A sign I might be playing FM too much? (Involves a cat)

So I was talking to my parents yesterday and, for reasons not worth going into, I had cause to refer to when we first got our cat. This was 18 years ago (he's still going strong, something of a feline Ryan Giggs). Anyway, instead of saying "when we got Felix", I said "when we signed Felix". Imagine their reaction; "signed?!". I guess I had Football Manager on the brain. Perhaps I'm playing a little too much?

Anyway, I'm figuring he deserves some kind of loyalty bonus - a large tuna perhaps?

Any cat-related football longevity puns are welcome at this point.

how much you sign felix for? what club did he play before joining said household...lol
If its a black cat, he'd have been at Sunderland, of course...

Afraid not. We got from our rivals' youth academy (i.e. our neighbours' cat gave birth to him).

Funny, I have a cat named Félix too... (Yes, with "é", since it's in French)

But even if I didn't say I signed Félix, sometimes it seems I forget that I am only a virtual manager, not a real one... Last year (Or maybe before, don't remember if it was with FM2011 or FM2010), I was a bit annoyed because I heard a player go in a team. I said "thanks for not coming in my team", before I realised the player was the real one who signed for a real team, and not the virtual one who (eventually) signed in my team.

My girlfriend and I have also got a black cat named "Felix", snapped him up on a free last summer! At the moment he is serving his suspension in the bathroom for scratching up the sofa. Perhaps your Felix can tutor mine? He definately needs some work on his mentals..

Archived