Why is it Hardcoded that Arsenal Can't Ever Win Anything?

Every year I am right there but cannot win. Twice we have lost in the Champions League final, this year to Tottenham (??). Every year we lose the Premier League to Man U by an average of 2 points, usually because we blow an easy game late in the year. This cannot be by accident. Clearly the developers have hardcoded the game to make sure Arsenal never actually win any trophies.

Squeaky bum time. Arsenal's squad IS hardcoded not to handle it because they haven't in the past. Try to replace them with more Determined and mentally robust players. And find a way to keep them motivated and focused the final two months of the league using team talks and private chats.

I posted a thread earlier about who has won what now im in 2025.

Arsenal have 2 Prem titles (by 2pts and 5pts), twice runners up (by 2pts and 14pts) , only Man Utd won more titles (6).

One FA Cup win and 2 Euro Cup wins.

Half the problem on my save though would be that for six years Arsenal had Steve McLaren in charge.

The most unrealistic things about Arsenal is that they have 6 players in the current England squad..

find a way to keep them motivated and focused the final two months of the league using team talks and private chats.

Should I do this with any team I'm managing? I mean, are team talks and private chats really that important? Serious question from an inexperienced player :)

Buddy, i feel you. I always pick Arsenal and never really won anything other than the Carling cup who nobody cares about. I'm now watching all my matches on full 3d, requires lots of time but at least i know why the hell am I losing sometimes. After watching half a season on full 3d, one thing I noticed is that the current defenders do not have enough concentration to play the Arsenal style football. Mertesaeker loses his man too often, picks the wrong passes and its freaking slow too. Exactly how he is in real life! how realistic... Selling him next season for sure. Kolscieny is good at tackling but his decision and concentration isnt good either. That leaves Vermaelen who isnt a world class defender either but only a decent one for Arsenal. Djorou is completely useless, has no mental skills whatsoever.

I've done the quadruple with Arsenal before. Mind you, that was on FM11 and in 2036-2037.

It's probably your tactics.

Thats already when no real life players are still playing.. all the top euro teams probably have crappy new gens making the game very unbalanced. Which is why I play on full 3d, study the opponent well and be a real manager. takes me at least a month to get through half a season. Whats the point of playing with Ricardo Messi instead of having "the" Lionel Messi!

Yeah, my midfield and forwards are very good, but I've got to do something about the defense. I did get Simon Kjaer who's pretty good, and Sime Vrsaljko on the cheap, who looks like he will be a very good right back. Kieran Gibbs -- who knows? One season my AM thinks he's 4-star potential, next season he's 2.5.

It is so expensive to buy really good defenders, however, I'm not sure how I can really improve things given my budget (I try to always keep my balance above $100m).

**** Arsenal fans.

"Arsenal never win any silverware."

The last time Arsenal won the Premier League was 2003-04. That really isn't all that long ago. Arsenal won the FA Cup in 2005 and finished runners-up the next year, before going on to win the Champion's League the year after that. The last time their rivals Spurs won the Prem? Never. They last won England's top flight in 1960-61. How could I forget, though, they did win the all-important Carling Cup in 2008 and finished as runners-up the very next season. Like Spurs, Liverpool also has never won the Premier League. Oh, sorry, they did win the FA Cup in 2006 and the Community Shield the same year. I guess that totally gives Arsenal fans a reason to moan about how Arsenal just never wins anything. Because the last time that Arsenal won the title they went undefeated is completely logical reasoning to expect that every year, isn't it? I mean, damn, the mere fact that there are only 4-6 teams with a reasonable shot at winning the title is a load of crap anyway.

In American sports, the Chicago Cubs haven't won a World Series 103 years ago and haven't even made it to the World Series since 1945- those fans have every right in the world to complain. My favorite baseball team, the New York Mets, last won a World Series a year before I was born, something I could probably complain about with some reason. Why do people still consider the New England Patriots "the team to beat in the NFL"- they haven't won the Super Bowl since 2004 and, given the fact that game was played a full three months before Arsenal won their last Premier League trophy means they have been longer without a title. What a long spell of mediocrity that is, they should totally fire Bill Belechick because he isn't doing his job.

The Houston Dynamo won back-to-back MLS cups in 2006 and 2007, I guess it's almost time for me to start whining that they never win anything.

**** Arsenal fans.

"Arsenal never win any silverware."

The last time Arsenal won the Premier League was 2003-04. That really isn't all that long ago. Arsenal won the FA Cup in 2005 and finished runners-up the next year, before going on to win the Champion's League the year after that. The last time their rivals Spurs won the Prem? Never. They last won England's top flight in 1960-61. How could I forget, though, they did win the all-important Carling Cup in 2008 and finished as runners-up the very next season. Like Spurs, Liverpool also has never won the Premier League. Oh, sorry, they did win the FA Cup in 2006 and the Community Shield the same year. I guess that totally gives Arsenal fans a reason to moan about how Arsenal just never wins anything. Because the last time that Arsenal won the title they went undefeated is completely logical reasoning to expect that every year, isn't it? I mean, damn, the mere fact that there are only 4-6 teams with a reasonable shot at winning the title is a load of crap anyway.

In American sports, the Chicago Cubs haven't won a World Series 103 years ago and haven't even made it to the World Series since 1945- those fans have every right in the world to complain. My favorite baseball team, the New York Mets, last won a World Series a year before I was born, something I could probably complain about with some reason. Why do people still consider the New England Patriots "the team to beat in the NFL"- they haven't won the Super Bowl since 2004 and, given the fact that game was played a full three months before Arsenal won their last Premier League trophy means they have been longer without a title. What a long spell of mediocrity that is, they should totally fire Bill Belechick because he isn't doing his job.

The Houston Dynamo won back-to-back MLS cups in 2006 and 2007, I guess it's almost time for me to start whining that they never win anything.

arsenal have NEVER won the champions league

Wonder if Arsene Wenger wrote the opening post? West Ham were runners up in the FA Cup in 2006. I was gutted for them at the time tbh because they played well enough to win the game and it is the best cup final I have seen in my lifetime so far. Arsenal have never won the champions league and will be lucky to qualify if RVP gets his annual injury which is about due now.

Archived