from the experience

Doodson Sports Cup : 1st round

Transfer budget : £1k

Wage budget : £153 p/w

Current wage bill : £5 p/w

Season tickets sold : 35

My views for the season ahead… : I’m not quite sure as I have no idea where we stand in terms of quality but with the board wanting us to learn from the experience and the media suggesting we’ll finish 17th, I can only aim for a mid-table finish. Anything other than this will be a bonus considering our pre-season predictions.

Good luck with this Raware. I've enjoyed reading your previous threads, so I look forward to following your new adventure
Best of luck Raware!
Good luck
Welcome back Raware. Good luck.
Good luck - lets get this thing started!
Great to see you back, Raware! Looking forward to it
Good luck. WIll be following

Thanks for the support fellas :thup::D

Welcome back and good luck with The Ravens!

Raware's Ravens.

Cheers hursty. I never thought of that alliterated title...I could've used it for my thread title ;)

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2011/12 : Mid-season update

Evo-Stik League First Division South : It’s been a fantastic start for us in my first season in charge as we’ve won 17, drawn 4 and lost just 2 which leaves us sitting top of the table at the halfway point of the season. We’re finding goals plentiful as we’ve hit the back of the net 51 times already, mainly thanks to our new signing Alan Lynch who’s scored 12 times (17 in all competitions) and we’re also managing to keep a few clean sheets as we’ve conceded just 18 goals, the lowest in the league.

It’s also been good in the cups for us too as we reached the 1st round in the Doodson Sports Cup before Radcliffe Boro knocked us out, the 3rd Qualifying round in the FA Trophy before Totton sent us packing but perhaps the most pleasing of our cup runs is our performance in the FA Cup in which we’ve reached the 3rd round :eek: where we play Ipswich Town at home.

My aims for the remainder of the season… : To maintain our great early season form and push the top teams in the league all the way. While we were predicted to finish 17th at the start of the season, for us to finish anywhere near that now would be very disappointing and we should be looking to at least book a place in the play-offs now if not making a challenge for the title, providing we can steer clear of injuries.

Great start.

Good luck for the 2nd half.

Flying start, good luck for the rest of the season
Looking forward to reading this career, good luck :thup:
Good to see this get started. I'm predicting however that you'll get that offer of a job you can't turn down before five years are up. :D

Thanks guys. I'm more than pleased with how our season started but even more so with how it ended :D.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2011/12 : Review

Evo-Stik League First Division South/Evo-Stik League First Division South progress/Evo-Stik League First Division South fixtures : With such a fantastic start under our belts, I wanted more of the same leading into the second half of the season…and I got just that as we romped home to the title by an impressive 17 points :D to give us Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division football next season for the first time in the clubs history! :D

FA Cup : We had an unbelievable run which saw us knock out 3 Blue Square Bet Premier League teams before Ipswich Town ended our fine run in the 3rd round. A great cup run for us though!

FA Trophy : We did well in this competition too as we reached the 3rd Qualifying round before Totton knocked us out.

Doodson Sports Cup : This was a bit of a Mickey Mouse Cup so I wasn’t too bothered that we went out quite early on in it. We still surpassed the board’s expectations though.

Evo-Stik Chairman’s Cup : This really was a just an end of the season game where we played the winners of the Evo-Stik League First Division North, Radcliffe Boro. We comfortably won it 2-0 thanks to goals from Deniss Magdelevics and Alan Lynch. It was that unimportant I didn’t even bother getting a screen shot!

Transfers : A massive amount of activity for us in the transfer market as players both came and went, the pick of them that came in being Alan Lynch, Jake Inglis, James Gilpin, Kieran Moloney, Richard Munday and former Southampton and West Brom man Pedro Miguel Cardoso Monteiro (or how he’s referred to, Pele, but I refuse to call him that so I call him by his full name!)

Squad : With so many players coming and going I did worry that we’d struggle to gel, but we showed no signs of that as the players proved they were the best in the league by claiming the title. Alan Lynch was our star man as he claimed 28 goals in 48 games while also finishing as runner up in the top goal scoring charts while our captain Richard Munday also did well as he grabbed himself 13 goals in 43 games from defence. Our left winger Kieran Moloney also did well as he reached double figures by netting 11 times and veteran Julian Joachim, who was already at the club when I arrived, rolled back the years as he scored 11 times too. He would’ve scored more if he wasn’t sidelined for 5 months with a torn calf muscle. One slightly worrying point though is the fact that all of our players aren’t on contracts as due to the league we’re in, I can’t offer any contracts. I’m hoping that during the off-season no clubs decide to come in for any of our players and we can keep hold of them before I can offer them new contracts in the new season.

Finances : Thanks to our great FA Cup run (and the fact that we only pay players as they play), our finances are looking decent as we sit with over £100k in the bank :D.

My views of the season… : It’s been an incredible season for us culminating in the league title and promotion to the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division, something which, given our pre-season predictions, I never expected.

