FM12 - Jamil Adam - over a goal per game for 4 seasons, for free!

clokey1988

Jamil Adam probably needs no introduction to anyone who has played much lower league Football Manager as he has been a monster for years. But this year is no different, and as he just fired my Luton Town team all the way to the Premiership with four successive promotions, I figured he still deserves a thread of his own.

He is available on a free transfer at the beginning of the game, and will accept wages of around 1000 pounds per week.

His only preferred move is "Runs with ball through centre". My assistant has been telling me to teach him "places shots", but I haven't as I like players without either of the PPMs affecting their finishing. Maybe he would be even better with it though, who knows?

Here is him at the end of the first season (in the Conference):

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes.png

Second season (League 2):

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes-2.png

Third season (League 1):

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes-3.png

Fourth season (Championship):

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes-4.png

And here's his career league history:

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/lgunibrow88/JamilAdamHistory_CareerStats-2.png

As you can see, he has improved at a rate of knots as he has stepped up through the leagues. I must credit Fabio MVP for his excellent training schedules which have allowed him to develop... you can download these schedules here (hope Fabio MVP doesn't mind me linking to them, if you are reading this Fabio MVP and want the link removed let me know!):

http://www.4shared.com/file/5f2-x3NP/Fabio_MVP_s_Training_Schedules.html

Put him on the advanced forward schedule and watch him fly!

Basically, a guy that can be signed for nothing on a low wage, score a goal a game in every league up to the Premiership and be sold for a huge profit (look how much he is worth in the fourth screen shot, and a few clubs have registered "major" interest in him so presumably they would be willing to bid above his valuation).

Cheers.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well ask this in here I suppose - looking at his stats, do you think he could do a job in the Premiership (in the fourth season, not the first obviously!)?

I want to let him try because of how awesome he has been for me, but at the same time I am tempted to cash in and get some proven or high potential players with the money (bear in mind that Luton Town aren't exactly flush with cash and a fee of, saaay, 7.5 million ish could probably go a long way to rebuilding the squad).

Cheers.

Looks like he's been outstanding for you! Especially if he's still performing in the championship!

Have you been promoted to the premiership? Wondering if he could do the same there.

Yes, I've been promoted. Mainly thanks to him :D

He's scored plenty of goals against Premiership teams in the cups (we got to the semi-finals of both League and FA cups in the fourth season), but that's not really the same. I don't know whether to give him a chance or cash in now while his valuation is high. Decisions, decisions....

Cheers.

He managed to grow a face between season one and two!

He has stats in the right place to succeed in the PL in my opinon, but there will be much better options around in the form of regens, who will cost very little. Obviously he has more value due to his history with the club, so would make a decent enough backup I guess.

He managed to grow a face between season one and two!

Via the magic of downloading :)

He has stats in the right place to succeed in the PL in my opinon, but there will be much better options around in the form of regens, who will cost very little. Obviously he has more value due to his history with the club, so would make a decent enough backup I guess.

I'm trying to avoid regens if at all possible, at least for a few seasons - I want to establish us in the Prem with real players as much as I can... if it's possible, anyway!

Cheers.

What a player. He's unbelievable in the non-leagues, but I've never seem him develop as well as that - kudos. I wouldn't tell him to place his shots. The best thing about him, aside from his pace and skill allowing him to brilliantly run at teams and tear them apart on his own, is his amazing technique, which gives him a great range of shots - he'll score some lovely chips, smash in screamers from outside the area and, at times, tuck it gently into the corner. I'd just let him do his thing. The problem is that he's probably only going to become a Championship level player or better if he's given regular starts every year, so he's not really a great prospect for higher level teams to try and raise, I would say.

