Cant win/score/keep the ball,attack,defend or anything HELP this is just crap

This game is ridiculous.

So I get Gloucester promoted in my first season from BSN to BSP, it wasn't an easy season and on pretty much no money.

Ive kept the majority of players i had last season, brought i quite a lot of new faces, i know they need time to gel etc.

But this is just ridiculous and i have ran out of ideas. I have played these games since 2003 and i have never had a problem like this before.

10 games into the season I have scored 2 goals, lost every match, and let in 32 goals.

Almost every game somebody gets sent off, in some cases 2 or 3.

In them 10 matches I have had 6 shots at goal.

This is totally taking all the fun out of the game, i dont mind loosing but no matter what i do i makes no difference, i just get whopped everytime, never having the ball longer than a few seconds.

My team isnt even bad and have quite a few good players.

I wont quit the game as i want to get through this, but has anyone got any advice or experienced the same?

ATM the game for me is just crap

ive tried 442 443 541 in fact ive tried every combination of tactic and formation there is and no matter what they play crap, they possiby have to be the worst team i have ever seen, yet last season they dominated this season they dont even fight.

I have also re loaded the game and saved then restarted.

10 games into the season I have scored 2 goals, lost every match, and let in 32 goals.

wow. Sounds really shockingly bad. I couldn't help but give a little snigger at this statistic. I know what its like to be in a game like that it happened to me as Bristol Rovers in FM 09 i just kept playing to see how many games i could lose in a row, unfortunately i got sacked after 13 or so.

Don't know what you should do though. What are your possession statistics like on average? The only thing I would suggest is just to reset your tactics and try to keep things simple. Use a DM or 2 even as this should help recycle possession for your team and set passing to shorter rather than direct.

This game is ridiculous.

So I get Gloucester promoted in my first season from BSN to BSP, it wasn't an easy season and on pretty much no money.

Ive kept the majority of players i had last season, brought i quite a lot of new faces, i know they need time to gel etc.

But this is just ridiculous and i have ran out of ideas. I have played these games since 2003 and i have never had a problem like this before.

Almost every game somebody gets sent off, in some cases 2 or 3.

In them 10 matches I have had 6 shots at goal.

This is totally taking all the fun out of the game, i dont mind loosing but no matter what i do i makes no difference, i just get whopped everytime, never having the ball longer than a few seconds.

My team isnt even bad and have quite a few good players.

I wont quit the game as i want to get through this, but has anyone got any advice or experienced the same?

ATM the game for me is just crap

ive tried 442 443 541 in fact ive tried every combination of tactic and formation there is and no matter what they play crap, they possiby have to be the worst team i have ever seen, yet last season they dominated this season they dont even fight.

I have also re loaded the game and saved then restarted.

i'm very surprised that you didn't manage to score with 12 men on the pitch :D

On a serious note though - I have had something similar. In my first season on the game as Sheffield Wednesday, I was very comfortably reaching promotion and had a great cup run. Sudden;y, I lost in the cup (excepted) and went on to win 1 in 15 or 16 I think it was, before finally being sacked. I couldn't believe it.

I think a lot of it is to do with morale. A lot of people complain about its effects but I think its very realistic (how many times do we watch match of teh day with comments like "when you're down at the bottom it just doesn't go for you"). IF you happen to have a couple of bad games, then that run will carry on unless you can pick morale up. Try a team meeting (be careful - it can do more harm than good) to lift that little bit. Also, don't tweak everything because it won't help. STick to what you've been successful with in your system, because if it worked one season, it can't suddenly become a rubbish system.

You have been promoted and have gone up a standard so you should expect the challenge to be harder, You also say that you have a lot of new players and have tried every tactic and formation in 10 games, so it is no wonder that your team cant perform. Pick a tactic, find the right players for it, remembering that you are playing better teams than last year and stick with it to give your players a chance. if you get the chance, arrange a friendly against a weak team to give them some confidence and dont shout at them when they lose.

make sure your players dont dive into tackles too often. a jump up in standard will make your players look slow and lumbering, just ripe for mistimed tackles and sendings off.

play a slow, defensive style that relys on counterattack to steady the ship. then you can slowly change your tactics to a more expansive game as your team starts to pick up points and players get more confident/better morale.

Archived