My Luton Adventure

dcu223

In FM 2011 i concentrated on Man Utd so for FM 12 i have decided to play Luton.

Season 1 Final Table (Blue Square Premier Champions)

20112012-1.jpg

Season 2 Final Table (Won Promotion to League 1)

20122013-1.jpg

Season 3 Final Table (Consolidated in League 1)

20132014-1.jpg

Season 4 Final Table ( Improved position in League 1)

20142015-1.jpg

We go up to the Prem with a Championshipside side and despite making 1.5m per month profit were 50k over our max wage budget. Only option was to tackle the prem with a Championship side and it was no surprise we went down. We now sit with 20mil in the bank looking to bounce back at the first attempt.

20182019.jpg

Season 2022-2023

Superb season as we consolidated in Premiership despite losing 2 first players to bigger clubs and also winning the clubs Second League Cup victory with a win over Wolves in the final. We have our eyes on that top 4 spot.

20222023.jpg

Season 2023-2024

Weve improved on last years position and the board are increasing the ground by another 4000 seats and are attempting to buy the stadium. Things are looking good.

20232024.jpg

Season 2024-2025

After the sale of my talisman striker i had to replace several players and ended up bringing in a group of the best players available to the tune of 40m plus. After 4 games we had played 4 lost and i was worried but after my new south american players adjusted i went on a great run up the league to my alltime high league position and also bagged my second trophy with a second league cup win. I am aiming for top 4 this coming season..

20242025.jpg

Really enjoying your updates mate. Cracking career with Luton :thup:

Looking at the last league table, you clearly have no issue with scoring goals, but you have a leaky defence. So all in all, a great team to watch as a neutral! :D

True mate - I think its because in general my team are young and you tend to get better results from young midfielder and attackers earlier than you do the defenders and GK.

Hopefully we can tighten up a but soon..

Season 2025-2026

Good Season but norrowly missed out on Champions League Football. My strikers are nothing less than world class having scored over 30 goals this season and wanted by the Big Spanish 2. But They will not be leaving but will lead the hatters to Domestic and European Glory.

20252026.jpg

Season 2026-2027

Although we lost 2 of our best players for 23M and 16M we still managed to finish in an impressive 5th place. It is only a matter of time before we get that elusive 4th place.

20262027.jpg

'Come on Looo-un'!

For anyone not familiar with the dialect of the average Lutonian, that's actually how the natives pronounce Luton. 'Loooo-un' is about the closest you can get to describing it anyway! :D

As many people on here know, I have a soft spot for Luton Town as I've always lived not that far from the place and some of my wife's family are supporters. They were always my FL club until, well, you know.......

Great to see your impressive progress with this save! Can we maybe see some squad details now? Just who are your best players would be cool and what formation and tactic you are playing roughly speaking. That would be interesting.

Can you get St. Albans City as a feeder club? Good local club with which to bring through some young talent maybe? ;)

I will post some Squad details and Tactics in a few days - In regards to feeder clubs i managed to get Dunstable as thats where i live - 5 mins down the road from the Town.

COME ON LU (no T) ON

Ok After a Request from Crouchadinho here is the Tactic i am playing and here is my curreny first 11. My Tactic Origins are from FM10 when the ME favored narrow formations so i developed a 3-2-2-3 Formation. However with the FM11 rebalance my 3-2-2-3 just got hammered from crosses so i had to convert it to the 4-1-2-3. I have not needed to change it since. On FM11 i managed to top the world all-time Hall of fame. With Luton i think i will probably feel that i have achieved after winning the World Club Cup.

Tactic

tactic.jpg

My Goalkeeper

gkbordon.jpg

You can also follow my Online Clan which happens to be the biggest and best on SI. There are 2 threads as we have 2 games running. I am in the Premiership Glory Clan

Premiership Glory Thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278915-Premiership-Glory-Clan-2012/page2

Underdogs Thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276511-The-Underdogs/page2

Premiership Glory Website

http://premiershipgloryclan.com/

Underdogs Website

http://theunderdogclan.ezweb123.com/#

Season 2027-2028

Good season overall bearing in mind we had to sell 2 of our best players to city for 40Mil , We also reached the clubs first European Final Losing to Valencia in the Europa League. My Team are all below there Peak so next year it can only get better as long as i dont get any bids in that i have to accept.

20272028c.jpg

2031 - 2032

Was in contention for Champions League Place but by chairman decided to sell 2 big guns above my head leaving us short. Nothing available on the market so finished the season off short of players hence the poor finish. Still we qualified for Europa League. We go again next year. Come on you hatters..

20312032.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2032-2033

Agains frustration this season - Having got to 2nd and looking good for a title challenge with Arsenal my board go and sell one of my Centre defenders. To compound the issue my squad is already smaller than is should be due to lack of funds at the club and we get his by a speight of injuries. Saying that still qualified for Europe. Lets see if i can get that lucrative Champions League Spot.

20322033.jpg

2033 - 2034

Despite a Injury Hit Season we performed much better qualifying again for Champions League. Need to try and qualify year after year now and maybe get that elusive Premiership League Title.

20332034.jpg

• 1 month later...

2034 - 2035

Very poor 1st half to the season saw us slip to mid table. This may of been due to Champions League football. However with a change in direction with team talks we stormed the 2nd half of the season which saw us win another League Cup and get to the final of the champions League. When our best player gets injured for 6 weeks on the last day of the season effected our chances and lost in the final to Arsenal 1-0.

This coming season we will challenge for the title i am sure.

20342035.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2035 - 2036

After a dissapointing season last yeay we decided to introduce a more defensive tactic to the town. Results have been good narrowly missing out on the Champions League place and losing in the Europa League Final to Seville which was undeserved.

My Squad is very young and i think this next season will show real improvement again. I expect a top 4 place and some silverware but we will see.

20352036.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2036 - 2037

20362037.jpg

Devastated. Overall we had a great season, Won the League and Europa Cup with Luton. However in the league we were level on points with Arsenal who had better GD.

We had 2 games to play in Liverpool away and Everton at home so all we needed was a point against liverpool to keep the title in our own hands. We lost 2-1.

I was hoping that Arsenal had Liverpool or man utd away last game. It turns out they had bottom place coventry at home. Bugger.

Ah well - Next season should be our year.

Belly.

You have done a great job with the Hatters and so close to the title, those lucky bloody gooners.:(

Overall a great season anyway with the cup wins.

Archived