He is an awesome player for free, signed him for Elgin City in the scottish 3rd division got over 60 goals in 2 seasons, 2 promotions then Hibernian came in with a 100k offer wich was too good to turn down but he hasnt even played a game for them yet

He's doing okay in the Premiership. 5 goals and 5 assists in 15 games, average rating of 7.35 so playing well. His season was interrupted by broken ribs in the second game so he missed 4 weeks but now he is back and doing well. He's also established himself as an Ireland regular, even scored a goal against England! He's still improving as well, his link-up play is superb even though his stats wouldn't really suggest he would do well in that area.

I'll post a screen shot at the end of the season, I'm only at Christmas at the moment as uni work is taking up most of my spare time right now.

Cheers.

What training programme do you have him on Clokey?

Check the first post in this thread - there's a link to the ones I've been using (full credit Fabio MVP). Also I always put him on intensive training on whichever of his attacking attributes are lowest at the time, then change it when that attribute improves (e.g. have him on special training for finishing, then when that goes up, composure, then off the ball, then back to finishing).

Cheers.

Signed him for Peterhead and he was rubbish for about 6 months but I persisted with him and he has turned into a bit of a machine scoring 10 goals in 16 games alongside Rory Mcallister, my team is now top of the league, although I am going to lose him at the end of the season because we cannot meet his wage demads etc. Part-time footballers having agents are ridiculous!

I signed him for my Alloa side in the Scottish 3rd division. I've achieved two promotions in two seasons and his stats were as following.

Season 11/12 (3rd div.) - P 40 Goals 42 Assists 14 MoM 10 Avrg Rating 7.83

Season 12/13 (2nd div.) - P 34 (2) Goals 34 Assists 8 MoM 10 Avrg Rating 7.65

And now I'm in the 1st division and he's still banging them in.

Season 13/14 (1st div.) - P 8 Goals 7 Assists 2 MoM Avrg Rating 7.57

He's outstanding.

For the first two seasons I played him up front with Pablo Counago whom was also a beast for me, scoring a little bit less than Jamil but giving more assists.

I lost Pablo after the 2nd season to some spanish side as he wasn't interested in renewing his deal, so now I'm playing him as a lone striker in a counter attacking system. He's still doing good though.

I think it's fair to say he can definitely perform in the Premiership:

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes-5.png

In fairness, his goals per game ratio is a little misleading as 5 of his 12 league goals have come in his last 2 games. But as you can see from his assists and average rating he still turns in good performances even when he isn't banging in a goal every week.

Has anyone else noticed he always seems to hit a good run of form around the turn of the new year? I'm wondering if it has something to do with his high stamina rating meaning he stays fresh when the fixtures pile up and defenders are tired.

He's currently 40 or so goals away from breaking the Luton record for most league goals scored. What a guy :)

Cheers.

I've mostly been using this tactic (full credit to donhughberto, it's an excellent tactic although I switched the corners up as it scored too many for my liking):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/284224-Tackiller-FM2012-works-with-latest-patch

It's a classic tactic so no roles. He usually starts on the right of the two attackers for me but I have set them to swap over during the match.

Cheers.

I decided to take a gamble on him for the SPL on my Aberdeen save based on what I saw of him in clokey's opening post. So far he's rewarded me with 3 goals and 2 assists from his 5 league appearances so far :thup:

Cheers Clokey1988, if he turns out like he has for your Luton side, I'll be delighted with him.

this guy is scoring so many goals, sitting on top of scottish div 3 by 12 points... with east stirlingshire, this guy is banging them in

and 1000 a week? i got him on way less then that.

i'll screenie him later, he isn't my teams top scorer but him and one of my midfielders bang them in on a regualr basis

21751F3D8A8010E750F739C40F742067A282860B

only had him half a season, banging them in like crazy, he scored a great goals in 4-5-1 which i use against better opposition, as well as plenty in my regular 4-4-2

injured currently, team drew 1-1 after that but came back to winning ways so, not really missing him too much

got him a new 2 year contract on £130 a week with goalscoring bonus

he popped up in my sisters huddersfield save playing in league 1 :D

Archived