Data - Current English Research Vacancies

• SI Staff

SI are looking out for experienced FM gamers to research their team for any future data updates for FM2008, and also for FM2009 and beyond. Applicants will have both a huge passion for and extensive knowledge of their club. Vacancies are for the following English clubs:

Accrington Stanley

Bristol Rovers

Colchester United

Doncaster Rovers

Huddersfield Town

Northwich Victoria

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Would any objective season ticket holder or regular matchgoer like to help? The task involves giving as-accurate-as-possible ratings to every aspect of each player’s game, including reserves and youth players, plus keeping us up to date of all transfers at the club, as well as their financial position. In fact, if it is in the database for your club, we want your help to keep it updated! We would expect you to consider yourself THE authority on your club, rather than being a passive observer of them.

The work involves a thrice-yearly thorough working through of the data file, using a provided editing package that is simple to use.

The rest of the year, we obviously need to be kept up to date with transfers and contract news, as well as info on the club debts/finances, so that every bit of information that FM uses about your club is as accurate as it can be. That is the task of the researcher to provide the info, and to be up to date with the news there.

So, it will be the appointed researcher's call as to how your manager's designated formations, or your first-team goalkeeper's decisions attribute read in the expected post-transfer window data update for FM2008. We do need that person to follow (or watch, if possible) the reserves so that we can accurately simulate their abilities in our game too. (For the Arsenal researcher role, you *must* know the qualities of the reserve and youth players as well as the obvious about the first-team). We would prefer the researcher to be a local to the town, to be best positioned to attend as many games as possible.

In the last year we have successfully appointed new researchers for many clubs, including a large majority of those from appeals to these forums.

We do not pay, unfortunately, though we do provide a free advanced copy of FM2009, as well as integrate all researchers to our research team.

Please email me if you are in a position to lend a hand. Your help would be much appreciated.

Gripper

English Research team

Sports Interactive

dean.gripton@sigames.com

* If you are interested in contributing to research for clubs lower than the Conference (Blue Square Premier) then please post in the Non-League Data Issues thread here..

The Data Issues Forum contains threads relating to data for all countries - please visit and post there if you would like to help with the research in those countries.

• SI Staff

SI are looking out for experienced FM gamers to research their team for any future data updates for FM2008, and also for FM2009 and beyond. Applicants will have both a huge passion for and extensive knowledge of their club. Vacancies are for the following English clubs:

Accrington Stanley

Bristol Rovers

Colchester United

Doncaster Rovers

Huddersfield Town

Northwich Victoria

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Would any objective season ticket holder or regular matchgoer like to help? The task involves giving as-accurate-as-possible ratings to every aspect of each player’s game, including reserves and youth players, plus keeping us up to date of all transfers at the club, as well as their financial position. In fact, if it is in the database for your club, we want your help to keep it updated! We would expect you to consider yourself THE authority on your club, rather than being a passive observer of them.

The work involves a thrice-yearly thorough working through of the data file, using a provided editing package that is simple to use.

The rest of the year, we obviously need to be kept up to date with transfers and contract news, as well as info on the club debts/finances, so that every bit of information that FM uses about your club is as accurate as it can be. That is the task of the researcher to provide the info, and to be up to date with the news there.

So, it will be the appointed researcher's call as to how your manager's designated formations, or your first-team goalkeeper's decisions attribute read in the expected post-transfer window data update for FM2008. We do need that person to follow (or watch, if possible) the reserves so that we can accurately simulate their abilities in our game too. (For the Arsenal researcher role, you *must* know the qualities of the reserve and youth players as well as the obvious about the first-team). We would prefer the researcher to be a local to the town, to be best positioned to attend as many games as possible.

In the last year we have successfully appointed new researchers for many clubs, including a large majority of those from appeals to these forums.

We do not pay, unfortunately, though we do provide a free advanced copy of FM2009, as well as integrate all researchers to our research team.

Please email me if you are in a position to lend a hand. Your help would be much appreciated.

Gripper

English Research team

Sports Interactive

dean.gripton@sigames.com

* If you are interested in contributing to research for clubs lower than the Conference (Blue Square Premier) then please post in the Non-League Data Issues thread here..

The Data Issues Forum contains threads relating to data for all countries - please visit and post there if you would like to help with the research in those countries.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover:

Anytime you need a researcher for Sporting Club Newton Abbot - I'm yer man! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres a Sporting Club Newton Abbot ? haha, I knew about Newton Abbot Spurs but never them, regardless Newton Abbot is just a satellite town of Torquay, you should all support the mighty Gulls as we return to the league! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The 92nd Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover:

Anytime you need a researcher for Sporting Club Newton Abbot - I'm yer man! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres a Sporting Club Newton Abbot ? haha, I knew about Newton Abbot Spurs but never them, regardless Newton Abbot is just a satellite town of Torquay, you should all support the mighty Gulls as we return to the league! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAH! Not a chance mate!

Newton Abbot has: -

Newton Abbot

Newton Spurs

Newton United

Newton Town

Sporting Club Newton Abbot.

This is Sporting's 1st ever season and already we have 5 teams (including mini-soccer)! icon_redface.gif

I'm fed up of having to use the editor to put us in FM. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carlos1879:

I cant imagine there being too many objective season ticket holders about really, I would gladly apply if my teams reseacher position became available but we would then win the CL beating every team 10-0 lol icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only it worked like that icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Original:

What a supprise SI can't find a Arsenal researcher who knows much about the actual team or goes to reserve and youth games icon_wink.gif

you just can't get a good prawn sarnie at such games.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, very good.

