FM12, Worth the upgrade?

buy it!!!!!!! this version is the most polished version I have ever seen so far and I have played since cm02. couple minor complaints mostly with the transfer system being ab it slow but that could be my database size. the new team talks alone are worth it, instantly knowing what affect your team talk is giving is fantastic.

I think you'd be better off downloading the demo, and having a try for yourself. This thread is just gonna attract people telling you to get it, then just as many telling you not to get it.

Personally thought I would. I feel its been improved upon vastly and like some of the new features, e.g. team meetings and the ability to load leagues at the end of a season.

I think FM 12 is brilliant. The team talks and player instructions do have an effect on my team and for the first time in any version of the game I feel I am in complete control of matters on the field.My mate at work was unsure about buying it as he was still on FM11 and doing well.He bought it a week after me and one day last week he was up at 4am playing it.We have both be playing for years and we say try it.

I don't think it's any easier than FM11 to be honest - i'm having very similar amounts of success so far as I did when I first got 11. The version is a lot more polished with a great amount of 'good' depth, and by that I mean stuff that doesn't take away from the quality of the game, it actually adds to it.

Obviously the forums are full of bugs here and there of varying sizes, and annoyances, but probably less so than previous versions.

buy it!!!!!!! this version is the most polished version I have ever seen so far and I have played since cm02. couple minor complaints mostly with the transfer system being ab it slow but that could be my database size. the new team talks alone are worth it, instantly knowing what affect your team talk is giving is fantastic.

+1!

I find that I am attracted less and less to my current save on FM11 in favour of the newer FM12 save that I have been working through as noted above and for all the other reasons listed in this thread.

As mentioned, it may be worth trying out the demo to familiarize yourself with some of the changes. IMO: They are well worth it!!!

I don't think it's any easier than FM11 to be honest - i'm having very similar amounts of success so far as I did when I first got 11. The version is a lot more polished with a great amount of 'good' depth, and by that I mean stuff that doesn't take away from the quality of the game, it actually adds to it.

Obviously the forums are full of bugshere and there of varying sizes, and annoyances, but probably less so than previous versions.

Got that right... some folks here are bugs lol

FM12 is my only experience so I don't know how much of an upgrade it is, but...

I can't imagine not knowing what affect team talks are having when I give them. How on Earth did it work before???

Likewise for adding leagues over time. I just loaded up the English Prem (only) on a large database and holidayed almost a full season (took about 10 minutes), then added loads more leagues and took the helm at Liverpool. Again, can't imagine what it was like before.

As for the rest of it - it's not exactly an expensive game, and considering the amount of detail in it, I would say it's essential. Unless you hate football.

For now answer is NO, too many important bugs and ME flaws:

defenders are complete *******, they just run along with the opposition and only tackle inside the area.

strikers are also ******* on 1vs1 and missing those changes most of the time.

every player seems also to be a brick wall, no matter how the ball is passed to them , they will get it always in their foot, as if all of them had 20 on first touch.

transfers and contracts are also bugged, sometimes AI accepts the offer for a player but then when you try to negociate the contract everything is blocked and you can't offer the contract to the player.

I probably put more hours into FM11 than I have any FM game since 2006 and was a little sceptical about upgrading right away but I have to say FM12 is an even better game. I wouldn't say there are too many huge improvements here but all the improvements there are have made for a much better experience. For all the issues that have been raised in these forums I haven't had any problems in my 5 seasons so far. I'm sure i'm just one of the many who are quietly getting on and enjoying the game.

Currently I find myself playing FM2011 again, I just havent gotten into my Fm2012 game much, the UI feels a bit.. clunky really, it's a good step but more refinement is needed for it to be perfect. Its interesting though, if you can get a good deal on it, it might be worth a try, especially if you want a new challenge with a new team.

Not many improvements from last year, but the biggest dissapointment is that the ME is the same. With the same bugs and incosistencies.

As it is now the game has some bugs (like scouting or registration problems) that I don't think how serious problems can look away.

But for some reason SI hasn't revealed its patch policy, so I'm sitting here unable to play the game. Pretty unprofessional on their part.

every football manager is the same! all they ever do is update the information about players, clubs, etc.

the simple fact is the general match play is AWFUL and will be on every FM game! compared to FIFA or Pro Evolution where you don't actually have to control any team if you don't want to and can set it as 'computer vs. computer', you would see that the players controlled by the game DON'T run around like headless chickens if they're destined to be on the losing side. on FM however, certain passes are made that wouldn't be in a real match, certain passes aren't played that would be in a real match, players make the weirdest runs which would make no sense in a football game and what is the obsession with defenders passing the ball back to the keeper?! because all he does is smash the ball upfield towards the smallest player on the pitch who's then expected to win the header against some huge centre back :S and why do strikers 'flick the ball on'...when he's clearly the furthest player forward and would know there's nobody ahead of him to collect the ball?! :S

i realise this is just a thread in a forum and FM will always be like this and i'll probably always be obsessed with playing it but sometimes it really pisses me off that the matchplay can't be more realistic like it is in FIFA and Pro Evo.

Archived