My aims for next season… : There doesn’t seem to be much of a difference in quality between the Evo-Stik League First Division South and the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division so I feel that we’ve got more than enough quality in the squad (providing we can keep the players we have) to make an impression within the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division next season and I’ll be looking for us to establish ourselves within the division, maybe even sneaking a push for the play-offs.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       1st      League Champions

Great job so far Raware, hopefully your good form continues into next season! I've used James Gilpin myself and found him to be a very good goalkeeper for lower leagues.
Ahh James Gilpin. Used him in many a squad myself :)

He's been really consistent for me and at times has won us matches on his own. I was surprised that a player with such quality was available. Have you guys ever had Alan Lynch? I find that he seems head and shoulders above anyone else at this level.

A great 1st season, well done
Promoted. Congrats.
A brilliant first season,well done on promotion :D

Thanks guys :thup:

Brilliant promotion and even an impressive FA Cup run!

It's a pity you didn't draw a massive club in the third round.

I was even more amazed at our FA Cup run than our league win. It wouldv'e been nice to have drawn a real big name in the 3rd round but I guess I can't be too fussy seeing as we got so far.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2012/13 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division : Board expectation - Respectable league position : Media expectation - 9th (out of 22)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 4th Qualifying round

FA Trophy : 1st round

Alan Boon Cup : Not important

Transfer budget : £10k

Wage budget : £2k p/w

Current wage bill : £1.9k p/w

Season tickets sold : 38 (+3 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : With the board wanting a respectable league position and the media predicting us to finish 9th, I guess a top half finish is the aim. However, the bookies are contradicting this and have released their odds for the coming season which have placed us as joint favourites along with Lewes to win the league even with us being the new boys of the division. Myself…it seems like there isn’t much difference between the Evo-Stik League First Division South and the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division which leads me to feel quietly confident of mounting a second successive promotion push.

Good to see one of your threads back on the board, Raware :)

I shall be following, and I should wish you good luck, but considering you won the league at a canter, and got to the Third Round of The FA Cup, all in your first season, I think you're doing alright by yourself ;)

BTW, your home stadium (can I even call it a stadium?!) reminds me of the field they used to make us run round for our cross-country competition at school. There'd be a strategically placed teacher behind every tree to make sure no-one stopped for a crafty cigarette! :D

Why can I see this being a short career?

I'm not quite sure what you mean Flamers. A short career?

Good to see one of your threads back on the board, Raware.

I shall be following, and I should wish you good luck, but considering you won the league at a canter, and got to the Third Round of The FA Cup, all in your first season, I think you're doing alright by yourself.

BTW, your home stadium (can I even call it a stadium?!) reminds me of the field they used to make us run round for our cross-country competition at school. There'd be a strategically placed teacher behind every tree to make sure no-one stopped for a crafty cigarette!

Thanks AK. The league win was a bit of a surprise but the FA Cup run was something else and completely unexpected! It did help though that we had a relatively easy route to the Third round :D. I am kind of leaning towards your point in the GD thread in FMCU that you just posted about this years FM being 'easier' in comparison to other years. I don't think I would've acheived what I have in FM12 so far on FM11 or FM10.

As for our 'stadium' ;), that's exactly what it is...a field! I went to a few pre-season games this season and I'm sure I saw a few kids having a sneaky ciggy behind a tree :D. Seriously though, it took me half an hour to get a burger at the burger bar (it basically a shed that sells food) as they were cooking them individually on a single cooker! Now that's grass roots!

Seriously though, it took me half an hour to get a burger at the burger bar (it basically a shed that sells food) as they were cooking them individually on a single cooker! Now that's grass roots!

That sounds like the away end at Fratton Park too :D

Great promotion Raware! Surprized you were able to sign Gilpin as such a low level. Definitely will be a good goalkeeper for a few years to come still as you continue moving up.

Great start, congrats on the promotion :thup:

Thanks roganp.

Great promotion Raware! Surprized you were able to sign Gilpin as such a low level. Definitely will be a good goalkeeper for a few years to come still as you continue moving up.

Thanks cerud. I was a little surprised too as there were a few other clubs interested in him plus we couldn't offer a wage, only a pay as you play deal.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2012/13 : Mid-season update

Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division : It’s been another fantastic start to the season for us as we head the table by 9 points with 3 games in hand at the halfway point, dispelling any pre-season predictions of mid-table mediocrity. Much of that is again down to Alan Lynch who’s netted 13 times in 15 games (18 in 22 in all competitions) but also to our tight defence who have conceded just 15 goals, the lowest in the league.

Onto the cup competitions and put simply…we’re out of all of them. While we’ve not been as successful in the cups this season as we were last season, we’ve still done fairly well in them as we reached the 3rd round of the Alan Boon Cup, the 1st round of the FA Trophy and unfortunately we couldn’t match last seasons amazing FA Cup run as we went out in the 2nd Qualifying round :(. Still, the league was my first priority so I can’t say I’m too disappointed.

