+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scheduling Broken?

Amateur

Default Scheduling Broken?

As Arsenal, my team is still in the FA Cup, and CL in May. I've had a few PL games rescheduled as a result. After we finished the CL semifinal, we have:

Sunday - away at Everton.
    Tuesday - away at Chelsea.
    Thursday - home to Fulham.
    Sunday - FA Cup final vs. Liverpool.

Seriously? That's three matches in five days!! Does this happen in real life? My guys will be on crutches by the time we get to the FA Cup final! Plus, we need to get results in all of these PL games to win the title.

Reserves

It probably is odd and in real life, it probably wouldn't happen because if it did the team would voice their concerns. What seems to have happened is it keeps rescheduling games and it has now got to the stage where it can't reschedule them and it's had to force you to play them on those days. Sunday/Tuesday game seems reasonable, but then having a one day rest is a bit harsh but does happen. Crystal Palace had to play 2 games in three days the other day.

Amateur

Yeah, I think the hard deadline on moving games is the CL final, which is only 6 days after my last PL game. But I wish the game had a 'petition league for reschedule' option I could use, or at least some way for me to talk to the press about how harsh the scheduling is (like Mancini did last week for the Carling Cup game vs. Arsenal). But these are important games, not Carling Cup!

Amateur

Now Aaron Ramsey has been called up for Wales for a match that is scheduled for the same day as the Champions League final!!! What the hell?

Third Team

olympic games final - wembley - saturday
    community shield - wembley - sunday

crazy, lost a good 6 players due to traveling (what?) because it was GB v mexico for the community shield

Amateur

I managed to get to the point where I had 5 games in 10 days because of the rescheduling.

Not the most enjoyable time of my career

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Zoetermeer View Post
    Now Aaron Ramsey has been called up for Wales for a match that is scheduled for the same day as the Champions League final!!! What the hell?
    This shouldn't happen but I could see the original fixture pile up happening considering you had two long cup runs, and especially if some of the FA Cup ties went to replays.

Amateur

Well you know, back then when I tried to make a new team in 2011, and go win almost everything in England from the lowest league, I once had 10 game in 10 days. Yes, day by day for 10 matchs at the end of the seasons. I think it is because each competition has a date limit, for ex the 1st round must end before the xx of yy. So when you win everything, AI has no choice but to fit everything in tiny space.

Amateur

The craziest thing I've seen in relation to this is that I was playing in the FA Cup Final on a Wednesday evening (7.45pm kickoff) and still had 2 more PL games to play.

Very weird.

+ Reply to Thread