I'm suprised the Watford position isn't there seeing as SI personel said they'd had problems with it this year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmyweir384:

very interested in huddersfield town. how do i apply please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Town fan too, only I'm 14, so I can't research - I hope you're an avid Town fan ... who goes week in week out as if you were to take on the role you'd massively effect my enjoyment one way or the other! If you're a town fan are you a member on www.datm.co.uk?

Cheers. Happy Christmas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilJay:

I will happily research Burnt Toast FC for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean by this? who are burnt toast fc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BARNESDON:

Any idea who does MK DONS?

If it ever comes up i would like to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I belive its Ronald McDonald does it.

And id quite hwapily do McDons if it comes up, sure they would be at the standard of U*'s, but hey ho, nobody is perfect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BARNESDON:

If you were a Wimbledon supporter and come from Barnes shame on you for supporting a franchised club. Your loyalties should be with AFC Wimbledon now irrespective of their lowly status of Rymans Premier. Its called supporting your local club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

Get over yourself, he'll support who he wishes to support and doesn't need to be told who to support by you.

I doubt he wants to stand on the afc terraces season after season with a bunch of jumped up t*ssers all with a chip on their shoulder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. That's one of the main reasons one of my exes' attempt to make me a West Ham fan failed.

That and I'm a Swindon Town boy through and through.

West Country, la la la. West Country, la la la la...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Batterseadon:

If you were a Wimbledon supporter and come from Barnes shame on you for supporting a franchised club. Your loyalties should be with AFC Wimbledon now irrespective of their lowly status of Rymans Premier. Its called supporting your local club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell has it got to do with you like?!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gripper:

Accrington Stanley

Arsenal

Bristol Rovers

Doncaster Rovers

Huddersfield Town

Northwich Victoria

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Gripper

English Research team

Sports Interactive

dean.gripton@sigames.com

The Data Issues Forum contains threads relating to data for all countries - please visit and post there if you would like to help with the research in those countries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gripper

I have emailed you regarding the Arsenal researcher, hope it still open.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Batterseadon:

If you were a Wimbledon supporter and come from Barnes shame on you for supporting a franchised club. Your loyalties should be with AFC Wimbledon now irrespective of their lowly status of Rymans Premier. Its called supporting your local club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No i'm from mk and proud- i don't think this board is for politics.

I'm a huge FOREST fan and ive been a season ticket holder for 8 years! i also go to quite a few away games. If u ever need someone to research 'the reds' im your man.

btw on fm Forest's nickname is the 'tricky trees!'. That is total rubbish!!!!!! Whoever put that on the game didn't know what they were on about! Thats almost as bad as calling us NOTTS forest!!!!!!!

so i believe i have what it takes to be the forest researcher! icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FOREST_4_EVA!!!:

PS: I dislike McDons. They claim they won the FA cup etc, but wimbledon won those cups and if anyone they should belong 2 AFC.

Also sports interactive r AFC Wimbledon's Shirt sponsor! LOL!

What happened to that rap singer, ian Harvey or whatever he's called, cos he played for AFC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This Forum is NOT the place to discuss your opinions on MK Dons.

Thanks for your interest in the Nottingham Forest research, but as a new user you are excused not knowing that there is an active Forest thread in the Data Issues Forum, in whch the current Forest researcher is very active. There is no vacancy for that role at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The 92nd Fish:

Theres a Sporting Club Newton Abbot ? haha, I knew about Newton Abbot Spurs but never them, regardless Newton Abbot is just a satellite town of Torquay, you should all support the mighty Gulls as we return to the league! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with 92nd Fish. C'mon you Yellows

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by air621:

Let me know if you need a Toronto FC researcher icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They the ones Sheff Wed have a link with?

Hello there,

I'm interested in becoming a researcher for Wimborne Town Football Club who are located in Wimborne Minster near Bournemouth.

They play in the Wessex Premier Division, however, if they finish in the top 4 this season they will be promoted to the Southern League South & West Division. They are currently 3rd and are expected to finish there or there abouts.

I attend every one of Wimborne's home matches and also many of their away games and have done so for the past 10 years so i am very knowledgeable about the club.

I am willing to dedicate a fair bit of time to this as Wimborne are a club I am very passionate about.

Many Thanks

-Sorry for the essay icon_wink.gif

WimborneTownFan - your best bet is to email Ben Laughlin - nonleagueben@yahoo.co.uk to see if he needs help with them but bear in mind they are 3 leagues below a playable division and are not eligible for the FA Trophy, therefore it may not be seen as a priority.

There are Conf N/S clubs, and the three feeder leagues, without researchers so this is where the majority of non league research time is prioritised.

By the way, there is certainly no guarantee whatsoever that 4th placed finishers will progress to the BGB South & West league this season.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barside:

If only I had the time to attend youth/reserve fixtures.

Damn you day job icon_mad.gif, why do I need to turn up to get paid? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barside - if you consider yourself a Colchester United know-all - then by all means apply. Or at least chat to me about the role first before ruling yourself out. Watching the reserves and youths is desirable, but not necessary, to be a fantastic researcher for us, as long as you keep aware of those sides, and are active in seeking out info on those players.

Gripper - I would never consider myself a Colchester know it all, I just adopted them 14 or so years ago because I live more or less on Layer Road & believe in supporting (by attending) your local team.

I will however consider the researcher role.

One question I have is how do the current crop of researchers collate the non footballing information such as club finances, contract information & so on considering the almost MI5 levels of secrecy football clubs operate?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barside:

One question I have is how do the current crop of researchers collate the non footballing information such as club finances, contract information & so on considering the almost MI5 levels of secrecy football clubs operate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Common sense, local press (often reveal some details) and keeping aware of talk about the club.

Archived