My aims for the remainder of the season… : Before we came into the new season, I was quietly confident of pushing for a second successive promotion…now, I’m very confident. If we throw it away now, I’ll be more than a little disappointed!

Wow,looks like your walking the league.

I know the bookies had us down as favourites for the league at the start of the season but I did expect a little more competition than we've currently had!

On your way up already surely.

I'm hoping so. To throw it away now would be very disappointing.

Great progress!

Lynch is certainly doing the business so far, how far do you think he can go up the pyramid with you?

I'm not sure how far Lynch could go as his stats aren't great and there doesn't sem to be much interest in him from bigger clubs. Yet he seems to have no problem finding the net. Just wondering if anyone else has had him in their squad and how he fared with them. I've never heard of him.

Walking the league there.

Hopefully you face stiffer opposition at the next level.

I'm slightly disappointed too despite our pre-season odds of favourites to win the league. I'd of liked a little more competition. I'm hoping we get more of a challenge at the next level too if we go up.

Best of luck getting to the top, great read so far
Thanks dagoonefan. I think once we hit the BSP or League Two, things will definitely start to become more difficult in reaching the top. Glad you're enjoying the read so far :thup:

I love all of your threads

The one is Asia was amazing and looking forward to another great thread :) How far are you away from the bsp?

Thanks buzz2k7 :D. We're in the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division at the minute. The next league up is the Blue Square North/South and the league above that is the Blue Square Premier, so only two off the BSP.

You're making this look too easy Raware..... :D

I wasn't sure about the step up in quality from the Evo-Stik League First Division South to the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division but once the bookies released their odds for the season and placed us as favourites even though we're the new boys in the league, it leads me to believe that there can't be much difference in quality. It may also touch on AK's point in the GD discussion thread here in FMCU about FM12 being a little easier. I'm finding that once we string a few wins together, morale is sky high and that coupled with having a few decent players is enough to carry you through. It'll probably all be different once we hit a higher level (e.g BSN/BSP) but for now it does seem a little easier...not that I'm complaining though :D;).

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2012/13 : Review

Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division/Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division progress/Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division fixtures : After a great first half of the season for us, I was very confident of us pushing on in the second half of it to try and claim a second successive promotion…and we did, taking the league title by a massive 28 points! While I was confident that we’d have no problem settling in the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division, I didn’t expect us to take the league by that many points; not that I’m complaining! We found goals easy to come by again as Alan Lynch smashed in 21 league goals in 37 games and we carried on what we’re fast being associated for and that’s keeping clean sheets as we only conceded 33 goals, the lowest in the league.

FA Cup : No repeat of last seasons heroics as Droylsden knocked us out at the 2nd Qualifying round stage.

FA Trophy : We went a round further this year as we reached the 1st round before Blue Square Bet North side Tamworth knocked us out after we took them to a replay.

Alan Boon Cup : Another Mickey Mouse Cup which I wasn’t bothered about, hence why we went out in the 3rd round.

Transfers : We lost a few key players at the start of the season as we couldn’t offer any contracts until we went up but my scouts definitely earned their money this season as we managed to bring in some good players. In came Levi Bowyer from Hastings United for free, ex-Leeds United youngster Liam Darville, Ben Davisson (who left later on in the season), ex-Reading youngster Thomas Lyskov, ex-Everton youngsters Gerard Kinsella and Adam Thomas, ex-Manchester United youngster Andeele Martins, Antons Kurakins (who had a brief spell at Celtic but didn’t play any games), ex-Tottenham Hotspur youngsters Laste Dombaxe and Jake Nicholson, ex-West Ham youngster Sebastian Lletget and Ricky Ravenhill and ex-Bolton striker Michael Ricketts who brought a bit of experience into the squad.

Squad : The squad had a bit of a different look to it this season compared to last season…but for the better as we walked the league by an impressive 28 points. Alan Lynch was once again our star man as his goals proved vital for us as he hit 26 goals in 44 games, taking him to 44 league goals for us, just 3 off the club record held by Matt Gardner while also finishing 3rd in the top goal scoring charts. Andeele Martins also did well for us in his first season as he managed to grab himself 13 goals as did our captain Jake Inglis who got 6 goals as well as some important assists throughout the season.

Finances : How things can change in a season! From comfortably sitting in the black, we’re now well into debt as we sit £-137k in the red. This though is due to us now paying players on contracts (not per game as last season) and not receiving the prize money that we received last season from our great FA Cup run. Hopefully though, with us in the Blue Square Bet North next season it can generate a bit more cash for us.

My views of the season… : I can have no complaints about this season as we secured a second successive promotion plus we managed to tie down a few of our key players on 1-2 year contracts giving us some stability in the squad.

My aims for next season… : We should definitely have enough quality in the squad for us to establish ourselves in the Blue Square Bet North next season and relegation shouldn’t even be a thought for us. If anything, given our previous meetings with teams in this league, I think we’re more than a match for most of them, if not better and I’ll be looking for us to make a push for the play-offs to try and attempt a third consecutive promotion.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       1st      League Champions
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     1st      League Champions

Archived