Is Pirating a game ever ok?

I don't really know what the best place to post this is, but it's just a question that I think about from time to time, would love to see what you guys think.

Hypothetical situation:

Bob has bought every edition of FM since 2007. He's in college and works part time, barely making enough to pay for tuition and a bit of spending money. Say Bob takes sick/gets hurt/anything else that would result in him not being able to work - thus no income for an extended period of time. FM 12 comes out and Bob has no money in the bank, has just recently gone back to working his job, and has ran up credit card debt in excess of $1000 just from living expenses while he wasn't working. So for the forseeable future, any money he makes will go straight on his credit card. Would you support Bob illegally downloading FM 12 in this case, or do you say sucks to be you, play the old version.

What say you?

It sucks to be you and in all fairness mate your running on a VERY fine line here. Talking about Piracy can end up in your account being deleted.

Slightly on topic the only way I have ever pirated anything in my life is to make a copy of DVDs, Music etc... so my original copies stay in there box and in good condition

It sucks to be you and in all fairness mate your running on a VERY fine line here. Talking about Piracy can end up in your account being deleted.

I didn't realize even discussing it could result in that, my bad. Also, this isn't my situation, if that's what "sucks to be you" meant. It's just something that popped into my head.

Archived